Brock Lesnar Fans =]

ThePredictor

I ________________ hereby pledge to hate Brock Lesnar for the rest of my existence as an MMA fan. I will always vote for Brock's opposition on my fantasy regardless of who it is. I will cheer my very hardest when his hand is not raised at the end of a fight. I would do his wife. I will make fun of him and his oddly shaped head as much as I possibly can.

Although Brock Lesnar has shown that he is an amazing athlete and dominant force within the heavyweight division, I do hope he loses.

I ________________ hereby pledge to hate Brock Lesnar for the rest of my existence as an MMA fan. I will always vote for Brock's opposition on my fantasy regardless of who it is. I will cheer my very hardest when his hand is not raised at the end of a fight. I would do his wife. I will make fun of him and his oddly shaped head as much as I possibly can.

Although Brock Lesnar has shown that he is an amazing athlete and dominant force within the heavyweight division' date=' I do hope he loses.[/quote']

ROTFLLMAO!!! THAT is HILARIOUS!!! ROTFL!!! Oh man, that is FUNNY. I mean I'm not gonna sign it, but I sure as hell will do everything in that list if he loses...apart from doing his wife cause I'm engaged, lol. But oh man, that was to funny. I needed that.

I can't stand Lesnar. I hope Mir punishes him in their next bout. He looked GREAT against Big Nog. But Lesnar is just a freakin monster (In size I mean). Still though. Mir beat him once, I'm sure he can beat him again. Best of wishes Mir!!! Go get him!!!...

Although Brock Lesnar has shown that he is an amazing athlete and dominant force within the heavyweight division' date=' I do hope he loses.[/quote']

I hope he loses to Mir but that's only because 1- I'm a Mir fan, and 2- I'm going to have alot of fun when I get to tell people "told yaaa!!" lol.

Brock is a bit strange and I do understand people's discontent but I'm a fan of his athleticism. A man that size isn't supposed to be able to move like he does. He's also good for the sport. He has brought alot of fans to the UFC and therefore alot of money which is good for everyone, including the other competitors.

people hate on him purely because of the WWE. which imo, is BS. Brock has removed temptation from his life to actually go out and do something that he wants. how many people here can/would give up a multimillion dollar job with tons of security and i am sure health benefits for something less then half of that?

Brock wants this and each outing he proves that more and more imo. he deserves to be here and i am glad he is champ.

people hate on him purely because of the WWE. which imo' date=' is BS. Brock has removed temptation from his life to actually go out and do something that he wants. how many people here can/would give up a multimillion dollar job with tons of security and i am sure health benefits for something less then half of that?

Brock wants this and each outing he proves that more and more imo. he deserves to be here and i am glad he is champ.[/quote']

totally agree, the man is one of the hardest workers UFC has... and he is also seems a really nice guy, i mean he drives a car that aint worth much, he is a down to earth guy, he may come across as ****y and confident but he has a reason to be.. he deserves to be where he is right now. though the only thing that could have been done to shutup all these haters is to have maybe given frank mir the title shot instead of brock and let brock face nog.. but coulture lesnar was too much of a money maker to let go...

ROTFLLMAO!!! THAT is HILARIOUS!!! ROTFL!!! Oh man' date=' that is FUNNY. I mean I'm not gonna sign it, but I sure as hell will do everything in that list if he loses...apart from doing his wife cause I'm engaged, lol. But oh man, that was to funny. I needed that.

I can't stand Lesnar. I hope Mir punishes him in their next bout. He looked GREAT against Big Nog. But Lesnar is just a freakin monster (In size I mean). Still though. Mir beat him once, I'm sure he can beat him again. Best of wishes Mir!!! Go get him!!!...[/quote']

Anyone would have looked great against Nog that night. Mir didnt do anything impressive and just so happened to have an excellent luck of the draw. Mir beat Lesnar when Royce could have beaten Lesnar with his eyes closed. Now that Lesnar has actual BJJ skills and works very hard on them, I am sure that combining that with his wrestling will make him... lets just say slightly harder to SUB then last time. Nog will pull Mirs pants down and rape him if they ever fight again. So would a lot of other HWs.

Wow, thats really pathetic and pointless. I bet you have 0 reasons as to why you hate him. If you do have a reason try not to use the letters W and E in your sentence as the only characters in an abbreviation. See how far it goes ;). Good job on the PHAIL!

so what is it that u guys "cant stand" about Lesnar?

That he trains harder then any other athlete in the UFC and that is just not fair to other fighters. It should be illegal to train between 8 and 14 hours a day with guys like Sherk... Dana should ban that crap :rolleyes:

Anyone would have looked great against Nog that night. Mir didnt do anything impressive and just so happened to have an excellent luck of the draw. Mir beat Lesnar when Royce could have beaten Lesnar with his eyes closed. Now that Lesnar has actual BJJ skills and works very hard on them, I am sure that combining that with his wrestling will make him... lets just say slightly harder to SUB then last time. Nog will pull Mirs pants down and rape him if they ever fight again. So would a lot of other HWs.

