When will UFC catch up?

Mr_Omo_Plata

When I watch the Japanese productions DREAM and Pride before that, one thing stands out far and above the UFC. The pre-fight intros and videos are awesome as well as the between fight graphics, even just the pictures of the fighters and their stats are great. The UFC did recently introduce their new graphics with the fighter pictures, but that isn't enough. I think they could definitely do a better job at pumping up the event than the sometimes boring preview by Rogan. You already know everything Rogan is talking about so it doesn't add any excitement. I think they could do a much better job just to add to the production side. The fights can speak for themselves.

Pride has the sickest intro song and music. It is really spiritual like, and very entertaining IMO. I was thinking of this for awhile. Does anyone remember the cool Orbs/balloons that the guys face was on and talked to people? That was different. Prides Preshow is 1000X better then the UFCs. But the UFC has better marketing so that is why it is still around.

the fights are what its all about but i don't think it would do the UFC any harm to liven the shows up a bit. some pyrotechniques (thats definatly spelt wrong lol) and intro videos music etc. i've only seen a few pride shows, but they seemed much more lively, although i hated the MC at it. he was way to over the top. bruce buffer rules. also the ocatagon girls garments are a litle larger than they need to be imo, hot pants realy whats wrong with dental floss thongs like in the good old days.

dream has nice production value. UFC has it's own thing though. they are better to do the "no pyro" thing. It makes it seem more legit, and it appeals to the right demographic. ECW used to do the "no pyro" thing and people felt it was more real than WWE despite both being fake. I think it's important to keep the tradition of the sh***ier ways to not look like you're selling out. The promo vids aren't bad anyways. Bruce Buffer sucks so much it's actually entertaining and I do think they need a new announce team but I still watch so maybe they're doing more right than wrong. If Dream was on at a better time and had the calibre of fighters throughout their cards that UFC has, although they are close sometimes, I would certainly prefer them, but oh well. they won't improve until they have to.

Please no productions...the fights are where its at. I would get so turned-off by it...makes it look so fake/setup. People go there for the fights not some makeup play. If I want to watch some staged stuff, I would go to a concert or even a damn Broadway show!

Japanese organizations are run like "pro wrestling" organizations... I think UFC does a good enough job. Especially now with hype shows before events and what not. Fighters have entrance songs. They don't need to come out on a stage and bow to everyone before the event starts. And we don't need a grand pyro display

watched Dream Saturday evening with some friends ( som casual UFC fans and some die hard MMA fans), the event started at 9pm but I was tivoing it so we started watching at 9:30 ish... and everyone wanted me to fast forward the intros straight to the fights. We did that for every fight.

I watch MMA for the fights not for the pageantry...

watched dream saturday evening with some friends ( som casual ufc fans and some die hard mma fans)' date=' the event started at 9pm but i was tivoing it so we started watching at 9:30 ish... And everyone wanted me to fast forward the intros straight to the fights. We did that for every fight.

I watch mma for the fights not for the pageantry...[/quote']

exactly!!!

I think similar to the tattoo thread, it is all about personal taste.

I think the UFC has it perfect (minus Goldie's lovestruck stare into Joe's eyes!).

I on the other hand hated Afflictions production, but imagine some people preferred it.

But the main thing at the end of the day is the fights are (mostly) fantastic and we get to see what we want to see. Thats all that matters at the end of the day, and I'll watch any organisation that gives me what I want.

Just my opinion, I'm sure other people have theirs.

I think similar to the tattoo thread' date=' it is all about personal taste.

[b']I think the UFC has it perfect (minus Goldie's lovestruck stare into Joe's eyes!). [/b]

I on the other hand hated Afflictions production, but imagine some people preferred it.

But the main thing at the end of the day is the fights are (mostly) fantastic and we get to see what we want to see. Thats all that matters at the end of the day, and I'll watch any organisation that gives me what I want.

Just my opinion, I'm sure other people have theirs.

the Goldie comment made me LOL

Archived