BJ Penn Vs GSP replay

delgado1

I just watched the replay tonight of the BJ vs GSP fight. I can see clearly the truth in GSP cheating in this fight. I has already forgot about it and blew it off but after watching the replay tonight it is easy to see. I understand protecting mixed martial arts. Still, GSP clearly cheated in this fight. You can see the vasoline on him through round 2-4. The first round GSP did no damage or anything to BJ. Actually, Bj won this round in my opinion. GSP kept the fight on the ground the whole fight. He did nothing on his feet except in the last round where BJ was already out of it. GSP cleary cheated. This had to be obvious to anyone who watched the replay. If you have not seen the replay, watch it and you will see. Had that vasoline not been on him and he kept the fight on the ground BJ would have won that fight. I could have understood if he hurt BJ on his feet throughout the whole fight but he did not. He did all the damage on the ground and BJ could not gain any type of leverage. He was slipping off GSP's back the whole fight. I am a true mixed martial arts fan and am pissed off at what I saw tonight

By the way; I did watch the fight when it first happened but could not see it like this. I see now how it really was.

Could be because all this is in your head and your seeing things with a skewd point of view. Look I wanted BJ to win to. And, I also just watched it agian. I saw the same thing I saw the first time. I saw a BJ lose a fight, that after the 1 round really wasn't even close. GSP had the perfect game plan and he executed it to perfection. BJ just lost. Maybe they'll fight again but if they do, BJ better come correct or GSP is going to make him look silly.

My problem with the "cheating part and the vaseline is even "IF" he was 'GREASED" up like you say, Penn still couldn't get up and fight,nor could he get a leg grip because of the sweat and vaseline from faces and gloves and he is built like a wedge, how do you REALLY hold on to that being sweaty and GSP getting the best of him (AGAIN), nor could he block the shots coming at him while STANDING up! WTH? How does that help GSP win? Is is some kind of super vaseline that makes him hit harder, does it make Penn not able to block the shots coming at him, does it make GSP fly in his superman hit TO HIS FACE!! Really?! I mean come on, when is BJ going to actually realize he IS beatable!! This is nuts it was nuts when BJ cried about then and I'm sure while still nursing that fat head of his he's still whining about it.. How about we do it again and again and again!! BJ wake up YOU LOST!!!!

Could be because all this is in your head and your seeing things with a skewd point of view. Look I wanted BJ to win to. And' date=' I also just watched it agian. I saw the same thing I saw the first time. I saw a BJ lose a fight, that after the 1 round really wasn't even close. GSP had the perfect game plan and he executed it to perfection. BJ just lost. Maybe they'll fight again but if they do, BJ better come correct or GSP is going to make him look silly.[/quote']

Amen

Bj Penn was getting owned in the Stand up game and even if Gsp was slicked up, that had absolutely no bearing. I watched the fight also and tonight was twice and i didnt see anything except sweat. The announcers even said they both where sweating making it hard for both fighters.

Penn fans can say what they want but the fact is that Penn will never have Anything to give Gsp. I don't think Bj even put a scratch on George the last fight. When you go up against Gsp, your going to need more then a ground game and i think Bj seemed to think that's all he needed. that's why he lost twice.

The Domination Gsp had on the stand up and the ability to take Bj to the ground every time still has nothing to do with " the Vaseline " That part is called skills.

Bj Penn was getting owned in the Stand up game and even if Gsp was slicked up' date=' that had absolutely no bearing. I watched the fight also and tonight was twice and i didnt see anything except sweat. The announcers even said they both where sweating making it hard for both fighters.

Penn fans can say what they want but the fact is that Penn will never have [b']Anything[/b] to give Gsp.

I agree with most of what you said. The simple fact is, if you don't tap someone early it becomes exponitionally harder to do the farther the fight goes. Not to say it can't be done, its just harder. That also holds true for keeping people in your guard. I think thats why GSP waited to go to the ground until later in the fight. Penn has one of, if not THE best rubber guard/guards in MMA, GSP and his camp knew that and waited. This made it easier for GSP to pass it (almost at will I might add) and work his ground and pound.