No way dude. I mean I think Nog wasn't really himself that night. But you can't deny the fact that Mir looked 10x better in that fight than in any of his past fights from his return after that motorcycle accident. He looked a lot faster, He was using good combinations to pick Nog apart, He was playing it smart by not going to the ground with Nog, he looked real good in his last fight. And I'm pretty sure he's gonna come a lot harder against Lesnar this time. And yeah Lesnar has trained a whole lote more and he's better than what he was back then. But so is Mir. IDK, it could go either way, but I hope Mir wins.

Lesnar is a ****y mofo and I can't STAND ****y fighters. Just like I can't stand Rashad Evans. Always showboating always trying to start stuff. It's just irritating...

people hate on him purely because of the WWE. which imo' date=' is BS. Brock has removed temptation from his life to actually go out and do something that he wants. how many people here can/would give up a multimillion dollar job with tons of security and i am sure health benefits for something less then half of that?

Brock wants this and each outing he proves that more and more imo. he deserves to be here and i am glad he is champ.[/quote']

Its like talking to a brick wall isnt it? You lots, me a bit, and a few other people, keep saying this, and people dont seem to understand. He trains his **** off, has naturally beneficial tools, and wants to constantly improve and sacrifice. And people want him to fail?

He might not have the personality some ppl like, but I cant help but admire him.

I personally want Mir to win just to complete his circle back to where he was, because I think that is a beautiful story, but I also really want Lesnar to do well going forward.

That dedication to the sport is fantastic.

This threads suggestion IMO = rubbish. Sorry.

Anyone would have looked great against Nog that night. Mir didnt do anything impressive and just so happened to have an excellent luck of the draw. Mir beat Lesnar when Royce could have beaten Lesnar with his eyes closed. Now that Lesnar has actual BJJ skills and works very hard on them' date=' I am sure that combining that with his wrestling will make him... lets just say slightly harder to SUB then last time. Nog will pull Mirs pants down and rape him if they ever fight again. So would a lot of other HWs.

No way dude. I mean I think Nog wasn't really himself that night. But you can't deny the fact that Mir looked 10x better in that fight than in any of his past fights from his return after that motorcycle accident. He looked a lot faster, He was using good combinations to pick Nog apart, He was playing it smart by not going to the ground with Nog, he looked real good in his last fight. And I'm pretty sure he's gonna come a lot harder against Lesnar this time. And yeah Lesnar has trained a whole lote more and he's better than what he was back then. But so is Mir. IDK, it could go either way, but I hope Mir wins.

Lesnar is a ****y mofo and I can't STAND ****y fighters. Just like I can't stand Rashad Evans. Always showboating always trying to start stuff. It's just irritating...[/quote']

First of all, the Staph infection did more damage to Nog then Mir did that night. Its funny that no one knows of that and rants on about how good Mir is by using his superior boxing (LMAO AT THAT!) to pick Nog apart. It really is funny.

Second. Mir is just as ****y, if not more ****y then Lesnar. Mir may just be one of the most arrogant fighters ever.

Everyone hates Brock Lesnar because he takes an opportunity that he was given.

Does everyone hate Rampage because he was going to take the opportunity to fight Rashad Evans? Most here know that the reason why Rampage was going to be fighting Evans was because it made better business sense. It was NOT because he deserved it more than Machida.

So, The UFC gave Brock a shot at the title because it made good business sense with him bringing so many wrestling fans to MMA who might have never had the desire to watch MMA before. Yet, you hate "HIM"? Hate the fact that it made good business sense. Also, know that he capitalized on a great opportunity that, though he might not have "deserved", he did get and he did win.

Also just to add to Ctatyk and his crazy spelling of his name, Couture wanted to fight Lesnar as well. It wasnt just Dana saying "Hey lets get Brock and Couture to fight right now because I am KING!" it was also because Couture felt it was a good fight and a great test. If he lost he would have basically passed the torch (funny isnt that what happened?) and if he won, then he basically would have known he was still a king of the UFC. The latter did not happen, therefore we had a passing of the torch, vs a man who has proven that he has built a lot of fame up by beating Lesnar. Mir actually thought Couture would be a bigger problem then Lesnar, and was happy that Lesnar won. Well we will see what Mirs face looks like after it gets put through the GNP of Lesnar.

True fans of the sport hate on Brock for good reason. The man had only one amateur fight before he was allowed to join the UFC. So obviously he got special treatment. He gets beat by Frank Mir his first fight in the octogon. Then he beats Heath Herring in which Herring is a striker with ground and pound skills. They fed Herring to the grizzly to try and make Brock look impressive. We all know that Couture and Dana had problems so when he said he wanted to fight again after a year they gave him Lesnar. What did Brock do to deserve a title match? I dare anyone to bring reason to this. Two very decorated wrestlers but one is still young and weighs 30 to 40 lbs more. hmm I wonder what is going to happen. Randy still did well though. Brock is in the octogon because of the money not his skills. The only thing that Lesnar has is size and strength just like he had during his college wrestling years. Mir will beat Brock Lesnar im pretty sure of it. JJ will be the answer to his size.

