ufc vs affliction

PipRock

the good and the bad:

having thought about it, i don't think the counter-programming is good for mma at all, but i wouldn't blame affliction either. i like that affliction would be pushing back, but overall it's a bad thing. i'm all for there being multiple organizations, but this counter-programming, trash-talkin thing is really stupid. i hope affliction survives and we just get mma...

After giving it some thought, i''ve come to the conclusion that Affliction should run a card on the same night as UFC 100. They shouldn't counter it though. the UFC has been stupid and not airing it's prelim fights on Spike or any other channel and Affliction should capitalize on the salivating MMA market for that night and run it's card directly before UFC100's main card starts. Every bar in North America would air it if it's on free t.v. and it would give Affliction the chance to be a warm up act for UFC100 and maybe get more fanbase. It would also make for the greatest night of fights in MMA history. Just think about watching Fedor v Barnett, Tito v Babalu, Sokoudjou v Mousasi, Buentello v Yvel, and maybe even Arlovski v Cro Cop right before the equally awesome UFC card. This could be the ratings break they need to run another PPV. I still thnk the only chance anyone has to compete with UFC is if Dream, Strikeforce, and Affliction combine to all fight under WAMMA and for WAMMA belts, and I do think It will happen, but this Affliction card could be the catalyst for nonUFC events to get the audience to give the UFC a run.

I acknowledge the UFC does have most of the best fighters, but there are many other great warriors not in the UFC ( Diaz, Fedor, Barnett, Melendez, Shields, Fabor... to name a few I like to watch) and being a fight junkie I want to see all of them fight. That being said I hope Affliction, Strikeforce, WEC, and Dream all keep putting on events to showcase the fighters they have. In a perfect world it would be great to have only one league with all the fighters together so we could see all the best match-ups but that will never happen. The sport is growing so fast its a great time to be a fan. I love the UFC but don't think it would be good if they were the only show around. We need other promotions to give fighters other options to showcase their skills. Hell No, Affliction is nothing like fake WWE it is the real deal, with real studs So is Striceforce, WEC and Dream, keep the fights coming!

I like Affliction. They put a big sock in a lot of peoples mouths who said that Fedor was overrated/sucked and would get raped by the UFC guys. Enough said on that one.

The problem with Affliction is that they have a bunch of morons running their marketing and ad campaign. WhoTF makes massive shows in the very beginning with headliners that would be sellouts, if you never had a show and the general public has no idea who you are? Does this make sense? no. It just means you are asking to go bankrupt if you have a short supply of money. I hope they stay, but it more then likely wont happen.

If Dream made a HW division I could see Fedor being in the GP/tourney and raping some HWs himself.

u got something against them?? why?? they're not ufc?? did they hurt your family or something?? hurt your feelings?? what??

uh. haha? you retarded?

yes. affliction raped my mother.

it's common sense. the only reason they'll get views is if it is free to watch. if you have to choose between buying the next affliction card or UFC 100, and chose the affliction card that has no good fights on it, then you're retarded, plain and simple. Affliction has only had two shows so far and they want to compete with the top MMA organization in the world. it's stupid. i don't care how much t-shirt money they have/had.

if you actually think affliction can compete with the UFC than i'm assuming you hit your head or don't understand

uh. haha? you retarded?

it's common sense. the only reason they'll get views is if it is free to watch. if you have to choose between buying the next affliction card or UFC 100' date=' and chose the affliction card that has no good fights on it, then you're retarded, plain and simple. Affliction has only had two shows so far and they want to compete with the top MMA organization in the world. it's stupid. i don't care how much t-shirt money they have/had.

if you actually think affliction can compete with the UFC than i'm assuming you hit your head or don't understand[/quote']

nah bro, you must be retarded. for even thinking that it'd be a ppv show and suggesting that anyone would be dumb enough to buy it over ufc 100. that makes YOU the retard.

uh. haha? you retarded?

it's common sense. the only reason they'll get views is if it is free to watch. if you have to choose between buying the next affliction card or UFC 100' date=' and chose the affliction card that has no good fights on it, then you're retarded, plain and simple. Affliction has only had two shows so far and they want to compete with the top MMA organization in the world. it's stupid. i don't care how much t-shirt money they have/had.

if you actually think affliction can compete with the UFC than i'm assuming you hit your head or don't understand[/quote']

nah bro' date=' you must be retarded. for even thinking that it'd be a ppv show and suggesting that anyone would be dumb enough to buy it over ufc 100. that makes YOU the retard.[/quote']

I think you guys are both retarted for spending money on ppv.