As for Penn not EVER having anything for GSP, I disagree.

If BJ trains hard and comes with a REAL, THOUGHT OUT game plan instead of relaying on the old " I'm BJ Penn, I can't lose and I'm just going to go in there and kick his ****" plan of attack, he has a chance to beat him.....not a big one...but a chance. He can get away with that at 155 where he outclass everone. He can't do it at WW and he REALLY can't do it against a fighter like GSP

I agree with most of what you said. The simple fact is' date=' if you don't tap someone early it becomes exponitionally harder to do the farther the fight goes. Not to say it can't be done, its just harder. That also holds true for keeping people in your guard. I think thats why GSP waited to go to the ground until later in the fight. Penn has one of, if not THE best rubber guard/guards in MMA, GSP and his camp knew that and waited. This made it easier for GSP to pass it (almost at will I might add) and work his ground and pound.

As for Penn not EVER having anything for GSP, I disagree.

If BJ trains hard and comes with a REAL, THOUGHT OUT game plan instead of relaying on the old " I'm BJ Penn, I can't lose and I'm just going to go in there and kick his ****" plan of attack, he has a chance to beat him.....not a big one...but a chance. He can get away with that at 155 where he outclass everone. He can't do it at WW and he REALLY can't do it against a fighter like GSP[/quote']

everyone keeps talking bout penns sick ground game, when the truth is, it is his stand up that is really sick. the man should think about being a boxer. he has a truly great jab.

What everyone needs to look at is their first fight and how BJ Penn was able to keep an easier guard against GSP and his legs were not slipping down GSP shoulders.

Fact is that GSP has not faired well against BJJ and even at some grapling tournaments he wears shirts/long sleeve athletic shirts.

I find it odd that many other fighters mention that GSP felt slick, and this coming from men who have wrestled all of their lives.

I find it upseting that this man tries to make a joke out of the situation by saying "I did cheat and hired a man to kiss him on his entrance". He should just have some class, deny the allegations and say he is ready to move on. This man always has a comment when he lost a fight-not 100%, injured, etc., however when he wins there are no issues.

What everyone needs to look at is their first fight and how BJ Penn was able to keep an easier guard against GSP and his legs were not slipping down GSP shoulders.

Fact is that GSP has not faired well against BJJ and even at some grapling tournaments he wears shirts/long sleeve athletic shirts.

I find it odd that many other fighters mention that GSP felt slick' date=' and this coming from men who have wrestled all of their lives.

I find it upseting that this man tries to make a joke out of the situation by saying "I did cheat and hired a man to kiss him on his entrance". He should just have some class, deny the allegations and say he is ready to move on. This man always has a comment when he lost a fight-not 100%, injured, etc., however when he wins there are no issues.[/quote']

I heard that from other fighters to and I noticed something common in all of them.....they all lost to GSP. Strange they're comming out now instead of then don't you think? Its easy to pile on someone to try and justify a loss. As for BJ being able to keep guard in the first fight, that is true he did. That was then this is now. GSP has gotten better since then. Just for the record, I'm pretty sure that was a joke about the kiss. If not, that might be even funnier. BJ is my boy and it sucks he lost, but get over it. GSP is a great fighter, theres no shame in losing to him. For some reason,I think that BJ thinks if he gets beat it makes him less of a fighter or something. Its just not the case. But, all these antics out of the ring are going to tarnish him and his legacy far more than any loss!!!

everyone keeps talking bout penns sick ground game' date=' when the truth is, it is his stand up that is really sick. the man should think about being a boxer. he has a truly great jab.[/quote']

As sick as his stand up is, his ground game is x10 as sick. You talking about an AMERICAN that within 3 YEARS recived a BLACKBELT that sh*t is insane!!!! I've been doing it for damn near 10 and I'm only a PURPLE belt. They don't call him the "prodigy" for nothing.

But his stand up in pretty damn good.....remember the Joe Daddy fight

damn he just wailed on that poor kid, I almost felt bad for him.............Almost!!!

