TUF 9 - the Brits

flyangler

I hope that they showed the REAAAALLLLLLYYYYYY bad U.S. guys in the preview for next week. Because they looked bad.

Of course, I understand the editing monster and how that all works, but they didn't show any Brits having trouble with weight, they didn't show any Brits passing out from the pressure...

Some of the ones they showed looked kinda weak, but we'll have to see who they match up with once they're all in the house. Should be a good season.

alls i can hope for is good competitive fights. it'll be interesting to see how mma has spread and become a popular sport worldwide. i don't care to root for any team, i just want to see good matchups. the coaches are kinda boring. the best ones were when the coaches had issues with eachother. i know it's childish, but the tito vs shamrock billiards game, and the bj penn vs jens pulver ping pong match... that stuff was good fun. and seemed to come at a climax of hatred for eachother. i don't remember the one with hughes and serra, what game did they play?? i just remember it was really funny. matt hughes was like the bully older brother, and matt serra was like the little brother who always fought back. and the way he mocked him, what characters... fun to watch, along with good fights.

it's impossible to say how guys look until they fight the other guys. Jules didn't even have to land a puch to get into the house last time. And he ran around proclaiming it a hundered times, then he fought someone that's not retarded and he was made to look like s***. a couple of them on the british side do look good though. But i want to see what the yanks are bringing first, before I declare it for either side. It'll be great to watch intense fights and not have a national rooting interest, I don't care who wins, go Canada.

it's impossible to say how guys look until they fight the other guys. Jules didn't even have to land a puch to get into the house last time. And he ran around proclaiming it a hundered times' date=' then he fought someone that's not retarded and he was made to look like s***. a couple of them on the british side do look good though. But i want to see what the yanks are bringing first, before I declare it for either side. It'll be great to watch intense fights and not have a national rooting interest, I don't care who wins, go Canada.[/quote']

I would have liked to see a Canada vs USA. I think some **** whoopings would be getting handed out. GSP could be one coach, and BJ could have been the other (if a third match ever happens), or Jon Fitch. I cant think of any other WWs that would give GSP a run for his money at the end of the TUF show. Another good one would be USA vs Brazil, but I think all the spanish/portuguese would be hard to sell. Although I believe Brazil would annihilate any other country for fighters.

I would have liked to see a Canada vs USA. I think some **** whoopings would be getting handed out. GSP could be one coach' date=' and BJ could have been the other (if a third match ever happens), or Jon Fitch. I cant think of any other WWs that would give GSP a run for his money at the end of the TUF show. Another good one would be USA vs Brazil, but I think all the spanish/portuguese would be hard to sell. Although I believe Brazil would annihilate any other country for fighters.[/quote']

Canada might be in trouble for having 16 guys for the show. the sport is popular here and we are per capita superior to anybody but 16 guys is a lot, considering the best are already in UFC or are older and I think they shouldn't allow anyone over 30. i think we'd have some success but the bottom end guys would be killed and I don't want to see that. But Canada, with the world's roster vs. USA would be good. Although i think USA would be in too much trouble for that. Maybe 4 Canadians, 4 Americans, 4 Europeans, 4 Brazilians and 4 coaches would be awesome. GSP, Kampmann, Maia and Marquardt as coaches. I'd watch that. I think it keep interest high evrywhere and that way the talent from each region would be first class.

Canada might be in trouble for having 16 guys for the show. the sport is popular here and we are per capita superior to anybody but 16 guys is a lot' date=' considering the best are already in UFC or are older and I think they shouldn't allow anyone over 30. i think we'd have some success but the bottom end guys would be killed and I don't want to see that. But Canada, with the world's roster vs. USA would be good. Although i think USA would be in too much trouble for that. Maybe 4 Canadians, 4 Americans, 4 Europeans, 4 Brazilians and 4 coaches would be awesome. GSP, Kampmann, Maia and Marquardt as coaches. I'd watch that. I think it keep interest high evrywhere and that way the talent from each region would be first class.[/quote']

That would be an interesting TUF.. You would get 2 awesome end fights, and a lot of fighters from around the world would get to test out their abilities. It would start out with 16 or 8 from each country, then work itself down to 4 per country. They should also increase the contract amount if it was that big of a tourney.

