Finally the ufc is coming to philly

kingkev77

Think its going to be finalized soon.just don't know who's on card except forrest griffin.

I'm from the area too. The tentative card looks like this;

Lightweight Championship bout: B.J. Penn vs. Kenny Florian

Light Heavyweight bout: Forrest Griffin vs. Thiago Silva

Lightweight bout: Josh Neer vs. Kurt Pellegrino

Lightweight bout: Thiago Tavares vs. Melvin Guillard

Welterweight bout: Matt Riddle vs. Dan Cramer

Welterweight bout: Danillo Villefort vs. Jesse Lennox

I've also read that they're looking to get some local guys on it like Frankie Edgar (Toms River, NJ) and Brian Stann (Scranton, PA). It's going to be great though. I can't wait.

I've also read that they're looking to get some local guys on it like Frankie Edgar (Toms River' date=' NJ) and Brian Stann (Scranton, PA). It's going to be great though. I can't wait.[/quote']

well its gonna be good on ppv dammit not live im from oregon lol u can see why this card pissed me off lol but 102 is in oregon lol so hey wonder who gets ufc 102 when they take it outta oregon :( lol

i'll take....

Kenflo

Griffin

Pellegrino

Guillard (maybe' date=' maybe not)

Riddle (though i might have to watch Cramers last fight to notice any improvement)

undecided on Villefort/Lennox right now.

I've also read that they're looking to get some local guys on it like Frankie Edgar (Toms River, NJ) and Brian Stann (Scranton, PA). It's going to be great though. I can't wait.

too bad no Eddie Alvarez

Was there ever any word on what Alvarez is doing after Bellator? Is he going back to Japan or to the UFC?

I haven't heard anything about what he's signed for or plans to do after Bellator on Friday. I know he feels like he's one of the best in the world and wants to prove that outside of Japan. I hope he comes to the UFC.

i dont see him coming to the UFC any time soon honestly. maybe in a year or so' date=' but who knows.

he is good, he isnt top 5 imo or anything, but i do enjoy watching him.[/quote']

I don't think he'll be in the UFC any time soon either and I also don't think he's top 5. I do think he would be good enough in the UFC to have entertaining fights with some of the top guys though.

The section of Philly where he's from, Kensington, is a pretty rough area. I used to hang out there alot and know alot of people that grew up there, including my wife and yes, she can fight too : )

alvarez used to be a 170 so the 145 thing might be stretch. He'll destroy the winner of thompson v melendez in Strikeforce next, and if they're smart they'll bring in JZ as well and have a division that rivals the UFC. alvarez is quite rightly ranked number 3 by most observers. He is a very good fighter. I actually thought he might be number 1 until aoki pulled that carzy heal hook. good aggressive standup and all world wrestling, this guy is miles better than most 155s. I think diego would give him a go and Penn would have a chance but he'd run through every other UFC lightweight easily. Even KenFlo, although I think Kenny has improved he just doesn't matchup well against Eddie. Sherk would also get destroyed, wrestling would nullify itself and eddie would outstrike him.

Aoki, Alvarez, Kawajiri, Mach (I like him...), Gomi, JZ and Joachim I would like to see in the UFC. any of them would make me happy. BJ only has to beat like three more people and then there is no one left to challenge him anymore in the UFC. He beats Sherk again, maybe Tyson, and Florian, then there is no one really left to beat. Sure you can make arguments for some, but at this time, they look to be the three major guys. Diego maybe, if he looks better in some of his future matches, because right now he looks AWFUL compared to Sherk or Florian.

The section of Philly where he's from' date=' Kensington, is a pretty rough area. I used to hang out there alot and know alot of people that grew up there, including my wife and yes, she can fight too : )[/quote']

yeah i'll second that. one of the many rough sections in philly. i lived in w. philly for 1 year and n. philly for 5 years. broad and girard area. ouch. glad i made it out of there, have lots of stories. those neighborhood's are---------- a little run down. to say the least.

alvarez used to be a 170 so the 145 thing might be stretch. He'll destroy the winner of thompson v melendez in Strikeforce next' date=' and if they're smart they'll bring in JZ as well and have a division that rivals the UFC. alvarez is quite rightly ranked number 3 by most observers. He is a very good fighter. I actually thought he might be number 1 until aoki pulled that carzy heal hook. good aggressive standup and all world wrestling, this guy is miles better than most 155s. I think diego would give him a go and Penn would have a chance but he'd run through every other UFC lightweight easily. Even KenFlo, although I think Kenny has improved he just doesn't matchup well against Eddie. Sherk would also get destroyed, wrestling would nullify itself and eddie would outstrike him.[/quote']

I love this post. You might rank Eddie a bit higher than I do but I might actually underrate him a little because I don't want to sound like a hometown fanboy. I definitely agree that he'll have his way with Thomson or Melendez.

yeah i'll second that. one of the many rough sections in philly. i lived in w. philly for 1 year and n. philly for 5 years. broad and girard area. ouch. glad i made it out of there' date=' have lots of stories. those neighborhood's are---------- a little run down. to say the least.[/quote']

West and North are no joke. I spent some time in both areas, 61st & Girard and 3rd & Cambria. I haven't even driven through North for about 10 years.

I believe Thomson and Melendez would be disowned by Alvarez. In a really bad way too. Actually' date=' in a terrible way. Sort of similar to death, but more like shock, or stroke.[/quote']

Those 2 clowns were the headlines on the late night Strikeforce replays for like 3 weeks in a row. I've seen grass seed info-mercials that were more entertaining. Not only would Alavarez pulverize them but I think some of the guys from Alvarez' neighborhood in Philly would give them a fight.

Those 2 clowns were the headlines on the late night Strikeforce replays for like 3 weeks in a row. I've seen grass seed info-mercials that were more entertaining. Not only would Alavarez pulverize them but I think some of the guys from Alvarez' neighborhood in Philly would give them a fight.

please just say u were joking and i will leave it at that.

Thomson and Melendez are legit.

I agree with "legit". They're definitely professional fighters. I said this in another thread here somewhere- I understand that it's part of a commentators job to hype the fighters for the organization but to hear Ken Sham___ talking about Thomson as a top p4p in the world is just a bit over the top. I don't think either of these guys would get close to a title shot in the UFC, let alone actually win a title. Maybe I underrate them but I think they would fit well in the WEC with Varner, Cerrone, McCullough, etc., and that's not a knock on the WEC LWs. That division has put on some pretty good fights.

Lindland would get handled as well against most of the Dream MWs IMO. Mousasi would have a field day, Jacare I think would tap him, Manhoef... if he could prevent a takedown, he could win as well.

Lindland would lose against most of the top UFC guys too such as Marquardt, Maia, Gouveia, Wandy (when he jumps into the ranks), Bisping, Hendo... and if you really need me to name the champ I can but I figured that was just a given.

• 1 month later...
Lindland would get handled as well against most of the Dream MWs IMO. Mousasi would have a field day' date=' Jacare I think would tap him, Manhoef... if he could prevent a takedown, he could win as well.

Lindland would lose against most of the top UFC guys too such as Marquardt, Maia, Gouveia, Wandy (when he jumps into the ranks), Bisping, Hendo... and if you really need me to name the champ I can but I figured that was just a given.[/quote']

Mousasi would handle most MW's in general. Doesnt matter what organization.

Bisping would not beat Lindland. Sorry

Archived