BJ is still the man in MY eyes

I know it was a joke...the man who did that is Mickey Avalon...he is a rapper and can be seen in one of his videos wearing the UFC 94 BJ Penn cornerman shirt.

He made a comment when Serra had the belt that he should not make comments, etc. and that is not the sign of a true champion for the UFC. That is why he should not joke with a serious allegation against him

In addition the same way 'that was then and this is now' argument works the same way for BJ Penn...He has 3 more years experience and training

I know it was a joke...the man who did that is Mickey Avalon...he is a rapper and can be seen in one of his videos wearing the UFC 94 BJ Penn cornerman shirt.

He made a comment when Serra had the belt that he should not make comments' date=' etc. and that is not the sign of a true champion for the UFC. That is why he should not joke with a serious allegation against him

In addition the same way 'that was then and this is now' argument works the same way for BJ Penn...He has 3 more years experience and training[/quote']

Yeah thats true. But he needs to train DIFFERENT to beat GSP he's better than the people BJ has to fight at 155 ya know? He needs a gameplan that "Im gonna kick his ****" stuff isn't gonna work against GSP. I'm on your side in this, BJ is my Favorite fighter and he has the talent to beat him. He just needs to get out of his comfort zone in Hawaii and train a little different and I think he's got a good chance of beating him.

As for the being classy. You need to look at BJ. GSP started talking AFTER BJ!! BJ always runs his mouth. A lot of it is for fight hype, but some isn't. And look at everything that BJ is doing now! Going through all this, over a little bit of goo that really probably had no effect on the fight? Of course GSP is gonna fire back. I love Penn as a fighter, but fact of the matter is: He has a huge ego, and is a very bad loser! He pulled the same crap when he lost to Jens Pulver remember?

I hope they do fight again and I hope BJ wins. But if he didn't I'd like to see him say "It was a good fight, I did my best and I came up a little short. Congrats GSP" and then just squash all this sh*t already.

Yeah thats true. But he needs to train DIFFERENT to beat GSP he's better than the people BJ has to fight at 155 ya know? He needs a gameplan that "Im gonna kick his ****" stuff isn't gonna work against GSP. I'm on your side in this' date=' BJ is my Favorite fighter and he has the talent to beat him. He just needs to get out of his comfort zone in Hawaii and train a little different and I think he's got a good chance of beating him.

As for the being classy. You need to look at BJ. GSP started talking AFTER BJ!! BJ always runs his mouth. A lot of it is for fight hype, but some isn't. And look at everything that BJ is doing now! Going through all this, over a little bit of goo that really probably had no effect on the fight? Of course GSP is gonna fire back. I love Penn as a fighter, but fact of the matter is: He has a huge ego, and is a very bad loser! He pulled the same crap when he lost to Jens Pulver remember?

I hope they do fight again and I hope BJ wins. But if he didn't I'd like to see him say "It was a good fight, I did my best and I came up a little short. Congrats GSP" and then just squash all this sh*t already.[/quote']penn is a baby just lke his name says.... his camp just tell him he can't lose so he does not train with people who can make him better...

hes o different then Ken Shamrock... you will never get better if you only train with people who are worse then you

penn is a baby just lke his name says.... his camp just tell him he can't lose so he does not train with people who can make him better...

hes o different then Ken Shamrock... you will never get better if you only train with people who are worse then you

Hizoka, I like you, I really do.....But if you EVER compair BJ Penn to SHAME-ROCK again we are really going to have to fight LOL

BJ has more skill in his big toe!! He's forgoten more stuff than that sh*t-stick ever knew!!!

sorry.........I Hate Shamerock.........such a ****'

Hizoka' date=' I like you, I really do.....But if you EVER compair BJ Penn to SHAME-ROCK again we are really going to have to fight LOL

BJ has more skill in his big toe!! He's forgoten more stuff than that sh*t-stick ever knew!!!

sorry.........I Hate Shamerock.........such a ****'[/quote']

by far penn is a better fighter... but when it comes to training they are the same... they only will train where they are top dog.... and in doing so they can never grow because they can never learn more

This fight was huge for BJ Penns career....hold two belts in different weight classes, additional monetary compensation for winning the bout, endorsements, etc.

