DO NOT APOLOGIZE Dana White

MightyVanWhalen

Below is the ridiculous ESPN article on Dana White using the word "f*ggot" when referring to an anonymous source and calling Loretta Hunt a "dumb b*tch."

The article states Dana White "took aim at women and homosexuals." Dana always swears a lot and calling ONE anonymous source a "f*ggot" and ONE woman a "dumb b*tch" is not taking aim at WOMEN and not taking aim at homosexuals either.

If Loretta Hunt were a man, Dana White would have called Loretta a dumb d*ck,prick,as*h*le,etc.

And everyone knows "f*ggot" is slur for p*ssy,wimp,ball-less,etc. Just as Gay is slur for Lame.

Get over it. Homosexuals need to stop stealing all of our words and claiming them as their own. Q*eer is Strange.

Gay is Happy. If the Flintstones can have a gay ole time then it surely is not homosexual.

Everyone knows a F*ggot really is a Bundle of Sticks. So as the gay member of the Kids in the Hall, Scott Thompson, once said, "throw another f*ggot on the fire."

So homosexuals, STOP STEALING WORDS and claiming them as your own. And ESPN stop being "f*ggots" that write articles that include a "q*eer" assessment of the facts by misrepresenting what was actually said and have a "gay" ole time and realize these words are meaningless and can't be owned.

ESPN.com news services

Dana White, the volatile president of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, is under fire after an obscenity-filled video blog was released Wednesday in which he took aim at women and homosexuals.

White also unleashed a verbal tirade against a female reporter from Sherdog.com in the video blog, which was posted for a time on the UFC's Web site. It has since been pulled from the site.

The rant was centered around a Sherdog.com article which White believed incorrectly told of his group's credentialing policies for the agents and managers of fighters. He called the Sherdog.com writer, Loretta Hunt, a "dumb b*tch" among expletives, and termed the report "an absolutely [expletive] retarded story."

In Hunt's story, she wrote that Zuffa, the company that owns and operates promotions for the UFC and WEC, notified some fighter representatives that they will no longer receive credentials to sit with their clients backstage on fight night.

White used an anti-gay slur when referring to an anonymous source in Hunt's story on Sherdog.com, which is a partner of ESPN.com in the coverage of Mixed Martial Arts.

"I stand by the story," Hunt said in an e-mailed statement to ESPN.com. "It's accurate. I contacted the UFC in ample time for them to respond, clearly stating what the article would be about. They did not reply. Then, I went out of my way to find people that could possibly present Zuffa's side, which is included in the article."

Groups such as the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) have called for White to apologize for the tirade. He has not done so, according to a spokesman for the UFC, though a post from GLAAD spokesman Ted Rybka indicated that White will apologize on the UFC's YouTube site.

Below is the ridiculous ESPN article on Dana White using the word "f*ggot" when referring to an anonymous source and calling Loretta Hunt a "dumb b*tch."

The article states Dana White "took aim at women and homosexuals." Dana always swears a lot and calling ONE anonymous source a "f*ggot" and ONE woman a "dumb b*tch" is not taking aim at WOMEN and not taking aim at homosexuals either.

If Loretta Hunt were a man' date=' Dana White would have called Loretta a dumb d*ck,prick,as*h*le,etc.

And everyone knows "f*ggot" is slur for p*ssy,wimp,ball-less,etc. Just as Gay is slur for Lame.

Get over it. Homosexuals need to stop stealing all of our words and claiming them as their own. Q*eer is Strange.

Gay is Happy. If the Flintstones can have a gay ole time then it surely is not homosexual.

Everyone knows a F*ggot really is a Bundle of Sticks. So as the gay member of the Kids in the Hall, Scott Thompson, once said, "throw another f*ggot on the fire."

So homosexuals, STOP STEALING WORDS and claiming them as your own. And ESPN stop being "f*ggots" that write articles that include a "q*eer" assessment of the facts by misrepresenting what was actually said and have a "gay" ole time and realize these words are meaningless and can't be owned.

