Nog Interview about Couture/Mir fights

IwishIwasMMA

I'm a Mir fan but I would never say Nog isn't a warrior' date=' that would just be silly. He's definitely a warrior and I think a rematch would go in his favor.[/quote']

Nice to see you are not allowing your fanboyism to blind you. Nog/Mir II will be greatly different. Maybe the 3 will have to be the proven factor.

The good thing about Mir winning these matches is though that it gave him a lot of name credibility as of recent. Even if he loses the title, he still has at least 3 or 4 match ups that are big draws as long as he puts up a fight in each one.

Mir/Lesnar 3 (Believe it or not, it is actually better for Mir to lose if he wants another huge payday from fighting Brock)

Mir/Couture (if he wants, it will look big to the fans)

Mir/Nog 2,3 (If Nog wins the second, it will be a HUUUUGE rubber match yet again)

Just my opinion though

I disagree with the Mir will be better off payday wise if he loses. I don't think he'd be given a third match with either Lesnar or nogueria if he loses match two. His wins will b e looked at as flukes and he'll be relegated out of the main events. Just like we'll never see Penn v Pulver 3 or GSP v Serra 3. Waste of time.

Apparently you guys dont know how much everyone is on Mirs nuts since he has defeated Brock. Then to solidify that it was "not a fluke" in the fans eyes he beat Nog, plus the whole TUF show gave him a whole new fan base... Even though I dont understand it, that is how it went down. If he wins or loses it doesnt matter because he has a huge fan following now. Look at all the people on this site who actually think Mir is one of the greatest fighters of all time.

That is why I believe win or lose, Mir is going to be looked at as a top fighter and a big draw.

Apparently you guys dont know how much everyone is on Mirs nuts since he has defeated Brock. Then to solidify that it was "not a fluke" in the fans eyes he beat Nog' date=' plus the whole TUF show gave him a whole new fan base... Even though I dont understand it, that is how it went down. If he wins or loses it doesnt matter because he has a huge fan following now. Look at all the people on this site who actually think Mir is one of the greatest fighters of all time.

That is why I believe win or lose, Mir is going to be looked at as a top fighter and a big draw.[/quote']

Youre really starting to push some buttons here Iwish. You cannot take anything away from Mir at all. No, hes not the greatest fighter or HW to ever live. The win with Brock was not a fluke. He tok advantage of a bad call by a ref. A lot of people do. A LOT! Second, Nog will not destroy Mir. It will be an amazing fight and I do believe Nog will win. You guys just seem to be putting Brock on this pedistal since he did well in 1 fight. He hits hard, big deal. Has good wrestling, big deal. Mir aside from Nog has the Best BJJ of any heavyweight. Mir is no slouch and I am sick of people saying that he is. He will beat Brock come time. He will lose to Nog if they fight again and he will lose to Randy if they fight. I have said this many times before. Brock is just a phase that is going to pass. Losing to Nog and Randy gives him no less credit than any other great fighter. Mir is a great fighter and one of the best BJJ guys inthe game. Bottom line

Youre really starting to push some buttons here Iwish. You cannot take anything away from Mir at all. No' date=' hes not the greatest fighter or HW to ever live. The win with Brock was not a fluke. He tok advantage of a bad call by a ref. A lot of people do. A LOT! Second, Nog will not destroy Mir. It will be an amazing fight and I do believe Nog will win. You guys just seem to be putting Brock on this pedistal since he did well in 1 fight. He hits hard, big deal. Has good wrestling, big deal. Mir aside from Nog has the Best BJJ of any heavyweight. Mir is no slouch and I am sick of people saying that he is. He will beat Brock come time. He will lose to Nog if they fight again and he will lose to Randy if they fight. I have said this many times before. Brock is just a phase that is going to pass. Losing to Nog and Randy gives him no less credit than any other great fighter. Mir is a great fighter and one of the best BJJ guys inthe game. Bottom line[/quote']

LOL calm down Cee.

In all seriousness though Mir is not one of the best BJJ practitioners. Not even at HW. Gonzagas BJJ is better then his. Barnetts is better. Fedors (even though he does not practice straight up BJJ) is still better. The point I am getting at is that his BJJ is over rated if you think Nog is the only one ahead of him in that department.

