GSP = KTFO at UFC 100

MMA_Fan_Tyler

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alves has the ability to KO GSP, but do i see it happening? no. GSP is tons better since the first Serra fight and imho i think he improved greatly from the Fitch fight to the Penn fight. he is constantly getting better at his disciplines. i like GSP, but i wont say i am a HUGE fan, but he truly is the most rounded fighter in the sport to date.

GSP by 3rd round tko.... OR GSP by 2nd round sub lol.

GSP will take down alves at will and destroy him wherever the fight goes anyway. the myth of his lack of a chin is overstated and completely untrue. BJ couldn't get the stoppage in their first fight, fitch hit him with a couple decent ones and I think I've never seen him in trouble from a strike other than the Serra punch, which was 100% clearly in the back of the head. I think it remains to be seen whether a good striker like Alves can even end a fight with georges with one punch and if he doesn't he won't win a decision. I would bet on Alves not landing anything significant and being dominated thoroughly because I don't think he's better than fitch or Penn. It's easy to see someone getting KTFO because the guy you think can do it looks good against other guys but don't bet on it. Nobody looks good against georges. better men than Alves have been dismissed and although he appears to have a puncher's chance he really doesn't have alot going for him in this fight.

are u kidding me i put all my money on gsp for this one.

i did the same thing with the fight of bj penn and gsp i realy dont understand why the ufc have made this happen it was clearly a bad match up and bj gas out after the first round ....

i dont care if the fight with gsp and bj penn happen again it just easy $$ for me and gsp hahahah.

Alves has the ability to KO GSP' date=' but do i see it happening? no. GSP is tons better since the first Serra fight and imho i think he improved greatly from the Fitch fight to the Penn fight. he is constantly getting better at his disciplines. i like GSP, but i wont say i am a HUGE fan, but he truly is the most rounded fighter in the sport to date.

GSP by 3rd round tko.... OR {{"GSP BY 2ND ROUND SUB lol."}}[/quote'] QUOTE ON QUOTE "GSP BY 2ND ROUND SUB"

Does anyone have any info on Alves' BJJ?

QUOTE ON QUOTE "GSP BY 2ND ROUND SUB"

Does anyone have any info on Alves' BJJ?

I do, its trash. He does not have solid BJJ defense or offense, especially not the level of GSPs. I think GSP will be taking him down and passing his guard quickly and effectively by late in the first round. The second round I am picturing a SUB by GSP. If Alves for some reason stays alive and can defend all the SUBs of GSP, then I am saying he will be TKOd in the 3rd or early 4th. I just cannot see Alves ground work being all that impressive because it usually only is off the top, and he wont be on top during this fight.

GSP will definitly dictate the place and pace of this fight if Thiago hits him hard down they will go and no Alves will not KO GSP, he will be to fast and just as strong, and one of Alves's main weapon is kicks...is he going to risk a takedown?

How is Florian a P4P best what do you all see in him? In his weight class BJ' date=' Diego, and Sherk can all beat him 2 of them already have and CAN do it again. To be the best P4P at least be at the top of your weightclass not 4th or 5th[/quote']

Diego beat him when he was a lot bigger. I dont think Diego has the skills to beat the new KenFlo. Give him a couple weeks with GSP and I think it is a sealed deal.

GSP will definitly dictate the place and pace of this fight if Thiago hits him hard down they will go and no Alves will not KO GSP' date=' he will be to fast and just as strong, and one of Alves's main weapon is kicks...is he going to risk a takedown?[/quote']

You really think Alves does not know about GSP's "OLYMPIC MATERIAL" wrestling?

^ Correct me if Im wrong. What I'm saying is even though Alves has some good and brutal leg kicks, he will NOT throw a kick because odds are (and he knows it) he will get taken down and beaten to a pulp. IMO by me taking Alves over GSP does not mean I, for 1 second, think GSP can't

beat the dookie out of Alves. I just like betting against the odds. ;)

Alves is a dangerous fighter for GSP. He's young and big for a welter. I think he'll probably come out hard and fast - try to bombard and back GSP up with some big overhands - if one connects and he follows up with a knee...that could be the end BUT it has to happen early. GSP on the other hand shouldn't take Alves lightly. He has to take Alves down early and stay on him. The longer the fight goes the more trouble Alves will have trying to fill his larger muscles with O2. I call a late third round stoppage GSP.

A BB in BJJ doesn't mean much these days. Kang has a BB and got tapped by a purple while he was kicking Belchers' ****.