[b']ESPN.com news services

Dana White, the volatile president of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, is under fire after an obscenity-filled video blog was released Wednesday in which he took aim at women and homosexuals.

White also unleashed a verbal tirade against a female reporter from Sherdog.com in the video blog, which was posted for a time on the UFC's Web site. It has since been pulled from the site.

The rant was centered around a Sherdog.com article which White believed incorrectly told of his group's credentialing policies for the agents and managers of fighters. He called the Sherdog.com writer, Loretta Hunt, a "dumb b*tch" among expletives, and termed the report "an absolutely [expletive] retarded story."

In Hunt's story, she wrote that Zuffa, the company that owns and operates promotions for the UFC and WEC, notified some fighter representatives that they will no longer receive credentials to sit with their clients backstage on fight night.

White used an anti-gay slur when referring to an anonymous source in Hunt's story on Sherdog.com, which is a partner of ESPN.com in the coverage of Mixed Martial Arts.

"I stand by the story," Hunt said in an e-mailed statement to ESPN.com. "It's accurate. I contacted the UFC in ample time for them to respond, clearly stating what the article would be about. They did not reply. Then, I went out of my way to find people that could possibly present Zuffa's side, which is included in the article."

Groups such as the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) have called for White to apologize for the tirade. He has not done so, according to a spokesman for the UFC, though a post from GLAAD spokesman Ted Rybka indicated that White will apologize on the UFC's YouTube site.[/b]

I agree, Dana has done nothing wrong!

The world has become way to PC now, You can no longer speak freely anymore without hurting/offending someones feelings..

By the way, you eat ****s in the UK,

They are made from Lambs Liver, sage and onions..

Crap, i hope i have'nt offended anyone!:eek:

I totally agree, dont think he should apologize at all to gay/lesbian groups (ive nothing against gays lesbians) i think they have taken what dana said completely out of contex its stupid, political correctness gone mad, if you cant rant on the internet where can you, in my opinion it was danas blog and he wanted to respond to the article, and its his perogative what he wants to say on it,

Apparently people on here are in need of a lecture and I'm the only one willing to give it. The term "******" is in fact a British term. In England they eat ****s, smoke ****s, and light ****s to make a bonfire. The term simply means "burning stick". And when used in that context it is not inappropriate or offensive. The reason referring to a homosexual as a "******" is SO OFFENSIVE is because of it's origin. Back when Brits where burning witches at the stake they also did the same to mongoloids and homosexuals. Referring to a homosexual as a "******" was a direct reference to the fact that they were often burnt at a stake, which is in line with the whole burning stick meaning of the word. In using the term as a reference to homosexuals, afeminant, or even just weak unmanly men you are in fact making refernce in a supportive way to the inhuman barbaric actions of a closed-minded pathetic and evil society. There is no cause for the word to be used by the president of a billion dollar empire with a responsibility to be humane. Dana should have apologized and it's a great thing that he did apologize. I'm not saying he personally believes that anyone should be burnt alive or mistreated in any way but he needs to be resposible when he opens his mouth.

Wow, there's a shocker. Dana isn't sensitive. Hold the presses.

If this was a billion dollar kids toy company, sure. Let's not forget what it is we watch.

I am not in to making fun of people's sexual preference, but don't be so sensitive.

The word is used many many times in no relation to some one being gay or not.

This company has and continues to need mainstream press to help it succeed. It can't get to the next level of success without that. It's imperitive that they act with some measure of class to get the coverage they need. he makes the whole sport look bad with gafs like that. like I said earlier he did apologize and I respect that. I don't care about any of the politically incorrect words he uses but hate speak isn't the same as politically incorrect.

I, for one, am glad they're calling Dana out on this one. I'm not really bothered by the colorful language, but the way he spoke about that woman showed no class. I don't think anyone should speak to women that way, especially not a professional. The truth of the matter is, that there was no reason for Dana to go off the way he did. Dana showed no class and he got called out for it. This is not the first time he's acted like a jerk and I'm glad he got called out on it.