I know he is different or better than most fighters at 155, but you should know BJ has fought against more talented opponents-Lyota Machida, Renzo Gracie, gomi

You should know how unfair it would be to have a man in your guard with vaseline on his back while you try and clinch or try to get your legs up around his neck

by far penn is a better fighter... but when it comes to training they are the same... they only will train where they are top dog.... and in doing so they can never grow because they can never learn more

WHAT DID I JUST SAY DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE DO YOU LIVE? I'M GONNA FIND YA..........NOT GONNA BE PRETTY!!!! LOL

Nah I know what your saying............just please don't LOL

I just BJ wakes up and realizes that

When i saw that they were going to show ufc 94 on spike, i knew all this would keep going. The fight is over. Another coming, who knows?

Try watching that other "fight/wrestling". Whoo, that was ....... Well, don't want to say too much; ok can't stop the brain to fingers.......wwe, wt?

I know, this doesn't go w/ this, but almost fits, drama.

Cufu

This fight was huge for BJ Penns career....hold two belts in different weight classes' date=' additional monetary compensation for winning the bout, endorsements, etc.

I know he is different or better than most fighters at 155, but you should know BJ has fought against more talented opponents-Lyota Machida, Renzo Gracie, gomi

You should know how unfair it would be to have a man in your guard with vaseline on his back while you try and clinch or try to get your legs up around his neck[/quote']

Yes I do know. And if it was because of the vaseline that he was able to pass as often and easily ( which was suprising to me) that does suck. But what if is was just GSP's superior wrestling and FREAKISH athleticism!! No one knows for sure either way!!

And I wouldn't call Machida a BETTER fighter than GSP........not yet anyway. I think he will be though. good KO against Silva!!

Yes I do know. And if it was because of the vaseline that he was able to pass as often and easily ( which was suprising to me) that does suck. But what if is was just GSP's superior wrestling and FREAKISH athleticism!! No one knows for sure either way!!

And I wouldn't call Machida a BETTER fighter than GSP........not yet anyway. I think he will be though. good KO against Silva!!

None of the fighters that guy mentioned are technically "better" then GSP. If GSP was the same weight as any fighter in the world, he could beat them, and more then likely pretty handily. Gomi is good, but GSP is far more well rounded and has better everything when it comes to main attributes. I would go as far as to say that even Machida is not at the level of GSP, even if they were the same weight. This is ME admitting this remember...

Machida, though, RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPED THE NIPPLES OFF OF T.SILVA! That was a straight up **** kicking the whole fight.

None of the fighters that guy mentioned are technically "better" then GSP. If GSP was the same weight as any fighter in the world' date=' he could beat them, and more then likely pretty handily. Gomi is good, but GSP is far more well rounded and has better everything when it comes to main attributes. I would go as far as to say that even Machida is not at the level of GSP, even if they were the same weight. This is ME admitting this remember...

Machida, though, RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPED THE NIPPLES OFF OF T.SILVA! That was a straight up **** kicking the whole fight.[/quote']

Yeah, he's fun to watch. I like that he uses Karate. The change is fun. And you keep your distance and not get hit. pretty sweet deal!!!!

Yeah' date=' he's fun to watch. I like that he uses Karate. The change is fun. And you keep your distance and not get hit. pretty sweet deal!!!![/quote']

Yeah its fighting smart. Who wants to get hit and give points to your opponent? Just like every sport, you dont give points/goals/ ANYTHING away for free. That would be stupid, and if you do that you can be charged with cheating... a few athletes come to mind when I think of that...............:mad:

The vaseline may or may not have prevented a better ground defence and submission chance for BJ. In my humble opinion I think it did have some effect on his guard, we all know submissions can come just as fast as a knock out so grease would kinda take that away. with that being said I think BJ lost because he trained for a fight and GSP trained for a fight with BJ Penn. You can argue who is a better fighter all day long but their is no question about GSP having far far far suppieror training. Im not even saying BJ doesnt train hard enough or hes lazy or anything like that but GSP training is light years ahead as well as his training partners. If they fight again wich I doubt He will need more of a gameplan and stratigy as opposed to just going in there to kick some **** like some bar brawl.

