fav fight...?

3LeafClover87

i know everyone says it but, no one has said it in this forum yet so i will... i would love to see fedor vs brock.... it will happen aswell at some point. fedor doesnt care where he fights as long as he fights, if ufc made him an offer their is no doubt it my mind he would take it.

another fight would be GSP vs anderson silva, i wouldnt put it past GSP to win it aswell...

Griffin vs Sherk - was an amazing technical boxing match that I loved

Griffin vs Rampage - Forrest was so relaxed and fun to be around in TUF, until Rampage went on about how their fight wasnt going to a decision, and how he was so confident he would beat him. Once Griffin walked calmly into that room and freaked out I knew it was on, and he was motivated as hell. I also loved how he didnt trash talk at all and just said he was gonna train as best he could and do as much as he was able to....then went on to pick him apart like he did

Couture vs Gonzaga - My first pay-per-view I ever got when I started watching UFC, and that fight sold me as soon as I seem it. Older, smaller, fan favourite who actually finished the fight with a broken arm, completly demolished the younger, massive beast of a fighter....it was like a movie

I would love to see Evans VS Rampage now. I think after seeing Rampage be so professional in the face of Evans as he was being so ****y saying he was gonna let him throw the first punch and he was gonna KTFO him. I dont usually like Rampage because his ****y attitude but this time I will be hoping and praying to see him stomp Evans, so the fight better happen

One of my top fights was T.Silva/Machida. Why you ask? Because I believe everyone was at one point saying Machida was going to die/get KOd/SUBd in seconds... and it turned out to be T.Silva stiff as a board at the end of round one. I thought that was a IN YO FACE moment. I also won money at this point so I had a big smile on my face :)

A couple fights I loved... Since I am guessing we are saying UFC only, would be Edgar/Griffin, Griffin/Guida, Karo/Diego, Fitch/GSP because Fitch just wouldnt die, Hughes/Triggs 2 I believe when he reversed that rear naked (I think that was Triggs, or maybe Newton?), GSP/BJ 1, Sherk/Franca, Diaz/Diego, Crow/Franklin (one of my favourite PPVs as well) Thats all that is coming to mind right now. Maybe some later...

Ill save other Orgs for another session lol.

My favorite fight was probably Rampage vs Forrest. That fight could have gone either way. Rampage showed so much heart coming back after his leg was messed up and Forrest's game plan was genius. That fight was a war and I'd love to see a rematch because I like both of them. My second favorite fight was when Don Frye fought that asian guy lol. It looked like a scene from rocky. No blocking at all just straight haymakers and hooks to the face.

Forrest Griffin vs. Mauricio Rua

Everyone except Randy Couture thought Forrest was going to get murdered.

Fedor vs. Nogueira I

Fedor shocked the world. Not just beating Nogueira but doing it from inside Nogueira's guard. Nobody could believe it.

There are loads and loads that I love' date=' but one that just came to mind was Karo vs Diego. Thats was awesome.[/quote']

I completely agree.

Another one of my favorites that hasnt been mentioned yet is Forrest vs. Bonnar. Both of these guys came out swinging and didnt stop until it was over.

This is the RNC reverse to RNC for the win right? If so' date=' this match is awesomely exciting. Its either him or Newton.... But I am pretty sure Newton put him to sleep then KOd him... anyways it was this way or the opposite.[/quote']

Trigg/ Hughes II was where Hughes got the hell kicked out of his nuts and he was trying to get the Ref to stop the action for a break and Trigg jumped all over him and almost Tko'd him and then Hughes turned everything around and over the rest of the fight slammed him a little and then RNC him, both of hughes wins over trigg were by RNC.

Trigg/ Hughes II was where Hughes got the hell kicked out of his nuts and he was trying to get the Ref to stop the action for a break and Trigg jumped all over him and almost Tko'd him and then Hughes turned everything around and over the rest of the fight slammed him a little and then RNC him' date=' both of hughes wins over trigg were by RNC.[/quote']

Yeah I know both are RNC, but I always get him and Newton mixed up. I just remember that Trigg was reversed and then tossed, then was RNCd... it was sick. Newton was the one that put him to sleep though and then was knocked out in the process. I remember now that I checked it out. Needed to refresh my old mans memory LOL

Yeah I know both are RNC' date=' but I always get him and Newton mixed up. I just remember that Trigg was reversed and then tossed, then was RNCd... it was sick. Newton was the one that put him to sleep though and then was knocked out in the process. I remember now that I checked it out. Needed to refresh my old mans memory LOL[/quote']

I have to sleep like an old man, got to get up in like 6 hours which is better then I usually sleep.

So many matchups! here are some fights I think would be fun to watch

BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian BJ

Thiago Alves vs BJ Penn Alves easily

Kendall Grove vs Yushin Okami Yushin UD

Brandon Vera vs Jon Jones Battle of the stamina(less)

Frank Mir vs Fedor Emelianenko Fedor by pure intimidation.

There ya go.

LOL Fedor/Mir would be hilarious to watch. Fedor would nuke Mir into hell.

You know I want so badly to argue this and say that Mir has a legitimate shot at beating Fedor but you guys would torch me and I don't have a fire extinguisher. So...

...yup, Fedor ftw by nuclear power :)

You know I want so badly to argue this and say that Mir has a legitimate shot at beating Fedor but you guys would torch me and I don't have a fire extinguisher. So...

