Rashad Evans in Rampage's Face

pacon2caraperez

I know this is considered old news and it's kinda of irrelevant now considering the fact that Lyoto is fighting Rashad next. But I looked back on the threads and I didn't see anything for this topic. And I was just curious, does anyone else feel as though that was uncalled for and very disrespectful for Evans to get in Jackson's face like that?

I mean when GSP beat BJ, Thiago came into the Octagon but was very respectul and nice to GSP. Why does Evans gotta go in there trying to start stuff? OMG, this dude just gets on my nerves everytime I see him fight. He's always showing off and disrespecting the guys he fights. It's so irritating and I hope Lyoto knocks his block off. And I honestly think Lyoto can do it.

To be honest I think Lyoto has a better chance of beating Evans than Rampage does. I'm not saying Rampage couldn't whoop Rasahd and kock him out cold. But Lyoto is one of those guys I see being a champ for a long time. I see him as the Anderson Silva of the light heavyweight division. I can't wait to see them fight.

I hope in the future though that Rampge and Evans will go at it, Cause that was just messed up and I hope Rampage knocks him out. Cause Evans is an idiot and he needs a good whoppin. Wether it's by Lyoto or Rampage, I don't care, lol...

I agree! I love Evans as a fighter, you can't really take that away from him. But...he is a ****y, showboat. I've heard some pretty bad things about him too as far as fans go. I hope Machida beat him too, not because I dislike him, but to bring him back to EARTH!

I thought Rampage was the disrespectful one, not evans. you guys are all biased on here, it's pathetic. Rampage is funny and I like the guy but when he acts like an idiot it's alright and when Evans does anything he's ****y. Evans showboating actually works. Take a look back at his last two fights and tell me otherwise. after he shrugged off lidell's best shot chuck appeared to change up his style a little and be more aggressive playing right into rashad's hands. Also, forrest b****ed out and became a ***** after Evans grabbed his crotch. One of the most unexplainable reactions to being challenged I've ever seen in the UFC. He just completely abondoned his aggression ehich was winning him the fight at that point. The Jackson-Evans staredown thing was prearranged and stupid. But putting the blame on Evans when he comes into a ring to console his best friend who just lost and while he gets called out by a mouthpiece who knew he wasn't healthy enough to turn around and fight at 98 anyway makes me think the so-called fans on here need to reconsider why they are actually fans of the sport.

I thought Rampage was the disrespectful one' date=' not evans. you guys are all biased on here, it's pathetic. Rampage is funny and I like the guy but when he acts like an idiot it's alright and when Evans does anything he's ****y. Evans showboating actually works. Take a look back at his last two fights and tell me otherwise. after he shrugged off lidell's best shot chuck appeared to change up his style a little and be more aggressive playing right into rashad's hands. Also, forrest b****ed out and became a ***** after Evans grabbed his crotch. One of the most unexplainable reactions to being challenged I've ever seen in the UFC. He just completely abondoned his aggression ehich was winning him the fight at that point. The Jackson-Evans staredown thing was prearranged and stupid. But putting the blame on Evans when he comes into a ring to console his best friend who just lost and while he gets called out by a mouthpiece who knew he wasn't healthy enough to turn around and fight at 98 anyway makes me think the so-called fans on here need to reconsider why they are actually fans of the sport.[/quote']

For me it's not his ****iness inside the ring, it's in the outside the octagon world. Alot of fighters act a fool for the hype and are really humble and cool guys in reality. We got to see this when tito coached TUF. He really is a geniune dude. I have seen Rampage on tons of interviews and he seems to be very humble and is funny as s*it. Rashad on the other hand seems ****y on both sides of the spectrum, maybe he will prove me wrong one day but for now, I dont like him.

For me it's not his ****iness inside the ring' date=' it's in the outside the octagon world. Alot of fighters act a fool for the hype and are really humble and cool guys in reality. We got to see this when tito coached TUF. He really is a geniune dude. I have seen Rampage on tons of interviews and he seems to be very humble and is funny as s*it. Rashad on the other hand seems ****y on both sides of the spectrum, maybe he will prove me wrong one day but for now, I dont like him.[/quote']

I can respect this. I have no problem with guys not liking Rashad. I just think the postfight ufc96 stuff should be on rampage's shoulders not evans'. not that I care either way, but it's a stretch to think that anyone actually thought less of rashad after that. People that didn't like him there already didn't like him.