The vaseline may or may not have prevented a better ground defence and submission chance for BJ. In my humble opinion I think it did have some effect on his guard' date=' we all know submissions can come just as fast as a knock out so grease would kinda take that away. with that being said I think BJ lost because he trained for a fight and GSP trained for a fight with BJ Penn. You can argue who is a better fighter all day long but their is no question about GSP having far far far suppieror training. Im not even saying BJ doesnt train hard enough or hes lazy or anything like that but GSP training is light years ahead as well as his training partners. If they fight again wich I doubt He will need more of a gameplan and stratigy as opposed to just going in there to kick some **** like some bar brawl.[/quote']

then i will say it BJ Penn is lazy and doesn't train worth a damn... his crew just tell him what he wants to hear rather then what he needs to hear... thats why he will never be close to what he could be

Plain and simple my boy BJ lost the fight. Things to look forward to, I just saw a video at BjPenn.com about him facing off with Kenny Florian. He is putting the GSP fight behind him for now and says he will be ready for Kenny. He is not taking him lightly and knows he is a very good fighter. He says all this without talking any kind of trash either.

Judging by his behavior I think he knows what he has to do...

Plain and simple my boy BJ lost the fight. Things to look forward too I just saw a video at BjPenn.com about him facing off with Kenny Florian. He is putting the GSP fight behind him for now and says he will be ready for Kenny. He is not taking him lightly and knows he is a very good fighter. He says all this without talking any kind of trash either.

Judging by his behavior I think he knows what he has to do...

knowing what he needs to do and doing are very different... if he trans in Hawaii then hes not doing what he needs to

He didn't train like he was supposed to is why, not his camp. Losing to GSP makes him a amateur? He lasted longer then everyone that has fought and lost to GSP other then Jon Fitch. Plus he moved up a weight class to fight a stronger more athletic fighter. Doesn't sound like a amateur to me.

He didn't train like he was supposed to is why' date=' not his camp. Losing to GSP makes him a amateur? He lasted longer then everyone that has fought and lost to GSP other then Jon Fitch. Plus he moved up a weight class to fight a stronger more athletic fighter. Doesn't sound like a amateur to me.[/quote']

he never trains like hes supposed to... so nothing new there... and if you look at the fight it was over half way into the second round... the rest was just **** whoopin

he never trains like hes supposed to... so nothing new there... and if you look at the fight it was over half way into the second round... the rest was just **** whoopin

For someone who never trains like he's supposed to he beats some good fighters and has the lightweight champion belt. So if he actually does train like he is supposed to he would be the best ever huh? I know you obviously dont like Bj that much and thats cool your not the only one. He is a great fighter and a two time champion in the UFC. That deserves respect if you like him or not.

Personally I thought it was over before it even started, BJ looked strange stepping in to that octagon and I remember thinking BJ already lost this fight right then and there. I think BJ lost that fight before the first punch even landed but have not been able to figure out why. And no I don't believe it was GSP's Voodoo...

That fight was for me the biggest disappointment in the UFC, I really loved both fighters going in to that match and very big expectations. I felt it should have been a clash of titans and a fight that could go either way but that was not what we got and I think a lot of people can agree with me about that.

Ok, I don't make a habit of bashing on other forum writers, but "jodubs1", what the heck are you smoking?? I think you are the only person on EARTH that says Georges St. Pierre needs to be MORE CLASSY! I mean, BJ Penn ran his mouth before the fight like an outboard motor, because he WAS afraid of the fight. You would be also if you were drinking booze at some resort and your opponent was restlestly training to kill you. But to Say Georges has no class? or needs to up his class level?! I think Georges had every right to say BJ Penn was a chump in the post fight interview, but he didn't. He gave BJ his respect, thats class. Some fighters are good at talking, but Georges did his talking in the ring. Then all these allegations.

