BrocK LesnaR

PakaL

Could brock be the future of the heavy man division?I can say he trains harder than hughes and for a big man he is fast.All he needs to hit the pinacle is good BJJ other than that this dude is a tank.If he learns how to escape submissions he will be the modern jack johnson or dempsey or clay or barrow if you slow barrow is joe LEWIS or tyson etc of MMA......

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brock has huge potential. Not many fighters win the UFC title in such a short amount of time. His size' date=' speed, and power make him a force. If he learns more about JJ and striking, he will be even more of a force then he is now.[/quote']

agreed

supposedly hes a purple belt now (I doubt it though)

Cant wait to see him fight again...And from the last fights his striking looked good enough 2 overwhelm ......But with kick boxing maybe judo and BJJ skills added he would be dominance for many years.A big machida so to say but more vicious.

Yeah' date=' that is kinda quick for a legit purple belt, I think. But who knows?? lol[/quote']

Yeah he's only been in UFC for what 2 years? He knew no BJJ when he got here and from that to purple belt in 2 years........I don't think so. BJ didn't even do it that fast LOL

Hell I just got my brown belt and I've been doing it for 10 years!! (on and off)

Cant wait to see him fight again...And from the last fights his striking looked good enough 2 overwhelm ......But with kick boxing maybe judo and BJJ skills added he would be dominance for many years.A big machida so to say but more vicious.

How the hell is he like Machida. How can you even compare them. I dont se Lesnar ever being elusive. Machida is a real fighter and Brock lesnar is only good beacuse of his strength and size. And the thought of him using jujitsu is just ridicoulus to me. No way he is purple belt unless they just gave it to him. So you are saying he only need kickboxing, judo and BJJ:) Every fighter would be good with those things, but they just arent so easy to learn as one would think.

How the hell is he like Machida. How can you even compare them. I dont se Lesnar ever being elusive. Machida is a real fighter and Brock lesnar is only good beacuse of his strength and size. And the thought of him using jujitsu is just ridicoulus to me. No way he is purple belt unless they just gave it to him. So you are saying he only need kickboxing' date=' judo and BJJ:) Every fighter would be good with those things, but they just arent so easy to learn as one would think.[/quote']

LOL agreed

Brock is very athletic but will never be a Machida type of fighter.....Hes a brawler/wrestler and will be just fine with those skill!

Although wouldn't it be funny to see Brock beat Mir with like an Omaplata or Flying armbar LOL

just have to see more of him,to soon to judge.I can't wait to see different upcoming fighters that will match up differently for him,like Kongo,Minotauro,or Carwin.nothing against Mir,I give him a chance still,if he wins it'll shut down the hype.

Regardless,Brock is ENTERTAINING to watch.

How the hell is he like Machida. How can you even compare them. I dont se Lesnar ever being elusive. Machida is a real fighter and Brock lesnar is only good beacuse of his strength and size. And the thought of him using jujitsu is just ridicoulus to me. No way he is purple belt unless they just gave it to him. So you are saying he only need kickboxing' date=' judo and BJJ:) Every fighter would be good with those things, but they just arent so easy to learn as one would think.[/quote']

Look how fast BJ got his black belt?

Natural talent is what he is...If he was not elusive mir would have knocked him out or anyone for that matter...Fighting is like dancing or riding a bike or swimming either you got it or you dont.Some just excell past others like machida the spider or any other person that dominates.And all he needs to learn is escapes from all those afraid of getting KO ed by his hands of stone.If he learns kicks knees elbows and subs he will crush all before him.

...Fighting is like dancing or riding a bike or swimming either you got it or you dont.....

Except for the small factor of being inside a cage with a man who has trained for months to either knock your head off, break one of your bones, or kill the blood supply to your cerebral lobe. Other than that, it's a lot like dancing.

I'm just messing with ya, I know what you mean and I'm not a Brock hater at all. I just think some guys need to slow down and watch what happens. He's proven to be a legitimate fighter but he has more to prove.

Except for the small factor of being inside a cage with a man who has trained for months to either knock your head off' date=' break one of your bones, or kill the blood supply to your cerebral lobe. Other than that, it's a lot like dancing.

I'm just messing with ya, I know what you mean and I'm not a Brock hater at all. I just think some guys need to slow down and watch what happens. He's proven to be a legitimate fighter but he has more to prove.[/quote']

I am a huge Brock Fan but I would have to agree that it is too soon to tell If he is going to be BIG threat to everybody.