Mir is not as good as people say. Brock is not as good as people say either. Brock is good for the UFC HWs, but not for the world HWs... He would not last very long in Afflicition IMO. Mir wouldnt even get in the door.

LOL calm down Cee.

In all seriousness though Mir is not one of the best BJJ practitioners. Not even at HW. Gonzagas BJJ is better then his. Barnetts is better. Fedors (even though he does not practice straight up BJJ) is still better. The point I am getting at is that his BJJ is over rated if you think Nog is the only one ahead of him in that department.

Mir is not as good as people say. Brock is not as good as people say either. Brock is good for the UFC HWs' date=' but not for the world HWs... He would not last very long in Afflicition IMO. Mir wouldnt even get in the door.[/quote']

1) Fedors isnt better. His armbars are better. But thats about it. LOL

2) Gonzaga is but Barnett no.

3) Brock is not even good for UFC HW's. Everyone will see this soon

4) Mir is not the best HW out there, not even top 5 IMO. Bu the is good.

5) You dont win a HW title twice if youre as bad as you are making him out to be

6) Mir will beat Brock and then Brock will have to fighter tougher comp and fall off

7) Mir will get the title back and have to fight better comp and fall off. LOL

I really don't understand why you think brock is a fluke.

Im not saying he is a fluke. Not nearly as good as everyone thinks he is tho. Idk whats going through peoples heads when it comes to that. The only person I give him a good chance against is Mir. Thats it. Coututre will destroy him, Nog, Gonzaga, Carwin, Barnett, Tim, Arlovski, Fedor. All of em. Brock was a big promotional stunt and did ok. But he will lose the title and then slowly fade away. You hear it here first ;)

1) Fedors isnt better. His armbars are better. But thats about it. LOL.

2) Gonzaga is but Barnett no.

3) Brock is not even good for UFC HW's. Everyone will see this soon

4) Mir is not the best HW out there' date=' not even top 5 IMO. Bu the is good.

5) You dont win a HW title twice if youre as bad as you are making him out to be

6) Mir will beat Brock and then Brock will have to fighter tougher comp and fall off

7) Mir will get the title back and have to fight better comp and fall off. LOL[/quote']

1) Fedor also has solid chokes. His BJJ defense is disgusting considering Nog couldnt do anything with him at all.

2) Barnett is better because he has both BJJ and strong wrestling.

3) Brock is good for a UFC HW. That is all

4) Mir is a top 3 HW in the world for right now, but that is going to change soon. No doubt though he is top for the time being at all.

5) Mir beat Sylvia, no big deal. GEEZ Couture destroyed sylvia do you think it is that hard? He was losing up a storm and about to be fired until he beat Hardonk, then he beat Brock and was given a title shot because he had gained so much popularity from that one fight. That is obvious if you ask me.

6) Maybe, but Brock is getting better and proving it. He defeated Herring who was one of the greatest ever. Mir will more then likely lose though via TKO IMO

7) Mir will fall off, but not for at least 3 or 4 matches IMO. It is just a matter of time.

Im not saying he is a fluke. Not nearly as good as everyone thinks he is tho. Idk whats going through peoples heads when it comes to that. The only person I give him a good chance against is Mir. Thats it. Coututre will destroy him' date=' Nog, Gonzaga, Carwin, Barnett, Tim, Arlovski, Fedor. All of em. Brock was a big promotional stunt and did ok. But he will lose the title and then slowly fade away. You hear it here first ;)[/quote']

I disagree. Brock has an excellent base of wrestling. Good match ups for him to win are, Gonzaga, Barnett (because the fight may never go to the ground and he can TKO him), Sylvia because he can GNP him to death, and Couture because he is bigger and stronger and has used that to his advantage. We saw that in their last fight

Carwin is an even match IMO. Carwin will more then likely win I also believe.

Nog is a bad match up. He has more technical striking and can do a lot with his abilities. He can stand, go to the ground etc. It doesnt matter. Fedor is also a bad match up. AA is a solid match up, but it just comes down to AAs jaw. His striking is a lot superior and he has ok wrestling. He could out point him with his speed and technical skill. He was proving this for a moment before Fedor blew him apart.

