UFC 100 Match Ups

KCC12

I know gsp is an extremely well rounded fighter with supreme striking and amazing wrestling even without a colligiate wrestling pedigree, but Im going to go with alves. I feel like an upset is going to happen, its mma...home to upsets!!!!! alves is dangerous while standing, and his weight has posed many of his opponents trouble. Now I know GSP has taken down and out wrestled many decorated wrestlers, but alves' weight and strength advantage should be enough to deter GSP's takedowns

As long as alves keeps the fight standing, alves will score a spectacular knock out......Alves may be known for his vicious muy thai, but he has underrated jujitsu and rarely uses it.... but when time does come and if gsp does take him down, alves should be able to defend it (if he learned a lesson from his fights in which he lost due to submissions)

I know gsp is an extremely well rounded fighter with supreme striking and amazing wrestling even without a colligiate wrestling pedigree' date=' but Im going to go with alves. I feel like an upset is going to happen, its mma...home to upsets!!!!! alves is dangerous while standing, and his weight has posed many of his opponents trouble. Now I know GSP has taken down and out wrestled many decorated wrestlers, but alves' weight and strength advantage should be enough to deter GSP's takedowns

As long as alves keeps the fight standing, alves will score a spectacular knock out......Alves may be known for his vicious muy thai, but he has underrated jujitsu and rarely uses it.... but when time does come and if gsp does take him down, alves should be able to defend it (if he learned a lesson from his fights in which he lost due to submissions)[/quote']

if it goes to the ground gsp gnp all the way. if standing alves might have a chance at an early knock out. but it has to be earlty. if not. later rounds favour george.

if it goes to the ground gsp gnp all the way. if standing alves might have a chance at an early knock out. but it has to be earlty. if not. later rounds favour george.

well it depends how early ot late in the game alves is taken down, cause if gsp takes him down early in the bout, alves could probably stand back up or swipe (very unlikely, but possible)

well it depends how early ot late in the game alves is taken down' date=' cause if gsp takes him down early in the bout, alves could probably stand back up or swipe (very unlikely, but possible)[/quote']

i see george taking alves down quick cuz he wont want any of his muay tai. but even being fresh and strong, i dont think alves will be able to do much. pierre is just such a great wrestler. i think he will most likely control him on the ground till he's tired. just like he did with penn on the cage only on the ground. alves's best chance is a k.o in the first min.

All said and done Alves has chance' date=' but I wouldn't bet the farm on him.

GSP rd 3 tko

80/20[/quote']

I like this. I think GSP will just come into that fight more prepared than he has ever been for a fight and just really stick it too Alves. I see him taking Alves down and keeping him there while beating his face in.

Yoshihiro Akiyama makes his UFC debut......can you say upset. I know theres alot of hype over this guy and he's a great fighter. Denis Kang is also a great fighter who got upset. I predict Alan "The Talent" Belcher, who always seems to be the underdog i think he KOs this guy. He's won 4 out of his last 5 fights seems to be on a pretty good roll to me. His performance against Kang was weak but he still pulled out the victory. Its just a matter of time before Belcher breaks out and seems to be close to that. Im looking foward to GSPs matchup, think it will be an exciting bout but I see GSP retaining the title. The main event Lesnar vs Mir, cant tell you how much I'm looking foward to this. Lesnar all the athletic ability in the world, brute strength and speed. Not a guy you want hammering on your head. Frank Mir technically sound, and showcased his boxing against Minotaur. Frank has excellent jiu jitsu. Im a big fan of both these guys. Brock I feel has the advantage with his size strength and speed. One little mistake from Brock and he'll be tapping tho. Frank is much more well rounded than Brock question is can he deal with all that speed and power. Its hard to call but I think Frank will find a flaw in Brocks armor and walks out 2 time UFC Heavyweight Champion!!

Yoshihiro Akiyama makes his UFC debut......can you say upset. I know theres alot of hype over this guy and he's a great fighter. Denis Kang is also a great fighter who got upset. I predict Alan "The Talent" Belcher' date=' who always seems to be the underdog i think he KOs this guy. He's won 4 out of his last 5 fights seems to be on a pretty good roll to me. His performance against Kang was weak but he still pulled out the victory. Its just a matter of time before Belcher breaks out and seems to be close to that. Im looking foward to GSPs matchup, think it will be an exciting bout but I see GSP retaining the title. The main event Lesnar vs Mir, cant tell you how much I'm looking foward to this. Lesnar all the athletic ability in the world, brute strength and speed. Not a guy you want hammering on your head. Frank Mir technically sound, and showcased his boxing against Minotaur. Frank has excellent jiu jitsu. Im a big fan of both these guys. Brock I feel has the advantage with his size strength and speed. One little mistake from Brock and he'll be tapping tho. Frank is much more well rounded than Brock question is can he deal with all that speed and power. Its hard to call but I think Frank will find a flaw in Brocks armor and walks out 2 time UFC Heavyweight Champion!![/quote']

I like what your sayen about Alan Belcher. Hes a top middleweight when hes acually taking the fight serious. He too Denis Kang serious in the 2nd round after he got beat up in the 1st round and he pulled off the SOTN with a sick gullitine. Hes on the way up and I think hes going to beat Yoshihiro Akiyama with a UD.

Archived