With the Canada vs. USA, it really wouldnt matter until the it was in the finals. Canada has unbelievable talent, and I think we would win the show, but not have the most Canadians alive in the competition before the finals.

Brazil I still believe would have the best fighters, along with some countries in Europe, some countries in Asia, and Canada.

the fact that it's such a global sport is awesome. Evans and BJ are the only American champions and Evans is favored to lose, we may have one American champion only, in the sport. I consider Fedor the champ, whether he's UFC or not. It's great that it's not just the Americans winning. I like having good American fighters, don't get me wrong, but if there is no other counries excelling it's boring like Nascar and the NFL, unwatchable crap. As to the Canada thing, I think we'd be okay in 155 and 185, we seem to have good talent at those weights, and considerable depth. But maybe the good ones have all made it already in those weight classes, IDK, I definitely like a four coach system with two awesome endfights. I think it makes for better quality fighters than otherwise.

Isnt MMA exploding in Canada gym wise as well? Plenty youngsters coming in? Is there college wrestling in Canada?

I am excited of the talent pool in say 5 to 10 years from now, with youngsters who have done nothing but the whole complete deal of wrestle, MT, BJJ, boxing throughout their youth, and will get taught how to best incorporate all the disciplines in a MMA fight, there must be some serious allround skill by that time, where currently most fighters have either a wrestling, BJJ or MT base and work to improve the other disciplines, there will be young fighters by that time who will have all skills as second nature combined. Born and bred mixed martial artists so to say. sorry, off topic

All I'm gonna say is the US team better bring their A game because the Brits look freaking GOOD! That dude Pearson is a monster!!! Right now he's my pick to win the whole thing. That blonde dude that trains with Bisping at Wolfslair is really good too. That heel hook he caught the guy he was fighting in was just sick.......And on the previews we look like a high school wrestling team on the first day of conditioning, falling out all over the place, throwing up, people crying and quiting. Hope it was just good editing to make it LOOK that way or we're screwed!!!

I guarentee if there is someone from Britain in the Finale it will be either Ross, or Andre. Ross is crazy and is very very well rounded. Andre Winner is a MT beast. I cannot remember the guy with the crazy BJJ but he was also very talented, and completely out rolled that guy on the ground with relative ease.

although they made it look like the US team wasn't prepared, that only spoke for a few. the rest looked real solid. i was really intrigued by the red head dude. omg!! talk about a beast!! that dude has a scary attrition. he's like a savage, i'd have to go with him. he'll win by attrition. beastly attrition lol. like rambo.

He is not this great god of fighting he has been fighting the same guys over and over MAtt Hughes, Penn, Serra who actually can beat him, and Fitch there is alot of talent in this weight class that deserves a shot at him and I would like to see them get a shot the old guys can have another shot when they beat these younger guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep an eye out for David Faulkner from Liverpool , i have been to his training sessions and his cardio and submissions are second to none ! I have a big dislike for D.Johnson and can't wait to see him dropped or just humbled , the beaut gives Americans a bad name with his trash talk and lack of respect for M.Bisbing as he has been were he is now and walked the walk and talked the talk and won the title as TUF , so for him to try it on with him i.e trying to intimidate and bad mouth is embarrassing ! And before anyone jumps up to defend him , i will say if a Brit done the same to D.Henderson i would be exactly the same and want them defeated as its classless . 1-0 anyway to us Brits , i think it will be a close call over the series though . Can't wait for the next episode and see who the next Yank to be Spanked is LOL , only jokin , just a bit of banter

What does everyone think of the guys who made it onto the show? Personally I think they be going down faster than Fish n Chips at an English happy hour. The one short blonde haired dude with all the tats' date=' looked like he will hold his own.[/quote']

Well as 1 of the us guys said before the first fight is that the uk guy is fighting probly the hardest usa guy of them all. And look what happend!