For me it's not his ****iness inside the ring' date=' it's in the outside the octagon world. Alot of fighters act a fool for the hype and are really humble and cool guys in reality. We got to see this when tito coached TUF. He really is a geniune dude. I have seen Rampage on tons of interviews and he seems to be very humble and is funny as s*it. Rashad on the other hand seems ****y on both sides of the spectrum, maybe he will prove me wrong one day but for now, I dont like him.[/quote']

EXACTLY, thats what I look for. Rampage says things like "chucks the man, and always was" in interviews after he beat him twice, and after he beat Jardine he was joking around about getting kicked in the ****, and how Jardine hurt him and gave a great fight. He also right after the Forrest fight said he just "got his **** whopped". I dont OVERLY like Rampage but I respect him to the end because the way he deals with alot of situations. Rashad I just hate because of the way he is ****y. Hes so serious and looks like a WWE guy IMO sometimes with the things he does and says....I dont know if I want Machida to win (hes my favourite fighter) or Rashad to win, so he can fight Rampage because we all know how the last fight ended between Rampage and someone who disrespected him lol

after he beat him twice

i liked when they were in eachothers face... they are fighters and thats what they do. i thought even though they got into eachothers face that they were both respectful of eachother. i dont think this issue was ever addressed becuz i think there was no need to address it...

Im sure alot of people started disliking Rashad b/c of his ****iness on the show. Thats how Koscheck got a bad stigma.

I know exactly how it feels to be competing, you get worked up and caught up in the moment. So I tend to judge fighters how they act outside the ring rather then IN the ring. When your adrenaline is pumping like that theres no telling how you'd act until your there.

im an extremely competitive person and i talk alot of junk in whatever i do whether it be bowling, pool, basketball, spades... video games., some people cant stand it, and i understand why but i cant help it.... it just makes it more fun to me. put some money in the mix... some people feed off my energy and talk junk with me, others cant stand it and prolly dont want to play nothing with me...

but anybody that knows me outside of competing knows that im a laid back, chill guy that is easy to get along with. q; D

I thought Rampage was the disrespectful one' date=' not evans. you guys are all biased on here, it's pathetic. Rampage is funny and I like the guy but when he acts like an idiot it's alright and when Evans does anything he's ****y. Evans showboating actually works. Take a look back at his last two fights and tell me otherwise. after he shrugged off lidell's best shot chuck appeared to change up his style a little and be more aggressive playing right into rashad's hands. Also, forrest b****ed out and became a ***** after Evans grabbed his crotch. One of the most unexplainable reactions to being challenged I've ever seen in the UFC. He just completely abondoned his aggression ehich was winning him the fight at that point. The Jackson-Evans staredown thing was prearranged and stupid. But putting the blame on Evans when he comes into a ring to console his best friend who just lost and while he gets called out by a mouthpiece who knew he wasn't healthy enough to turn around and fight at 98 anyway makes me think the so-called fans on here need to reconsider why they are actually fans of the sport.[/quote']

Forrest didn't abandon his agression after Evans grabbed his crotch. I saw him land a few more good combinations before the round ended. Evans didn't do anything significant that whole fight until the third round. So his showboating didn't work in the fight against Forrest. Forrest kept his cool from what I saw. But I can see your point in the fight against Lidell.

But about your excuse about innocent little Rashad coming into the ring to console his poor wittle beat up friend sounds like a load of bullcrap to me. If he was coming in there with the sole intention of just consoling his friend, then why did he get all up in Rampage's face when Rampage called him out? He was just looking to instigate stuff.

And who the hell are you to determine who's a "True Fan" and who isn't? If you love the sport, your a true fan. If you know a lot, then that makes you a true fan too. But a "True Fan" isn't determined JUST by how much they know, but how much they love the sport and how loyal they are to it. And besides, why do you guys care so much about critiquing who's a "Real Fan" and who isn't? Is it really gonna make a difference in your life if someone doesn't agree with your point of view about MMA? Are you guys so full of yourselves and your knowledge that you insist on preaching about who is and who isn't a legit fan of the sport? What makes you all so high and mighty? Just because you know so much that makes your guys' opinions the only valid ones? You all need to shut up and get over yourselves. Just cause people don't share YOUR guys' same opinion on things does NOT mean their not a "true fan". It just means they got a different opinion. People who think like that make me sick. I swear, almost every thread I've seen on here has at least one "MMA Know it all" critiquing someone for not being a true fan. Really, get over yourselves.