I refuse to consider Brock a legitimate champion until he beats Mir' date=' and I refuse to consider him deserving until he defends the undisputed championship at least once.[/quote']

I dont refuse to say that he is legitimate, but I agree we need to see him beat Mir and Defend the title before you can say he is a true Champ.

Even with wrestling alone as a background he is a force.Wait till he learns some tricks of the trade but as stated he has to defend the title a few times then he will be a TRU champ.And i am in no way insinuating that the ufc big man division is weak...Brock is just on a diffrent level even pre MMA passion he was a bad ****.Watch when he fights next my guess is he will be 50 times better than the last fight due to being around MMA all i am saying is he can only go UP much potential.And next fight he has with mir will tell it all.

if brock shows good sub. defense against mir everyone under 240 should be cutting to 205 because with anymore skills then he already has noone is going to have anything but a punchers chance

Mir isn't the best HW with subs. N0G and Gonzaga both have better ground games than Mir IMHO and would be able to sub Brock even if he shows some improvement against Mir

But your right about Brock if he gets to the point you can't sub him. Although for a good BJJ guy, NOBODY is to good to be subed!!

! thing i would like to see is brock clowning someone with a pyle driver or a body slam or a german suplex etc.After a shoot most are n a perfect position for a pyle driver and believe me it would KO anyone lol.But that would be a statement if he threw foos around like WWE lmao

Mir isn't the best HW with subs. N0G and Gonzaga both have better ground games than Mir IMHO and would be able to sub Brock even if he shows some improvement against Mir

But your right about Brock if he gets to the point you can't sub him. Although for a good BJJ guy' date=' NOBODY is to good to be subed!![/quote']

agree with everything there. ***,Gonzaga and mir are all 240 + .besides fedor i dont think anyone under 240 stands a chance and if brock shows much more skill i don't even see my favorite HW beating this beast

Man I just cant be silent anymore. And some people ask me how can I say that Brock is overrated. Just look at the half of this forum. The guy just sucks. If he wouldnt be so big and with the same skills he is having now, everyvone would be kicking the crap out of him. I am not saying he hasnt got potencial but all he has really done has won 2 out of 3 fights in the UFC. And we have people saying that every other HW should retire. I mean seriously like no one has ever won two fights in a row:P. I can think of alot of fighters who would beat him. I think Carwin, Gonzaga and Kongo would all beat him, maybe even Junior dos Santos. Outside of the UFC there are even more HW who have more than a chance of beating him. In reality I think he would even had a lot of problems with Bob sapp. I dont think the only way of winning against him is by submission like everyvone are saying. I am pretty sure that soon enough someone will KO him.

Man I just cant be silent anymore. And some people ask me how can I say that Brock is overrated. Just look at the half of this forum. The guy just sucks. If he wouldnt be so big and with the same skills he is having now' date=' everyvone would be kicking the crap out of him. I am not saying he hasnt got potencial but all he has really done has won 2 out of 3 fights in the UFC. And we have people saying that every other HW should retire. I mean seriously like no one has ever won two fights in a row:P. I can think of alot of fighters who would beat him. I think Carwin, Gonzaga and Kongo would all beat him, maybe even Junior dos Santos. Outside of the UFC there are even more HW who have more than a chance of beating him. In reality I think he would even had a lot of problems with Bob sapp. I dont think the only way of winning against him is by submission like everyvone are saying. I am pretty sure that soon enough someone will KO him.[/quote']

Fedor

N0G

Gonzaga

Carwin

Arlovski

Barnett

and maybe Kongo are all HW that have the potential to beat Brock

everyone of those heavyweights stands a good chance except Kongo turns into a turtle once on his back great striker good enough to KO anyone but again turtle.and i HATE lesnar and im hoping Mir can beat him i just don't see it happening. and if the biggest HW in UFC were to ever get well rounded like some of those guys in HW ya i see a few retirements happening and a few more LightHeavy Weights and thats a big IF.( he does already have a purple belt LOL)

Overeem could do well, IF he doesnt get GNPd out. That seems to be a place where he goes unconscious.

Arlovski would be good if he could keep it standing. I am not sure how good his ground game would be against Brock though.

Barnett I think matches up really well, and could more then likely beat Brock IF he came into the fight in good shape.