True fans of the sport hate on Brock for good reason. The man had only one amateur fight before he was allowed to join the UFC. So obviously he got special treatment. He gets beat by Frank Mir his first fight in the octogon. Then he beats Heath Herring in which Herring is a striker with ground and pound skills. They fed Herring to the grizzly to try and make Brock look impressive. We all know that Cotour and Dana had problems so when he said he wanted to fight again after a year they gave him Lesnar. What did Brock do to deserve a title match? I dare anyone to bring reason to this. Two very decorated wrestlers but one is still young and weighs 30 to 40 lbs more. hmm I wonder what is going to happen. Randy still did well though. Mir will beat Brock Lesnar im pretty sure of it. JJ will be the answer.

It's already been stated in this thread how this is possible' date=' but if you're too lazy to read I cam summarize in one word -- business.

Also, Lesnar [i']did[/i] beat Couture, do you think just about anyone in the organization could've done that? For me it would have been pointless seeing Lesnar beat 3 opponents in a row, clearly below his skill set, just to get his record to look good.

True fans of the sport hate on Brock for good reason. The man had only one amateur fight before he was allowed to join the UFC. So obviously he got special treatment. He gets beat by Frank Mir his first fight in the octogon. Then he beats Heath Herring in which Herring is a striker with ground and pound skills. They fed Herring to the grizzly to try and make Brock look impressive. We all know that Couture and Dana had problems so when he said he wanted to fight again after a year they gave him Lesnar. What did Brock do to deserve a title match? I dare anyone to bring reason to this. Two very decorated wrestlers but one is still young and weighs 30 to 40 lbs more. hmm I wonder what is going to happen. Randy still did well though. Brock is in the octogon because of the money not his skills. The only thing that Lesnar has is size and strength just like he had during his college wrestling years. Mir will beat Brock Lesnar im pretty sure of it. JJ will be the answer to his size.

If you compare Brock to a grizzly and Herring, a pretty legitimately better than average heavy weight, to his lunch in one sentence, how do you justify calling brock out as undeserving in the next. He was more impressive losing to Mir than Mir was getting a lucky sub. He took out Couture realitively easily. and you make it sound like his size is in some way unfair. his opponents have the same opportunity to hit the gym and get to 280 that he has. he works for that body. mir is actually the same height and he weighs about 260, there is only 20 lbs between them. Lesnar dominated mir athletically in fight one not with his size alone.

See thats part of what im talking about. 3 wins in a row try about 7 or 8 before he is even allowed to come to the UFC then 6 to 8 more wins when he gets in. Why is he more deserving of special treatment then any other fighter in the octogon? Nobody can defend Brock intellegently because there isnt a way. He only won one fight in the ufc and gets a title shot! yeah right. I did read and it looked to me like people were just defending brock but didnt have a good reason why other then they like him. I think he should of worked his way up like everyone else. Thats all im trying to say.

See thats part of what im talking about. 3 wins in a row try about 7 or 8 before he is even allowed to come to the UFC then 6 to 8 more wins when he gets in. Why is he more deserving of special treatment then any other fighter in the octogon? Nobody can defend Brock intellegently because there isnt a way. He only won one fight in the ufc and gets a title shot! yeah right. I did read and it looked to me like people were just defending brock but didnt have a good reason why other then they like him. I think he should of worked his way up like everyone else. Thats all im trying to say.

UFC has a long history, in it's short existence, of elevating fighters because of either fan fare and marketability or the obvious amount of talent they have. Lesnar could destroy 8 or 9 cans like Carwin in a total of 10 minutes of cage time but it wouldn't elevate his career anywhere. brock actually has more fight time in his career than Carwin despite less than half of the amount of fights competed in. and IMO cage time with couture, mir, and herring is more valuable than destroying cans. nothing about destroying cans helps fighters. It doesn't accomplish anything for them. If Lesnar is not legit than he'll lose anyway. Obviously he's made it this far doing quite well without token build up victories.

Ok I hear you man and I respect what your saying. But how do we know he can beat people if he hasnt fought them yet. He has more fight time where? In wrestling and WWE. He is athletic but does that mean he is a fighter? And I would like to see him fight someone like Carwin who he wont have a size advantage on. It was obvious that his experience n mma was lacking when Mir got the ankle lock on him. Mir was suprised by Lesnars speed and power. He underestimated him. This time he will know better. Look for a very tactical fight by Mir.

