Sign in to follow this  
Fighter9

What do you think about the Brits?

First' date=' D_V, you did not really say anything there that I disagree with. I never said Demarques is great. Personally I do not like him much. Just trying to set the record straight on the smack talk thing. I think he is looking for his 5 minutes of fame and coming off as much of an **** as Bisping.

And Mr.Bruce, you still say that you hate smack talk, but "hats off to him."

Again, this is bias hypocrisy. And the fact that you do not see that is laughable.

The fact that I am American has no bearing on who I thought won that Hamil fight.

And Bisping is not the arrogant big headed type? Again, laughable.

I am not trying to manipulate anything. You said what you said. Again hypocrisy.

If you have read any of my posts other then these, you would know that I am pulling for Ross on the show. Oh crap, there goes your whole "yank" thing I guess.

And, I have no respect for Bisping. In my opinion he does not deserve it. And, I think it is funny that you tell me to "get over it" but you feel it necessary to write a book for every post.

Take a deep breath, get your thoughts together and stop rambling.[/quote']

As i said in an earlier post G row , that's is my opinion and obviously you have your's , but for you to try and scrutinise my opinion and tell me i am a hypocrite etc , sorry lad it ain't happening , not in this lifetime ! So that's what forums are for aren't they debating as i did say earlier in a post to yourself , but when you start calling people , then that's not debating , that's crossing the line IMHO . So i will agree to disagree with you and stick with my opinion and reasons as i have spealt out for you in the previous post , and you will obviously stick to your's end of ! Not rambling and breathing nice and easy as alway's when i post , also not getting personnel , Yet ! Is anyone allowed an opinion different to your's with you being a Mod ? LMAO .

I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy in you post.

I am glad you can make yourself laugh at it.

But, pointing out that someone has a very clear double standard, has nothing to do with being a mod. And, it is not a matter of opinion.

I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy in you post.

I am glad you can make yourself laugh at it.

But' date=' pointing out that someone has a very clear double standard, has nothing to do with being a mod. And, it is not a matter of opinion.[/quote']

No prob's ! that is your Bias opinion again as i have pointed out , and the fact is i am LMAO at you , not me ! So clearly one doesn't understand English grammar , does one ? As i have in my very 1st post you tried to make out i was a hypocrite , when actually i have said and still say i don't like Smack talk = when people are actually , big headed and meaningfull in what they say i.e i want him to go out of here in an ambulance etc ! Bisbing's Smack talk i don't like either as i have said , but upon reading his Blog and why he is doing it = to mess with team America's head's and get them less focused , i did say if it work's hats off to him ! correct ? and at no point has he been Malicious or just big headed , from what i have seen , anyway . So that's my opinion and i will stick with it thank's . Just to point out though , i am 1 show behind you lot in the USA as it is on Virgin1 on a Sunday at 11pm and we are only upto episode 4 , so if anything has altered my opinion in number 5 , i will be sure to let you know buddy .

But, the reasons for smack talk go both ways.

And you say my bias opinion, but yet I am pulling for one or more of the UK fighters. Not sure how that is bias.

So far, the only American I pulled for was Santino. That is because of his story. Unfortunately he is not much of a fighter.

And, I disagree with your thoughts that Bisping is not big headed. I mean, come on.

So, lets review.

You said the Americans started the smack talk. I said they did not.

You said that Bisping is not big headed, I said he is.

You said Bispings reasons for the smack talk make it OK, I say that goes both ways.

I understand pulling for your Country, and I respect that. But you shouldn't, in my opinion, do so with blinders on.

You come off kinda smug in your posts.

i just got to say anyone who names himself MrBruceLee is an Ѡ-hat and totaly disrespectful to the man who basicaly brought martial arts to the US

i just got to say anyone who names himself MrBruceLee is an Ѡ-hat and totaly disrespectful to the man who basicaly brought martial arts to the US

You mean... Asian martial arts correct?

As from my knowledge, boxing and kickboxing were here before that, just kickboxing was not overly popular. They are still Martial Arts though.

You mean... Asian martial arts correct?

As from my knowledge' date=' boxing and kickboxing were here before that, just kickboxing was not overly popular. They are still Martial Arts though.[/quote'] meaning arts other then boxing yes...

But' date=' the reasons for smack talk go both ways.

And you say my bias opinion, but yet I am pulling for one or more of the UK fighters. Not sure how that is bias.

So far, the only American I pulled for was Santino. That is because of his story. Unfortunately he is not much of a fighter.

