Condit won.

werall1

Carlos Condit won the first two rounds last night against Kampmann, which means he should have won the fight. Condit landed the flush shots, knees to the head, elbows that split open Kampmann's face, body kicks, took his back and almost sunk in the rear naked choke. Kampmann barely dragged Condit to the ground a few times, and then spent all his energy trying to work through Condits very active and affective guard. I think Kampmann would agree, as he's getting stitches put in his face, that Condit landed the better blows! Im curious to get some detailed feedback at how others saw the fight. I must say it was a close fight, but does being on top and not doing real damage warrent a decision??

I gave Condit round one as well. How did he win round two? He was being controlled and taken down, then he would reverse something and then get reversed again, and put in another SUB. The second round for Condit was all defense and barely any offense compared to Kampmann. I just... I just dont understand.

I also dont understand why people look at strikes as "the most important thing in da fight of da L33T HAxz0Rz of da UFC!"... it baffles me. I think takedowns are over rated that if you land 6 or 7 kicks and punches more on the feet that you should be winning if you get taken down, but SUB attempts I understand are worth more then both because you are trying to finish the fight. Those Guillotines were EXTREMELY close to finishing the fight. Did you guys see Condit almost finishing the fight?? Did you? I didnt... so.............................. I think that speaks for itself.

after the first minute i thought Kampmann was going to lose, but he prevailed. imo i thought it shouldve been a unanimous decision win for Kampmann.

notice that some of these people that think Condit won are the SAME people that think Diaz beat Guida as well? lol

Kampmann won, i honestly dont see where people think the other person won. i honestly think that some people will argue any fight if it is a split decision.

after the first minute i thought Kampmann was going to lose' date=' but he prevailed. imo i thought it shouldve been a unanimous decision win for Kampmann.

notice that some of these people that think Condit won are the SAME people that think Diaz beat Guida as well? lol

Kampmann won, i honestly dont see where people think the other person won. i honestly think that some people will argue any fight if it is a split decision.[/quote']

Yeah, I thought Diaz won. I am saying what my reaction was after both these fights. Was shocked when I heard the result.

I am not gonna change what I thought cause others disagree. Sticking to my guns, as you would. LOL

Yeah' date=' I thought Diaz won. I am saying what my reaction was after both these fights. Was shocked when I heard the result.

I am not gonna change what I thought cause others disagree. Sticking to my guns, as you would. LOL[/quote']

touche!

i still dont see **** Condit won.

i personally only felt that the first round couldve gone either way, but i feel Kampmann took that one as well. both got takedowns, both pulled off some nice transitions, but Kampmann stayed on top more and Condits "sub attempts" werent really that close at all. only a few of them were close and i am talking about the ENTIRE fight here. that one choke had me worried though lol.

control is huge. if u cant finish them, then u just get into a dominate position. when they were on the ground, Kampmann was on top like 85% of the time or more.

thats where i think u guys are thinking certain fighters shouldve won, u dont really base the top or bottom positioning being a big factor, when it is imo.

i dont think i need to explain my thoughts on positioning to u G, u probably understand where i am coming from.

It was a good fight though and pretty close' date=' but I definitely think it deserved a UD IMO... Can we go kill Peoples now? Please start the car engines, find his place and lets do the drive by. It is time. Was he the guy who gave Franklin the 30 - 27?[/quote']

Franklin beat Hendo. 29-28 Franklin imho.

It was a good fight though and pretty close' date=' but I definitely think it deserved a UD IMO... Can we go kill Peoples now? Please start the car engines, find his place and lets do the drive by. It is time. Was he the guy who gave Franklin the 30 - 27?[/quote']

To me, Cecil seemed to be the smart one.

Franklin beat Hendo. 29-28 Franklin imho.

Wow' date=' you are the only person I think to agree with me on that fight. Hendo I thought won the first round (mainly because of that combination after the headbutt) and then got the takedown. The second round Franklin was consistently outpointing him, and landing kicks all damn day. He was eventually taken down, and when he was, he was CONTROLLING HENDO from the bottom. Even though being on top matters, when you land 4 strikes from top position and cannot pass guard at all, there is a signifficant problem, and the fight should be stood up. Also terrible reffing after the headbutts as well.

Round 3 wasnt even questionable. That Eye poke as well should have been a point deducted due to all the other illegal strikes that Hendo landed, or a very strict warning should have been given to Hendo. I like Hendo, but there is a line that needs to be questioned in a fight, and that line was easily questioned the most I have seen in almost any fight.

To me, Cecil seemed to be the smart one.

lol opinions are opinions. In all seriousness though, do you think he is a good judge all the time? Or just this fight?

LOL wow. Did you guys just come out of the wood work now about this!? lol I said this I think when I very first came on the site that this was probably one of the only Splits that I had a strong argument for. Oh well. If only I was a judge.

Dan beat Mir.

LOL wow. Did you guys just come out of the wood work now about this!? lol I said this I think when I very first came on the site that this was probably one of the only Splits that I had a strong argument for. Oh well. If only I was a judge.

i believe i posted my opinion on this when it happened. if i remember right, Kang agreed with me on this as well.