Ok I hear you man and I respect what your saying. But how do we know he can beat people if he hasnt fought them yet. He has more fight time where? In wrestling and WWE. He is athletic but does that mean he is a fighter? And I would like to see him fight someone like Carwin who he wont have a size advantage on. It was obvious that his experience n mma was lacking when Mir got the ankle lock on him. Mir was suprised by Lesnars speed and power. He underestimated him. This time he will know better. Look for a very tactical fight by Mir.

he has more fight time in MMA than Carwin. carwin has ended every fight in less than 2 minutes meaning Brock has actually competed in the cage longer in duration in spite having less fights under his belt. and you're right we don't know he can beat people until he fights them but i think we both know that the lower echelon heavyweights in UFC he would have to face to get the 6 or 8 victories you'd prefer him to have won't be able to touch the guy. It's a formality. He walked all over herring and heath is actually a good fighter. I would like to see him fight carwin too. I think Carwin is pretty good. Not good enough to beat lesnar but i'd take him over Mir. I think you'll be unpleasantly surprised by how easily Brock dominates frank in the second fight. I think Mir's bubble is about to burst in a big way. He's the illegitimate champ, not brock. mir got cleaned out by Vera, and was looking like his career was over then he beats a first time fighter and gets a title shot, that is a bigger joke than lesnar's title shot. and the biggest joke of all is that Mir got lucky again due to nogueria's staff infection and he walks around talking like he's the real deal. even if he does beat brock, which i think is pretty unlikely, he won't be the champ for long. He is a fraudulent champion, right up there with jens Pulver as a joke champ.

I don't like Brock for many reasons-

1. He is a threat to my favorite heavyweight picks (Randy, Mir, Nog)

2. His hair.

3. His hair.

4. His fighting style (simple, not exciting, and one dimensional)

5. His attitude (arrogant, douchish)

6. His hair.

Notice - None of that had to do with the WWF...

First of all' date=' the Staph infection did more damage to Nog then Mir did that night. Its funny that no one knows of that and rants on about how good Mir is by using his superior boxing (LMAO AT THAT!) to pick Nog apart. It really is funny.

Second. Mir is just as ****y, if not more ****y then Lesnar. Mir may just be one of the most arrogant fighters ever.[/quote']

Well if he had staff infection then why did he take the fight? He obviously thought he was in good enough condition to fight. If it was SERIOUS staph infection I'm pretty sure he would've backed out of it. But it obviously wasn't serious enough to the point where he couldn't fight. Now, I'm not saying that didn't alter his performance. But still the guy had enough stamina to go in there and fight, he did, and he LOST. So that's HIS own fault for being stupid to go in there and fight with a freakin infection. Which doesn't sound like it was to serious because he still fought and got whooped. Still though, Mir looked WAY better than I've ever seen him. You can think whatever the he3ck you want. I don't give a care. But ANYONE who has seen his first few fights after the motorcycle accident compared to the fight we saw him in against Nog, he looked much better. He was moving better, he was striking better, and he was fighting smarter.

And I for one have never seen Frank being ****y. Apart from that one "Come get me" move he pulled off aginst Nog during their fight. But apart from that, he hasn't struck me as ****y at all. But that could just be me.

I couldn't agree more. Everyone here has said already that it was for business reasons, but does that make it right? Hell no. Lesnar's a chump.

well you have to remember also that carwin is 11-0 in which all have ended in the first round. Lesnar has 3-1 with two fights that went to the second round. I wouldnt consider that more fight time. I dont want to hate on the man for taking a opportunity when it is presented to him. I just think he isnt a legit person to be respected in MMA. Frank has a record of 12-3 with 13 fights in the UFC alone. The man deserves the title a lot more then a lot of heavyweights.

Lesnar Bashing? I'm in! ;)

And I agree (surprise). Again! IMO it...

- ...is unfair towards other fighters like Carwin etc who go 1X - 0 in pro-fights and have no title-shot in sight when the UFC let's Donkey Kong go for the...well...some belt after he's 2-1. And they put him up against Randy "2-times-retired" Couture. His way to the title was paved with rose petals, IMO.

- ...simply sucks that the UFC pulls this kind of stunt. Doesn't have to do with Brock, I just hate it when the commercial interest takes over like that. They always brag how they legitimized this sport, how they respect the athletes. Well: Respect them enough then to have a transparent and fair procedure to determine who get's a title. This whole Dana-White-Roulette thing as it stands now just isn't my thing already but at least it seems "kinda fair...will work out" to me normally. Machida was another case in point until Rampage dropped out.

- ...is cute that people actually buy that whole "I wanted to resist temptation! I gave up the millions cause I wanted Pro Football...erm...wait...MMA!"-crap that Butch (intentional!!!) Lesnar spilled in All Access and wherenot. Not saying it ain't true. Maybe you guys in here are really well informed. But I've come across too many other people who just have this "Brock said it in his own informercial so it must be true!"-attitude. Terrible! ;)

- ...suprises me, people think he looks like this cause he's such a "great natural athlete" who works so hard (incidentially with Steroid-Sherk) after so many doctor's coming out to tell us there's rarely anything natural about a physique like Brocks. Look at the workout of guys like Fedor, Barnett and how they look. Is it just country-boy Brock eating his veggies? Yeah...can't prove that...benefit of the doubt...innocent until proven otherwise... But if you see something that looks like a chicken... ;)

