UFC 100 Brock lesnar main event?!

Rayline

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lesner is the best fighter ever inthe history of the worlds, he would kill bruce lee and chuck norris with one hadn tied behind his back

he would beat Fedor in less than 10 seconds

he was the wwe champion 6 times!!!!

when he stomps his feet there are earthquakes in china

Lesner is the best fighter ever inthe history of the worlds' date=' he would kill bruce lee and chuck norris with one hadn tied behind his back

when he stomps his feet there are earthquakes in china[/quote']

Those are all very valid points.

Is it just me' date=' or is the idea of UFC 100 showing off the main event as Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir??!! WTF. I mean Lesnar is 3-1? 2 maybe......and Mir is just average as far as I'm concerned.

What do you guys think?[/quote']

I'm not a fan of Brock but he's the champ right now. Its one of the perks. People like him and personally, I'm looking forward to the Mir/Lesner rematch. I want to see if his BJJ defence his improved. So no I have no problem with it.

Lesner is the best fighter ever inthe history of the worlds' date=' he would kill bruce lee and chuck norris with one hadn tied behind his back

Your crazy dude LMAO :)

I'm not a fan of Brock but he's the champ right now. Its one of the perks. People like him and personally' date=' I'm looking forward to the Mir/Lesner rematch. I want to see if his BJJ defence his improved. So no I have no problem with it.[/quote']

hahaha mark my words, bjj takes brains, Brock is a big ogre

dont make Ogre angry, he will punch you and hammer fist you!!!!!

yeah nice skills dude:rolleyes:

he makes mma look stupid

i cant wait til he loses the belt and the title goes back to real mma and not sports entertainment

the only advanced moves he knows is the tombstone and the belly to belly suplex

gtfo of here:p

hahaha mark my words' date=' bjj takes brains, Brock is a big ogre

dont make Ogre angry, he will punch you and hammer fist you!!!!!

yeah nice skills dude:rolleyes:

he makes mma look stupid

i cant wait til he loses the belt and the title goes back to real mma and not sports entertainment

the only advanced moves he knows is the tombstone and the belly to belly suplex

gtfo of here:p[/quote']

Go die.

this isnt the off topic thread...

but since we are off topic, i made a ricky the dragon steamboat sign when i went to the wrestling event as a little boy and steamboat didnt even wrestle that night.

now on topic i think its a crock of crap that its the main event. i cant stand either guy and i dont even think mir was hurt... i think they did that on purpose to get this fight at ufc 100. now i dont even want to see the countdown to ufc 100. q: (

This fight is the final part of the unification/Undisputed UFC heavyweight championship since randy left the UFC.

Tim Sylvia fought against nogueira for the interim title, and then Randy decieded to come back and screw it all up, which forced him to fight the only available "big draw" opponent-LESNAR at the time

Lesnar won that and Mir won the match between him and nogueira after the ultimate fighter show delayed their match--creating a rematch/title fight

Bottom line is if Randy Couture did not come back, and Mir/nogueira did not do the ultimate fighter--than this would not be the main event and there may not have been a Heavyweight title fight as the main event.

The other factor is that it is the Highest belt to hold in the UFC-hence the main event

Frank Mir is no pushover and was the heavyweight champion before when he broke sylvia's arm in 2004

lol i mean they are all equal, just becuz your 40 pounds heavier doesnt make the value of your belt go up. i know why they have it as the featured fight, i personally am not even excited for this fight. i think brock will end it very soon... but i really dont like either fighter.

In the end this is the end of the more than one year 'tournament' dana slated for the undisputed heavyweight championship

A title is a title in each weight division, but the heavier weight class wins the higher seed on the card

if BJ Penn vs. Kenny Florian was on this card it would be under the GSP vs. Alves fight

Dude Franks gotta be so nervous not only does this fight impact his career its like the entire basis of a huge arguement of purists vs non purists. I really don't want to see him rematch Mir because I really just don't care.

I love seeing Brock in the cage beating the piss out of someone. Randy was small. Mir has already beaten him. Herring was a good test. He just needs to fight Big Nog, Kongo, and Carwin. I hope he at least has a six fight contract. Hopefully the UFC gets some good HW prospects then he could get all his tests in one orginazation. I'm glad they are doing a TUF with HWs but it takes a while for a TUF'er to develop into a Rashad, Bisping, or Forrest.

I hope everyone realizes that Brock could easilly develop into a ridiculously strong MMA fighter and he's no dummy, he has a college education and he speaks very intelligently.

Dude Franks gotta be so nervous not only does this fight impact his career its like the entire basis of a huge arguement of purists vs non purists. I really don't want to see him rematch Mir because I really just don't care.