...yup' date=' Fedor ftw by nuclear power :)[/quote']

Mir could definitely beat Fedor. He would just have to make sure that Fedor had a deadly Staph before the fight and was having very bad injuries as well. Then Mir would have to train extremely hard so that he could dodge the remaining energy that Fedor had, then come in and pummel his face for the next 4 rounds, and he would win. Its a likely scenario............ ;)

I completely agree. Kenny has been plowing through the competition. He tapped out Stevenson like he was just coming out of TUF.

jbyrd

http://www.growhuge.com

Funny you should say that. Joe hasnt done anything since the show to improve so I think what you are saying is actually what happened

Wrong again peach fuzz.

Sean Sherk will be the champ.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Sherk is past his prime' date=' its gonna be all downhill from here on. He was a great fighter but now I think he is just a good fighter. This time next year people will be talking about him like they are talking about Couture. A stepping stone to up and comers[/b']

Man' date=' if BJ couldnt handle GSP's size, he would die against an almost 200 lbs fight weight Alves. Also Mir would wish he was getting hit by that truck again instead of fighting Fedor if they fought....bad choice lol[/quote']

I dont think you got my first post, I was saying they would be fun to watch not some epic battle

Sorry to burst your bubble but Sherk is past his prime' date=' its gonna be all downhill from here on. He was a great fighter but now I think he is just a good fighter. This time next year people will be talking about him like they are talking about Couture. A stepping stone to up and comers[/b']

No. He just beat one of the best up and comers, and is about to beat another (Edgar). So how the hell is he going down hill to never return? He could also be getting another title shot after this win, or his next. Who is going to beat him besides maybe Florian or BJ? Diegos recent performance was horrible, and he was healthy for it too. He had little to no excuse that he couldnt finish Joe Daddy like the others did.

I honestly dont know how you came to your conclusion...

Sherk is 10+ years younger than Randy, his last fight was a win over a pretty good Tyson Griffin, and the losses he does have in his last 5 or so fights were vs. GSP and BJ, both ranked #1 in their respective divisions. I wouldn't put Sherk out to pasture just yet.

again, much can happen in one year. All it really takes is one clear cut loss to a guy that everyone thinks he should have beat then before you know it four or five guys cut in line to the belt and most people will start to wonder if he should try out another organization

again' date=' much can happen in one year. All it really takes is one clear cut loss to a guy that everyone thinks he should have beat then before you know it four or five guys cut in line to the belt and most people will start to wonder if he should try out another organization[/quote']

No offense but in Sherks roughly 40 matches, he lost against the top guy EVERY TIME or he was the top guy and lost to the NEXT IN LINE. Now he is schooling the new guys, and has already beaten the next guy to try out BJ, which is KenFlo.

Sherk would have to lose his next 4 fights before the UFC would then have to put him on the undercard. Then he would have to lose 2 more in a row before the UFC would cut him. In all seriousness I dont know what you are talking about. Name 5 guys that could "Cut" in front of him and make him look like a nobody... please name them I need to hear the guys the UFC has that I dont know.

again' date=' much can happen in one year. All it really takes is one clear cut loss to a guy that everyone thinks he should have beat then before you know it four or five guys cut in line to the belt and most people will start to wonder if he should try out another organization[/quote']

A year can be a long time to 35+ year old fighter with 30+ fights. Conditioning isn't an issue for Sherk though and that can be a big factor in longevity. We'll see what happens but I honestly don't see him going away any time soon.

A year can be a long time to 35+ year old fighter with 30+ fights. Conditioning isn't an issue for Sherk though and that can be a big factor in longevity. We'll see what happens but I honestly don't see him going away any time soon.

Maybe 5 years... I could see him leaving then. Or maybe when his contract is up he retires, but that is all the possibilities I am seeing at this current time.

Griffin and Bonnar

Scott Smith and Pete Sell TUF 4 finale

Paul Taylor vs. Paul Kelly

Joe Stevenson vs. Luke Cummo

I agree with Griffin vs. Bonnar and Scott Smith vs. Pete Sell. I haven't seen the other two fights. Another great fight I remember was Chris Lytle vs. Paul Taylor, intense stand up battle. Pretty much any fight Lytle has been in lately has been interesting. Davis vs. Lytle was good too.

Sherk would have to lose his next 4 fights before the UFC would then have to put him on the undercard. Then he would have to lose 2 more in a row before the UFC would cut him. In all seriousness I dont know what you are talking about. Name 5 guys that could "Cut" in front of him and make him look like a nobody... please name them I need to hear the guys the UFC has that I dont know.

4 fights? come on you gotta be kidding me the UFC does not love anyone that much especially Sherk! And though he might not be an undercard or get cut which I never said I would not be surprised if he fell pretty far back. I'm no expert and I don't claim to be but the hardest thing to beat in mma is time... and maybe Vaseline sorry had to get that in there!

4 fights? come on you gotta be kidding me the UFC does not love anyone that much especially Sherk! And though he might not be an undercard or get cut which I never said I would not be surprised if he fell pretty far back. I'm no expert and I don't claim to be but the hardest thing to beat in mma is time... and maybe Vaseline sorry had to get that in there!

He is basically #1 about to get another title shot. So say he wins this and loses against the champ, he would then lose three in a row, and even then I bet the UFC would be skeptical on releasing him at that point. Look at Chuck... Lost 3 of last 4. Joe Daddy is in the same boat. Just saying it is pretty damn unlikely he is going anywhere for awhile.

Archived