UFC 97 Redemption looks like a sweet card.

Mars1406050372

I'm really excited for the UFC 97 card. Ironically, the Spider Silva fight which is the main event has the least appeal to me other than to see if Silva returns to form and dominates at Middleweight (after the strange Cote fight). However, the rest of the card is stacked with good match ups and entertaining fighters. In particular Chuck vs. Shogun, Cane vs. Cantwell, and Kongo vs. Hardonk... I'm also really hoping to see the return of the old "Crow" we used to know with devastating elbows and body kicks.

Anybody else excited about this card, or is everybody just looking forward to the title fights coming up?

I'm really excited for the UFC 97 card. Ironically' date=' the Spider Silva fight which is the main event has the least appeal to me other than to see if Silva returns to form and dominates at Middleweight (after the strange Cote fight). However, the rest of the card is stacked with good match ups and entertaining fighters. In particular Chuck vs. Shogun, Cane vs. Cantwell, and Kongo vs. Hardonk... I'm also really hoping to see the return of the old "Crow" we used to know with devastating elbows and body kicks.

Anybody else excited about this card, or is everybody just looking forward to the title fights coming up?[/quote']

I can't wait for UFC 97!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! could be one of the best cards of the year

I am very excited for this card I can't wait to see "The Ice man" Chuck Liddell perform that man performs wonders whenever he fights. =) but yeah I totally agree with you as far as the "The Spider" Silva I ain't really excited about that one but this is going to be one hell of a night.

I know that Silva is most likely going to win but think about it, if he was to loose anytime soon, it will be at 97. He knows the pressure is on him to make a good fight because of the BS from the Cote fight. I can deffinitally see him pressing to much and maybe making a mistake, and with Leites's BJJ that could be a problem....I hope he looses because although I love him as a fighter, I think he needs a loss to get motivated again........I can only dream of the fights at middleweight we could see if he looses!!!!

Doesn't anyone find it ironic that there's a Canadian for every prelim bout and absolutely none in the main card?

I admit though' date=' the card looks pretty solid. I think 98 looks better though.[/quote']

Kryzstof? Canadian?... I am pretty sure he is on the main card isnt he? This card kicks bottoms.

Doesn't anyone find it ironic that there's a Canadian for every prelim bout and absolutely none in the main card?

I admit though' date=' the card looks pretty solid. I think 98 looks better though.[/quote']

I'm with ya on 98. I think that card is sweeeet. Better main event (i love spidey, but he's gonna just kill leites), and I can't wait to see Serra beat hughes (i recently just watched something where huges said "why would i wanna fight in canada", another reason to dislike him).

Archived