I personally think Montreal has a weak BJJ contingent - so unless they are flying down to Brazil (which some guys like GSP are but I know Kang didn't) the BB soon becomes a rusty BB.

Lets face it the only true BJJ BB that proves it's a real BB is Demian Maia.

false... demian maia has great BJJ... but really he's the only true BJJ BB?!?! get real... i cant wait for maias chin to get tested.

Ok chin is another thing, he probably has questionable cardio too, but I'm talking submissions - I can't think of anyone who is as slick. He's made the last few MMA fighters look like they were blue belts.

Get ready for a repeat of GSP vs Fitch because thats what this fight is gonna be like.

LOL! 5 Round Beatdown. Its not gonna happen like that.. I got Alves by KO 1st or 2nd or 3rd lol. He's gonna bring the heat to GSP come fight night. I just know it. I think GSP is gonna come out and look for a takedown almost instantly then get a knee to the face. IMO Alves is a BIG Welterwight, bigger than Georges. Georges MAY have some trouble trying to take him down successfully.

Palhares is good' date=' but he isnt Maia ya know what i mean. imo the only person that could contend with Maia on the ground in a MMA match at MW would be..... Jacare.[/quote']

Are we talking equal skill, or same weight class and equal skill. Maia is easily one of the best in the world at BJJ in his class. If Vinny was in the same class he would take it to Maia I think, and possibly win. Jacare has solid SUBs himself. He could give Maia a run for his money in straight up BJJ.

If Maia fights someone like Marquardt or Bisping though he will get tested severely. Hendo would also have an excellent chance of beating him.

By the way, Alves chin is not extremely solid. He can take a good shot sure, but GSP has just as good of a chance of KOing him as he does KOing GSP. GSPs kicks, knees, elbows and punches are hard, fast and heavy. GSP is the perfect fighting package, so Alves is definitely at the disadvantage in this fight. If Alves throws a kick at any point he is on his back. If Alves throws a sloppy combination, GSP will counter with his Jabs and shots. Alves will not be able to prevent GSPs takedowns, that is all there is to it. Alves BJJ is not even near the level of GSPs... Plus GSP will be in the dominant position, so I can see this being faster then expected.

Alves is going to die. Then he can get his rematch with Fitch and get pummelled again IMO.

Are we talking equal skill' date=' or same weight class and equal skill. Maia is easily one of the best in the world at BJJ in his class. If Vinny was in the same class he would take it to Maia I think, and possibly win. Jacare has solid SUBs himself. He could give Maia a run for his money in straight up BJJ.

If Maia fights someone like Marquardt or Bisping though he will get tested severely. Hendo would also have an excellent chance of beating him.

By the way, Alves chin is not extremely solid. He can take a good shot sure, but GSP has just as good of a chance of KOing him as he does KOing GSP. GSPs kicks, knees, elbows and punches are hard, fast and heavy. GSP is the perfect fighting package, so Alves is definitely at the disadvantage in this fight. If Alves throws a kick at any point he is on his back. If Alves throws a sloppy combination, GSP will counter with his Jabs and shots. Alves will not be able to prevent GSPs takedowns, that is all there is to it. Alves BJJ is not even near the level of GSPs... Plus GSP will be in the dominant position, so I can see this being faster then expected.

Alves is going to die. Then he can get his rematch with Fitch and get pummelled again IMO.[/quote']

Expect the Unexpected...

How is Florian a P4P best what do you all see in him? In his weight class BJ' date=' Diego, and Sherk can all beat him 2 of them already have and CAN do it again. To be the best P4P at least be at the top of your weightclass not 4th or 5th[/quote']

I'm with you here actually. There is a lot of love for KFlo, but he still doesn't look strong to me. I agree that the GSP makeover will do wonders, but I'm still not convinced.

As for the original question, GSP all the way. I think Alves is talented and definitely tough competition, but when they fight you will see how superior GSP is.

It's very possible...but after seeing how easily GSP dominated BJ, i don't think it will...also, i think GSP's boxing might be better than Alves'. The thing about Alves is overall, he's a great striker, but when it comes down to the hands he can get a little wild. Whereas GSP is a lil more technical with his, which he uses well to set up the takedowns. But then again, usually GSP is the bigger of the two fighters and against Alves who's just ****ing huge...it'lll be interesting to see how he deals with it...but still, I got GSP taking this one.

