John fitch vs. Paulo thiago @ ufc 100

Ceelarence

if paulo thiago wins this then he should get a title shot... to face koscheck and fitch in your first two fights is incredible. however im not sold on thiago yet... i got fitch.

I do as well. I think Fitch wont allow this to go to the ground where Paulos strengths are. I also believe Fitch has the stand up and chin to withstand whatever Paulo dishes out.

If Fitch wins he better get a NUMERO UNO contendership.. Or i will be upset.

I do as well. I think Fitch wont allow this to go to the ground where Paulos strengths are. I also believe Fitch has the stand up and chin to withstand whatever Paulo dishes out.

If Fitch wins he better get a NUMERO UNO contendership.. Or i will be upset.

Fitch FTW.

well thats where we differ... i think its too soon for him to get a rematch at gsp. if fitch wins then i think he needs another great win or needs to fight a young gun like AJ johnson or kampmann or hazelett... these are guys that i see as the future of the division that havent gotten title chances but will soon...

well thats where we differ... i think its too soon for him to get a rematch at gsp. if fitch wins then i think he needs another great win or needs to fight a young gun like AJ johnson or kampmann or hazelett... these are guys that i see as the future of the division that havent gotten title chances but will soon...

I actually prefer quick rematches, especially if the fight was close. I'd rather see two top guys go at it then the champ beat a can just cuz he already fought the number two guy. Of course, I don't think this particular outcome would change, just making my point on rematches.

oh, and I think Kampmann is an up and comer

People might find this hard to believe but I agree with ashka :)

I also happen to agree with iwish that a Fitch W should get him a title shot. This is a good fight.

YOU AGREE WITH HER!? REALLY!? nah im just playin

Lol anyways though. Fitch is still number 2 in the world, so I dont see why a couple wins wouldnt push him up there. Besides I believe he could destroy Johnson and probably Kampmann too... Fitch goes to work on everyone but GSP... its sad that they are in the same class.

By the way by destroy I mean defeat via UD vs Kampmann ;)

i think johnson poses a bigger threat to fitch then kampmann' date=' yes he doesnt have the jits but he has wrestling and KO power... more ko power than kampmann. unless your gsp i think the only way you beat fitch is by nasty KO.[/quote']

I agree. Fitch though does have a chin similar to BJs... you can hit it 10000 times and it still gets up and comes after you. Also, I dont think AJ is ready for some of the bigger and tougher guys in the division yet. I mean he is destroying the lower end and middle end guys of the UFC like nothing but I dont think the elite 3 he stands a solid chance against just yet. By the elite 3 I mean GSP, Alves, and Fitch. Some say Kos too but I dont think Kos has matured enough all around to be up there.

no. Fitch maybe' date=' for Paulo? no.

Fitch will take this easily.[/quote']

I believe so too, but then again Paulo has just surprised and shocked the world once. Then again though I believe Fitch is a lot more rounded then Koscheck. If Paulo won though he would definitely be a top 6 or 7 easily in the world. That is two top 5ers in a row, and one has already been in a dominating fashion.

I think if Swick beats Saunders then he should get the title shot, because the UFC has already thrown swick's name in the title discussion. The UFC reportedly mentioned that if BJ would have beat GSP at UFC 94 then it would have been swick vs. alves for the number one contender fight. so i think Swick deserves it more

I think if Swick beats Saunders then he should get the title shot' date=' because the UFC has already thrown swick's name in the title discussion. The UFC reportedly mentioned that if BJ would have beat GSP at UFC 94 then it would have been swick vs. alves for the number one contender fight. so i think Swick deserves it more[/quote']

I agree Swick should definitely be up there too, but a lot of people disagree with me on this. He was beating a lot of MWs and in pretty dominating fashion until Yushin Okami came along. Yushin is a monster strong man though, and for that he won that contest pretty easily. That is also when I found out Yushin may have a dangerous guard as well, considering he was using rubberguard and which completely prevented Swick from doing anything at the end of the fight.

I think Swick should beat Saunders then be thrown into the shark tank against the winner of Paulo/Fitch. Not only would this be a solid match, but it would definitely give us a worthy Number 1 Contender IMO. What do you guys think? Yes I do know that Swick and Fitch are buddies, but I mean Dana has to step in and say something about 3 top 10 guys in 1 division who are all on the same team.

And he's finally on the main card this time!

Fitch is a smart fighter. He knows about Thiago's KO power after watching Koscheck. I can't see him losing this, but I also can't see this fight shooting up to the #1 contender spot either. Maybe one more fight for Fitch. He definitely is deserving of a second shot though.

Archived