Who should Nate Marquardt fight next?

ricoj3323

i think Marquardt got shafted because he should be getting a title shot but now Demian Maia will reportedly get a title shot in August. i would have liked to seen Maia fight Marquardt in a number one contender match but that wont happen. so that leaves Nate in a weird place, i think Nate should fight the winner of Dan Miller and Yushin Okami or Patrick Cote. i'm kind of leaning towards the winner of dan Miller vs. Yushin Okami because that would set up a potentially awesome fight between Okami and Marquardt.

I'd say THE CROW or THE ROCK just cause Marquardt needs to fight and not sit around that long.

well i disagree with you because neither Nate Quarry or David Loiseau are ready for Marquardt, they are not top contenders and Marquardt deserves to fight only top contenders from here on out

well i disagree with you because neither Nate Quarry or David Loiseau are ready for Marquardt' date=' they are not top contenders and Marquardt deserves to fight only top contenders from here on out[/quote']

I agree here. There is no reason for Nate to fight anyone that is nowhere near his standing in the division. Dont get me wrong, I really like Loiseau, but Nate has earned the right to only fight top 5 guys, and these two are not it.

In a fight against these guys, Nate wins 9 times out of 10, but there is always a risk of a punchers chance (or elbow in Crows case) ending it. Although saying this, that is one of the reasons I respect Kenflo so much for not sitting around waiting.

Nate should fight Okami (cos he should win for sure methinks). He should really be fighting Maia, and thats the fight I would prefer to see, but I guess that isnt going to happen. Nate will destroy Cote I think, but thats the only other fight he should even contemplate.

I agree here. There is no reason for Nate to fight anyone that is nowhere near his standing in the division. Dont get me wrong' date=' I really like Loiseau, but Nate has earned the right to only fight top 5 guys, and these two are not it.

In a fight against these guys, Nate wins 9 times out of 10, but there is always a risk of a punchers chance (or elbow in Crows case) ending it. Although saying this, that is one of the reasons I respect Kenflo so much for not sitting around waiting.

Nate should fight Okami (cos he should win for sure methinks). He should really be fighting Maia, and thats the fight I would prefer to see, but I guess that isnt going to happen. Nate will destroy Cote I think, but thats the only other fight he should even contemplate.[/quote']

Yes Marquardt should be fighting Maia, but looks like that won't be happening. So if Okami wins then we should see a fight between the two. Cote is not a good fight for Nate unless Nate will stand the whole time. Theres really no one left for Nate. ANDERSON SILVA

I was thinking Maia was a very logical choice, but since he's getting his shot, I would like to see him fight the loser of Silva-Leites (although more than likely to be Leites). I know the UFC likes doing winner-winner match-ups but a winner-loser match-up isn't unheard of. The winner of Okami-Miller doesn't sound like a half-bad idea though, but I just wanna see Okami get his damn title shot already.

Nate The Great is far more deserving than Thales Leites..he lost his bout against Leites and yet, he dominated him..he got one pt deduction due to the piledriver move..and how about the winner of Hendo vs. Bisping? let us not forget about them, those two are title contenders as well..Wheew, The Spider has a lot to think about..he will be the certified best of all time if he beats most of the guys mentioned above.

Dont forget about Henderson vs. Bisping. When Bisping beats him he deserves a title shot or at least a top contender match up. I think a Bisping Marquardt fight in september to see who fights the champ in december would be nice. Because Maia is fighting him in august and the UFC already sent the offer but that will not be a good fight. But Marquardt may fight Lietes again over the summer when Lietes loses to Silva on the 18th. Big year in the Middle weight division that for sure.

And okami and Patrick Cote should be no where near a title shot because all Cote did was try and look cool by standing on the outside and circling and backing up all fight. And then he ruins a paperview card by tearing his acl. And Okami has to win 2 or 3 more fights before hes even mentioned.

Right now it should be

1. Bisping/ Henderson winner

2. Nate The Great

3. Demian Maia

4. Alan Belcher

5 Okami

1.Nate Marquardt

2.Bisping vs. Henderson winner

3.Damian Maya

The next in line to fight Silva vs. Lietes winner is very crowded.

i dunno why Maya is in that list... hes not beat any top 5 guy yet... and you left out Okami who has beat everyone but Rich in the Div basicaly

1.Nate Marquardt

2.Bisping vs. Henderson winner

3.Damian Maya

The next in line to fight Silva vs. Lietes winner is very crowded.

I agree with this except the order basically.