Apparently people on here are in need of a lecture and I'm the only one willing to give it. The term "******" is in fact a British term. In England they eat ****s' date=' smoke ****s, and light ****s to make a bonfire. The term simply means "burning stick". And when used in that context it is not inappropriate or offensive. The reason referring to a homosexual as a "******" is [b']SO OFFENSIVE[/b] is because of it's origin. Back when Brits where burning witches at the stake they also did the same to mongoloids and homosexuals. Referring to a homosexual as a "******" was a direct reference to the fact that they were often burnt at a stake, which is in line with the whole burning stick meaning of the word. In using the term as a reference to homosexuals, afeminant, or even just weak unmanly men you are in fact making refernce in a supportive way to the inhuman barbaric actions of a closed-minded pathetic and evil society. There is no cause for the word to be used by the president of a billion dollar empire with a responsibility to be humane. Dana should have apologized and it's a great thing that he did apologize. I'm not saying he personally believes that anyone should be burnt alive or mistreated in any way but he needs to be resposible when he opens his mouth.

Well no offenece but that lecture was pointless as it was said earlier don't be so sensitive, i know you cant say anything libelous anywhere internet wherever, i know Dana could have used less colourful words but its dosent matter he wasnt attacking gay lesbian groups, he was pissed off, you really have to take what he said into context first we all know dana uses colourful language im sure he's the word f****t in previous blogs, this whole issue is so sad really sad

If Loretta Hunt were a man' date=' Dana White would have called Loretta a dumb d*ck,prick,as*h*le,etc.

[b']ESPN.com news services

Groups such as the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) have called for White to apologize for the tirade. He has not done so, according to a spokesman for the UFC, though a post from GLAAD spokesman Ted Rybka indicated that White will apologize on the UFC's YouTube site.[/b]

I agree wholeheartedly with you friend ,however this board is riddled with the PC knights of righteous justice , so watch what you say (see the Mark Hamill thread)

I' date=' for one, am glad they're calling Dana out on this one. I'm not really bothered by the colorful language, but the way he spoke about that woman showed no class. I don't think anyone should speak to women that way, especially not a professional. The truth of the matter is, that there was no reason for Dana to go off the way he did. Dana showed no class and he got called out for it. This is not the first time he's acted like a jerk and I'm glad he got called out on it.[/quote']

Im a woman and i feel that he had every right to say what he did I feel no offence towards women from what he said, he was angry and i would have said the same. It dosen't matter that it was a woman, it was the article that he was pissed off with, if it was a man he would have said the same but would have used a term of belittlement as appropiate. He wasn't using the words to cause hurt, it was used to say F you to your stupid article. His blog has been blown way out of proportion, just because he used a term that is associated with gay/lesbian dose not make him the awful person he's being made out to be. i used those words all the time, even in front of gay/lesbian friends and they never take offence.

This is crazy, Obama can slag off the special olympics and gets away with it (not saying that what he said was said with any malice) but dana rants and he gets all of this crap, people need to get a grip

Im a woman and i feel that he had every right to say what he did I feel no offence towards women from what he said' date=' he was angry and i would have said the same. It dosen't matter that it was a woman, it was the article that he was pissed off with, if it was a man he would have said the same but would have used a term of belittlement as appropiate. He wasn't using the words to cause hurt, it was used to say F you to your stupid article. His blog has been blown way out of proportion, just because he used a term that is associated with gay/lesbian dose not make him the awful person he's being made out to be. i used those words all the time, even in front of gay/lesbian friends and they never take offence.

This is crazy, Obama can slag off the special olympics and gets away with it (not saying that what he said was said with any malice) but dana rants and he gets all of this crap, people need to get a grip[/quote']

Well said Elevelyn, seems to be a new age man disease this PC thing.