Condit was lucky to have one judge out of three give him the decision. It makes the fight look closer than it really was and doesn't hurt him as much as a UD would. aside from one knee on a standup I don't see Condit doing enough damage to win. Kampmann easily won round 3. Most on here are giving round 2 to Kampmann as well. And I, personally, think even round 1 was Kampmanns. He had a near finish on a tight guillitine and had better position and takedowns all round. The only real damage Condit did in the fight was after getting out of the choke, and Kampmann reversed his position far more efficciently and seemed to have alot more time in control. Condit was a little better in the standup but there was hardly any standup for him to win. All clinch and ground work. And Kampmann easily won that part of the fight. Condit certainly didn't look bad or embarrass himself but he was quite a ways from winning. I did say earlier that I thought he'd have won a 5 round fight but maybe that was not my best moment considering that Kampmann was in good control in the third.

Condit was lucky to have one judge out of three give him the decision. It makes the fight look closer than it really was and doesn't hurt him as much as a UD would. aside from one knee on a standup I don't see Condit doing enough damage to win. Kampmann easily won round 3. Most on here are giving round 2 to Kampmann as well. And I' date=' personally, think even round 1 was Kampmanns. He had a near finish on a tight guillitine and had better position and takedowns all round. The only real damage Condit did in the fight was after getting out of the choke, and Kampmann reversed his position far more efficciently and seemed to have alot more time in control. Condit was a little better in the standup but there was hardly any standup for him to win. All clinch and ground work. And Kampmann easily won that part of the fight. Condit certainly didn't look bad or embarrass himself but he was quite a ways from winning. I did say earlier that I thought he'd have won a 5 round fight but maybe that was not my best moment considering that Kampmann was in good control in the third.[/quote']

exactly.

Do you guys think Carlos will stay in the UFC now? I thought he gave one HELL of a fight for Kampmann.I know "draws" suck' date='but that was a "draw" if I ever saw one IMO,and Tyson Griffin and Rafael,same thing...I couldn't decide a winner for either fight.[/quote']

Yeh I said it on a different thread that I was impressed with him in defeat. He gave a good showing of himself. Yes he lost, but he didnt get completely handled like some people (me I admit) thought he would by Kampmann.

Some ppl will disagree with decision, but I dont think anyone can disagree that he belongs. And the kids only what, 24? Something like that. Good potential.

I actually thought they were gonna give it to Condit because this fight was supposed to be his moment to shine. I was surprised they gave it to Kampmann.

I thought Kampmann won though. Not my much, but a victory regardless. He barely took rd 2 but definitely took rd 3. Condit only won rd 1.

Yeh I said it on a different thread that I was impressed with him in defeat. He gave a good showing of himself. Yes he lost' date=' but he didnt get completely handled like some people (me I admit) thought he would by Kampmann.

Some ppl will disagree with decision, but I dont think anyone can disagree that he belongs. And the kids only what, 24? Something like that. Good potential.[/quote']

No doubt.He did look awesome in defeat.Definitely a qualified and exciting fighter.

I actually thought they were gonna give it to Condit because this fight was supposed to be his moment to shine. I was surprised they gave it to Kampmann.

I thought Kampmann won though. Not my much' date=' but a victory regardless. He barely took rd 2 but definitely took rd 3. Condit only won rd 1.[/quote']

Close fight,a "draw" wouldn't have surprised me.

i agree that Condit won as well... but for some damn reason people see a guy on top and think hes winning... its just not the case... anyone can stand over a guy and do nothing... its takes a skilled peron to have someone standing over you and fight... honestly if you look WAY back in the UFC at the fight between Bas Rutten and Kevin Randelmen... Randlemen tryed to win though lay and pray and Bas beat the snot out of him from the bottom and won the fight... where are thoes judges at now???

i agree that Condit won as well... but for some damn reason people see a guy on top and think hes winning... its just not the case... anyone can stand over a guy and do nothing... its takes a skilled peron to have someone standing over you and fight... honestly if you look WAY back in the UFC at the fight between Bas Rutten and Kevin Randelmen... Randlemen tryed to win though lay and pray and Bas beat the snot out of him from the bottom and won the fight... where are thoes judges at now???

Condit clearly lost round three, and when I did the write up for this fight I watched it very carefully. What I saw was that the round I gave to Condit (round 1) was actually wrong and he technically lost all three rounds via the scoring criteria we use today. He was taken down the most, he had the most SUBs done to him and the only part he was getting the better of was the stand up, but it was not by a serious margin at all.

Round 2 was Kampmann again controlling and attempting SUBs...

Round 3 was 100% Kampmann by a long shot. You guys can read my review if you want of how it went down. It is extremely detailed and shows everything that scored basically.

That fight was as close to a draw as any I've ever seen. It was a blast, I don't think either fighter can walk away feeling they are ranked any lower than they previously were. If anything this fight showed 2 guys who might have previously been less known showing off that they really are top tier in their division. There are very few fighters who could have lasted the 3 rounds those 2 guys went, on either side.

That fight was as close to a draw as any I've ever seen. It was a blast' date=' I don't think either fighter can walk away feeling they are ranked any lower than they previously were. If anything this fight showed 2 guys who might have previously been less known showing off that they really are top tier in their division. There are very few fighters who could have lasted the 3 rounds those 2 guys went, on either side.[/quote']

aye sir, I liked it alot that Kampmann said that straight out (could have gone either way) with Rogan and Condit was so gracious in defeat. It always warms my heart to see fighters shake hands when the final horn goes, this bout had everything I want to see in a fight, maybe a bit more striking that landed but beggars cant be choosers. Somebody said Kampmann couldnt hit Condit in his guard, making it come across as a flaw of Kampmann, but its all credits to Condit

Archived