- is always a pleasure to see someone fight you dislike. So Brock makes for a couple of good matchups before he leaves the UFC brock-en, hopefully. Man he even makes me root for Mir who I otherwise would find ****y, boring and overrated. Well not anymore!!!!11 And if Lesnar wins, at least we already know we and Frank can blame the knee-surgery for it. He really learned something from Big Nog there!! ;)

I've already stated that I don't dislike Brock and I think he's good for the sport but here we go again with the Mir haters. Most of the Mir fans here have conceded that although he beat Brock and Nog that the victories were contraversial. In fairness, Mir haters could recognize that recently having a femur that was broken in two places can make it difficult to win fights. Mir would snap Vera in half right now.

Unless I am making a massive booboo here' date=' everyone does realise that Randy Couture (who everyone has always, and probably always will love) fought for the UFC belt in his 4th fight right?

Where is the diffference between that and Brock really? Not much really.

Anyways, I'm just rambling......[/quote']

He had 2 fights before he fought for the belt the first time when he took it from Vitor Belfort but he also had 4 amateur fights before. But this was back in 1997 when there had only been 14 UFC's before. You are right though he had 6 fights before he took the belt. MMA was a different sport back then also though. What makes him more deserving then fighters like Cain Valesquez or Shane Carwin if were gonna call who deserves the shot more?

Wow' date=' lots of flaws with this. Alright lets see here, Im a true fan and I could care less or more about Brock, but I dont. I dont hate him because there is no reason to hate him. To me that is just a ridiculous immature mind of MMA talking. Why hate someone that hasnt done anything wrong? Just wondering why you would even take offense to that but whatever.

Herring is not that much smaller then Brock, and they are both LEGIT HWs. So what is the basis of this argument? Herring lost right? well that is the end of that.

Couture WANTED to fight Lesnar, and Dana wanted them to fight as well. Then, Couture SIGNED ON THE DOTTED LINE to get the fight with Lesnar. He could have turned it down, but he didnt. He took it and that was that. Yes Lesnar outweighed him, but remember that the weight limit is 265. There is no special "Coutures division of weight" so its not Lesnars fault that the weight class has been that big for years now. Couture has also fought guys who were cutting to 265 and beat them before, you didnt bring that up though did you? No. So again this argument seems quite weak.

If Brock is in it for the money, dont you think he would go back to the WWE where he was making probably 50 times what he is now? Well? Again... weak.

If Mir will beat Brock again, even though Mazzagatti will not be reffing, how will his BJJ will not be leaps and bounds ahead of Brocks this time. More then likely the match may never go to the ground unless Mir is unconscious or Lesnar is. With the significant power advantage and the fact that Lesnar has caught Mir already a couple times, I think it is a safer bet that Mir will hit the ground TKOd before Lesnar will.

Again not true. A lot of those guys dont win nearly as much as you are saying at HW in order to get a title shot. It is the weakest division in the UFC, and maybe even the world. Brock also had a controversial loss (so Dana says and many MANY hardcore MMA fans). People can defend Brock intelligently. I guarentee Barnett, Nog, Fedor could DEFINITELY control Brock better then the guys we have seen so far, and intelligently defend themselves against him.

If Brock would have worked his way up, then he would have had to destroy guys like Hardonk, and ruin tomato cans like Velasquez last fight. Is that fair to smaller weaker, and still drastically learning guys? Hell no it isnt.

You need to take your head out of the WWE clouds. A lot of the new fans seem to hate that he came from a professional wrestling background. Do you know some japanese fighters come from a professional wrestling background as well? Does this offend you?

He has already fought men as big as Carwin. Both being Herring and Mir.

It seems like your experience is lacking because it was a knee bar. He was learning back then, and now he has a top BJJ practicioner in the world helping him strictly with BJJ defense. I guarentee you we will see a much improved ground game in Brock. Did you know the first couple years in any MA are the most important? Well its true, because you have the most to learn in that time.

I would love to hear the options Mir has for tactics. His only tactics I can think of is, "dont get hit" and "try to get it to the ground ASAP" other then that its looking like they will need an ambulance for him on that night.

He had 2 fights before he fought for the belt the first time when he took it from Vitor Belfort but he also had 4 amateur fights before. But this was back in 1997 when there had only been 14 UFC's before. You are right though he had 6 fights before he took the belt. MMA was a different sport back then also though. What makes him more deserving then fighters like Cain Valesquez or Shane Carwin if were gonna call who deserves the shot more?

Well this would have been a good debate before he had the fight against Randy, I do agree on that. But it is a kind of non-argument now because he did get his shot, and he took it with both hands. So the arguments about whether he deserved it or not are kind of irrelevant. Velasquez and Carwin both deserve a shot. And after the Mir fight, whoever holds the belt should be fighting one of them. But its important that ppl were clamouring for Velasquez to have a title fight after his third fight.