Georges WON the case, no one but BJ and his ****s think there was anything to the vaseoline.

Georges would fight the hawiian again, but no one wants to see BJ lose again. GSP trained everyday with the best of the world, BJ penn did nothing of the sort.

I was banned from BJPenn.com for speaking truth and saying he should move on, its because BJ needs people to kiss his **** and feed his ego. His die hard fans seem to be into this whole thing.

I really wish people would drop this subject.... Its over.... GSP whooped Penns **** vasoline or not... Bj is no match for a bigger, stronger, faster, more talented fighter...... BJ and his fans are exactly alike, they cant take the fact that BJ was out classed and have to whine about it for months to come

Ok' date=' I don't make a habit of bashing on other forum writers, but "jodubs1", what the heck are you smoking?? I think you are the only person on EARTH that says Georges St. Pierre needs to be MORE CLASSY! I mean, BJ Penn ran his mouth before the fight like an outboard motor, because he WAS afraid of the fight. You would be also if you were drinking booze at some resort and your opponent was restlestly training to kill you. But to Say Georges has no class? or needs to up his class level?! I think Georges had every right to say BJ Penn was a chump in the post fight interview, but he didn't. He gave BJ his respect, thats class. Some fighters are good at talking, but Georges did his talking in the ring. Then all these allegations.

Georges WON the case, no one but BJ and his ****s think there was anything to the vaseoline.

Georges would fight the hawiian again, but no one wants to see BJ lose again. GSP trained everyday with the best of the world, BJ penn did nothing of the sort.

I was banned from BJPenn.com for speaking truth and saying he should move on, its because BJ needs people to kiss his **** and feed his ego. His die hard fans seem to be into this whole thing.[/quote']

I am from Hawaii and a huge Penn fan and also on Bjpenn.com. I dont really care that GSP had vaseline on him. Penn lost and that is all over now. Sorry you got banned man that's kinda messed up. I'm from Hawaii and we stand behind our fighters just like Canadians stand behind there fighters. Fans do the same. Its part of the game.

Hey I dont stand behind GSP... I stand behind his skills, but not anything else. The dude is a monster fighter, and easily one of the hardest working and greatest athletes to ever grace this or any sport. I also like BJ too... hes a beast of a little brown Hawaiian ball. They both do great things too in their respective divisions.

GSP is about to rape Alves...

BJ is about to put up a fight of the year performance against KenFlo...

Now IMO... this subject is old and terrible. I am really sick of the bashing both guys are getting. Its over... its like three months since the fight... the end please!

I am from Hawaii and a huge Penn fan... I'm from Hawaii and we stand behind our fighters just like Canadians stand behind there fighters. Fans do the same. Its part of the game.

I totally respect this statement. Absoultley right that we have to stick behind "our" fighters.

*IwishIwasMMA*, Totally agree that it sucks to bash two great fighters.

Hey I dont stand behind GSP... I stand behind his skills' date=' but not anything else. The dude is a monster fighter, and easily one of the hardest working and greatest athletes to ever grace this or any sport. I also like BJ too... hes a beast of a little brown Hawaiian ball. They both do great things too in their respective divisions.

[b']GSP is about to rape Alves...[/b]

BJ is about to put up a fight of the year performance against KenFlo...

Now IMO... this subject is old and terrible. I am really sick of the bashing both guys are getting. Its over... its like three months since the fight... the end please!

Wrong on both, GSP will not rape Alves, he might beat him, might. But it would be a lot closer then you are thinking.

And Penn vs Florian in my mind will be a fast fight, with either having a good chance of winning.

I was banned from BJPenn.com for speaking truth and saying he should move on' date=' its because BJ needs people to kiss his **** and feed his ego. His die hard fans seem to be into this whole thing.[/quote']

Not all of us!! I'm a die hard Penn fan but I think he's being an **** about all this. I think GSP just flat out won the fight.

I agree with the rest of what you said though.

Archived