Why Chuck Liddell will knockout Shogun

ricoj3323

i think Chuck will impressively knockout Shogun because of his decision to make a change and train with ATT and Howard Davis jr. All Chuck needed was something different and a change of training camps. I'm sure Chuck has been working hard on his defense and maybe even going back to his wrestling background. so expect to see a different Chuck at UFC 97

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like Chuck to win and evolve as a fighter! It is a must win for both these fighters. Chuck must come into this fight and show he has good skills. He is a good wrestler and a good kick boxer gone are the days you can just bang away and feel it is enough against some very talented fighters. Just think the (pride) Shogun is gone. Would be so nice to see him ....... !!

Like AB says... you suffer from REDS

Im sorry, Im not a computer nerd so Im not up to par with what your saying, I speak normal English....I suffer from what? Wanting so see a good show? Wanting the UFC to get even more fans by marketing a great fight? Wanting to see if Evans is infact the real deal or just surprised/caught him? Or just the fact that I like seeing hyped up UFC cards....please explain and help me out

Im sorry' date=' Im not a computer nerd so Im not up to par with what your saying, I speak normal English....I suffer from what? Wanting so see a good show? Wanting the UFC to get even more fans by marketing a great fight? Wanting to see if Evans is infact the real deal or just surprised/caught him? Or just the fact that I like seeing hyped up UFC cards....please explain and help me out[/quote']

its got nothing to do with computers/technology. AnthonyBrancato is a die hard Rashad fan... the biggest Rashad fan ever. Drives the Rashad bandwagon... built the Rashad bandwagon.

I know him from another couple forums and I am not a big Rashad fan and wasn't sure if he was legit (especially after the Tito fight which I thought Tito won). ANd a bunch of other posters weren't Rashad fans either so AB coined the term REDS for us ... (Rashad Evans Derangement Syndrome).

its got nothing to do with computers/technology. AnthonyBrancato is a die hard Rashad fan... the biggest Rashad fan ever. Drives the Rashad bandwagon... built the Rashad bandwagon.

I know him from another couple forums and I am not a big Rashad fan and wasn't sure if he was legit (especially after the Tito fight which I thought Tito won). ANd a bunch of other posters weren't Rashad fans either so AB coined the term REDS for us ... (Rashad Evans Derangement Syndrome).

lol oh, well none the less I would love to see that fight again

Shoguns biggest problem is his cardio, he was gassed at the end of the first with coleman. Griffin totally picked him apart and gassed him. Coleman didnt put up half the standup war chuck will put up and chucks gas tank has never been a problem.I look for Chuck to drag him in deep waters and stop him in the 3rd. Shogun never went the distance much in Pride and had alot of quick wins. Shogun better not gas or he will be screwed

This fight has nothing to do with Chuck. Chuck could come in the best shape of his life' date=' be better at every part of the game then he was before, and still lose to Shogun at 100% with excellent cardio. This fight only depends on Shoguns appearance[/quote']

So what you are saying is that you really like Chuck?

This fight has nothing to do with Chuck. Chuck could come in the best shape of his life' date=' be better at every part of the game then he was before, and still lose to Shogun at 100% with excellent cardio. This fight only depends on Shoguns appearance[/quote']

I will sig bet you on this fight.

i think Chuck will impressively knockout Shogun because of his decision to make a change and train with ATT and Howard Davis jr. All Chuck needed was something different and a change of training camps. I'm sure Chuck has been working hard on his defense and maybe even going back to his wrestling background. so expect to see a different Chuck at UFC 97

By "I'm sure", you mean that's exactly what Chuck said in his interview the other day...LOL

I do expect to see his left hand closer to his chin though...and also expect to see him take Shogun down if the standup doesn't go as expected, or when he gets tired as he did with Wandy.

There are/were many more impressive looking fighters than Chuck on paper, but there is also a long list of KO's on his record. I'm sure that every one of them looked at Liddell and said "hmm, he hangs that left hand way out there, and he's easy to hit...yup, I'm going to knock him out".

Shogun will be in top condition. His training is what it should be now. If he loses there will be no excuses. If he loses it'll probably be because he got caught. However, his camp is saying that even a month out from the fight he was in fantastic shape, and he's been training with a National Amature wrestling champion and Demian Maia even for his BJJ. I would say that the chances are excellant that he shows up looking like the Pride Shogun and thoroughly rapes Lidell. Shogun is actually quite new to the sport. he's only 27 and was in his 20s when he started. He jumped right into elite MMA much like GSP did and his upside is much like GSPs as well, there is no limit. There might be easy money to be made betting the house on Shogun. It'll be the last time he isn't favored to easily win for a long time. He proved his health is okay last fight and his cardio and conditioning is back now. Talent wise there is no equal to this guy. This fight should look alot like the Rampage-Shogun fight. Only he might even take chuck down and sub him after he backs him up and smashes him.