This company has and continues to need mainstream press to help it succeed. It can't get to the next level of success without that. It's imperitive that they act with some measure of class to get the coverage they need. he makes the whole sport look bad with gafs like that. like I said earlier he did apologize and I respect that. I don't care about any of the politically incorrect words he uses but hate speak isn't the same as politically incorrect.

also just in relation to this, i really dont think like this matters at all, ufc is massive at the moment, speaking as fan in Europe this sport is starting to get a real buzz in the uk and ireland, and obviously with deals in france germany how many other countries, in my opinion the fights will make the ufc not comments made on blogs

also just in relation to this' date=' i really dont think like this matters at all, ufc is massive at the moment, speaking as fan in Europe this sport is starting to get a real buzz in the uk and ireland, and obviously with deals in france germany how many other countries, in my opinion the fights will make the ufc not comments made on blogs[/quote']

Here here

Im a woman and i feel that he had every right to say what he did I feel no offence towards women from what he said' date=' he was angry and i would have said the same. It dosen't matter that it was a woman, it was the article that he was pissed off with, if it was a man he would have said the same but would have used a term of belittlement as appropiate. He wasn't using the words to cause hurt, it was used to say F you to your stupid article. His blog has been blown way out of proportion, just because he used a term that is associated with gay/lesbian dose not make him the awful person he's being made out to be. i used those words all the time, even in front of gay/lesbian friends and they never take offence.

This is crazy, Obama can slag off the special olympics and gets away with it (not saying that what he said was said with any malice) but dana rants and he gets all of this crap, people need to get a grip[/quote']

What did this woman do to warrant that kind of response? It was completely classless and total ***** move on his part. If anybody ever spoke that way to my wife, you better believe they would get their face smashed. This is the face of the UFC we're talking about too, not some random dude on the street. Any man that talks that way to a woman deserves to get his **** kicked, and here we have the PRESIDENT of multi-million dollar company doing it and posting it online for the world to see like it's something to be proud of??? pathetic.

AN OPEN LETTER TO DANA...............

Dont listen to the metalists who would have you pander to every creed,race and gender.

I for one love your frank open comments and feel the world of MMA is all the better for it.

In this day and age of MOPE's (most offended people ever) its never been more important to stick to our guns (in respect of free speech).

Respect big fella and as my yankee friends say, keep it real!!!!!!!

AN OPEN LETTER TO DANA...............

Dont listen to the metalists who would have you pander to every creed' date='race and gender.

I for one love your frank open comments and feel the world of MMA is all the better for it.

In this day and age of MOPE's (most offended people ever) its never been more important to stick to our guns (in respect of free speech).

Respect big fella and as my yankee friends say, keep it real!!!!!!![/quote']

Anyone who speaks to women like Dana did is either a straight-up punk or street trash.

What did this woman do to warrant that kind of response? It was completely classless and total ***** move on his part. If anybody ever spoke that way to my wife' date=' you better believe they would get their face smashed. This is the face of the UFC we're talking about too, not some random dude on the street. Any man that talks that way to a woman deserves to get his **** kicked, and here we have the PRESIDENT of multi-million dollar company doing it and posting it online for the world to see like it's something to be proud of??? pathetic.[/quote']

Ok read my post again, i said it didn't matter that it was a woman, it could of been a man, woman or a bloody donkey for all it matters. He wasn't attacking her as a woman he was attacking her article and the fact that he curses alot shows that he doesn't give a crap what people think of him personally, he doesn't NEED to be someone he's not in front of a camera to sell what he does, the sport speaks for itself, if you don't like Dana........... don't watch his blogs!

Furthermore i don't agree with abusing woman or anybody else for that matter, but, there is a massive difference in responding to an article in a blog and saying saying something face to face where they could converse properly, he was RANTING get over it

Your obviousley offended friend and if you compare this to talking to your missus/wife/lover/sister/mother/friend then you'll no doubt get angry over it but remember everyone is equal.