Rashad is a prick and I hope Lyoto or Rampge or anyone knocks him out...

I believe Evans grabbing his winky in the Forrest fight did have an effect. Forrest landed an incredibly hard shot (Superman PUNCH!) and it didnt do ANYTHING. Evans did it because he said he was embarrassed for getting hit with a punch he never gets hit with. That is why he was so ashamed and was like "yeah kiss this". Forrest didnt seem like himself in the next round, and even said he did some stupid things himself. For instance having a powerful fighter in an open guard, and letting him posture up to literally KTFO you. He didnt do anything to prevent this and that is why he ate an incredibly powerful shot and is no longer champion. That didnt seem like the Forrest I am used to seeing on the ground but whatever.

The Rashad/Rampage thing was planned from the beginning. Fans a lot of the time dont realize this kind of stuff.

Meh, I dont care who is a true fan. If someone says something that does not make sense, not because it is an opinion but it literally has no value and is not the truth, I have no fear of putting a sock in their mouth so to speak lol. You have to not take what people are saying sometimes though to seriously. Just let it slide, that is usually what I do... it works.

Dont worry, Rashad is going to lose to Machida. I promise ;)

So no one here remembers that part of Forrest's "*****ing Out" was the fact that he disintegrated his hand punching Evans?

I think it had more to do with the fact he couldn't use his hand, then Evan's grabbing his nuts did.

And the 'staredowns' just show the type of people the fighters are. Evans and Rampage are showboats with big mouths, GSP and Thiago are respectful warriors.

Its all part of the game guys.

Yes after the fight they will shake hands and show their respect. Ive said this before. When a guy grabs ur girls a$$ in the bar while ur sitting right there, youre not going to say "hey man, now that was uncalled for and I would like to resolve this like gentleman". No. You wont. Youre gonna get up in that guys face and call him every name in the book right before u whoop dat a$$.

Think of it this way. The belt is Rashads girlfriend and Rampage is the guy that grabbed her a$$.

Cant explain it anymore simple than that.

When a guy grabs ur girls a$$ in the bar while ur sitting right there' date=' youre not going to say "hey man, now that was uncalled for and I would like to resolve this like gentleman". No. You wont. Youre gonna get up in that guys face and call him every name in the book right before u whoop dat a$$.

Think of it this way. The belt is Rashads girlfriend and Rampage is the guy that grabbed her a$$.

Cant explain it anymore simple than that.[/quote']

No way would I get mad at the guy, hell thats kinda kinky. Especially if he had a girl too, we could swap partners.

Yeah, why was Rampage even IN the octagon?? Ohhh that's right, HE had just finished a fight so he belonged there. Rashad, whether he was sent by Dana or was there to see his friend, was the one that didn't belong. I have no problem with what happened but if there is a "guilty party" I would lean toward Rashad.

Its all part of the game guys.

Yes after the fight they will shake hands and show their respect. Ive said this before. When a guy grabs ur girls a$$ in the bar while ur sitting right there' date=' youre not going to say "hey man, now that was uncalled for and I would like to resolve this like gentleman". No. You wont. Youre gonna get up in that guys face and call him every name in the book right before u whoop dat a$$.

Cant explain it anymore simple than that.[/quote']

Well Put Sir!

I LOVE A BIT A TRASH TALK!

Gimme more of that stuff. I'm with go hard on this. Step up the excitement a bit. Insult his mama, call him names, tell em he aint sheeeet. I say anything goes, and should go, before the fight. Kiss each others @ss after the fight. Rashad actually moved up in my book for gettin in Rampage's face. Hell, it makes me wanna see the fight more. Like why I wanna see Hughes Serra so bad.

cheer

Well Put Sir!

I LOVE A BIT A TRASH TALK!