Well as 1 of the us guys said before the first fight is that the uk guy is fighting probly the hardest usa guy of them all. And look what happend!

Where do you guys get that he was the hardest US fighter??

One of the US guys say he is the toughest guy on the team and you guys run with it. He was chosen because he did not have to cut weight. Watch the episode again.

Where do you guys get that he was the hardest US fighter??

One of the US guys say he is the toughest guy on the team and you guys run with it. He was chosen because he did not have to cut weight. Watch the episode again.

I understand what you mean G. I am basing it off of the Prelims to get into the house. From what I saw Mark was one of the better fighters. His stand up was strong and I figured he had a decent wrestling base. Tonight, if they have another WW showdown, I want to see someone on the US show something.

Demarques IMO didnt even fight anyone to get onto the show, it was basically a walk in for him

The best guy KOd himself from what I saw. The guy who supposedly "beat" him... was terrible. I mean he really was terrible from what I got to see out of him. I am not even kidding when I say I know guys from my gym that would trounce him.

I understand what you mean G. I am basing it off of the Prelims to get into the house. From what I saw Mark was one of the better fighters. His stand up was strong and I figured he had a decent wrestling base. Tonight' date=' if they have another WW showdown, I want to see someone on the US show something.

Demarques IMO didnt even fight anyone to get onto the show, it was basically a walk in for him

The best guy KOd himself from what I saw. The guy who supposedly "beat" him... was terrible. I mean he really was terrible from what I got to see out of him. I am not even kidding when I say I know guys from my gym that would trounce him.[/quote']

Agreed.....although I'll give DeMarques some credit, he did look pretty good tonight. Still not the toughest challenge ever but still a solid performance. DeFranco is just what we thought he was a Tomato Can! And did you hear the one guy on team US that pals around with Franklin say he wasn't sure he wanted to be a fighter??? Lost a lot of respect for him. If thats the case, why are you here? Your taking up a spot that a hungrier fighter could have had!!!

Agreed.....although I'll give DeMarques some credit' date=' he did look pretty good tonight. Still not the toughest challenge ever but still a solid performance. DeFranco is just what we thought he was a Tomato Can! And did you hear the one guy on team US that pals around with Franklin say he wasn't sure he wanted to be a fighter??? Lost a lot of respect for him. If thats the case, why are you here? Your taking up a spot that a hungrier fighter could have had!!![/quote']

Yeah that guy is going to lose his fight anyways as long as he is against someone with a bit of skill

Now, that Dollar kid... He is pissing the wrong person off on his team. That guy who is anti social would absolutely DOMINATE HIM on the ground. DESTROY HIM COMPLETELY. I would love for Dollar to fight him at the finale on the undercard just to prove this point, but I see that guy going much further then Dollar.

And after that performance by Dean, I am surprised that Demarques had any trouble at all. Dean lifted him completely off the ground past his hips. That means he could have just let Demarques hang there, or make Demarques try to get closer to his body and get super slammed.. It was just a terrible move on Dean that costed him the match.

Yeah that guy is going to lose his fight anyways as long as he is against someone with a bit of skill

Now' date=' that Dollar kid... He is pissing the wrong person off on his team. That guy who is anti social would absolutely DOMINATE HIM on the ground. DESTROY HIM COMPLETELY. I would love for Dollar to fight him at the finale on the undercard just to prove this point, but I see that guy going much further then Dollar.

And after that performance by Dean, I am surprised that Demarques had any trouble at all. Dean lifted him completely off the ground past his hips. That means he could have just let Demarques hang there, or make Demarques try to get closer to his body and get super slammed.. It was just a terrible move on Dean that costed him the match.[/quote']

yep agreed!!!

Archived