Talent wise there is no equal??Yeah' date=' OK!

He said he was in top shape for the Coleman fight, didn't he?

To compare him to GSP is an insult to GSP.[/quote']

He said he was healthy against Coleman, he acknowledged after the fight that he was not anywhere near his cardio peak that night, which is quite obvious. The comparison to GSP comes form the athletic ability and quick study. They are also both very young by MMA standards and were the best fighters in their respective divisions by 25, much earlier than they would be in their physical peak. If you think that there are any fighters at any weight class as well rounded as Shogun is besides GSP feal free to mention them. His BJJ is easily world class and hhe has the most feared standup on the planet. The only striker with a thought of having more talent in that area is Anderson Silva and it is actually debatable. The truth will come out. Maybe he's finished and the people training him are blowing smoke up his a$$. But I doubt it. He'll rape chuck.

He said he was healthy against Coleman' date=' he acknowledged after the fight that he was not anywhere near his cardio peak that night, which is quite obvious. The comparison to GSP comes form the athletic ability and quick study. They are also both very young by MMA standards and were the best fighters in their respective divisions by 25, much earlier than they would be in their physical peak. If you think that there are any fighters at any weight class as well rounded as Shogun is besides GSP feal free to mention them. His BJJ is easily world class and hhe has the most feared standup on the planet. The only striker with a thought of having more talent in that area is Anderson Silva and it is actually debatable. The truth will come out. Maybe he's finished and the people training him are blowing smoke up his a$$. But I doubt it. He'll rape chuck.[/quote']

What do you smoke on? His striking isn't anywhere near Andersons. He has never struck me as a technical striker.

It'll be much like when GSP raped Penn. I won't even have to say i told you so.

blah blah blah

Can you read? You are not telling me anything Mr. Knowitall.

I said if Shogun comes in the same shape as he did against Coleman it will be a short night. If the Shogun of old shows up it could be a battle.

Your arrogance is unbearable.

What do you smoke on? His striking isn't anywhere near Andersons. He has never struck me as a technical striker.

Ask rampage if his striking is good. Who cares about technical striking, he knocks guys the f*** out. He is more aggressive than Anderson and his striking is quite technical anyway. Even completely gassed he still managed to throw a textbook uppercut with power to KO a guy with a decent chin. His striking is definitely better, technically, than Chuck's. But that's not even what i said anyway. I said he's a feared striker, and you bet your a$$ he is that.

He said he was healthy against Coleman' date=' he acknowledged after the fight that he was not anywhere near his cardio peak that night, which is quite obvious. The comparison to GSP comes form the athletic ability and quick study. They are also both very young by MMA standards and were the best fighters in their respective divisions by 25, much earlier than they would be in their physical peak. If you think that there are any fighters at any weight class as well rounded as Shogun is besides GSP feal free to mention them. His BJJ is easily world class and hhe has the most feared standup on the planet. The only striker with a thought of having more talent in that area is Anderson Silva and it is actually debatable. The truth will come out. Maybe he's finished and the people training him are blowing smoke up his a$$. But I doubt it. He'll rape chuck.[/quote']

Shoguns closer to a brawler than a technical striker. His BJJ is ok - not world class like you claim.

blah blah blah

Can you read? You are not telling me anything Mr. Knowitall.

I said if Shogun comes in the same shape as he did against Coleman it will be a short night. If the Shogun of old shows up it could be a battle.

Your arrogance is unbearable.

what are you telling me Grow? you haven't added anything to the conversation at all. You think Shogun will be close with Chuck if he's in shape, I thik he'll rape Chuck if he's in shape. If you think he's not that talented of a fighter, fine, you're certainly wrong but you have the right to think that, just like you thought GSP wouldn't under any circumstances dominate Penn and much like now, you were completely 100% wrong.

Shoguns closer to a brawler than a technical striker. His BJJ is ok - not world class like you claim.

If Demian Maia thinks it's world class i'll take his opinion over yours. Also the facts on the ground, Shogun subs guys and avoids subs and is always dangerous on the mat. Nice job on the brawler thing too, chris Leben is a brawler. Shogun is much better technically than somebody deserving of that title. Give em a break man, that's like calling Fedor just a grappler.

blah blah blah, keep bringing up the Penn fight. It is after all you have. And if you would pull your head out of your **** long enough to recall, I said that GSP scared me and that I knew he could win. The rest of it was trash talk. I said that many times.

But, I will call you Rainman now cause you know everything.

I have added plenty. Just because it is not one sided gibberish like your silly input, doesn't mean it is not there.

