MMA legend Ken Shamrock and steroids???

Oomaplotta

Hey guys,

I think it's the absolute truth, but it doesn't surprise me at his age personally I think they ought to put a permanent ban for him.

I mean considering his age the amount of times he's lost and how his condition usually is in most of his fights he's only going to end up dying in a cage/ring one day and all many fans will only have this to say...

Whatever happened to that American guy who fought and got in a draw with Royce Gracie?

Don't disrespect Shamrock yo. He's done a lot and has been around for a long time. He's just the kind of person that doesn't know when to call it quits. And I'm sure he's been taking steroids for a long time. He went from former UFC champion to fighting fat ****s just to get a win. I think he's suffering enough without the **** talk.

I'm sorry Remedx, but for years, Shamrock has gone on his respect me rant, well if he does not appeal this and did in fact have Norandrosterone, Noretiocholanolone and Stanozolol in his system, then he just disrespected this entire sport and everyone associated with it.

Ken is one of the most recognizable faces associated to MMA, and for him to test positive after making these comments to MMA Weekly just 1 year ago is inexcusable.

“During a recent interview with MMA Madness, Frank stated that I have used steroids ‘my whole life.’ In making such a reckless and irresponsible statement, Frank has attacked my character. As such, I unfortunately find it necessary to respond to his allegations. I’m not sure what his motives were, but Frank’s allegations are absolutely false.”

He continued, “Our sport has policies in place to deter steroid use and to weed out the guys that, as my brother says, ‘…are taking shortcuts to gain fame.’ I have been subjected to mandatory steroid testing countless times and I have never tested positive for steroids, nor have I ever refused a test. Furthermore, my experience has always been that the promoters and fighters willingly comply with the drug testing mandated by the various Athletic Commissions.”

Ken also went on to point out that the Nevada State Athletic Commission has always administered steroid and drug testing for licensed fighters and has recently added short-notice testing during times of non-competition.

“For Frank to state that a majority of fighters use steroids and that the promoters do not care, or that they somehow condone the use of steroids, is unbelievably irresponsible,” stated Ken. “It tarnishes the image of every fighter and promoter in this industry. The comments Frank made about me and about the industry itself are based purely on his personal opinion, not on facts.”

I'm sorry Remedx' date=' but for years, Shamrock has gone on his respect me rant, well if he does not appeal this and did in fact have Norandrosterone, Noretiocholanolone and Stanozolol in his system, then he just disrespected this entire sport and everyone associated with it.

Ken is one of the most recognizable faces associated to MMA, and for him to test positive after making these comments to MMA Weekly just 1 year ago is inexcusable.[/quote']

Very informative. Thanks.

Hello guys,

Brewster you've hit the nail on the head, this is indeed what Frank has said before and for many of us it might've been hard to believe but if his brother also confirmed it then why're we still fighting about this.

I'm not direspecting him but he's a stubborn bull and he's putting his life at risk and if fans or another person doesn't do anything about it...

Then who will?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived