Rashad Evans Vs Lyoto Machida

IwishIwasMMA

Well, since a million threads were already made about this, lets finally get a vote and see who the forum believes will win this fight and why. Lets hear opinions with some facts behind them and intelligent debates.

I personally believe this is Machidas fight. He has all the tools necessary to beat Rashad via UD at the end of round 5. I believe his sumo will cancel out Rashads wrestling, his BJJ is better then Rashads unproven submission game, and that his striking is light years ahead of the current UFC LHW champ. If Rashad does win this though, I believe it will be by TKO in the 4th or 5th rounds.

Well' date=' since a million threads were already made about this, lets finally get a vote and see who the forum believes will win this fight and why. Lets hear opinions with some facts behind them and intelligent debates.

I personally believe this is Machidas fight. He has all the tools necessary to beat Rashad via UD at the end of round 5. I believe his sumo will cancel out Rashads wrestling, his BJJ is better then Rashads unproven submission game, and that his striking is light years ahead of the current UFC LHW champ. If Rashad does win this though, I believe it will be by TKO in the 4th or 5th rounds.[/quote']

I will have to go against you here, I think Rashad will take the UD.

His camp will give him a great game plan, And IMO that game plan should be to use his quickness to get in and out on machida for a couple rounds and hopefully try to frustrate him, and if he gets frustrated then Rashad should be able to take him down very easily and ride out the decision

Sorry Greg Jackson Submission, I didn't mean to ruin your gameplan and hopefully Lyoto Machida and his camp will not read this cause they don't speak English.

I will have to go against you here' date=' I think Rashad will take the UD.

His camp will give him a great game plan, And IMO that game plan should be to use his quickness to get in and out on machida for a couple rounds and hopefully try to frustrate him, and if he gets frustrated then Rashad should be able to take him down very easily and ride out the decision

Sorry Greg Jackson Submission, I didn't mean to ruin your gameplan and hopefully Lyoto Machida and his camp will not read this cause they don't speak English.[/quote']

Not bad. I think Rashads speed will have a hard time matching Machidas though. Also I can see Machida possibly preventing most of those takedowns and maybe getting a few of his own due to his trips and inside takedowns. He catches people with trips all the time, and also took Tito down very easily once, and then Tito pulled guard on him another time. Tito did not take him down though, but did get a nice triangle in at the end of round 3. Machida still escaped beautifully with relative ease, which is definitely saying something.

Not bad. I think Rashads speed will have a hard time matching Machidas though. Also I can see Machida possibly preventing most of those takedowns and maybe getting a few of his own due to his trips and inside takedowns. He catches people with trips all the time' date=' and also took Tito down very easily once, and then Tito pulled guard on him another time. Tito did not take him down though, but did get a nice triangle in at the end of round 3. Machida still escaped beautifully with relative ease, which is definitely saying something.[/quote']

If you look at the postition of his legs, it is an illusion. Tito never had that triangle locked in, if he did we wouldn't be talking about Machida right now.

IMO though I think Rashad is faster than Machida.

If you look at the postition of his legs' date=' it is an illusion. Tito never had that triangle locked in, if he did we wouldn't be talking about Machida right now.

IMO though I think Rashad is faster than Machida.[/quote']

This is a possibility, but Machidas striking is much more technical and harder to time. Rashad will definitely not outpoint Machida in the striking game. Maybe in the wrestling game, but I also doubt in the clinch game. I think Rashads best chance is being on top while on the ground. That is a hard thing to do!

I just said the same thing with a questioning look on my face... but whatever it is there opinion. That scenario is about as likely as Rashad SUBing someone.

I could see a Rashad Sub, here is the scenario and the thoughts going through the opposite fighters mind.

Wow this guy really stinks, ah his boob sweat is getting in my mouth, he has been laying on me for the past 2 rounds, ah man I have to get to the hotel, I have an Asian prostidude meeting me in like 35 minutes, and then he would tap and scurry off to his hotel room.

I could see a Rashad Sub' date=' here is the scenario and the thoughts going through the opposite fighters mind.

Wow this guy really stinks, ah his boob sweat is getting in my mouth, he has been laying on me for the past 2 rounds, ah man I have to get to the hotel, I have an Asian prostidude meeting me in like 35 minutes, and then he would tap and scurry off to his hotel room.[/quote']

LMAO! I guess, but I doubt he would tap unless Arianny and Gina Carano were talking dirty to each other in front of him during round 4. That would make me tap... and then I would have to go tap again!

LMAO! I guess' date=' but I doubt he would tap unless Arianny and Gina Carano were talking dirty to each other in front of him during round 4. That would make me tap... and then I would have to go tap again![/quote']

I guess you didn't read the part about an asian prostidude, who could turn down an asian prostiDUDE who is probably expensive as shat.