Then you have to think about guys like Kongo, who have had loads more fights and dont get their shots.

There is no formula for how this works. The only thing fighters can do is take their chance when they get it, and make the most of it. If Lesnar goes on to defend against Mir, and then make defenses against 3 or 4 more top HW's, then this whole debate will be completely redundant. All I think really is that we should therefore just wait to see what happens against Mir, instead of arguing about what should have been when there can be no change in what was.

Well if he had staff infection then why did he take the fight? He obviously thought he was in good enough condition to fight. If it was SERIOUS staph infection I'm pretty sure he would've backed out of it. But it obviously wasn't serious enough to the point where he couldn't fight. Now' date=' I'm not saying that didn't alter his performance. But still the guy had enough stamina to go in there and fight, he did, and he LOST. [b']So that's HIS own fault for being stupid to go in there and fight with a freakin infection. Which doesn't sound like it was to serious because he still fought and got whooped[/b]. Still though, Mir looked WAY better than I've ever seen him. You can think whatever the he3ck you want. I don't give a care. But ANYONE who has seen his first few fights after the motorcycle accident compared to the fight we saw him in against Nog, he looked much better. He was moving better, he was striking better, and he was fighting smarter.

And I for one have never seen Frank being ****y. Apart from that one "Come get me" move he pulled off aginst Nog during their fight. But apart from that, he hasn't struck me as ****y at all. But that could just be me.

Well, again we have some extra wrongings! First off, he had the infection for up to thirty days in total, but it seems it was more like 20 - 25. He was also hospitalized for 5 days and had an injury. This all prevented him from training. Note this is NOG a guy who loves training and actually trains for more then 10 hours a day usually. If that wasnt serious, what is serious? Also note, that he didnt want to let his fans down, that is why he didnt turn the match down. To say Mir did anything good in that fight is making fun of yourself. Think, if a man like Fedor, with some of the most ferocious hand power and speed, couldnt KO Nog, how the hell would Mirs weak hands KO him so easily? Think LONG AND HARD before you answer this post about that.

Yeah he was moving really good against Nog wasnt he? Everyone looks good against a punching bag.

Its also hilarious that you say you have never seen him be ****y. Fanboyism anyone? ANYONE? Give this guy a spoonful, he needs some lol (im just playin with ya, dont take that personal)

well you have to remember also that carwin is 11-0 in which all have ended in the first round. Lesnar has 3-1 with two fights that went to the second round. I wouldnt consider that more fight time. I dont want to hate on the man for taking a opportunity when it is presented to him. I just think he isnt a legit person to be respected in MMA. Frank has a record of 12-3 with 13 fights in the UFC alone. The man deserves the title a lot more then a lot of heavyweights.

Okay this is easy. If you can name a single person that Carwin beat BESIDES Gonzaga that is championship or near championship caliber' date=' Ill give you the benefit of the doubt that Carwin deserved it a year ago more then Lesnar. Since Lesnar has had 3 fights against TOP QUALITY OPPONENTS (besides Mir) that would pretty much make his fights more useful. Lesnar has still fought longer in 2 matches then all of Carwins basically combined. Frank Mir also only had like 7 wins and 1 loss or something close to that when he won the title. So what do you have to say about that? Less then ten wins? doesnt that mean Carwin should have gotten a shot before him too?

Unless I am making a massive booboo here, everyone does realise that Randy Couture (who everyone has always, and probably always will love) fought for the UFC belt in his 4th fight right?

Where is the diffference between that and Brock really? Not much really.

Anyways, I'm just rambling......

No it makes sense. Trust me. It makes a lot of sense.

I've already stated that I don't dislike Brock and I think he's good for the sport but here we go again with the Mir haters. Most of the Mir fans here have conceded that although he beat Brock and Nog that the victories were contraversial. In fairness' date=' Mir haters could recognize that recently having a femur that was broken in two places can make it difficult to win fights. Mir would snap Vera in half right now.[/quote']

Mir would not snap Vera. Vera has more abilities then Mir, so if Mir has more abilities then Lesnar and would beat Lesnar easily, even though there is a small difference in weight, what makes you think Vera with more skills couldnt snap Mir again easily? I dont understand this thinking.

Who has Cain Velasquez beaten that is worthy? Who has Carwin beaten that is worth (besides Gabe who he beat two weeks ago)?