LOL! 5 Round Beatdown. Its not gonna happen like that.. I got Alves by KO 1st or 2nd or 3rd lol. He's gonna bring the heat to GSP come fight night. I just know it. I think GSP is gonna come out and look for a takedown almost instantly then get a knee to the face. IMO Alves is a BIG Welterwight' date=' bigger than Georges. Georges MAY have some trouble trying to take him down successfully.[/quote']

lol trouble taking him down, have you ever watched GSP :)?

It could happen Thiago from what i seen really tries to make guys pay for shooting on him. But i dont see GSP losing to him i watched Thiago fights everyone has been able to get him to the ground Paryisan and Hughes have took him down. The difference is he wont be able to get back up when George takes him down. George will be able to control him on the ground and keep him on his back. And Thiago is short to weigh 190 on fight night so GSP s game plan will be control and gas him for 2 rounds then punish and try n finish him in 3rd or 4th round. But if George was cheating which i dont think he was but if karma s gonna get him and he ll get knocked out

I see Thiago beating GSP like he stole something. GSP won't be the bigger fighter this time around, and his wrestling won't matter when he can't walk on his legs. Have you ever HEARD an Alves leg kick? Gunshots, my friends. It sounds like Compton on a friday night when that boy kicks.

GSP is not losing any time soon. Unless he makes a major (uncorrectable) mistake then he will NOT lose!

manutdfan: Anything that you say you see as a road block for GSP in Alves... GSP sees too. He doesn't just win fights because he's a big WelterWieght or because he's a great westler. He is an all around GREAT package as a fighter. He doesn't just look at your weaknesses, he also looks at your strengths and will use your strengths against you. He took BJ's strengths and came up with a game plan that would wear him down faster while neutralizing his ability to do anything but get beat on.

I to like Alves, but im not blind to the fact that GSP is on a different level of fighting right now.

Expect the Unexpected...

Alright I will' date=' now what is the unexpected so I can calculate that too into a fighting formula?

I see Thiago beating GSP like he stole something. GSP won't be the bigger fighter this time around, and his wrestling won't matter when he can't walk on his legs. Have you ever HEARD an Alves leg kick? Gunshots, my friends. It sounds like Compton on a friday night when that boy kicks.

Its funny you should say that. It is had to land a good strike on GSP because he is very fast. Also, saying Alves will even throw a leg kick is bad news all over it. He will be taken down the first time he tries that, and that round, plus a good portion of his face and cardio, will be lost.

I already stated that GSP has "OLYMPIC MATERIAL" wrestling ablilities. Only thing is' date=' Alves is the bigger man and has plenty of time to work on his takedown deffense.[/quote']

How is Alves bigger? Are you talking about the 200 pound Alves that didnt make weight against Hughes? That Alves? Yeah I dont think he will be showing up on fight night because he wont be fighting for a title if he does.

again u didnt see hughes and parisan take him down

If these guys can take him down a couple times, GSP will take him down nearly at will. If he even grabs a single he will take him down, a double and Alves will be slammed very hard.

I figured Id stop by for a while.

Im just sick of hearing everyone saying that Alves is his biggest test to date. Blah-F'ing- BLAH!

He is not his biggest test. Fitch was his biggest test. And will be again. Alves is going into a science fair against Sir Issac Newton. He doesnt have the brains or skills to beat GSP. The only one in that division that does is Fitch. He just needs to put ot all together. Alves is a payday. Not a champ

I figured Id stop by for a while.

Im just sick of hearing everyone saying that Alves is his biggest test to date. Blah-F'ing- BLAH!

He is not his biggest test. Fitch was his biggest test. And will be again. Alves is going into a science fair against Sir Issac Newton. He doesnt have the brains or skills to beat GSP. The only one in that division that does is Fitch. He just needs to put ot all together. Alves is a payday. Not a champ

... wow. I cannot agree more. I just... I have nothing to add. That is exactly how I feel. Good job :), we finally agree 100% again lol

Well its an easy topic for most. lol. Everyone but the haters that is ;)

This is true. BJ fans want him to lose to Alves so they can say that the grease was the contributing factor to his win over BJ and that is why he lost to Alves.

Other fans just dislike GSP because he is Canadian.

No one ever looks at his superior skill level.

This is true. BJ fans want him to lose to Alves so they can say that the grease was the contributing factor to his win over BJ and that is why he lost to Alves.

Other fans just dislike GSP because he is Canadian.

No one ever looks at his superior skill level.

All of this is true. Except for the fact that GSP could be wearing a Gi and Alves still wouldnt be able to retain guard.

Everyone hates him cuz when they watch a fight with their wife, the wife gets excite and asks who he is, and in turn is their wifes fav fighter. lol

Archived