And, I disagree with your thoughts that Bisping is not big headed. I mean, come on.

So, lets review.

You said the Americans started the smack talk. I said they did not.

You said that Bisping is not big headed, I said he is.

You said Bispings reasons for the smack talk make it OK, I say that goes both ways.

I understand pulling for your Country, and I respect that. But you shouldn't, in my opinion, do so with blinders on.

You come off kinda smug in your posts.[/quote']

You thinking i am Smug , i am as common a man as they come G row , and have had no silver spoon in my mouth let alone my hand , the fact's are there as you have put them and as for the 1st show i seen in the UK , i am sure that Damarques started it , not the Americans ! [ it may have been edited 4 us in the UK ] , i will check though . The Bisbing being Big Headed could go on and on , you have your opinion and i have mine , the same applie's to the Smack talk and the way i see it differently and if it work's , as long as it doesn't get Malicious etc . I am pulling for David Faulkner most but the rest of the Team UK aswell obviously , unless they become a Kn*b like Damarques , then i would want them beat and gone . I also think Ritchie Whitson seem's to be a great lad with alot of potential and i would want him to win should the Brit's act up . I will say now though that whatever your opinion of me , i did say in an earlier post i was up for a bit of banter and said something along the line's of Yanks spanked and immediatley after said i was only jokin . You have come accross as very arrogant in your post's to me . I came on here not to argue at all , but also not to be dictated to or spoken to like a blert . So i will say say i respect your opinion even if you don't respect mine .

So are you the name Police now BEAUT ?

So are you the name Police now BEAUT ?

no i am just respectful to a person that made things like MMA possible... because if you really look at it from a logical point of view... until Bruce Lee everyone was so into the fact that their style was the best that they never considered looking at the the pluses and minuses of another style... That is the reason Jeet Kune Do was first made... it was built around taking the best from one style and throwing away the garbage that was not functional...

but some pretentious (insert bad word) like you just thought taking his name would be cool without knowing anything about him... so i can never have respect for you because you show such a disrespect for a person like Bruce Lee

no i am just respectful to a person that made things like MMA possible... because if you really look at it from a logical point of view... until Bruce Lee everyone was so into the fact that their style was the best that they never considered looking at the the pluses and minuses of another style... That is the reason Jeet Kune Do was first made... it was built around taking the best from one style and throwing away the garbage that was not functional...

but some pretentious prick like you just thought taking his name would be cool without knowing anything about him... so i can never have respect for you because you show such a disrespect for a person like Bruce Lee

Get a grip you complete (insert insult) ? Seriously are you ?

You thinking i am Smug ' date=' i am as common a man as they come G row , and have had no silver spoon in my mouth let alone my hand , the fact's are there as you have put them and as for the 1st show i seen in the UK , i am sure that Damarques started it , not the Americans ! [ it may have been edited 4 us in the UK '] , i will check though . The Bisbing being Big Headed could go on and on , you have your opinion and i have mine , the same applie's to the Smack talk and the way i see it differently and if it work's , as long as it doesn't get Malicious etc . I am pulling for David Faulkner most but the rest of the Team UK aswell obviously , unless they become a Kn*b like Damarques , then i would want them beat and gone . I also think Ritchie Whitson seem's to be a great lad with alot of potential and i would want him to win should the Brit's act up . I will say now though that whatever your opinion of me , i did say in an earlier post i was up for a bit of banter and said something along the line's of Yanks spanked and immediatley after said i was only jokin . You have come accross as very arrogant in your post's to me . I came on here not to argue at all , but also not to be dictated to or spoken to like a blert . So i will say say i respect your opinion even if you don't respect mine .

I am not trying to be an **** here, but I did not understand half of what you just said. I assume there were not any compliments.

I do understand the part where you called me arrogant. If that is what you think, more power to you.

I am not trying to be an **** here' date=' but I did not understand half of what you just said. I assume there were not any compliments.

I do understand the part where you called me arrogant. If that is what you think, more power to you.[/quote']

Sorry G row ,

I don't know what you didn't understand , but i was basically saying that us having different opinions and going back and forth backing them up was silly , and i also said i really liked Ritchie Whitson on the USA team and thought he was a great lad with alot of potential . I will also say again that i came on here not to argue at all , and i will again say say i respect your opinion even if you don't respect mine . I have looked back through a few of your post's and feel i may have offened you with my first post saying Yanks spanked then i said only joking , although i did think that forum's are for debating and banter , i do understand if the word Yank offend's you and if you would of come and told me i would of apoligised straight away , as i never intentionally meant to offend you at all or any of your fellow countrymen , so please accept my apoligies if i have , oh and sorry for the language that i used in retaliation [ which is no excuse i know ] to Hizoka .