1. Bisping Vs Hendo winner

2. Nate Marquardt vs either Maia, Okami, or Thales (believing that Thales will lose of course)

and 3. Okami vs Maia, or Thales... the person who Marquardt does not fight next. This will then put them into immediate title contention IMO. Also Wilson Gouveia could be a test for someone who is going to make it into title contention, or but if he won he would not get the title shot at this point.

2. Nate Marquardt vs either Maia' date=' Okami, or Thales (believing that Thales will lose of course)

and 3. Okami vs Maia, or Thales... the person who Marquardt does not fight next. This will then put them into immediate title contention IMO. Also Wilson Gouveia could be a test for someone who is going to make it into title contention, or but if he won he would not get the title shot at this point.[/quote']

Need we say more. I think that is best for all the top Middles.

i think Marquardt got shafted because he should be getting a title shot but now Demian Maia will reportedly get a title shot in August. i would have liked to seen Maia fight Marquardt in a number one contender match but that wont happen. so that leaves Nate in a weird place' date=' i think Nate should fight the winner of Dan Miller and Yushin Okami or Patrick Cote. i'm kind of leaning towards the winner of dan Miller vs. Yushin Okami because that would set up a potentially awesome fight between Okami and Marquardt.[/quote']

i think Patrick Cote would be a good fight

i think Patrick Cote would be a good fight

yeah this could be interesting, then whoever wins gets a title shot, because if Cote loses against NAte Marquardt then we will know Cote was bound to lose against Silva

but then again NAte already fought Anderson, so maybe Nate fighting okami makes sense

is any fight set up between any of thses?

Marquardt vs Bisping

I'm not talking ranks' date=' who deserves a shot blah blah blah. Just a fight I really want to see and one that would be exciting.[/quote']

hmmm... I dont know if my two cents is worth anything but I feel Bispings worst match up is Marquardt. Marquardt IMO is better at every single thing then Bisping is. Bisping improves quickly, but Marquardt....... He is just DAMN GOOD. Bispings striking might be slightly more technical, but I still think Marquardt has the power advantage. I think it could go three rounds, but Marquardt would get the UD IMO.

hmmm... I dont know if my two cents is worth anything but I feel Bispings worst match up is Marquardt. Marquardt IMO is better at every single thing then Bisping is. Bisping improves quickly' date=' but Marquardt....... He is just DAMN GOOD. Bispings striking might be slightly more technical, but I still think Marquardt has the power advantage. I think it could go three rounds, but Marquardt would get the UD IMO.[/quote']

Ya, I think Nate is better and would most likely win. But I think bispings speed would make it interesting. & I wanna see bisping fight quality opponents, therefore: good fight imo.

2. Nate Marquardt vs either Maia' date=' Okami, or Thales (believing that Thales will lose of course)

and 3. Okami vs Maia, or Thales... the person who Marquardt does not fight next. This will then put them into immediate title contention IMO. Also Wilson Gouveia could be a test for someone who is going to make it into title contention, or but if he won he would not get the title shot at this point.[/quote']

I didnt really put them in any particular order and maybe I missed a few and maybe Maia isnt deserving but he seems to be the buzz right now. But you gotta admit it is crowded and less apparent who should be next than the other weight divisions....

I didnt really put them in any particular order and maybe I missed a few and maybe Maia isnt deserving but he seems to be the buzz right now. But you gotta admit it is crowded and less apparent who should be next than the other weight divisions....

Most definitely. I just tried my best to figure out how/why certain things should happen. I think you were pretty damn close anyways IMO.

Ya' date=' I think Nate is better and would most likely win. But I think bispings speed would make it interesting. & I wanna see bisping fight quality opponents, therefore: good fight imo.[/quote']

I agree that would be a very good fight. Nate would win I think, but like you said, I'd like to see what Nate does about Bispings speed. Not only that, Bisping improves after almost every fight IMO. It might be a scary prospect for others in the division!!

I agree that would be a very good fight. Nate would win I think' date=' but like you said, I'd like to see what Nate does about Bispings speed. Not only that, Bisping improves after almost every fight IMO. It might be a scary prospect for others in the division!![/quote']

What the h*ll, he hasn't fought anybody at 185 yet (cans don't count)! So how does he improve every fight? He's hyped up for the $$$$$ aspect. Nothing more... we will all see that soon enough.