Ask rampage if his striking is good. Who cares about technical striking' date=' he knocks guys the f*** out. He is more aggressive than Anderson and his striking is quite technical anyway. Even completely gassed he still managed to throw a textbook uppercut with power to KO a guy with a decent chin. His striking is definitely better, technically, than Chuck's. But that's not even what i said anyway. I said he's a feared striker, and you bet your a$$ he is that.[/quote']

YA right, go watch a fight or 2 then talk. Shogun got opponents fuzzy and on quier street from stomps and huge kick to the face of a downed person. The majority of his fights had him kicking the **** out of someones face or stomping their head in before he threw a couple of punches (which do a lot of damage when they follow a soccer kick to the head) His KO's and TKO's were the result of him being allowed to kick and stomp someone into lala-land. He can't do that over here. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SEE THE OLD SHOGUN!!! Good Clinch YES, Good Kicks YES, Jab followed by a Wild PowerPunch (predictible) but YES. Old SHOGUN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

His BJJ is nice!

World Class i have no idea.

And YES i'd say he's more of a Brawler then a sound technical striker.

And if he comes at Chuck like he did Coleman, an out of shape brawler, it could be a short night. Shogun has skills. No doubt. Will he ever do well in the cage? Remains to be seen. So far it does not look good.

I will sig bet you on this fight.

Hmmm well first give me the details. Are you saying you think Chuck will KO Shogun? Or are you saying that Chuck will just win the fight? Secondly' date=' the Sig will not change until Serra/Hughes is over. Lets discuss details.

YA right, go watch a fight or 2 then talk. Shogun got opponents fuzzy and on quier street from stomps and huge kick to the face of a downed person. The majority of his fights had him kicking the **** out of someones face or stomping their head in before he threw a couple of punches (which do a lot of damage when they follow a soccer kick to the head) His KO's and TKO's were the result of him being allowed to kick and stomp someone into lala-land. He can't do that over here. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SEE THE OLD SHOGUN!!! Good Clinch YES, Good Kicks YES, Jab followed by a Wild PowerPunch (predictible) but YES. Old SHOGUN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ummmmm. I believe the clinch was a major part of the reason Rua TKOd Rampage. Liddell hasnt KOd anyone in a long time, and he is getting caught a lot more now then ever before. He is not everything he once was, and it seems very obvious that a lot of people are holding on to that. Rua also has a good chin.

Note Rua also rolled with Ricardo Arona in the Pride MW grand prix/tournament, and I dont remember him getting subbed... If my memory serves me right, what happened was a simple hammer fist KOd Ricardo Arona easily. So maybe Chuck needs to worry about Shoguns power too?

Hmmm well first give me the details. Are you saying you think Chuck will KO Shogun? Or are you saying that Chuck will just win the fight? Secondly' date=' the Sig will not change until Serra/Hughes is over. Lets discuss details.

Ummmmm. I believe the clinch was a major part of the reason Rua TKOd Rampage. Liddell hasnt KOd anyone in a long time, and he is getting caught a lot more now then ever before. He is not everything he once was, and it seems very obvious that a lot of people are holding on to that. Rua also has a good chin.

Note Rua also rolled with Ricardo Arona in the Pride MW grand prix/tournament, and I dont remember him getting subbed... If my memory serves me right, what happened was a simple hammer fist KOd Ricardo Arona easily. So maybe Chuck needs to worry about Shoguns power too?[/quote']

Then you remember WRONG. Arona like everyone else caught a couple kicks to the mellon.

Chuck definitely needs to watch Shogun's power. Chuck's chin is no longer rock solid. His age can attribute to that.

This is very true. Age has a lot to do with power and chin. It has to do with basically your overall skill set.

Then you remember WRONG. Arona like everyone else caught a couple kicks to the mellon.

Okay fine' date=' but are you telling me a KICK KOd him, or a hammer fist. Because the hammer fist I saw landed from the side, onto his jaw and after that Aronas entire body turned stiff and more came for him after that. If you need I can just go plug in the DVD and watch it again?

I seem to remember Forrest beating him by sub.

Little more recent.

Note: cardio had a lot to do with that.

The Iceman is a freaking legend, he was on a serious KO streak. Randy Couture, Babalu, Jeremy Horn, you name it. Sure hes taken some L's since then but that doesn't diminish his past glorys. Liddell is a badass and needs to continue I hope he dominates Shogun. I'm more interested in that fight than the Silva fight. I predict Silva to get beat because I had that one ****ed up dream. Bah.

lol No problem. It is the exact same thing I am arguing too. Like I said earliar' date=' the only thing that matters in this fight is how SHOGUN shows up. Chuck could show up at 100000% and still lose if Shogun has cardio.[/quote']

I dont agree, even if Shogun comes in the best cardio shape he wont be able to beat Chuckles.

Archived