UFC 100 Three Superfights announced

klamb51

Three superfights were just announced for UFC 100 on the UFC home page, along with a trailer for the event. These fights were pretty much known to happen but after watching that trailer I am so hyped. Mir vs. Lesnar, GSP vs. Alves, Henderson vs. Bisping, all on one night... I think I just crapped my pants.

hahaha ****ing awesome card mate isnt it? Im gonna have to go with Lesnar to beat Frank Mir, i know ALOT of fans wont agree with this but i just have a gut feeling Lesnar will be victorious. I think GSP will destroy Alves in the first round, hes far too adavanced for Alves, im being biast here though because GSP's my favourite fighter, and im gonna go with Bisping to beat Hendo on decision, some may not agree with my predicition however everyone is entitled to an opinion so before you keyboard gangsters come online and start giving abuse im only voicing my opions. If im wrong the **** it, i welcome the fights

hahaha ****ing awesome card mate isnt it? Im gonna have to go with Lesnar to beat Frank Mir' date=' i know ALOT of fans wont agree with this but i just have a gut feeling Lesnar will be victorious. I think GSP will destroy Alves in the first round, hes far too adavanced for Alves, im being biast here though because GSP's my favourite fighter, and im gonna go with Bisping to beat Hendo on decision, some may not agree with my predicition however everyone is entitled to an opinion so before you keyboard gangsters come online and start giving abuse im only voicing my opions. If im wrong the **** it, i welcome the fights[/quote']

Actually I agree with all 3 of you pics, only exception is that I don't see GSP finishing in the first round. 3rd sound more likely to me.

hahaha ****ing awesome card mate isnt it? Im gonna have to go with Lesnar to beat Frank Mir' date=' i know ALOT of fans wont agree with this but i just have a gut feeling Lesnar will be victorious. I think GSP will destroy Alves in the first round, hes far too adavanced for Alves, im being biast here though because GSP's my favourite fighter, and im gonna go with Bisping to beat Hendo on decision, some may not agree with my predicition however everyone is entitled to an opinion so before you keyboard gangsters come online and start giving abuse im only voicing my opions. If im wrong the **** it, i welcome the fights[/quote']

Haha I agree with you here man this is one hell of a card. I am pulling for GSP to beat Alves. I too think GSP will just use his raw talent to dominate him. I think GSP will put him on his back and pound him out after he stands with him for a bit. Henderson is going to be a huge test for Bisping to see what he's really made of. I think Bisping's best shot at winning is to stand and box with Henderson. Bisping looked very fast and fluid in his fight against Leben and I think he could use his speed to his advantage against Henderson. I am really psyched for the Mir vs. Lesnar fight. I am really eager to see how much Lesnar has evolved from his last fight with Randy. I think what a lot of people forget is that Lesnar is a hell of an athlete and he can pick up and develop skills really quickly. I want to see how his submission defense has evolved and if he will be willing to stand and bang with Mir.

Bones should be fighting that night too' date=' really excited to see him fighting again![/quote']

After seeing Bones fight in 94 I have became an instant fan, I think he has the potental to be massive.

I am feeling Mir, GSP and Hendo

Mir's my favourate fighter and I think he's primed to be better than he's ever been before, I wish that he had taken this attitude afew years ago. Lesnar may have improved since Mir beat him last time, but so has Mir. They are closer to the same size now.... I'd be worried that Mir's lost his speed advantage but watching both of their last fights I think it's going to end very quickly, or go the distance.

I think GSP-Alves makes a better main event than Mir-Lesnar' date=' but it may just be a bit of a bias on my end.

Either way, this card looks splendid indeed. My picks are:

Hendo - UD

GSP - late TKO or UD

Mir - early sub[/quote']

i was wanted to say something contrary but this sounds about right

Brock will prolly cry when he loses:eek:

Well this is sort of old news but...

I am taking Bisping, because Bisping is more well rounded, will more then likely outstrike Hendo, and possibly have a cardio advantage. Bisping also has good takedown defense which he is going to need to use frequently. BJJ advantage I think is Bispings as well, but not by much. I think the longer this fight is stood up, the more Bisping will inch away.

I am taking GSP in his fight because he is all around better or equal at everything compared to Alves. Enough said on that matter.

I am taking Brock because Brock has much better wrestling then Mir, more then likely preventing the fight from ever hitting the ground unless someone is KOd/TKOd. Brock has a serious power advantage and is probably just as faster, if not faster then Mir. Brock has also been working extremely hard on his BJJ defense, and since Mir is not a world class BJJ artist, I think Brock's unnatural strength and wrestling will prevent a submission from ever being thought of. On the feet, Brock just needs to hit him once or twice for the fight to end. Note:Mazzagatti will not be reffing this fight Mir fans :)

I picked Hendo initially when learning of the fight but i have and still reserve the right to change my mind on that one. I'm just not sold on hendo right now. The guy that beat Rousimar would win but the guy that fought Franklin will have trouble. i think bisping will feed off the stupid amount of energy that will be in the arena more than hendo and that he will be fresher in there. Mir I hate, so I'm not going to lie, I'd pick Dan the viking evenson to beat him if I had the chance. just to p.o. the Mir fans. But anyways, Iwish is right about that fight anyway, Lesnar easily. And GSP will rape Thiago. I think he is cautious in the first, holds him on the ropes a bit, takes him down in the second and wins that round convincingly and then takes him down and either subs him or KOs him in the third.

