Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin at UFC 106, Carwin-Cain scrapped

Emrig

Yeah that's a better source Ricoj3323

Check it here: http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Report-Carwin-Velasquez-scrapped,-Brock-Lesnar-vs-Shane-Carwin-at-UFC-106.html

This is crazy!

I really wanted to see Carwin vs. Velasquez, but this match up is cool too.

Do you guys think Carwin did enough to earn the shot?

Who do you guys think will win?

This is just nuts!!!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is awesome and crazy!

Fu?k Yes! Where did you see this though' date=' can you show proof? TIto and Coleman are said to be on that card as well, along with Fitch and Almeida.

NEVERMIND I FOUND IT MYSELF:

MMA Madness had the original report: heavyweight prospect Shane Carwin has been pulled from his bout with Cain Velasquez at UFC 104. Instead, he’ll get a UFC heavyweight title shot against Brock Lesnar on the Nov. 21 UFC 106 card.

Inside Fights has not been able to confirm the report, but Shane Carwin posted the following message on his website:

Lots of talk going around right now. It seems to stem from a twitter post out of MN. I can’t confirm or deny anything I can just tell you guys that I am training harder then ever and your support and loyalty will carry me through any fight they send my way. With you guys on my side I am ready for whatever happens. Stay tuned to the site or UFC.com for any official news about me.

We are trying to get confirmation on the story, but it lines up with rumors we’ve been hearing over the past week or so.

FROM WIKIPEDIA: Shane Carwin has beem named the #1 contender for the UFC Heavyweight title after Velasquez suffered an undiclosed injury

That's great, a double dose of Lesnar within the same year.

Carwin is no joke in the wrestling background. And he's got bombs in his hands. I said it from the get go that we need someone with some power to test Brock's chin. Now I finally get my wish. Here's hoping Carwin flattens him in the first. Awesome matchup. If Carwin can stuff the take down, maybe bring it to the fence like Randy did...then unload one of those cannons...........might be nighty night for Lesnar. Man I can't wait!!!!!!

i think shane has some great standup. i will give him that

but against a powerhouse wrestler like brock, unless he's got some wicked takedown defense and can manage to keep the fight on the feet, i really think the advantage goes to brock.

i want to see a good standup fight but my odds are against it. ill bet the first taker $10 on paypal on brock. legit fella's only i am true to my word. only hope for the same gratitude it wouldnt be much of a loss anyways. i'm just saying, if this match happens i am confident brock would pull it off.

Should be a great contest, Lesnar will try stand up realise that Carwin's hands are too powerful and take it to the ground. There's no way Carwin can block the take down and once its down there its all Lesnar.

If I had the money I would be betting Lesnar.

Carwin is no joke in the wrestling background. And he's got bombs in his hands. I said it from the get go that we need someone with some power to test Brock's chin. Now I finally get my wish. Here's hoping Carwin flattens him in the first. Awesome matchup. If Carwin can stuff the take down' date=' maybe bring it to the fence like Randy did...then unload one of those cannons...........might be nighty night for Lesnar. Man I can't wait!!!!!![/quote']

Lol that would be my wish... But in all honesty, that would be very unlikely. I can see the same thing as always with Lesnar... Takes it to the ground... GnP. I think he would do well striking with Carwin though.... Because guys... Carwin is not one of those devastating precise and accurate world class strikers... However what he is, is a very powerful hitter with decent technique lol - Exactly the same as Lesnar. They are probebly about equaly in the striking department. And Lesnar tops Carwin in the Wrestling. Lesnar moves quicker than Carwin, he has looked stronger and more dominant in his very few fights lol.

Tbh, the only way i see Carwin winning is by landing one of those big bombs. But then Lesnar could just as easily land one of his.

This fight will be taken to the ground by Lesnar, and finished there - by Lesnar, id bet any money on it.

Although I will be cheering for Shane Carwin.

You are al talking how bad it will be for Carwin if Lesnar takes him down' date=' how about if Carwin takes Brock down. I wonder if Lesnar can handle Carwins bombs if he is on top[/quote']

Lol yeh ill take your point... However Brock Lesnar is bigger, stronger, quicker and more powerful from what i have seen of him lol. And his wrestling credential are alot better than Carwins. I know that doesnt mean Carwin cant take him down, but it does make it more and more unlikely... Add in the fact that In Carwins recent fights he has only looked to stand and strike.... I cant see any different. I dont think he is going to want to risk getting taken down by lesnar, so meaning i dont think he is going to clinch or get to close to Lesnar.

I also think its far more likely that we are realistically going to see how Carwin handles Brocks bombs from the top..

Im not a Brock fan i would like to add.... but im just being realistic lol.

i think shane has some great standup. i will give him that

but against a powerhouse wrestler like brock' date=' unless he's got some wicked takedown defense and can manage to keep the fight on the feet, i really think the advantage goes to brock. [/quote']

What's the matter with you? Carwin is a wrestler, not a striker, his standup is neither better nor worse than Lesnars.

Well, if this news proves to be correct, it will be an interesting test for Brock. But I would have liked to have seen Carwin get a little more experience before he goes for the belt. I think the Velasquez fight would have been a good test to set up the next HW challenger, whoever won. I expect Brock will prove too much for Carwin, although who knows- Brock got to challenge for the belt early, and made the most of his opportunity. Maybe Carwin will do the same and pull off the upset.

carwins won 11 fights and finished them in the first round

and he has a good ground game considering he has been winning by rear naked chokes.

i can see him beating lesnar.

his fists are 2 glove sizes bigger than lesnars aswell.

if Brock has lunchboxes he has picnic benches

Lol im not dismissing your argument... But he has never faced a specimen like Lesnar lol. I really doubt its going to be as easy as his other fights!!! And his fists arent 2 sizes bigger lol, they are 1. But that is irrelevant !!

