Condit impressed me in defeat

thebutterflybee

Based on his performance last night, I was really impressed with Carlos Condit, both in his performance, and in his behaviour after losing. He was very gracious, and realised that even though the decision went against him, he proved that he was legit against a genuinely good WW.

I admit that I for one was a bit wary because of the step up in level from the WEC to fighting Kampman straight away, but I think he showed he will be able to hang with most of the top guys in the division, and I was happy to be proved wrong. He might not necessarily beat the top guys, not yet anyways, but he isnt going to get destroyed by nobodies, thats for sure.

Good fight. I enjoyed that.

Ok, first of all the kampmann VS Condit fight was a good fight..however, what is all this talk about Condit may have shown he can hang in the UFC. Condit won that fight!! I am not biased in the outcome, considering that i am not a huge Condit or Kampmann fan. But what fight was everyone else watching? He landed better punches, elbows, body kicks, FLUSH knees, took Kampmanns back, mounted, Kampmann couldn't pass his guard, and Kampmann was the one with the beat up face. How did Kampmann win that fight, anyone?? I guess if your on top the most or continuously go for the laziest submission in mma (guillotene chock) then your a winner..WTF anyone??

Ok' date=' first of all the kampmann VS Condit fight was a good fight..however, what is all this talk about Condit may have shown he can hang in the UFC. Condit won that fight!! I am not biased in the outcome, considering that i am not a huge Condit or Kampmann fan. But what fight was everyone else watching? He landed better punches, elbows, body kicks, FLUSH knees, took Kampmanns back, mounted, Kampmann couldn't pass his guard, and Kampmann was the one with the beat up face. How did Kampmann win that fight, anyone?? I guess if your on top the most or continuously go for the laziest submission in mma (guillotene chock) then your a winner..WTF anyone??[/quote']

I'm sorry but I did not see it that way.

Ok' date=' first of all the kampmann VS Condit fight was a good fight..however, what is all this talk about Condit may have shown he can hang in the UFC. Condit won that fight!! I am not biased in the outcome, considering that i am not a huge Condit or Kampmann fan. But what fight was everyone else watching? He landed better punches, elbows, body kicks, FLUSH knees, took Kampmanns back, mounted, Kampmann couldn't pass his guard, and Kampmann was the one with the beat up face. How did Kampmann win that fight, anyone?? I guess if your on top the most or continuously go for the laziest submission in mma (guillotene chock) then your a winner..WTF anyone??[/quote']

Well Ill help you out. Kampmann had the most takedowns and control in the fight. He was also landing strikes, and went for the most SUBs out of either fighter. A couple were locked in but Condit barely escaped. Condit may have one the first round, but he definitely didnt win the second or third, especially the third.

Kampmann was GNPing the hell out of Condit in the third, and Condit barely did anything. It was a good fight, but an easy decision to make IMO.

Note again I will say Cecil Peoples cannot judge a fight

Fair enough i guess..I would not argue that kampmann won the third round, just by the fact that he had more control, but much of his ground and pound was not landing. I would have given Condit the first two rounds..but yes Condit def lost the third. Not impressed at all with Kampmanns sub attempts, imo Condit was never in trouble..Condits guard was way too advanced for Kampmann to pass, much better bjj. He was more aggresive pushed the pace, split kampmanns face open and bruised it up..there wasn't a mark on his..Kampmann was headed to the doctor for stitches, thats what happens when you absorb the more clean shots! Im just frustrated becuase once agin, i feel like bjj is overlooked and not scored correctly, any muscle bound mo fo can throw on guillotene chokes big deal.

I thought Kampmann won rounds 1 and 3. I guess I'm in the minority on here when it comes to which round Condit won. I thought he won the second. Maybe I'll have to go and rewatch. If Condit didn't win the second then in my eyes I'm not sure he won any round. Although, the fight was pretty close and I actually think if it was WEC and a five round title fight condit would have won the last 2 rounds and pulled it out. But that doesn't matter, of course.

I thought Kampmann won rounds 1 and 3. I guess I'm in the minority on here when it comes to which round Condit won. I thought he won the second. Maybe I'll have to go and rewatch. If Condit didn't win the second then in my eyes I'm not sure he won any round. Although' date=' the fight was pretty close and I actually think if it was WEC and a five round title fight condit would have won the last 2 rounds and pulled it out. But that doesn't matter, of course.[/quote']

I agree I think Kampman won the first round... or did enough to win it. THird round definitely Kampman.

Ok' date=' first of all the kampmann VS Condit fight was a good fight..however,[b'] what is all this talk about Condit may have shown he can hang in the UFC[/b]. Condit won that fight!! I am not biased in the outcome, considering that i am not a huge Condit or Kampmann fan. But what fight was everyone else watching? He landed better punches, elbows, body kicks, FLUSH knees, took Kampmanns back, mounted, Kampmann couldn't pass his guard, and Kampmann was the one with the beat up face. How did Kampmann win that fight, anyone?? I guess if your on top the most or continuously go for the laziest submission in mma (guillotene chock) then your a winner..WTF anyone??

FYI dude, I said hang with the top guys in the division, not just anybody.

And I know you said you didnt think Condit was ever in any trouble, well in his own words he mentioned how lucky it was that the second guillotine in round 1 came with only 10 seconds to go, cos if it had been earlier in the round he would have had to tap. Rounds 1 and 2 were close and could be judged differently from different angles and perspectives, whihc is why I said I was impressed with the way he handled himself in defeat. He knows it could have goe the other way, but he didnt bitc* about it. He had nothing to lose coming into this fight as long as he put in a good performance, and I think he surpassed that.

Condit lost round 2 and round 3. He was the one getting taken down and having the SUBs done to him, not the other way around. He may have had a takedown in round two, and reversed positions, but if he reversed a position, then Kampmann reversed it right back. IMO round 2 was Kampmanns, and round 3 was an exclamation point for the win.

Again... Cecil Peoples :rolleyes:

Archived