I'm not offended at all' date=' it's just mind-boggling how so many people will dismiss any wrong doing by Dana and go out of their way to justify his actions.

The man completely trashed a professional journalist for doing her job and writing a legitimate story, which she gave the UFC the opportunity to comment on before printing. Over public forum mind you, called her a f'n retard, a f'n female dog, called her f'n stupid all for writing a story he did not agree with. And of course this is not wrong, it is in fact chivalrous and inspiring according to most of the posts here.

Loretta Hunt [b']is [/b]someone's missus/wife/lover/sister/mother/friend and she doesn't deserve to be publically humiliated that way for doing her job.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/a-statement-on-dana-whites-remarks-16853

I'm not offended at all' date=' it's just mind-boggling how so many people will dismiss any wrong doing by Dana and go out of their way to justify his actions.

The man completely trashed a professional journalist for doing her job and writing a legitimate story, which she gave the UFC the opportunity to comment on before printing. Over public forum mind you, called her a f'n retard, a f'n female dog, called her f'n stupid all for writing a story he did not agree with. And of course this is not wrong, it is in fact chivalrous and inspiring according to most of the posts here.

Loretta Hunt [b']is [/b]someone's missus/wife/lover/sister/mother/friend and she doesn't deserve to be publically humiliated that way for doing her job.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/a-statement-on-dana-whites-remarks-16853

Oh no i'm not going out of my way to justify Danas actions/comments, i just believe if someones pissed him off hes entitled to slap them down regardless of gender,sexuality or race.

He wasn't attacking her as a woman he was attacking her article

He didn't say Loretta Hunt's article is a f'n female dog' date=' he said Loretta Hunt is...Your making excuses for Dana.

and the fact that he curses alot shows that he doesn't give a crap what people think of him personally, he doesn't NEED to be someone he's not in front of a camera to sell what he does

and the fact that he apologized to the gays shows that he does give a crap and better give a crap if he wants to stay the face of the UFC.

Furthermore i don't agree with abusing woman or anybody else for that matter, but, there is a massive difference in responding to an article in a blog and saying saying something face to face where they could converse properly, he was RANTING get over it

Yes, saying it to somebody's face will actually run you the risk of getting punched in the mouth.

Oh no i'm not going out of my way to justify Danas actions/comments' date=' i just believe if someones pissed him off hes entitled to slap them down regardless of gender,sexuality or race.[/quote']

You're right, if somebody produced a well-written, well-researched, story while following due process, you have every right to respond like a roid-raged classless a-hole. You have every right to do so, but you better be ready to accept the repercussions.

You're right' date=' if somebody produced a well-written, well-researched, story while following due process, you have every right to respond like a roid-raged classless a-hole. You have every right to do so, but you better be ready to accept the repercussions.[/quote']

well i dont think it was well-written and from reading loretta hunt's articles before then it wasnt that well-researched. i got your back Dana

I, like many other people, did something this week that I rarely do; I read two articles on sherdog. I imagine their site hits have spiked as a result of this.

I'm a HUGE Dana fan and one of the things I like most about him is the way he talks to/ about people. With that said, journalists (even sherdog) have every right to report responsibly on issues that they deem newsworthy and if a powerful organization like the UFC is never called onto the carpet for anything, it would become way too easy for them to abuse that ever-increasing power. This is the basis on which the first ammendment was founded. In the "it's too late for that" category- the UFC probably should have responded to the writer's request for a quote before the article went public.

With that said, Dana is no mystery. If you're going to report on the UFC, especially in a negative context, you should be prepared for a nuclear roasting like the one this girl received and have thick skin about it.

If I were the President of a young company who was trying to gain more mainstream acceptance' date=' I would choose my words carefully and not get so emotional. I would debate the points and make Loretta Hunt look stupid by proving that her arguments (or whatever) didn't make any sense.[/quote']

I agree whole heartedly. Use your intelligence instead of vulgarity.