I dont ever pay lol

I think you guys are both retarted for spending money on ppv.

I dont ever pay lol

If you don't pay because you are using torrents or some similar method, you are stealing.

Regardless, paying for a PPV that you want to see is not retarded.

Torrents is not stealing' date=' sorry to burst your bubble. In my country it is 100% legal.[/quote']

The torrent software is legal. Using them to transfer copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright holder is illegal in both of our countries. (I believe you are from Canada.) It is also illegal in almost every country in the world by International Treaty; see the Berne Convention. There are currently 164 countries that are party to this treaty. In addition all members of the World Treaty Organization are required to be a party to the Berne Convention.

As someone who has created a number of copyrighted works, I have a strong feeling about the issue. I fell that if you wish to use copyrighted material, you should use it in the way the copyright holder has approved.

Regardless, if you wish the sport to grow and become more mainstream, it has to be able to make a decent profit. Most of the bigger promotions in the US are not making a profit. That is why they are failing right and left. If you want to support the sport, and your name says you do, then you need to support it financially.

Of course you can continue to do what you want. I only bring this up because you seem to think that it is stupid to pay for the PPVs and a good thing to get them through the torrents. If too many other fans are influenced by your posts, the sport will have a hard time growing. I don't think either of us want that.

The torrent software is legal. Using them to transfer copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright holder is illegal in both of our countries. (I believe you are from Canada.) It is also illegal in almost every country in the world by International Treaty; see the Berne Convention. There are currently 164 countries that are party to this treaty. In addition all members of the World Treaty Organization are required to be a party to the Berne Convention.

As someone who has created a number of copyrighted works' date=' I have a strong feeling about the issue. I fell that if you wish to use copyrighted material, you should use it in the way the copyright holder has approved.

Regardless, if you wish the sport to grow and become more mainstream, it has to be able to make a decent profit. Most of the bigger promotions in the US are not making a profit. That is why they are failing right and left. If you want to support the sport, and your name says you do, then you need to support it financially.

Of course you can continue to do what you want. I only bring this up because you seem to think that it is stupid to pay for the PPVs and a good thing to get them through the torrents. If too many other fans are influenced by your posts, the sport will have a hard time growing. I don't think either of us want that.[/quote']

Firstly I would like to point out to you that Bittorrent is NOT illegal, the uses of it are not either in Canada. Downloading is LEGAL and our country protects the citizens that do it. If you do not believe me, look this information up as it will more then likely surprise you A LOT.

Secondly, your feelings are your feelings. Copyrighted stuff has been loopholed a lot of times, and this is just one of them.

Thirdly, I am but one of MILLIONS of people, and I am one of the 30 million plus that live in my country that get this option. To say that because I am not funding them, that I am not supporting the sport is completely ridiculous. You are looking at ONE of the ways that you can support this sport, and not the +100 others. You can help gyms out, the athletes by buying their books, training with the athletes for a fight, helping with their diets ETC. Finances are just money, and the only people that truely need the money are the fans, and the fighters. The business does, but not nearly as much as the fighters and fans.

I never once said it is stupid to pay for PPVs. If you missed a pay per view and you want to see it, and you live in Canada, then use something to download it, such as Bit Torrent. And again I will point out that this sport is not going to have a hard time growing. It is growing at an exponential level, and to say that 10000 People who did not buy the PPV are going to lower the sports interest level is again, absurd.

Archived