Hi.

mumbles

Not usually one to make a thread off the get go, but thought I would say hi.

Love MMA, been training in it to help me get back into rugby after putting on over 100 pounds in a year, excellent for strength and conditioning.

I'm a keen fan of the UFC, started watching it once just on a countdown to a UFC tournament (cant remember which one) and thought it was really cool how the UFC managed to clear its act up (saw UFC 1 years ago, brutal) seemed a lot more professional now ( then i find out zuffa owns it).

Started watching fight nights, then TUF, then got into doing Muay Thai and BJJ in conjunction with Rugby to help me sort my conditioning out. I've lost about 48 pounds and still got a way to go, loving the watching the UFC too!

... anyway I doubt anyone will read this.

thx

Hi there!

Yea, I am working on getting muscle up too, thing is my body fat ratio to muscle was stupidly high, whereas yours prob was pretty low.

How long you been doing muay thai? I'm off to Thailand in may for 10 days of Muay Thai training in a camp (not sure if im going to pataya or phuket yet, both really cheap).

I go for stranger fighters really, based on style, some peoples attitudes put me off them though so I get the rage watching people like Matt Hughes, Ken Shamrock and other snooty "Everyone owes me" type fighters.

For style I think Lyoto Machida is my favourite fighter at the moment, I love his awkward style, so relentless!

I have a few favourite fighters that i like to watch:

Damien Mai'a

Gabriel Gonzaga

GSP

Chuck Liddell

BJ Penn

Wanderlei Silva

Kendal Grove

Thiago Silva (was torn when he had to fight Lyoto... the result was expected though)

Rampage Jackon

Forrest Griffin

yea... mainly keen on light heavyweight division haha.

Who are your fave fighters?

Thx for the warm welcome =]

Yeah, I didn't have any weight to lose, but I still didn't want to see the scales go up!!!

I haven't been training that long but I love it - I'm doing classes three times a week at the moment. I can't believe you are going to Thailand in May, because I am too! It's for my honeymoon though, not to train at the camps, although I will probably do some lessons while I'm there.

I really want to try some other martial arts too. Where I work actually has the best judo school in the state, so I might give that a go soon.

I'm a big fan of Chuck and Forrest, as well as Patrick Cote and Josh Koscheck. Not saying they're the best fighters, but they inspire me.

Hope you enjoy the forums. :)

Not usually one to make a thread off the get go' date=' but thought I would say hi.

Love MMA, been training in it to help me get back into rugby after putting on over 100 pounds in a year, excellent for strength and conditioning.

I'm a keen fan of the UFC, started watching it once just on a countdown to a UFC tournament (cant remember which one) and thought it was really cool how the UFC managed to clear its act up (saw UFC 1 years ago, brutal) seemed a lot more professional now ( then i find out zuffa owns it).

Started watching fight nights, then TUF, then got into doing Muay Thai and BJJ in conjunction with Rugby to help me sort my conditioning out. I've lost about 48 pounds and still got a way to go, loving the watching the UFC too!

... anyway I doubt anyone will read this.

thx[/quote']

Hi Mumbles,

What kinda Rugby do you play League or Union?

I know pro teams practice wrestling,judo and boxing, so if its good enough for them it is good enough for you my friend..

Well done so far with your weight loss !

Yeah' date=' I didn't have any weight to lose, but I still didn't want to see the scales go up!!!

I haven't been training that long but I love it - I'm doing classes three times a week at the moment. I can't believe you are going to Thailand in May, because I am too! It's for my honeymoon though, not to train at the camps, although I will probably do some lessons while I'm there.

I really want to try some other martial arts too. Where I work actually has the best judo school in the state, so I might give that a go soon.

I'm a big fan of Chuck and Forrest, as well as Patrick Cote and Josh Koscheck. Not saying they're the best fighters, but they inspire me.

Hope you enjoy the forums. :)[/quote']

Congrats on getting married, you'll find a week of classes in a group in thailand really wont stretch over 20 USD, so really if you do a few lessons i would probably do private ones! Otherwise daily massages (so cheap!) tuk tuk rides and a beach somewhere is what you need. Drinks are cheap too, pickling a liver is not that hard out there...

Dont like Josh Koscheck, true, he's grown as a fighter but yea i dunno, there is just something about him that doesnt settle with me.

CHUCKYBETTY: I play rugby Union, I play blind side flank and I have to say I know plenty of teams in the UK and Australia that take on wrestling, judo and boxing, I just find as per my interest though muay thai and bjj are the most interestng for me. Plus if i have to be honest im a little nervous with judo pundits tossing you everywhere.... bit full on!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! =] not as ruthless and somethingawful or other forums...

Congrats on getting married' date=' you'll find a week of classes in a group in thailand really wont stretch over 20 USD, so really if you do a few lessons i would probably do private ones! Otherwise daily massages (so cheap!) tuk tuk rides and a beach somewhere is what you need. Drinks are cheap too, pickling a liver is not that hard out there...

Dont like Josh Koscheck, true, he's grown as a fighter but yea i dunno, there is just something about him that doesnt settle with me.

CHUCKYBETTY: I play rugby Union, I play blind side flank and I have to say I know plenty of teams in the UK and Australia that take on wrestling, judo and boxing, I just find as per my interest though muay thai and bjj are the most interestng for me. Plus if i have to be honest im a little nervous with judo pundits tossing you everywhere.... bit full on!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! ='] not as ruthless and somethingawful or other forums...

Mumbles,

I am sorry if you thought i was suggesting you should follow the pros, by doing Judo and wrestling,

I was trying to say it is cool how you already do train like a pro by training MMA.:o

Sorry about that, and welcome,

Archived