Gimme more of that stuff. I'm with go hard on this. Step up the excitement a bit. Insult his mama' date=' call him names, tell em he aint sheeeet. I say anything goes, and should go, before the fight. Kiss each others @ss after the fight. Rashad actually moved up in my book for gettin in Rampage's face. Hell, it makes me wanna see the fight more. Like why I wanna see Hughes Serra so bad.

cheer[/quote']

I'll second this..........very well put Cee and shawn...ditto what you said.....it's kinda like fight foreplay. LOL

Meh' date=' I dont care who is a true fan. If someone says something that does not make sense, not because it is an opinion but it literally has no value and is not the truth, I have no fear of putting a sock in their mouth so to speak lol. You have to not take what people are saying sometimes though to seriously. Just let it slide, that is usually what I do... it works.

Dont worry, Rashad is going to lose to Machida. I promise ;)[/quote']

Thank you. See your cool "Iwish". I just don't like it when people who think they know everything on a certain subject act like their all high and mighty and that their the only authority on the subject. The moment someone has a different point of view, they criticise that other person. As if their opinions are the only ones that matter and are right all the time. I mean I'm pretty sure that's not the message their trying to portray. But when people act like that and say stuff like "Oh your not a true fan because this this that and that" it just comes off like your full of yourself and if you know everything. And that's wrong. Like I said, everyone has their own opinion and should be respected.

And I hope your right. Because if Rashad loses, I'm sending the assasins to your place to take ya out for making empty promises ;), lol. Nah but for real, I'm pretty sure he'll beat Rashad. I'm hoping he knocks him OUT though. But, we'll see.

PS, the rest of you all...your just crazy, lol...

I agree with your comment on Rashads disrespect to Rampage,

Let me tell you this to all UFC fans.....

I am related to Rashad Evans by marriage... He is very rude and conceited and big headed because of his fame.

He was in San Diego for the Jan 25 WEC fight with my Brother in Laws Father. He called and said he would be coming over after the fight to meet his cousins family and other relatives. They waited all night and even kept the little ones up late waiting.. END RESULT WAS A NO SHOW!!! Rashad seems to have forgotten his roots and just exactly where he came from and how he was hanging out with his cousin from Niagra Falls NY....He is too good to even speak on the phone with his own family!!!!

I WANTED TO SEE RAMPAGE KNOCK THAT BLOCK OFF HIS SHOULDERS AND BRING HIM BACK TO REALITY!!! YOU NEVER FORGET WHO YOU ARE OR WHERE YOU CAME FROM ESPECIALLY YOUR FAMILY......Rashad will loose his belt!!!

Yeah' date=' why was Rampage even IN the octagon?? Ohhh that's right, HE had just finished a fight so he belonged there. Rashad, whether he was sent by Dana or was there to see his friend, was the one that didn't belong. I have no problem with what happened but if there is a "guilty party" I would lean toward Rashad.[/quote']

Rampage made the disrespectful comments, that's why he's the one, if anybody, that is at fault for the situation. And like rashad has said since the incident, and I'll paraphrase for you, " he knew he wasn't healthy enough to actually fight at UFC98 anyway." He made the standoff a confrontation. Not Evans. I don't know why this is so difficult to understand for people. I have said numerous times on here that the next challenger should stay the f*** on the outside of the cage after matches, like Lesnar did with Mir, however that is not a decision made by the fighters, you can't blame Rashad for being in the ring. I'll repeat, if you don't like rashad that's fine, but find a real reason not this horse sh** about being in the cage after a fight. it's pretty lame.

yeah every time i ever see rashad speeking i like him a litle less. as for sqauring up to rampage after the jardine fight, i enjoyed it, it got me real excited for the fight(which isn't happening now yeooooo) but yeah i came away from it thinking rashad is an *******. maybe he needs to do **** like that to get himself built up to fight, i don't know. he'll have his ego checked when he fights lyoto (who i also don't like though for very different reasons)

Rampage made the disrespectful comments' date=' that's why he's the one, if anybody, that is at fault for the situation. And like rashad has said since the incident, and I'll paraphrase for you, " he knew he wasn't healthy enough to actually fight at UFC98 anyway." He made the standoff a confrontation. Not Evans. I don't know why this is so difficult to understand for people. I have said numerous times on here that the next challenger should stay the f*** on the outside of the cage after matches, like Lesnar did with Mir, however that is not a decision made by the fighters, you can't blame Rashad for being in the ring. I'll repeat, if you don't like rashad that's fine, but find a real reason not this horse sh** about being in the cage after a fight. it's pretty lame.[/quote']