1) Fedor also has solid chokes. His BJJ defense is disgusting considering Nog couldnt do anything with him at all.

2) Barnett is better because he has both BJJ and strong wrestling.

3) Brock is good for a UFC HW. That is all

4) Mir is a top 3 HW in the world for right now' date=' but that is going to change soon. No doubt though he is top for the time being at all.

5) Mir beat Sylvia, no big deal. GEEZ Couture destroyed sylvia do you think it is that hard? He was losing up a storm and about to be fired until he beat Hardonk, then he beat Brock and was given a title shot because he had gained so much popularity from that one fight. That is obvious if you ask me.

6) Maybe, but Brock is getting better and proving it. He defeated Herring who was one of the greatest ever. Mir will more then likely lose though via TKO IMO

7) Mir will fall off, but not for at least 3 or 4 matches IMO. It is just a matter of time.[/quote']

Barnett is a better overall fighter than Mir. But his BJJ is not.

Mir is top 3, but I agreed when it is not well deserving and will lose that ranking soon.

Mir beat Sylvia at Sylvias prime tho. And Couture is a beast. lol

Herring was good on roids.

Mir and Brock will fall off around the same time.

5 fights tops.

Sorry. Cut it a lil short. Was getting distracted by some pics getting sent to my phone. But hey. You win Iwish. I find it hard to argue when Im in such a good mood right now.

All u said was right. Good job:)

We are not arguing. Just passing points across to each other. I see some of the points you came up with are pretty solid, but I thought I had a strong enough counter. That is why I posted back. not a bad little debate though :D

I love you sex CEE!

We are not arguing. Just passing points across to each other. I see some of the points you came up with are pretty solid' date=' but I thought I had a strong enough counter. That is why I posted back. not a bad little debate though :D

I love you sex CEE![/quote']

Haha! ok we're good now. lol. I got my composure back. where were we? lol

Nice to see you are not allowing your fanboyism to blind you. Nog/Mir II will be greatly different. Maybe the 3 will have to be the proven factor.

The good thing about Mir winning these matches is though that it gave him a lot of name credibility as of recent. Even if he loses the title' date=' he still has at least 3 or 4 match ups that are big draws as long as he puts up a fight in each one.

Mir/Lesnar 3 (Believe it or not, it is actually better for Mir to lose if he wants another huge payday from fighting Brock)

Mir/Nog 2,3 (If Nog wins the second, it will be a HUUUUGE rubber match yet again)

Just my opinion though[/quote']

I'm a fan but I'm a realist. I'm also a fan of Brian Stann remember, and I have no misconceptions about where he stands. I didn't just hop on the Mir wagon though. I thought he was great before the accident and I've seen many broken femurs ruin people's lives, let alone their careers. After coming back from that he'll have my support in every fight.

I disagree with the Mir will be better off payday wise if he loses. I don't think he'd be given a third match with either Lesnar or nogueria if he loses match two. His wins will b e looked at as flukes and he'll be relegated out of the main events. Just like we'll never see Penn v Pulver 3 or GSP v Serra 3. Waste of time.

I think this depends on the fate of Affliction and the HWs there. If some good ones come here, it will take more time to get back on top. If we don't gain more HWs he could get another shot in a year or so and if Brock's still champ, $$ CHA-CHING $$ for both. I'm not a Brock hater. I think he's good for the sport and for the UFC especially. He brings in alot of money and that's good for the fighters.

I know that Iwish is a huge Mir fan, oh he talks alot about mittigating factors, about reasons why others are better than Frank.

But there is a giveaway. You will notice he never criticises Frank's hair. Some people might criticise him for the amount of time he spends making his hair look salon finished for each fight.

Not Iwish, he leaves it alone, cherishes it.

That is how we all know that deep down Iwish, adores Mir.

I know that Iwish is a huge Mir fan' date=' oh he talks alot about mittigating factors, about reasons why others are better than Frank.

But there is a giveaway. You will notice he never criticises Frank's hair. Some people might criticise him for the amount of time he spends making his hair look salon finished for each fight.

Not Iwish, he leaves it alone, cherishes it.