Kongo will die. Kongo has decent wrestling now, yes... but Brock would take him down at some point and kill him. Kongo has powerful striking, but Brock is a lot bigger then Kongo in almost every way you can be bigger then someone. He may even be faster.

Fedor is the only guy I could see that would be a scary match up for Brock. Brock would have trouble controlling Fedor on the ground, and he would also have trouble staying away from Fedors fast and powerful SUBs. Even in the stand up, Fedor has a good chance of finishing Brock before Brock finishes him.

Now... Bob Sapp is in a different weight class, so that fight will basically never happen. Even if it did, Brock would kill Bob Sapp. Brock is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY faster then Sapp, and Brock is probably just as strong or very close to the strength of Sapp. Brock also has more defined abilities, ESPECIALLY wrestling. Brock would **** Sapp up.

and to note, Brock does not suck. If he did, he wouldnt have killed Randy. If Brock sucked he would not have killed Herring. If Brock sucked he would not have a huge advantage coming into this fight over a "world class athlete" like Mir. If anyone is overrated out of the two, it is the pretty boy Mir.

everyone of those heavyweights stands a good chance except Kongo turns into a turtle once on his back great striker good enough to KO anyone but again turtle.and i HATE lesnar and im hoping Mir can beat him i just don't see it happening. and if the biggest HW in UFC were to ever get well rounded like some of those guys in HW ya i see a few retirements happening and a few more LightHeavy Weights and thats a big IF.( he does already have a purple belt LOL)

Brock has unbelievable wrestling. If he is doing No gi BJJ, a lot of his wrestling will naturally translate into BJJ. For instance, his balance, strength, and speed will be better then the regular beginner. He will also have the ability to be on top most of the time because of his power and control abilities. BJJ is not just about tapping someone, it has a lot of wrestling principles and ideas into it, and a bit of Judo and some other beautiful arts. If Brock is progressing at a high rate, I could see him being a purple belt. He trains every day for a lot of hours... a lot more then the average practitioner.

You wanna co-sponsor a I hate Mir thread Iwish???

I dont even hate Mir. I dont mind him at all. I have just seen Mirs supposed greatness, and it is not that good. Mir is just HIGHLY overrated, and has been through most of his career. He has okay BJJ, but that is all he really has. It is just sad to me that he is admired on a pedestal by thousands.

Brock has unbelievable wrestling. If he is doing No gi BJJ' date=' a lot of his wrestling will naturally translate into BJJ. For instance, his balance, strength, and speed will be better then the regular beginner. He will also have the ability to be on top most of the time because of his power and control abilities. BJJ is not just about tapping someone, it has a lot of wrestling principles and ideas into it, and a bit of Judo and some other beautiful arts. If Brock is progressing at a high rate, I could see him being a purple belt. He trains every day for a lot of hours... a lot more then the average practitioner.[/quote']

he definitely trains hard enough

I dont even hate Mir. I dont mind him at all. I have just seen Mirs supposed greatness' date=' and it is not that good. Mir is just HIGHLY overrated, and has been through most of his career. He has okay BJJ, but that is all he really has. It is just sad to me that he is admired on a pedestal by thousands.[/quote']

Yeah, I don't really HATE him. I'm just sick of people thinking hes a BJJ god or some crap....so many better HWs IMO

Brock has yet to go to a decision why because he dominates.So far the fights he has had he has overpowerD his opponents. Only mir got lucky and beleive one thing if brock ripped his leg out of that lock mirs head would look like a pumkin mir truely got saved from a serious KO.....

Kongo or Carwin can beat him but other than that I dont see anybody else doing it soon. I still dislike Brock tho. I cant respect a man with a cawk tatooed on his chest.

You forgot Fedor, and possibly Arlofski... Probably not, but Barnet has a chance in hell too.

I don't like Lesnar.

I don't like his attitude.

I don't like how he has been treated prefferentially by Dana in getting a title shot so soon.

Hell, I don't even like the way he looks.

Having said all that, he is going to be a beast once he gets some more experience under his belt.

Mir will beat him in their match, but it will be the last loss that Lesnar has for a while.

I don't like Lesnar.

I don't like his attitude.

I don't like how he has been treated prefferentially by Dana in getting a title shot so soon.

Hell' date=' I don't even like the way he looks.

Having said all that, he is going to be a beast once he gets some more experience under his belt.

Mir will beat him in their match, but it will be the last loss that Lesnar has for a while.[/quote']

Wait a second... I thought RANDY COUTURE wanted that fight???? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Archived