I understand that people like you are only interested in reading your own self-indulgent bull**** posts because you think you know everything when you obviously don't but if you actually read my post, it SAYS "whether he was sent by Dana or was there to see his friend". Rampage had just finished a fight and got confronted while still in battle mode, adrenaline flowing. I have NO problem with the confrontation. The point of my post, which again you would know if you took a minute to understand it, was that IF there was blame to be assigned, that it was on Shad and not Page. Also, I do like Rashad. You assuming that I don't like him is just proof that you interpret things however you want or completely fabricate them altogether.

ive noticed american fighters are more likely to act in such a way. fighters from other countries tend to be more respectful and less arrogant. that being said, i was loving it! it pumped me up to see those guys im each others face like that. rashad was clearly taking it more seriously but rampage could talk **** in his sleep ! he was just having fun-you know rampage.

ive noticed american fighters are more likely to act in such a way. fighters from other countries tend to be more respectful and less arrogant. that being said' date=' i was loving it! it pumped me up to see those guys im each others face like that. rashad was clearly taking it more seriously but rampage could talk **** in his sleep ! he was just having fun-you know rampage.[/quote']

You're completely right, trash talk is completely an American invented thing. Canadians try to copy it but end up sounding silly when we say "I'm gonna kick your @ss.....eh!"

What would Muhhamad Ali have been without trash talk????

John McEnroe without his rants?

Hockey without figthts?

I could go on

EXACTLY' date=' thats what I look for. Rampage says things like "chucks the man, and always was" in interviews after he beat him twice, and after he beat Jardine he was joking around about getting kicked in the ****, and how Jardine hurt him and gave a great fight. He also right after the Forrest fight said he just "got his **** whopped". I dont OVERLY like Rampage but I respect him to the end because the way he deals with alot of situations. Rashad I just hate because of the way he is ****y. Hes so serious and looks like a WWE guy IMO sometimes with the things he does and says....I dont know if I want Machida to win (hes my favourite fighter) or Rashad to win, so he can fight Rampage because we all know how the last fight ended between Rampage and someone who disrespected him lol

after he beat him twice[/quote']

im pretty sure that when Rashad loses, he would have to fight rampage to get another shot.

Im sure alot of people started disliking Rashad b/c of his ****iness on the show. Thats how Koscheck got a bad stigma.

I know exactly how it feels to be competing' date=' you get worked up and caught up in the moment. So I tend to judge fighters how they act outside the ring rather then IN the ring. When your adrenaline is pumping like that theres no telling how you'd act until your there.[/quote']

Def agree with you on fighters getting caught up in the moment....But look at the way Rashad acted after he knocked out Chuck, he gave him no respect at all...

Cred where cred is due but as Shamrock said you should respect the other fighter whether you win or lose..

My 2 cents

Hanging for Lyoto to knock Rashad the fu_k out :)

Def agree with you on fighters getting caught up in the moment....But look at the way Rashad acted after he knocked out Chuck' date=' he gave him no respect at all...

Cred where cred is due but as Shamrock said you should respect the other fighter whether you win or lose..

My 2 cents

Hanging for Lyoto to knock Rashad the fu_k out :)[/quote']

well.........

alot of fighters have there signature thing.

chuck - fist down at his side yelling

rampage - always howling

tito - digging a grave

vera - his hula hula walk

pierre - doing backflips

??? - who did the push ups

when i think about that, what rashad did doesnt seem so bad. gotta admit when i first saw it i though the same as you. after mulling it over most fighter celebrate, not run over and say "are you ok?"

well.........

alot of fighters have there signature thing.

chuck - fist down at his side yelling

rampage - always howling

tito - digging a grave

vera - his hula hula walk

pierre - doing backflips

??? - who did the push ups

when i think about that' date=' what rashad did doesnt seem so bad. gotta admit when i first saw it i though the same as you. after mulling it over most fighter celebrate, not run over and say "are you ok?"[/quote']

Very true....I guess i was in shock when it happened so when he did that lil jig i was like "your a goose"..

Archived