What the h*ll' date=' he hasn't fought anybody at 185 yet (cans don't count)! So how does he improve every fight? He's hyped up for the $$$$$ aspect. Nothing more... we will all see that soon enough.[/quote']

I agree that he is a cash cow for UFC and they hype him, but it doesn't mean he isn't a skilled fighter. And I didn't mean after every 185 fight, I ment in ALL his fights. Last time I looked he beat a VERY good wrestler in Matt Hamill and took the champion Evans to a split SD. And lets not leave out his 185 fight in which he punished Leben for three rounds. Chris isn't great but he is a solid fighter and very heavy handed, and Bisping out punched him. Maybe its just me but I've seen him improve since the UF and he looks better each time I see him IMO.

I agree that he is a cash cow for UFC and they hype him' date=' but it doesn't mean he isn't a skilled fighter. And I didn't mean after every 185 fight, I ment in ALL his fights. Last time I looked he beat a VERY good wrestler in Matt Hamill and took the champion Evans to a split SD. And lets not leave out his 185 fight in which he punished Leben for three rounds. Chris isn't great but he is a solid fighter and very heavy handed, and Bisping out punched him. Maybe its just me but I've seen him improve since the UF and he looks better each time I see him IMO.[/quote']

I used to like Bisping. That changed after the Leben fight. He ran plain and simple. Yes his reach helped him stay out side and land, but he ran. Leben put his hands down for crying out loud and just walked at him and Bisping still peddled away (he literally tried to run after him a couple of times). He presented an opportunity for Bisping to capitalize on (to possibly end the fight) and Bisping was to scared to take it. (i heard this in another thread and it fits here) Bisping was NOT fighting to win, he was just trying not to lose.

I used to like Bisping. That changed after the Leben fight. He ran plain and simple. Yes his reach helped him stay out side and land' date=' but he ran. Leben put his hands down for crying out loud and just walked at him and Bisping still peddled away (he literally tried to run after him a couple of times). He presented an opportunity for Bisping to capitalize on (to possibly end the fight) and Bisping was to scared to take it. (i heard this in another thread and it fits here) Bisping was NOT fighting to win, he was just trying not to lose.[/quote']

I give you that. Bisping was avoiding going inside. But, isn't that using your head against someone like Chris who could knock out most people with one well timed left hand. I think it also had a LOT to do with him not wanting to lose in the UK! If they fought here I think you would see him mix it up a little more inside

I agree that he is a cash cow for UFC and they hype him' date=' but it doesn't mean he isn't a skilled fighter. And I didn't mean after every 185 fight, I ment in ALL his fights. Last time I looked he beat a VERY good wrestler in Matt Hamill and took the champion Evans to a split SD. And lets not leave out his 185 fight in which he punished Leben for three rounds. Chris isn't great but he is a solid fighter and very heavy handed, and Bisping out punched him. Maybe its just me but I've seen him improve since the UF and he looks better each time I see him IMO.[/quote']

he did not beat Hammil

I give you that. Bisping was avoiding going inside. But' date=' isn't that using your head against someone like Chris who could knock out most people with one well timed left hand. I think it also had a LOT to do with him not wanting to lose in the UK! If they fought here I think you would see him mix it up a little more inside[/quote']

Agree, its smart of him not going inside. I'm talking about him not taking opportunitys that were smack dead in his face! He was fighting a scared fight.

Agree' date=' its smart of him not going inside. I'm talking about him not taking opportunitys that were smack dead in his face! He was fighting a scared fight.[/quote']

Agreed, but I go back to the point of a healthy respect for Chris' power and being in his first main event in the UK! You know Bisping, you think he wanted to take a chance on losing there, in the MAIN EVENT...hell no. I'd love to see them fight again, but over here.

he did not beat Hammil

I don't think so either. But the judges gave it to him so its a win. By all rights Hamill should have rolled Bisping, but he didn't which is exactly my point. Bisping is improving with each fight. Hamill let it stay close and lost it on the score cards. Its his own fault. No matter how we feel, its still a L for Hamill and a BIG W for Bisping.

as long as Cicil peoples is not judgin me too

cecil peoples lol

he is the judge that calls a fight 30-27 for a person and the other two judges have it 30-27 for the other person

i bet he is the judge that told JArdine he lost the fight because of the last knockdown

Agree' date=' its smart of him not going inside. I'm talking about him not taking opportunitys that were smack dead in his face! He was fighting a scared fight.[/quote']

That was the last ten seconds of the fight when Leben put his hands down.

Plain and simple, Bisping won and won well, he didnt have a mark on him after the fight, while Lebens face looked like a busted sofa!

It is a results business when all is said and done, and Bisping did exactly what he had to do, WIN..

Archived