I love seeing Brock in the cage beating the piss out of someone. Randy was small. Mir has already beaten him. Herring was a good test. He just needs to fight Big Nog' date=' Kongo, and Carwin. I hope he at least has a six fight contract. Hopefully the UFC gets some good HW prospects then he could get all his tests in one orginazation. I'm glad they are doing a TUF with HWs but it takes a while for a TUF'er to develop into a Rashad, Bisping, or Forrest.

I hope everyone realizes that Brock could easilly develop into a ridiculously strong MMA fighter and he's no dummy, he has a college education and he speaks very intelligently.[/quote']

Smart post.

HW is the highest belt i would say because it really means you are the best fighter not p4p but literally you would beat the other champs. (well technically' date=' you know what I mean)[/quote']

yeah i get what u mean. like if there was no weight classes, brock would be champ

I love seeing Brock in the cage beating the piss out of someone. Randy was small. Mir has already beaten him. Herring was a good test. He just needs to fight Big Nog' date=' Kongo, and Carwin. I hope he at least has a six fight contract. Hopefully the UFC gets some good HW prospects then he could get all his tests in one orginazation. I'm glad they are doing a TUF with HWs but it takes a while for a TUF'er to develop into a Rashad, Bisping, or Forrest.

I hope everyone realizes that Brock could easilly develop into a ridiculously strong MMA fighter and he's no dummy, he has a college education and he speaks very intelligently.[/quote']

lol randy couture did far better then herring?

1st punch made herring do a backflip lol that was huge

randy might of been smaller but he tamed brook with hit own game.

and evan after the fight u didnt see brooks cookeyside come out like with herring.

HW is the highest belt i would say because it really means you are the best fighter not p4p but literally you would beat the other champs. (well technically' date=' you know what I mean)[/quote']

just cos ur big dont mean ur gonna beat evryone eles.size = slower,less elusive,tire easy

if u put anderson agenst brook i think anderson wud come out a winner provideing he just kept moveing and strikeing to the body and legs keeping disstance and win the rounds

just cos ur big dont mean ur gonna beat evryone eles.size = slower' date='less elusive,tire easy

if u put anderson agenst brook i think anderson wud come out a winner provideing he just kept moveing and strikeing to the body and legs keeping disstance and win the rounds[/quote']

The next time someone disrespects you on here and calls you a bad name, look back at this comment and you shouldn't feel so violated. Anderson would be taken down and turned into ground beef in seconds against Brock. His takedown defense is his biggest flaw and even if it wasn't, Brock is among the ten best wrestlers in the world, Silva would have no chance of keeping it standing. He took randy "freakin" couture down twice in the first round, what the hell chance does any man with a 60lb disadvantage have against Brock if Randy, an Olympic wrestler, couldn't stop it?

The next time someone disrespects you on here and calls you a bad name' date=' look back at this comment and you shouldn't feel so violated. Anderson would be taken down and turned into ground beef in seconds against Brock. His takedown defense is his biggest flaw and even if it wasn't, Brock is among the ten best wrestlers in the world, Silva would have no chance of keeping it standing. He took randy "freakin" couture down twice in the first round, what the hell chance does any man with a 60lb disadvantage have against Brock if Randy, an Olympic wrestler, couldn't stop it?[/quote']

how can u take down something u cant catch?anderson is proble the most elusive fighter in the ufc.hes got an under estemated ground game.his strikeing is someing like 85% lands.brooks got **** stand up he cant evan throw a kick for god sake his ground game(exsept wrestleing)is a joke (looks back at brook vs mir) and going bk to randy and brook did randy not get bk to his feet evry time brook took him down???brook has nuffin part from his weight and his wrestleing.i think i gotta fair arguement tbh

lol randy couture did far better then herring?

1st punch made herring do a backflip lol that was huge

randy might of been smaller but he tamed brook with hit own game.

and evan after the fight u didnt see brooks cookeyside come out like with herring.

Herring was being a complete D!ck before the fight. Brock had all rights to be an **** during and after that fight to Herring because of the way Herring thought he was so much better, yet got his bum handed to him on a silver platter and basically had one socket left.

If anyone was ****y in that match, it was Herring. This is coming from a guy who probably likes Herring more then Brock.

Herring was being a complete D!ck before the fight. Brock had all rights to be an **** during and after that fight to Herring because of the way Herring thought he was so much better' date=' yet got his bum handed to him on a silver platter and basically had one socket left.