Sorry G row ' date='

I don't know what you didn't understand , but i was basically saying that us having different opinions and going back and forth backing them up was silly , and i also said i really liked Ritchie Whitson on the USA team and thought he was a great lad with alot of potential . I will also say again that i came on here not to argue at all , and i will again say say i respect your opinion even if you don't respect mine . I have looked back through a few of your post's and feel i may have offened you with my first post saying Yanks spanked then i said only joking , although i did think that forum's are for debating and banter , i do understand if the word Yank offend's you and if you would of come and told me i would of apoligised straight away , as i never intentionally meant to offend you at all or any of your fellow countrymen , so please accept my apoligies if i have , oh and sorry for the language that i used in retaliation [ which is no excuse i know '] to Hizoka .

TO FREAKIN LATE!!! I'm offended!!!! Culture war in 3....2.....1...... j/k man

trying to lighten the mood! :D

TO FREAKIN LATE!!! I'm offended!!!! Culture war in 3....2.....1...... j/k man

trying to lighten the mood! :D

Like it Ju , how u been m8 ? hope ur good . I av just got back from Anfield after watching Liverpool F.C play , i work for them so all my home games are free , so i just travel to the away games as a fan , they are my 1st passion if i am honest . We won 3-0 anyway not that you wanted to know about what you guy's call soccer or me either , just a little different than silly arguments pal .

Like it Ju ' date=' how u been m8 ? hope ur good . I av just got back from Anfield after watching Liverpool F.C play , i work for them so all my home games are free , so i just travel to the away games as a fan , they are my 1st passion if i am honest . We won 3-0 anyway not that you wanted to know about what you guy's call soccer or me either , just a little different than silly arguments pal .[/quote']

Thanx

but I'm an atheist not a JU :)

Just remember that in the uk we dont really do this sport.As ever usa have started something and we are relativly new to it.Im glad we got a couple of wins but believe the usa are too strong.

Just remember that in the uk we dont really do this sport.As ever usa have started something and we are relativly new to it.Im glad we got a couple of wins but believe the usa are too strong.

See, I disagree. I think you guys will do fine. These are not the best that the US has to offer. By far. Not sure if it is the best from the UK, but I think I heard Bisping say something like that.

Again, it is way too early to tell.

See' date=' I disagree. I think you guys will do fine. These are not the best that the US has to offer. By far. Not sure if it is the best from the UK, but I think I heard Bisping say something like that.

Again, it is way too early to tell.[/quote']

the best from the US are already pretty much in the UFC... as far as UK fighters in the UFC there is basicaly Bisping... so they have basicaly got the cream of the crop from the UK fighting the C rated fighters of the US

What you have is the best of a very limited number of guys.As usual if we win its against your c grade guys.Our guys can only fight who you put in front of them.

What you have is the best of a very limited number of guys.As usual if we win its against your c grade guys.Our guys can only fight who you put in front of them.

I agree, but there is a lot more to this then just the show. This is a gateway to the UFC for a lot of these fighters. Bigger picture involved then just the two who win. Look at how many TUF guys still fight in the UFC but did not win the show.

And, as we have seen from past seasons........the UK can beat all but two guys from the US....winning almost every fight on the show. Then lose to both in the Finals. And it could go the other way.

I think he is british... so that could be a spoiler. I figured team UK would have put him up against Ross.. Or Lawson/Faulkner... which ever one is the other LW.

Lawson would have easily finished him because of his extremely dangerous BJJ.

Ross... well... yeah.

I think he is british... so that could be a spoiler. I figured team UK would have put him up against Ross.. Or Lawson/Faulkner... which ever one is the other LW.

Lawson would have easily finished him because of his extremely dangerous BJJ.

Ross... well... yeah.

LOL agreed

The U.S. had a good fight last ***ht. Even t**ugh I hate Cameron Dollar, he was a beast.

But, Frank Lester is a *****!!! You need to listen to the coach's advice, you ****er! What a ****face! This is what you call a dumb ****!

The U.S. had a good fight last night. Even though I hate Cameron Dollar' date=' he was a beast.

But, Frank Lester is a *****!!! You need to listen to the coach's advice, you asswipe! What a ****face! This is what you call a dumb ****![/quote']

LOL.....are we bitter man? :)

The U.S. had a good fight last night. Even though I hate Cameron Dollar' date=' he was a beast.