That is how we all know that deep down Iwish, adores Mir.[/quote']

I think he once commented that Mir "has a purty mouth"

The good thing about Mir winning these matches is though that it gave him a lot of name credibility as of recent. Even if he loses the title' date=' he still has at least 3 or 4 match ups that are big draws as long as he puts up a fight in each one.

I like Mir, and I think he is very underrated to most forum members here, but of those three mentioned above, the only one i see him clearly having a great chance of beating is Lesnar at this point, but even that based on how far Lesnar has gone from Mir/Lesnar I isnt much to hold onto anymore lols.

I would like to see Mir/Couture first, then Mir/Nog before Mir/Lesnar III, if i had a choice.

Believe it or not I'm actually going to ask you a serious question as you obviously put alot of thought into this stuff, as opposed to my bizarre rants...

If Fedor were to come across, who would put on the best fight with him first up?

Believe it or not I'm actually going to ask you a serious question as you obviously put alot of thought into this stuff' date=' as opposed to my bizarre rants...

If Fedor were to come across, who would put on the best fight with him first up?[/quote']

Right now?

i would probably put Randy or Carwin at him.. down the road, say a yr or so, Defntly Brock.

Carwin has power, and if he connects i think he can hurt Fedor, and seems like Carwin has a pretty solid chin himself and good recovery.

Really i think Fedor beats all three right now lols.. but Brock down the road would be most likely his best and toughest test.

btw i know i wasnt the one u asked haha but i couldnt help but put my two cents in there.

Believe it or not I'm actually going to ask you a serious question as you obviously put alot of thought into this stuff' date=' as opposed to my bizarre rants...

If Fedor were to come across, who would put on the best fight with him first up?[/quote']

I guess that depends on whether you mean best first fight in terms of a warmup? Best show? or who might actually beat him?

Personally, just for an entertaining fight, I'd like to see him fight couture, the veteran.

Personally? No one at this point. Carwin may have the best shot if he proves he can destroy more top 10s. In the future though Brock and Carwin will be much better. At this time I would honestly say Nog would probably be the only man able to go the distance with him

Personally? No one at this point. Carwin may have the best shot if he proves he can destroy more top 10s. In the future though Brock and Carwin will be much better. At this time I would honestly say Nog would probably be the only man able to go the distance with him

That may sound nice, but yeah he would probably go the distance with him but not in favor of Nog, I have seen a more degraded Pride version of Nog in the UFC, Fedor still looks almost exactly like his pride days, which is really bad for Nog.

i think that Carwin isn't fast enough and Fedor seems to have a good enough chin to avoid the lucky strike. Fedor by arm bar in about a minute or so. Brock would last a couple rounds. I think Fedor smashes him standing and brock wouldn't want to end up in the Hong man choi arm bar so he'd keep it standing and get dropped in round 2 and submitted seconds later. Velasquez in about a year or so after he beats Herring and then Kongo, will be ready for fedor and i think he has the right tools to have a chance. I wouldn't give him favorable odds, but on a hunch I think he's the best hope to beat Fedor.

i think that Carwin isn't fast enough and Fedor seems to have a good enough chin to avoid the lucky strike. Fedor by arm bar in about a minute or so. Brock would last a couple rounds. I think Fedor smashes him standing and brock wouldn't want to end up in the Hong man choi arm bar so he'd keep it standing and get dropped in round 2 and submitted seconds later. Velasquez in about a year or so after he beats Herring and then Kongo' date=' will be ready for fedor and i think he has the right tools to have a chance. I wouldn't give him favorable odds, but on a hunch I think he's the best hope to beat Fedor.[/quote']

I think that best chance at beating Fedor is Arlovski with Wesley "Cabbage" Correiras jaw.

That may sound nice' date=' but yeah he would probably go the distance with him but not in favor of Nog, I have seen a more degraded Pride version of Nog in the UFC, Fedor still looks almost exactly like his pride days, which is really bad for Nog.[/quote']

I agree. Nog would lose still for sure. I still think he is the only man that could go the distance with him

That may sound nice' date=' but yeah he would probably go the distance with him but not in favor of Nog, I have seen a more degraded Pride version of Nog in the UFC, Fedor still looks almost exactly like his pride days, which is really bad for Nog.[/quote']

Its also bad news for anyone looking directly at his face.

Sorry Fedor, you know I love you boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• 4 months later...

Archived