If anyone was ****y in that match, it was Herring. This is coming from a guy who probably likes Herring more then Brock.[/quote']

ok fair enuff i cant remember herring comeing to the ring.either way brook is a ****y prick

the only fighter hes givein respect to is randy and who wudnt apart from sum punk like junie browening

how can u take down something u cant catch?anderson is proble the most elusive fighter in the ufc.hes got an under estemated ground game.his strikeing is someing like 85% lands.brooks got **** stand up he cant evan throw a kick for god sake his ground game(exsept wrestleing)is a joke (looks back at brook vs mir) and going bk to randy and brook did randy not get bk to his feet evry time brook took him down???brook has nuffin part from his weight and his wrestleing.i think i gotta fair arguement tbh

Hmmm' date=' to be honest I dont really think this is a strong argument. Brock lost to Frank because he was too anxious and because of Mazzagatti. That is really all there is to that fight.

Anderson Silva would have to hope he could KO Brock on his feet or else he would get taken down and more then likely GNPd. Brock is supposedly near a purple belt, or better now, says a world champion BJJ grappler. If that is his level, + Brocks wrestling + Brocks speed + Brocks strength, would all be a very hard thing for Spidey to deal with. Brock could take him down and literally beat the hell out of him. It could be close, but if it wasnt, then Brock would more then likely be the victor unless Spidey could survive until late.

Fedor though would kill both of them.

ok fair enuff i cant remember herring comeing to the ring.either way brook is a ****y prick

the only fighter hes givein respect to is randy and who wudnt apart from sum punk like junie browening

Its Brock... and why is he ****y? Look how ****y Mir is... its actually annoying how ****y Mir is. Since the TUF show, I dislike his attitude even more, and to add the fact that his skills are just on the average line, doesnt make it any better.

Junie is ****y, but for where Junie is on the fighting ladder, he is pretty good. He fought a guy that was way too advanced for him, and was finished rather easily, but he should never have fought him anyways this soon. Junie has potential, and if he uses it he will do very well in the future.

I think Alves-GSP is a far more appropriate main event, but hey, Dana would have to be almost an idiot to not make this the main event. The truth is, Lesnar sells better than GSP or Alves.

For some reason, I just get a feeling Mir will take this one. Again the odds are against him, but I think he can pull it off once more.

I think Alves-GSP is a far more appropriate main event' date=' but hey, Dana would have to be almost an idiot to not make this the main event. The truth is, Lesnar sells better than GSP or Alves.

For some reason, I just get a feeling Mir will take this one. Again the odds are against him, but I think he can pull it off once more.[/quote']

You think Lesner is a bigger draw than GSP??? I don't know about that one. GSP is pretty big with the fans

Is it just me' date=' or is the idea of UFC 100 showing off the main event as Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir??!! WTF. I mean Lesnar is 3-1? 2 maybe......and Mir is just average as far as I'm concerned.

What do you guys think?[/quote']

It's a title fight uniting the belt. How can it not be a main event? No disrespect to Tiago Alves, but alot of people are just hearing his name for the first time. It's great to watch GSP fight, but the fight isn't between two well known household names. Mir was a TUF coach and a past champion, Brock was a past life superstar, and currently one of the most interesting things in the heavyweight division.

The purists would want GSP to be the main event but the purists are buying this card anyways. The people that want GSP to be in the main event won't miss this card for anything, but the Brock Lesnar draw from outside the mainstream MMA fanbase is what is going to make this card the biggest PPVbuyrate in UFC history. It's wise to use Brock as the main event to get the extra fan interest. Not to mention that the Mir-Lesnar 2 fight is the most anticipated fight to happen this year. Alves is the reason GSP is not in the main event. He isn't bringing in any fans. there will be some Penn fan, holdovers, cheering against GSP but nobody outside of his family and training partners actually cheers for Alves, he's a nobody unless he wins this fight, which he won't.

funny man

heavyweight is not the highest belt and im standing on that. it just on which fight has the more standout star... ufc knows lesnar is maybe the most well known UFC champ. however if this fight was mir vs carwin then this fight would be under GSP vs Alves .

the heavyweights is not the most covet if thats what u r trying to convey....its just a division of weight class championship recognition.....in fact there isnt more prestige over a belt in one weight class as compared to another

heavyweight is not the highest belt and im standing on that. it just on which fight has the more standout star... ufc knows lesnar is maybe the most well known UFC champ. however if this fight was mir vs carwin then this fight would be under GSP vs Alves .

So so, I agreed with there going with Lesnar for the PPV buys.

But it's kinda how the cards fall as to which would be a main event over the other.

As it stand Mir-Carwin would be under GSP-Alves. Because GSP is a better and more respected name in the MMA and a better P4P rating than MIR or Carwin.

But if GSP-Alves was extremely close or something happend and the fight was post-poned.

And in the time period Carwin under 2 min'ed another Top 10 or 5 HW.

I could see Mir-Carwin being the main event over a GSP-Alves II or reschedule.

(Tho this would only be if Mir beats Lesnar and its a title fight.)

As a title fight will basicly always be over a non-title.

Archived