If Shane Carwin can prevent Brocks takedowns, he has a chance of winning. If he cant... He loses... Simple as that people.

Everyone seems to be writing off carwin if he gets taken down, is everyone forgetting his last fight against Gonzaga? Carwin got hurt bad and then mounted by a big world champion BJJ guy and still quickly fought his way back to his feet and got the KO with a real short shot, I know Lesnar and Gonzaga are 2 completely different animals but Gonzaga is still a big guy with a world class ground game and deffinatly not someone you want mounting you after you've been badly rocked.

Im not saying Carwin is just going to shrug Lesnar off on the ground but I don't think it's so clear cut either.

IMO Carwin's gonna take the belt I'v thought for a while now that he's the man to beat brock so here's hoping :cool:

FINALLY!!!!!!!!! If anyone is going to beat Lesnar it will be Carwin, it says that Carwin weighs 265, and Lesnar weighs what, 275? Who says Carwin hasnt gained any weight on his frame from training and gained some more muscle. As for everyone that says, " If the fight goes to the ground Brock will win." Shane has a good wrestling background as well, and if goes to the ground it could go either way because now Brock has to mess with someone his size that could just as easily TKO him on the ground as he could to Carwin. I like Brock, but im not swinging on his nuts like most of you guys are. So i hope Carwin knocks Lesnar off his high horse so i can hear what excuses you guys come up with for Lesnar. No way this fight is making through the 2nd round, thats if it even gets through the 1st round.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/239456-shane-carwin-gets-title-shot-verses-brock-lesnar-at-ufc-106

Carwin had been scheduled to take on AKA fighter Cain Velasquez in October at UFC 104. But the UFC has opted to change course.

Velasquez is reportedly healthy and his management, Zinkin Entertainment, has not heard any news regarding the bout being scratched.

Yeah that's a better source Ricoj3323

Check it here: http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Report-Carwin-Velasquez-scrapped' date='-Brock-Lesnar-vs-Shane-Carwin-at-UFC-106.html

This is crazy!

I really wanted to see Carwin vs. Velasquez, but this match up is cool too.

Do you guys think Carwin did enough to earn the shot?

Who do you guys think will win?

This is just nuts!!!![/quote']

YES YES YES YES YES YES

I'm going to see that LIVE

I'm glad Carwin vs Cain isn't happening. Cains fight against Congo was horrible.

I agree big time. To not be able to finish but also how many time he got rocked. He is 240 on a good day and that is with a little bit of flab. Carwin is a good wrestler in his own right plus the size... This would of ended up anywere Carwin wanted it and that would of meant a brutal KO for Cain.

As for the Lesnar fight... Lesnar will be shooting in from the opening to get this to the ground. Carwin is no joke there but Lesnar does not want to mess with his stand-up. If Carwin can stay off his back he wins in my opinion. If he cannot he gets pounded out. Lesnar seems to be evolving his GNP game extremely well. The shots on Mir were rediculously hard. The crowd was yelling for them to stand them up at UFC 100, but even the body shots were very very hard.

This will be Lesnar's biggest test not because Carwin is that talented he just presents interesting problems that Lesnar has not faced yet. The incredible punching power, size that is close to his own etc are things he has not seen as of yet.

Were I think the match will be won is that even though they are close in size Lesnar is stilln far superior. Lensar is much faster on his feet and a better wrestler then Carwin. That means Carwin will probably not be able to stuff the shot and that is the end.

its bullsh*t dont trust any1 other than the ufc website they would have said by now because thats big news.its just rumors man!!

Don't be so sure, the UFC doesn't disclose information the SECOND they think it'll happen. There's discussions to be made, phone calls to be done, LOTS of stuff and LOTS of time for organizations that thrive upon hearing this news and posting it before anyone else to put it up.

I just rewatched Carwin vs Gonzaga. Two observations

1. Carwin used to cut weight to get to 265 now he looks to be around 255 no that much bigger than Mir. Maybe should think about beefing up for Lesnar as Lesnar will walk in the cage at 275 to 280 as always.

2. He better perform better against Lesnar than Gonzaga. If he runs in on Lesnar the way he did with Gonzaga he is going to be on his back. Gonzaga put him in a position against the cage that would of meant the end if it was Lesnar.

I am not saying that he is definitely going to lose. I am saying that after rewatching that fight he was impressive for 1 punch and made enough mistakes that Lesnar would capitalize on that would mean a loss for him.

Rewatch the fight and tell me what you think.

I think Dana just called off the fight with Cain b/c people have been freaking out about the possibility of Carwin vs. Lesnar since UFC 100. And Dana is just trying to give the fans what they want. I personally believe it would only be FAIR for the Carwin vs. Cain fight to go on as planned, but I'm sure that won't happen, because being fair doesn't seem to be high on the list of Dana White's priorities.

I think Dana just called off the fight with Cain b/c people have been freaking out about the possibility of Carwin vs. Lesnar since UFC 100. And Dana is just trying to give the fans what they want. I personally believe it would only be FAIR for the Carwin vs. Cain fight to go on as planned' date=' but I'm sure that won't happen, because being fair doesn't seem to be high on the list of Dana White's priorities.[/quote']

I don't think being "fair" is the issue. The fight makes sense because even if this fight happens it will have been 4/5 months since Lesnar last fought. If we have to wait for a number 1 contender to be established then it could be 9/10 months between UFC 100 and Brock's next fight.

I pick Brock to beat Carwin via Ground and Pound. As already stated if you watch the Carwin v. Gonzaga fight again Carwin is terrible until he lands the punch. I hope I am wrong though......

Archived