"Tact is the ability of making a point without making an enemy"

I really like Dana's big mouth. I don't really mind his verbal ****storm in his blog as well. But in all honesty: freaking out like this over a well articulated article by a reknown journalist in the mma-press is just childish and ridiculous. That's actually part of why I like Dana for what he is. This kind of stuff makes me smile. Like I smile about people who lose their nerve because they missed a traffic light or all the other whiny crap on the net. What I don't get is: how can you be Dana White and still get *this* pissed about *that* kind of article? In germany there's a saying that goes: if the dog barks, you hit it...

Dana's an A-hole but he's got the right to have his opinions and he's not using his powers either to go around and get his way.

These people who can't handle his opinions are however using theirs and don't have any opinions of their own and repress people from expressing themselves as well.

These guys are bigger A-holes than Dana and are the true tyrants.

All I have to say to conclude the whole 9 yards is this.

In the famous words of John Rambo + Dana White:

F**K'EM.

Dana's an A-hole but he's got the right to have his opinions and he's not using his powers either to go around and get his way.

These people who can't handle his opinions are however using theirs and don't have any opinions of their own and repress people from expressing themselves as well.

These guys are bigger A-holes than Dana and are the true tyrants.

All I have to say to conclude the whole 9 yards is this.

In the famous words of John Rambo + Dana White:

F**K'EM.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tyrants?? Repressing people???? BWAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!

Ok, how do you know Dana is not using his "powers" (special powers maybe???) to get his way? It's not that people can't handle his opinions, lol, it's that Dana White acts like a spoiled little girl sometimes. I personally think it makes Loretta Hunt's argument look a little more valid when the President of the UFC has no other argument other than to say, and I quote: "#*($&%*&)*$()*(*$)%)(*($*#()*#......****G0T....>#(%*&$(%*&$&%$*&%)$&*%$(&%"!!!!!

When you say he's not using his powers, do you mean like the time Fitch didn't want to sign the video games contract so Dana White USED HIS POWERS TO FIRE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dana released him from contract. It is his company after all. Then Fitch came back. Fitch could have gotten an everyday job, or go to one of the other many companies, but he chose to stay with the big boys. Besides... Dana is a good guy, people just take swearing and racist/homosexual comments to far. If Dana said that in a rude way, then yeah sure he should apologize.

To me though, this whole thing is blown out of control. WHO GIVES A ****. Are you here to listen to what Dana says or are you here to watch fights? Seriously. Who gives two ****s about anything Dana says when it comes to swearing or anything else that is not MMA related. To me it just sounds like a joke that I can laugh at... are you guys paparazzis? do you watch entertainment tonight/etalk/whatever the hell the shows are to see who is hot and who is not? I just do not understand..........

Did you read what DaShameful said regarding Dana using his powers? He said he wasn't using them, and I showed a situation where he did. Yes I do I agree Dana can run his company however he wants, but I don't have to agree with how he is running it.

Anyways, back to the vblog thing..........I'm not bringing up any issues with the words that he used. The only issue I have is that I would have rather seen Dana put L. Hunt in check by debating and debunking the points she brought up, rather than rant of like an emotional little kid.

Did you read what DaShameful said regarding Dana using his powers? He said he wasn't using them' date=' and I showed a situation where he did. Yes I do I agree Dana can run his company however he wants, but I don't have to agree with how he is running it.

Anyways, back to the vblog thing..........I'm not bringing up any issues with the words that he used. The only issue I have is that I would have rather seen Dana put L. Hunt in check by debating and debunking the points she brought up, rather than rant of like an emotional little kid.[/quote']

fair enough. My point is though that this is a pointless topic and has little to do with the sport. It is just the guy who runs the sport... there are WAY worse guys running other sports. To me this is like attacking a guy for things that have nothing to do with the sport. There are plenty of foul mouthed famous people... Dana is just one of them. Not to mention all the religious fanatics who picket and hate on gay people for no reason, or the racist cult groups who pick on every race of human there is...

Archived