Rashad seems like the kind of person that would have an asian prostidude come to his hotel when his wife decides not to come to one of his fights.

LOL Rampage I could see ordering him the Prosidude after whooping his ****. I mean... Rashad will KO Rampage with one punch if they ever fight :rolleyes:

Being specific is better. It gives an analysis of what and how the general community believes he will pull it off. I cannot believe thought that I am the only one that said UD............................ very surprised by this. Although SUB is strong too because Machida can do nasty things on the ground if he is in mount or side control.

Alright here we go.

Rashad is obviously the stronger fighter and I believe the stronger wrestler. I think rounds one and two Rashad will stand and trade(conservitivly) trying to find a hole in his game and throwing a bomb every once in a while just to see if it will land. Rashad knows that Machida will not come out aggressive and therefore will have little to worry about early in the fight. I also think that Rashad will rock Machida.

Round 3 Rashad will go to his bread and butter in his wrestling. We havent seen much of Machida on his back(not that I can remember). Rashad will get the takedown and stay on top for a good portion of the third round. About three minutes in I believe that he will get excited, overaggressive. Over confident in his ability to hold Machida down. This is where he messes up. He tries passing to side control, gets his leg hooked and trapped in side control, gets swept and Machida finishes with an arm triangle.

Long winded I know. LOL

Alright here we go.

Rashad is obviously the stronger fighter and I believe the stronger wrestler. I think rounds one and two Rashad will stand and trade(conservitivly) trying to find a hole in his game and throwing a bomb every once in a while just to see if it will land. Rashad knows that Machida will not come out aggressive and therefore will have little to worry about early in the fight. I also think that Rashad will rock Machida.

Round 3 Rashad will go to his bread and butter in his wrestling. We havent seen much of Machida on his back(not that I can remember). Rashad will get the takedown and stay on top for a good portion of the third round. About three minutes in I believe that he will get excited' date=' overaggressive. Over confident in his ability to hold Machida down. This is where he messes up. He tries passing to side control, gets his leg hooked and trapped in side control, gets swept and Machida finishes with an arm triangle.

Long winded I know. LOL[/quote']

Rashad had a tough time with Tito when he fought and Tito couldnt get Machida down. i dont see Rashad trying a takedown. i dont even see this going to the ground unless one fighter drops the other.

Rashad had a tough time with Tito when he fought and Tito couldnt get Machida down. i dont see Rashad trying a takedown. i dont even see this going to the ground unless one fighter drops the other.

I think a right hand and a takedown is the only chance Rashad has in this fight.

Well said. If Tito was getting the better of Rashad in the wrestling game, and Machida got the better of Tito on the ground and in the wrestling game, then why would Rashad easily take down Machida? Like I said Sumo will play a big part in Machidas sick game plans for this fight.

Rashads chance is countering when Machida goes in for a mid or low kick. If he connects he can put Machida down on his back or out, or at least give him the round. If Machida connects though with a solid kick, Rashads chin will also be tested thoroughly. Machida will not be on the ground unless Rashad mixes it up and some how gets on the inside, but even then Machida has a solid clinch and works very strongly from it.

I just cannot see Rashad winning this fight unless he KOs Machida.

Well said. If Tito was getting the better of Rashad in the wrestling game' date=' and Machida got the better of Tito on the ground and in the wrestling game, then why would Rashad easily take down Machida? Like I said Sumo will play a big part in Machidas sick game plans for this fight.

Rashads chance is countering when Machida goes in for a mid or low kick. If he connects he can put Machida down on his back or out, or at least give him the round. If Machida connects though with a solid kick, Rashads chin will also be tested thoroughly. Machida will not be on the ground unless Rashad mixes it up and some how gets on the inside, but even then Machida has a solid clinch and works very strongly from it.

I just cannot see Rashad winning this fight unless he KOs Machida.[/quote']

I can see a UD for Rashad.

well' date=' i love hearing peoples reasoning behind there decisions. allows u to understand what all they are taking into account, so i will ask.

why?[/quote']

I picked Machida by UD. Why? Because Machida never loses, and he wins most of his fights by decision.

Next.

i think u are underestimating how fast Rashad is and his striking ability.

Im not. I think Rashad is a solid striker, but I dont think his skills in striking are even similar to Machidas. He may be faster but if so it wont be by much. Plus Machida is hard for anyone to catch. If Rashad does catch him though, power is on his side.

Im not. I think Rashad is a solid striker' date=' but I dont think his skills in striking are even similar to Machidas. He may be faster but if so it wont be by much. Plus Machida is hard for anyone to catch. If Rashad does catch him though, power is on his side.[/quote']

exactly. i am not saying anything WILL happen. never know. i am just saying that people shouldnt be so certain of their picks.

Hey guys,

I think Machida's going to stall and land the hits he has to, he's got more experience too so I think this also work in his favor.

