Hell's Kitchen & Kitchen Nightmares

TONGO

Chef Gordon Ramsey.

gordon.jpg

If you hate people that are abusive then you dont watch these two shows. Hells Kitchen is an outright hazing (like a frat house), but at the end one person gets a $250k a year job running an exclusive restaurant. Kitchen Nightmares is a more reality based show where Ramsey goes into a failing restaurant thats on its butt, and turns it around.

article-1133317-034283B5000005DC-481_468x286.jpg

This season of HK is the best one so far. Easily the best group of cooks and absolutely hilarious bickering. Robert the fat chef is a howl, Lacey is a jawdropping display of laziness, and whine. Andrea and Carol are two talented chefs that despise each other. Danny is an arrogant Brad Pitt lookalike, and there are more yet that havent been voted off. Anyone else watch it? Lets share! LOL!

hk-1.jpg

Chef Gordon Ramsey.

gordon.jpg

If you hate people that are abusive then you dont watch these two shows. Hells Kitchen is an outright hazing (like a frat house)' date=' but at the end one person gets a $250k a year job running an exclusive restaurant. Kitchen Nightmares is a more reality based show where Ramsey goes into a failing restaurant thats on its butt, and turns it around.

[img']http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/02/01/article-1133317-034283B5000005DC-481_468x286.jpg[/img]

This season of HK is the best one so far. Easily the best group of cooks and absolutely hilarious bickering. Robert the fat chef is a howl, Lacey is a jawdropping display of laziness, and whine. Andrea and Carol are two talented chefs that despise each other. Danny is an arrogant Brad Pitt lookalike, and there are more yet that havent been voted off. Anyone else watch it? Lets share! LOL!

hk-1.jpg

Mon eh Ramsey. Both of those shows are belters!

Yeah, I watch Hell's Kitchen.

I actually quite enjoy him going off on the cooks. I won't call any of them chefs until they win. My mum was a cook and she could have slaughtered any of them that I've seen in the many seasons of Hell's Kitchen when she was 60....

I've not watched Kitchen Nightmares in fear that they'll show some restaurant that I enjoy eating at. I'd rather remain in the dark...LOL

Heres some links to the FOX website for each show.

Kitchen Nightmares

http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=nightmares

Hit the arrow in the bottom right, scroll to the last show offered, and watch the episode entitled Dillons. Easily the best episode of KR ever.

Hell's Kitchen

http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=hellskitchen

Just start from the beginning cause this seasons great overall.

• 1 year later...

I love both of the shows and have used quite a few of Ramsey's recipes and techniques in my own cooking. His whole life and story is pretty fascinating. He runs freaking marathons and triathlons for fun!

I first thought he was a bit over the top and borderline abusive but after watching his work for a few years now I realize there is a method to his madness. It is much like a boot camp and a test of the chefs composure under pressure. Plus his standards and work speak for themselves.

What is he up to 15 Michelin Stars now? For those that don't know that is like an official pound for pound chefs championship.

And what has happened to "The F Word"? That is another great one.

I love both of the shows and have used quite a few of Ramsey's recipes and techniques in my own cooking. His whole life and story is pretty fascinating. He runs freaking marathons and triathlons for fun!

I first thought he was a bit over the top and borderline abusive but after watching his work for a few years now I realize there is a method to his madness. It is much like a boot camp and a test of the chefs composure under pressure. Plus his standards and work speak for themselves.

What is he up to 15 Michelin Stars now? For those that don't know that is like an official pound for pound chefs championship.

And what has happened to "The F Word"? That is another great one.

Proper Chef's go Commando, you sir seem to know the score.

Gordon is the man. I love watching him ruin noobs in the kitchen.....hehe

I'm pretty sure he's going to have a brain aneurism some point in the near future though....

Nah, he's a very bright fellow is Gordon, when sh!te hits the fan proper bad, he'll take a back foot - I'm sure of that.....real hard work chefin', but ya know ya braking points and you listen to us body.

That would just prove that they are immature and unworthy of the job.

Cooking professionally is very stressful and you get **** all day every day. Crap from employees, crap from your boss, crap from your customers. If you cant handle it you dont deserve to be top notch.

That would just prove that they are immature and unworthy of the job.

Cooking professionally is very stressful and you get **** all day every day. Crap from employees' date=' crap from your boss, crap from your customers. If you cant handle it you dont deserve to be top notch.[/quote']

This man knows the score and sounds like you've had first-hand experience too. One of the most hardest / mind testing jobs you can do, proper chefin'. Not the half assed 8 hour a day jobby, try 15 hours a day - 6 feckin days a week. It's an exremely stressful and sometimes an excruciating gig, but end of the day a really rewarding job! And no people get killed either, apart from the odd customer. :P

This man knows the score and sounds like you've had first-hand experience too. One of the most hardest / mind testing jobs you can do' date=' proper chefin'. Not the half assed 8 hour a day jobby, try 15 hours a day - 6 feckin days a week. It's an exremely stressful and sometimes an excruciating gig, but end of the day a really rewarding job! And no people get killed either, apart from the odd customer. :P[/quote']

Yeah i worked through my first 2 years of college as a line cook in a mid level chain restaurant here. I started bussing though, that was even worse. One day I want to own my own restaurant but not until i have some other things i can count on going first. Theres just too many intangibles in the restaurant business for me to be comfortable betting the farm on it.

Yeah i worked through my first 2 years of college as a line cook in a mid level chain restaurant here. I started bussing though' date=' that was even worse. One day I want to own my own restaurant but not until i have some other things i can count on going first. Theres just too many intangibles in the restaurant business for me to be comfortable betting the farm on it.[/quote']

Cool, used to love being a line chef, 7/10 man cru on a mad 8am - 12am long days indeed but fun. Like you say, get all the ins 'n' outs sorted before you jump in with both feet. Me too, I'd love to open a little Italian restaurant some day. Been out for the last 9 months from a back inquirie though with another 4/5 months on top. It's gonna take more time than expected, find my feet, get it done.

All the best mate!

Archived