UFC may be getting too GREEDY

KCberv

Multiple MMA news sites are reporting UFC is now taking on Wal-Mart in it's latest apparel bans. UFC fighters will no longer be allowed to wear shirts from MMA Authentics and its related brands, according to a report on MMAPayout.com.

MMA Authentics is a company out of ohio with the brand names; Cage Fighter, Familia Gladitoria and MMA Elite. They recently grabbed some shelf space at Wal-Mart in over 2200 stores for their MMA Elite brand.

Sources say that the reason for the ban was a dispute over the shelf space at Wal-Mart. Dana White said that wasn't the case on Tapout Radio, but a Wal-Mart executive was quoted as saying, "The UFC felt they were just going to walk in and get it. They were unreasonable all the way across the board."

MMA Authentics is the 3rd member of the latest ban list which includes Affliction, and Xtreme Couture.

Fighters affected include Chuck Liddell, Forrest Griffin, BJ Penn, Marcus Davis, Michael Bisping, Brandon Vera, Urijah Faber, Roger Huerta and Sam Stout.

Alienating the biggest retail corporation in the world probably isn't the best business move. BIG SURPRISE that they can't cut a deal with HBO/Showtime or ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX to get the UFC that NFL like exposure, but the image that Dana White projects almost like he's in character during interviews, every news story that quotes him has tons of [expletive] everywhere, probably doesn't help the UFC in trying to secure business relationships with actual professionals. Just a thought.

Multiple MMA news sites are reporting UFC is now taking on Wal-Mart in it's latest apparel bans. UFC fighters will no longer be allowed to wear shirts from MMA Authentics and its related brands' date=' according to a report on MMAPayout.com.

MMA Authentics is a company out of ohio with the brand names; Cage Fighter, Familia Gladitoria and MMA Elite. They recently grabbed some shelf space at Wal-Mart in over 2200 stores for their MMA Elite brand.

Sources say that the reason for the ban was a dispute over the shelf space at Wal-Mart. Dana White said that wasn't the case on Tapout Radio, but a Wal-Mart executive was quoted as saying, "The UFC felt they were just going to walk in and get it. They were unreasonable all the way across the board."

MMA Authentics is the 3rd member of the latest ban list which includes Affliction, and Xtreme Couture.

Fighters affected include Chuck Liddell, Forrest Griffin, BJ Penn, Marcus Davis, Michael Bisping, Brandon Vera, Urijah Faber, Roger Huerta and Sam Stout.[/quote']

this is old news man, they are not greedy, the UFC is all business so it is what it is, the UFC isnt number one for no reason.

here is a article i pulled up that dates back to october so this is really old news

http://www.mmafighting.com/news/2008/10/23/ufc-bans-mma-authentics-cage-fighter

Same personality' date=' same " strong arm" business tactics, and treat their employees the same way. One runs an MMA empire the other a professional wrestling empire.[/quote']

your whack man, the UFC knows what they are doing and dont get Dana White angry by giving him a false label.

Extreme Couture is made by Affliction.

Still? I thought Xtreme Couture cancelled that contract because of that crazy guy from Affliction threatening them. Beard?.. anyways I just figured there was a contract dispute and that was that. Couture definitely needs to find someone else (Kitsura) to start making the designs ;) It would work if they put the Xtreme Couture name on it.

your whack man' date=' the UFC knows what they are doing and dont get Dana White angry by giving him a false label.[/quote']

Dana runs it well that is all I have to say.

I'll throw Donald Trump into the same mold. Its not a bad thing for them, they are millionaires. They are just arrogant, and the Walmart snafu proves it about Dana. He could care less that he is adversley affecting his own employees. But hey, thats how he operates, and thats his perrogative. I could care less how he handles his business as long as he keeps puting on quality shows for me to watch. Relagating Fitch to an undercard was weak however

your whack man' date=' the UFC knows what they are doing and dont get Dana White angry by giving him a false label.[/quote']

I'll take that as an illiterate compliment :) Are you saying Vince McMahon doesn't know what he is doing from a business standpoint? Oh, and I am in no way saying UFC is like the WWE. I've been watching the UFC my whole life and wouldn't try to compare the two businesses, I'm comparing the businessmen.

Two things. first of all, vince McMahon is no genious either. He is lucky, to say the least, that he is where he is. He screwed over all of the other promoters in the North American market to get to be number one. Something he did inspite of assurances from his well-respected father before his passing that he wouldn't. And he was well on his way to losing the battle with WCW before Time Warner merged with AOL and Turner no longer personally ran the finances of the promotion. Since winning the battle he has effectively fallen further down the ladder in PPV buys and ratings yearly in spite of no competition and has all but killed his chances with demographics over the age of 14 by watering down his programming to pathetic standards. Secondly, the Dana White comparison to Vince is accurate to the extent that dana actually models some of the management style of Vince and puts himself as a character and as the biggest figure in his sport. I think he does and has done an effective job but I do think that he has taken the sport as far as he can and he should not be relevant anymore except for behind the scenes. He has to recognize that he's played out as a TV character and that he's taking limelight from real talent, but much like Vince, he's too conceited to realize that it's not really about him. you need guuys like him to get it there, but once you're there they need to go. Or at least step back behind the scenes only. Make randy couture the president after he retires when nog beats him.

Two things. first of all' date=' vince McMahon is no genious either. He is lucky, to say the least, that he is where he is. He screwed over all of the other promoters in the North American market to get to be number one. Something he did inspite of assurances from his well-respected father before his passing that he wouldn't. And he was well on his way to losing the battle with WCW before Time Warner merged with AOL and Turner no longer personally ran the finances of the promotion. Since winning the battle he has effectively fallen further down the ladder in PPV buys and ratings yearly in spite of no competition and has all but killed his chances with demographics over the age of 14 by watering down his programming to pathetic standards. Secondly, the Dana White comparison to Vince is accurate to the extent that dana actually models some of the management style of Vince and puts himself as a character and as the biggest figure in his sport. I think he does and has done an effective job but I do think that he has taken the sport as far as he can and he should not be relevant anymore except for behind the scenes. He has to recognize that he's played out as a TV character and that he's taking limelight from real talent, but much like Vince, he's too conceited to realize that it's not really about him. you need guuys like him to get it there, but once you're there they need to go. Or at least step back behind the scenes only. Make randy couture the president after he retires when nog beats him.[/quote']

This is my observation as well only a bit more thought out, but the last sentance is false with regards to the fight ;)

This is my observation as well only a bit more thought out' date=' but the last sentance is false with regards to the fight ;)[/quote']

either way, it's a fight that should have happened years ago. I think Nog has it in him to win a decision. although, mayabe randy gets the benefit of the doubt in most judges eyes.

Archived