In this sport QUALITY is more important then QUANTITY, especially if you beat them. THIS ISNT BOXING! People dont seem to understand that. They think too much like boxing where you pay people money to throw and lose fights all the time. This is a sport where top tier can be put against top tier at any moment. Why did Paulo Thiago fight KOS so soon? Because the UFC thought he was a solid opponent for KOS. Did he win? Yes. That 1 win is more important then all his other wins, and his unbeaten record now, combined. That is why he gets to fight a top three in the world in his next fight, and may even get a title shot within three matches. Isnt that crazy? No it isnt. he is that good and deserves what he is currently getting IMO. See how that works?

sorry i almost posted the same thing again. dude you can quote me all you want and I agree with a lot you are saying. And no I wont take offense to what you say man its just the internet and people feel the way they want too. Im trying to say that Brock didnt even deserve to fight Couture before anybody else did like Valesquez or Carwin. Who did Brock beat- Heath Herring who wasnt even a #1 contender. Look at Mir's record again before you judge because at least most of his wins were in the UFC. Not in any other league. Quoting people wont make you right man in fact im still waiting for an intelligent response on why Brock deserves where he is. He beat Couture thats it. Couture had two fights left on his contract and after a year he realized he needs to go ahead and get it over with because his real plans are to fight Fedor.

sorry i almost posted the same thing again. dude you can quote me all you want and I agree with a lot you are saying. And no I wont take offense to what you say man its just the internet and people feel the way they want too. Im trying to say that Brock didnt even deserve to fight Couture before anybody else did like Valesquez or Carwin. Who did Brock beat- Heath Herring who wasnt even a #1 contender. Look at Mir's record again before you judge because at least most of his wins were in the UFC. Not in any other league. Quoting people wont make you right man in fact im still waiting for an intelligent response on why Brock deserves where he is. He beat Couture thats it. Couture had two fights left on his contract and after a year he realized he needs to go ahead and get it over with because his real plans are to fight Fedor.

First off, I answered a lot of your questions and gave you a couple facts about why some of the things you said were miles off from the truth.

Again, Couture WANTED (notice that word) to fight Lesnar. That is why he got to where he is. Herring is an international star and very famous as well. He used to be one of the best in Pride. He is still a top HW in the UFC. Notice at that point who was the number 1 contender? Nog. Nog had to fight Mir though. So they had to get someone to fight Couture and then the winner would fight either Mir or Nog. Mir won, Lesnar won, and now we are here with the title match being Mir vs Lesnar. That is why Lesnar is where he is. This is pretty easy to understand. Again... WINS DONT MATTER. Its quality over quantity. Even Mir has some opponents (Tank Abbott anyone?) who are not even close to decent caliber. Does this answer your question? Or are you asking why other guys who beat up some tomato cans are not the current title holders? If you thought Couture should have fought someone closer to his weight or something, you should have told him that before he fought Sylvia or Lesnar. It was his choice remember, he made it. No one else made it for him.

Couture can fight Fedor if he wants, but he will only lose and get badly hurt in the process. Fedor is not the best for nothing, and he hasnt been at the top for 5 years because he was fighting Cans either. Good luck to Couture if his dream is to get injured severely.

For someone who sais he is not a Brock fan you sure do act like it. He had one quality win over someone who in my book (herring) would lose to Valesquez or Carwin just as easy. Thats just me though. You seem to be trying to fight me on everything I say on this site so I know what ever I say wont matter. I have been watching MMA since I was young so trust me man dont question what I know. Me and you dont see eye to eye and thats for sure but thats cool man believe what you want. Some people will agree with you and some wont.

I know theres a little verbal sparring going on, but I'll still throw my 2cents in. Id like to see Brock fight Fedor, (regardless of the result) & the loser of that fight take on the winner of Carwin vs Kongo! Very unrealistic I know, but bring it on!

I couldn't agree more. Everyone here has said already that it was for business reasons' date=' but does that make it right? Hell no. Lesnar's a chump.[/quote']

Lesnar is a chump. why, because he got a title shot?

U need to realize that HE (Lesnar) isnt in charge of that. the UFC is, THEY are the ones that deemed Lesnar fitting for a title shot. why on earth would Lesnar turn that down? he has stated time and time again that he wants to fight the best and here he gets to fight the CHAMP in the division. plus a bigger pay day, more experience, and more hype/fan interest. Lesnar had everything to gain IN THE SPORT by accepting the fight, why should he have turned it down?

u so called "true fans" are sketchy, i think u need to RE-think ur stance.

Brock is a big name draw. That makes the ufc money. Which enables them to gobble up the competions talent. Which is a bonus for us. I'm sure Dana promised Brock big things to come to his company. Let me put it this way, do you sign Lebron James just to bench him?? Anyone with eyes could see Brock was gonna be a force in the weak HW division. That's why he was hired. Let's talk about ufc hw division at the time, or now. Who are the top five? in any order:

Mir

Brock

Couture

Nog

Carwin

Two fighters held belts at this time, which leave two number one contenders spot. Four of the top five engaged. Which leaves carwin out. Oh well. Maybe he's good, maybe he's not. He will get a shot soon. Right now Brocks the bigger name. It's not a big pool so you get shots quicker. Especially when you are famous and look like the hulk. It's business.