But, Frank Lester is a *****!!! You need to listen to the coach's advice, you asswipe! What a ****face! This is what you call a dumb ****![/quote']

Really?

Yup so..... COMPLETELY unimpressed by the US guys. I cant even explain how bad they looked IMO. they had better hope that those other two guys are pretty good. The only guy I thought that looked like he had potential' date=' but was giving his back away like candy was the red headed afro kid. The guy who beat his friend up wasnt bad either, but he didnt impress me... and Mazzagatti did some great reffing again :rolleyes:

I am going with UK on this one ladies and gents.[/quote']

The US are doing alot better than most peope expecteted. 3-2? This isn't a GIMMIE season for the UK like most people thought after the prelims/ qualifying matches.

took a big sip of your hater-aide.. LOL.. that was funny..

LOL did I say that is this thread? I though it was in another one.

Thanx though :)

The US are doing alot better than most peope expecteted. 3-2? This isn't a GIMMIE season for the UK like most people t**ught after the prelims/ qualifying matches.

Good point. Next week is when Red head, Ross, Lawson and Faulkner fight... so I am seeing at least ONE amazing Brit or USA guy go **me... which is very sad. Most of the better UK guys are fighting next week t**ugh for the LW division (Ross Pearson, and Jeff Lawson).

Good point. Next week is when Red head' date=' Ross, Lawson and Faulkner fight... so I am seeing at least ONE amazing Brit or USA guy go **me... which is very sad. Most of the better UK guys are fighting next week t**ugh for the LW division (Ross Pearson, and Jeff Lawson).[/quote']

Finally!!! I can't wait for Ross to fight, and Faulkner too

Finally!!! I can't wait for Ross to fight' date=' and Faulkner too[/quote']

Can't wait to see red head fight too. Hendo wasn't kidding when he said he was scrappy.

Sh!t I didn't even think he looked like a fighter.....

Can't wait to see red head fight too. Hendo wasn't kidding when he said he was scrappy.

Sh!t I didn't even think he looked like a fighter.....

Yeah he's cool, even t**ugh it looks like he has the herpily urpilys on his face!

Yeah he's cool' date=' even t**ugh it looks like he has the herpily urpilys on his face![/quote']

That's a huge nasty one too. Seen it in the previews for this week episode.

the only thing that could stop the UK team is the wrestling.... you guys do it at high school or whatever, but the only wrestling we know in this country comes with a big yellow T-Shirt that says "Hulk Rules"

Yeah he's cool' date=' even t**ugh it looks like he has the herpily urpilys on his face![/quote']

If it is, say goodbye. They will kick him off. Remember the last guy who had that, or something similar. . He got the boot.

the only thing that could stop the UK team is the wrestling.... you guys do it at high school or whatever' date=' but the only wrestling we know in this country comes with a big yellow T-Shirt that says "Hulk Rules"[/quote']

I agree, USA has better wrestling, but the UK still has animals like Ross Pearson and Andre Winner. Not to mention that other dude with the mohawk.

I thought Martin Stapleton would have won his fight, but Cameron Dollar surprised me with the victory!!

the only thing that could stop the UK team is the wrestling.... you guys do it at high school or whatever' date=' but the only wrestling we know in this country comes with a big yellow T-Shirt that says "Hulk Rules"[/quote']

Lots of Brits on here discount the wrestling aspect of MMA. Liek saying that's all they got---sometimes the wrestling alone is enough to win. It doesn't make for a spectacul;ar win but stiil a win.

If it is' date=' say goodbye. They will kick him off. Remember the last guy who had that, or something similar. . He got the boot.[/quote']

I don't think it is, just looks like it though

I hope not anyway. I like that kid, he's scrappy as hell

Wrestling is arguably the most important part of MMA... but you need at least a secondary skill like decent GNP, or BJJ in order for it to work properly.

But... if you have better striking and BJJ... then you will probably have a good chance of beating the wrestler before the bell...

If it goes to a decision though, the wrestlers win it 9/10 times.

Wrestling is arguably the most important part of MMA... but you need at least a secondary skill like decent GNP' date=' or BJJ in order for it to work properly.

But... if you have better striking and BJJ... then you will probably have a good chance of beating the wrestler before the bell...

If it goes to a decision though, the wrestlers win it 9/10 times.[/quote']

yeah but BJJ is for pu$$ies