Rashad can only win if he manages a KO which isn't impossible but unlikely, but Jackson's camp has come up with good gameplans before and his training on striking keeps getting better and better.

In the end I believe that if Evans doesn't get carried away and can put his gameplan to work...

Then I think he's got a shot.

Who picked Machida by KO?

Machida's recent record picked Machida by KO.

You may remember that Machida KO'd his last 2 opponents, and they were big strikers. Not as fast or wily perhaps as Rashad, (although you could argue about T. Silva.) Having said that, T. Silva did not look like himself in that fight. Like he overtrained, or they slipped something in his water. But Sokedju got flattened.

I know I can't wait to see that 0 go, though!

Didn't think Rampage deserved another title shot after that lackluster performance against Jardine. If KJ had not gotten a little careless in the last few seconds that could have been his win. So 'page will have to wait until the real #1 contender gets his chance.

PS Condolences for Lewis' family and friends. No man knows the day, nor the hour. Hope he didn't have all his treasure in Ferrari's and T-shirts.

Machida's recent record picked Machida by KO.

You may remember that Machida KO'd his last 2 opponents' date=' and they were big strikers. Not as fast or wily perhaps as Rashad, (although you could argue about T. Silva.) Having said that, T. Silva did not look like himself in that fight. Like he overtrained, or they slipped something in his water. But Sokedju got flattened.

I know I can't wait to see that 0 go, though!

Didn't think Rampage deserved another title shot after that lackluster performance against Jardine. If KJ had not gotten a little careless in the last few seconds that could have been his win. So 'page will have to wait until the real #1 contender gets his chance.

PS Condolences for Lewis' family and friends. No man knows the day, nor the hour. Hope he didn't have all his treasure in Ferrari's and T-shirts.[/quote']

You may remember wrong. Thiago Silva is the only person Machida has KO'D since 2006.

Rashad could win by trying to play extremely defensive. It would be the most boring fight ever but it could get him a w and keep his title. I still think Lyoto will be more evasive and counter better, I guess thats why I picked him by decision. Maybe he can finish Rashad, that would be a nice exclamation point.

I picked Machida by UD. Why? Because Machida never loses' date=' and he wins most of his fights by decision.

Next.[/quote']

This is a tough fight to call so I can't argue your choice. The "why" part has me perplexed though. He doesn't lose, ok. When, exactly, does Rashad lose?

You are telling me. I mean some of these guys arent Bandwagoners' date=' but you know there is a couple votes that were at one time saying "Machida SUXZORZ!"[/quote']

A couple? I remember everyone saying that Machida sucks. All he knows how to do is run. Theres no reason he should hold the title. Blah blah blah. Its rediculous. Ive said it plenty of times before. I dont like to watch him fight but there is no denying that he is one of the best if not the best. He will be champ. We know that. I just dont like to watch. lol

i love watching machida fight. i get more excited watching machida fight then maybe any other fighter besides anderson silva. i predicted a machida KO in his last fight.... and i predicted the machida bandwagon to occur... i predict a machida win and the machida bandwagon to GRow.

i love watching machida fight. i get more excited watching machida fight then maybe any other fighter besides anderson silva. i predicted a machida KO in his last fight.... and i predicted the machida bandwagon to occur... i predict a machida win and the machida bandwagon to GRow.

LOL! like Gs tent when he sees me Brew :D

Anyways... I agree with GH. I loooove to watch Machida fight. He just embarrasses people so much that it is really an amazing spectacle to watch. It is sort of like art IMO. He has excellent speed and delivers hard and fast, in and out, to win his matches. I think that is one of the greatest strategies used today. Just my opinion though...

Ok... What does Rashad have that is so great? Everyone says how great a wrestler he is... That is a load of bull... He amassed like a 48-41 record (not sure exact #'s) and was mediocre at best!!! He hit Chuck hard and has gotten lucky calls by ref's (ie. fight vs. Forrest) for stoppages/TKO's... He is a joke that does nothing but talk crap then kisses his hand and grabs his nuts. He has no respect for anyone and I have ZERO respect for him

Ok... What does Rashad have that is so great? Everyone says how great a wrestler he is... That is a load of bull... He amassed like a 48-41 record (not sure exact #'s) and was mediocre at best!!! He hit Chuck hard and has gotten lucky calls by ref's (ie. fight vs. Forrest) for stoppages/TKO's... He is a joke that does nothing but talk crap then kisses his hand and grabs his nuts. He has no respect for anyone and I have ZERO respect for him

Then you really are a meatsac. And the floppy bit just above said sac.

Rashad hits with concussive power. In his hands and his feet. He is fast, and puts together good game plans. He has a good wrestling base, and works with one of the best camps in the world.

Will he beat Machida? I dont know. But is he garbage like you said? Absolutely not.

Archived