Reguardless of how much ayone hates him, or how many favors were given to him because of his time with the WWE or whatever. That is all irrelavent. He came in and beat Randy(the champ). He DESERVES to be where he is right now. Bottom line. If there is any champ that he couldve beat, Randy should be the one that left no doubts in anyones minds. Granted I hated Lesnar when he first came into the UFC. He beat a chump for his first fight and then got a shot at Mir. Business reasons may have gotten him into the UFC, but his performance earned him his spot at champ. The "true fans" or whatever u called it is a load of s***. If u were true fans u would realize that he did what he had to do and he wanted to BETTER his image by leaving the WWE. You cant hate a guy for doing that. He has class, skills, power and is just an all around good person. And a good fighter for that matter. He may not be the best, but as of right now he is the best in the UFC. Thats why he is champ.

As I said before. I was one of the biggest Lesnar haters out there, ask anyone. Not because of who he is, or how hes doing, nothing to do with MMA. I hated him because of the image he was bringing from the WWE. But he hasnt brought any of that image with him. None. He is champ, and will be very hard to beat.

Reguardless of how much ayone hates him' date=' or how many favors were given to him because of his time with the WWE or whatever. That is all irrelavent. He came in and beat Randy(the champ). He DESERVES to be where he is right now. Bottom line. If there is any champ that he couldve beat, Randy should be the one that left no doubts in anyones minds. Granted I hated Lesnar when he first came into the UFC. He beat a chump for his first fight and then got a shot at Mir. Business reasons may have gotten him into the UFC, but his performance earned him his spot at champ. The "true fans" or whatever u called it is a load of s***. If u were true fans u would realize that he did what he had to do and he wanted to BETTER his image by leaving the WWE. You cant hate a guy for doing that. He has class, skills, power and is just an all around good person. And a good fighter for that matter. He may not be the best, but as of right now he is the best in the UFC. Thats why he is champ.

As I said before. I was one of the biggest Lesnar haters out there, ask anyone. Not because of who he is, or how hes doing, nothing to do with MMA. I hated him because of the image he was bringing from the WWE. But he hasnt brought any of that image with him. None. He is champ, and will be very hard to beat.[/quote']

couldn't of said it better myself.......or maybe i did a post or two ago :) you said it nicer than i did though.

For someone who sais he is not a Brock fan you sure do act like it. He had one quality win over someone who in my book (herring) would lose to Valesquez or Carwin just as easy. Thats just me though. You seem to be trying to fight me on everything I say on this site so I know what ever I say wont matter. I have been watching MMA since I was young so trust me man dont question what I know. Me and you dont see eye to eye and thats for sure but thats cool man believe what you want. Some people will agree with you and some wont.

No. I really am not trying to argue with you. I am telling you the things you are definitely not seeing. I am not trying to be the "thorn in your side" I am telling you how and why things went down the way they did. You also asked' date=' and that is why I gave you the information. If you didnt want to hear it, you probably shouldnt have asked why he got the title shot. Still, Brock has the belt, and has beaten the competition to get there. That is the end of the story.

Brock is a big name draw. That makes the ufc money. Which enables them to gobble up the competions talent. Which is a bonus for us. I'm sure Dana promised Brock big things to come to his company. Let me put it this way, do you sign Lebron James just to bench him?? Anyone with eyes could see Brock was gonna be a force in the weak HW division. That's why he was hired. Let's talk about ufc hw division at the time, or now. Who are the top five? in any order:

Mir

Brock

Couture

Nog

Carwin

Two fighters held belts at this time, which leave two number one contenders spot. Four of the top five engaged. Which leaves carwin out. Oh well. Maybe he's good, maybe he's not. He will get a shot soon. Right now Brocks the bigger name. It's not a big pool so you get shots quicker. Especially when you are famous and look like the hulk. It's business.

This is perfectly said. The only mistake I think you made personally was saying Carwin at this time. The person you should have replaced him with IMO was Gabriel Gonzaga for the reason that he recently at the time lost to Couture, but that he was still a recent contender, which I think would have put him over Carwin. But very well said man two thumbs up.

No. I really am not trying to argue with you. I am telling you the things you are definitely not seeing. I am not trying to be the "thorn in your side" I am telling you how and why things went down the way they did. You also asked' date=' and that is why I gave you the information. If you didnt want to hear it, you probably shouldnt have asked why he got the title shot. Still, Brock has the belt, and has beaten the competition to get there. That is the end of the story.

This is perfectly said. The only mistake I think you made personally was saying Carwin at this time. The person you should have replaced him with IMO was Gabriel Gonzaga for the reason that he recently at the time lost to Couture, but that he was still a recent contender, which I think would have put him over Carwin. But very well said man two thumbs up.[/quote']

ya you are probably right about gonzaga being ahead of carwin, i thought of that, but at the moment couldnt think of another guy. been boozing tonight. cheers

I have only done the boozin once this year LOL! I think it was either on UFC 94' date=' or UFC 96... In all seriousness I actually cannot remember which event (even though 96 wasnt that long ago :))[/quote']

I'm sure you've heard me say I work in a bar. Well, 5 nights a week, i sit and play tunes in my dj booth for hours on end. Gives me tons of time to post and some nights i get a little tipsy. Especially when the wife is the bartender :)

Archived