Well this is sort of old news but...

I am taking Bisping' date=' because Bisping is more well rounded, will more then likely outstrike Hendo, and possibly have a cardio advantage. Bisping also has good takedown defense which he is going to need to use frequently. BJJ advantage I think is Bispings as well, but not by much. I think the longer this fight is stood up, the more Bisping will inch away.

I am taking GSP in his fight because he is all around better or equal at everything compared to Alves. Enough said on that matter.

I am taking Brock because Brock has much better wrestling then Mir, more then likely preventing the fight from ever hitting the ground unless someone is KOd/TKOd. Brock has a serious power advantage and is probably just as faster, if not faster then Mir. Brock has also been working extremely hard on his BJJ defense, and since Mir is not a world class BJJ artist, I think Brock's unnatural strength and wrestling will prevent a submission from ever being thought of. On the feet, Brock just needs to hit him once or twice for the fight to end. Note:Mazzagatti will not be reffing this fight Mir fans :)[/quote']

lol@ brock working on sub defense

and im working on ktfo Fedor :cool:

I think this card is great. I got Frank Mir winning by submission in the second round early, I have Hendo losing to Bisping by split decision in a bout that will have very little ground game involved and I have GSP winning by knockout. I hope there are some good under card bouts too!!!

hahaha ****ing awesome card mate isnt it? Im gonna have to go with Lesnar to beat Frank Mir' date=' i know ALOT of fans wont agree with this but i just have a gut feeling Lesnar will be victorious.[/quote']

i think Lesnar will be the fav even though he has a loss to Mir.

lol@ brock working on sub defense

and im working on ktfo Fedor :cool:

Ummmm... Why cant he work on his SUB defense... he already has a great base' date=' and if you dont remember, he was defending Mirs subs in the first fight alone. Add to that a world BJJ champion helping him with his BJJ... and the limits are quite high. Its good to see you make things up in your head though :)

Florian will lose

Again... KenFlo is better every match and has been destroying people. To just say he will lose without a reason is like saying Penn will win without fighting.

I am going to the Florian-Penn fight' date=' I am so excited[/quote']

You have a right to be. It could be fight of the year.

Again... KenFlo is better every match and has been destroying people. To just say he will lose without a reason is like saying Penn will win without fighting.

lol i have tried talking to adam about this at a different forum, but whatever.

adam knows what i am talking about lol.

I've got Bisping beating Hendo by split decision and I think it will be a war. I got GSP tkoing Alves in the 3rd or 4th round. The Mir vs. Lesnar fight is a toss up for me. I honestly don't know who I would take in that fight this time around. I believe Coleman vs. Bonnar fight was also confirmed for UFC 100. That will be one hell of a fight.

I've got Bisping beating Hendo by split decision and I think it will be a war. I got GSP tkoing Alves in the 3rd or 4th round. The Mir vs. Lesnar fight is a toss up for me. I honestly don't know who I would take in that fight this time around. I believe Coleman vs. Bonnar fight was also confirmed for UFC 100. That will be one hell of a fight.

Yeah the thing I like about UFC 100 is that most of them are competitive matches. This actually thrills me a lot more then some of the oneside matchups Joe Silva makes. I dislike seeing a KO more then an intense 3 round fight that either finishes in the third, or is a decision.

I do hate decisions though because of certain CECIL PEOPLES!

Another good one, not for coleman though. I'd like to see Bonar win again. They are both going nowhere further in the sport in my opinion, so just a good match for the name value.

Gonna be an exciting card

Ummmm... Why cant he work on his SUB defense... he already has a great base' date=' and if you dont remember, he was defending Mirs subs in the first fight alone. Add to that a world BJJ champion helping him with his BJJ... and the limits are quite high. Its good to see you make things up in your head though :)

.[/quote']

he can work on it but i dont think it will matter was my point

I'm leaning more towards Brock, but i wouldn't put money on it.

I think its more that he NEEDS to work on his sub defence, because Mir's stand up has got much better since last time. I am giving this to Mir because I like him alot more and I think he's grown in leaps and bounds, however I have to respect that Lesnar has grown as a fighter as well. This being MMA theres too many ways to get caught out to be 100% on any one fighter.

I think its more that he NEEDS to work on his sub defence' date=' because Mir's stand up has got much better since last time. I am giving this to Mir because I like him alot more and I think he's grown in leaps and bounds, however I have to respect that Lesnar has grown as a fighter as well. This being MMA theres too many ways to get caught out to be 100% on any one fighter.[/quote']

Mirs BJJ isnt that good, I dont know why people keep making it sound like it is godly or something. Mirs stand up sucks compared to his BJJ, and that is saying something. To say he drastically improved in the Nog fight makes me want to slap and eat children because the statement makes little to no sense.

if lesnar can keep the fight standing for the first 3 rounds he is in with a good shot cause if he takes mir down and beats on him' date='its harder for mir to submit lesnar when he is sweaty,and maybe fatigue...[/quote']

This is a good point, but then again Brock is incredibly stronger then Mir and showed in the first fight with limited BJJ defense that Mirs SUB attempts were all being tossed to the side and Mir was nearly out until Mazz stopped it. Mir has never had good cardio either. Then again though, maybe the Mir fans will unite in Mir fantasy world, tie all their cardio together, and some how throw it to Mir...

Archived