Sign in to follow this  
G__row

Thank you for having Bisping

awesome season' date=' thought id sign up to see what the yanks are saying. And its just as I thought :D That was a brilliant fight, the guy even tapped out before he was ko'd! bisping is funny, and a good coach.[/quote']

LMAO

The guy basically lost two ways before the end of the second round. I didnt know that I was watching bully Beatdown!

I think the US team seriously underestimated Nick! and paid the ultimate price! Think Bisping is really clever in his approach to coaching. Not only is he getting his team motivated he is getting under the skin of henderson and the US team. UK have got this won already!

Pathetic? Funny. Wow' date=' you stated that I am not watching it, but then you ask if I am not watching it because somebody got KO'D, I guess you don't see my point here, I have not watched even 1 episode yet, how would I know who got KO'D?[/quote']

Err....So why are you posting in a forum about a show your not even watching?

And...if you change your mind, watch the fight in EP04, and you can watch Miller (one of the Team USA fighters) getting beaten by submission in round 1 and then KO in round 2. This was meant to be the toughest US fighter vs Henderson's perceived weakest UK fighter. But I'm sure you won't even bother replying to this as you don't watch the show!

Just add's a bit of spice to the competition. It's all just mind games, the Brits were supposed to be out of their depth remember? All little confidence boost from their coach wont do any harm and this has shown. Ok its fair enough some people dont appreciate his trash talk, but i think Team USA' practical jokes are a bit childish aswell...i know its tradition on the show to do so, but it was the americans who laid down the rules of the ''antics'' in the house on episode two remember?

I have no problem at all with the British fighters. I just do not care for Bisping, for the reasons I have stated.

Now, someone else pointed out that the US have been involved with TUF for a while. This is the UKs first year. The fighter pool is fresher. And I do not think that the US threw the best fighter out there. Hendo asked who was ready weight wise. I think two guys spoke up. So, he picked one of them.

The thing about TUF is that one team can dominate all season long, and still not win the whole thing. It is way too early to pick for me. I really like the way Ross looked though. Mean little guy.

"..I might get a bit carried away, and run my mouth a little bit... I may come across as, ya know, a bit of a d!ck for doing that, but, there's a tactical reason why I am doing it, ya know..."

Hey, it's not every day you can justify being a d!ck!

i enjoy this year of TUF for the simple fact that Bisping is the coach. The guy is funny and misunderstood... but what i like the most is his leadership. him telling his guys to shut up so that his fighter could hear him... whats wrong with that? and what they do? they shut up.

when the americans were doing the stupid pranks... Bisping told them to not get involved! and it seems like they were honoring that. so i enjoy the season and i enjoy watching my boy bisping shine as the superior coach.

Bisbing told them not to get involved??? Shure the americans (fighters) are doing stupid pranks but I think Bisbing started it all with his "stew-pid" comments and getting the americans skin...

Just add's a bit of spice to the competition. It's all just mind games' date=' the Brits were supposed to be out of their depth remember? All little confidence boost from their coach wont do any harm and this has shown. Ok its fair enough some people dont appreciate his trash talk, but i think Team USA' practical jokes are a bit childish aswell...i know its tradition on the show to do so, but it was the americans who laid down the rules of the ''antics'' in the house on episode two remember?[/quote']

Did the americans not follow the rules of the "antics"???

as a coach. Reminds me why I do not like the guy.

I was watching SPIKE the other day and they replayed the Bisping vs. Hamill fight. Hamill beat the ---- out of Bisping and lost. Was there favortism because the fight was in England? I hope Bisping geets the ---- beat out of him. He is a tough fighter, but he needs a reality check.

I was watching SPIKE the other day and they replayed the Bisping vs. Hamill fight. Hamill beat the ---- out of Bisping and lost. Was there favortism because the fight was in England? I hope Bisping geets the ---- beat out of him. He is a tough fighter' date=' but he needs a reality check.[/quote']

If you use the search button, you shall find what you are looking for.

If you use the search button' date=' you shall find what you are looking for.[/quote']

What is he looking for? Just curious bro. I mean, he is entitled to reference this as a reason not to like Bisping. It is one of mine as well.

I was watching SPIKE the other day and they replayed the Bisping vs. Hamill fight. Hamill beat the ---- out of Bisping and lost. Was there favortism because the fight was in England? I hope Bisping geets the ---- beat out of him. He is a tough fighter' date=' but he needs a reality check.[/quote']

What is he looking for? Just curious bro. I mean' date=' he is entitled to reference this as a reason not to like Bisping. It is one of mine as well.[/quote']

... So should I repeat the "search button" thing again? If you look, you can clearly see the question mark where he is asking about the match that has been discussed about a million times on this forum. This could turn into another Hamill and Bisping thread, but we could just avoid that right now. That was the goal at least.

I do not think Bisping is messing around. I think that is just who he is. Just like his comment after the Hammil fight.

But to each his own.

You're making it out like it was absolute fact that he had no reason to think he won that fight -at least the judges disagreed. Didn't see the fight though, so maybe you ARE right... ;)

Anywayyyyy: I had the opportunity to meet Bisping in person during an interview this Feburary and I gotta say he was just a nice lad, quite talkative, laid back and funny. Of cause 15-20 min of interviewtime with him sitting next to Dana White doesn't exactly qualify as doing a psych-profile. But just wanted to tune in saying: He didn't seem like so much of a bad guy. He even personally said to me that he knew he was lucky to have become the poster boy in the UK and that he doesn't have all the exposure on his fighting-merrits alone.

... So should I repeat the "search button" thing again? If you look' date=' you can clearly see the question mark where he is asking about the match that has been discussed about a million times on this forum. This could turn into another Hamill and Bisping thread, but we could just avoid that right now. That was the goal at least.[/quote']

I do not think that was the main point of his post. I created this thread. If someone wants to question that decision, I say it is ok. If you want to make a different one, feel free......hahahaha.

You're making it out like it was absolute fact that he had no reason to think he won that fight -at least the judges disagreed. Didn't see the fight though' date=' so maybe you ARE right... ;)

[/quote']

You really should watch the fight. There was no reason in the world for him to think he won, or for the comments he made after. It really was one of the worst decisions in UFC history.

You really should watch the fight. There was no reason in the world for him to think he won' date=' or for the comments he made after. It really was one of the worst decisions in UFC history.[/quote']

That I agree was kinda d**kish. But the stuff he's doing on the show is harmless IMO

Mario Yamasaki and Jeff Mullen (judged mma twice as long as the next longest serving ufc judge) both still maintain the Bisping won the fight against Hamill fair and square. So, sorry guys but put simply, you're wrong. Oh, and yes I have watched the fight numerous times.

Mullen's words,

?[bisping] was landing the jab again and again and not getting hit.

Also,

'Bisping was ?using an active guard trying to turn for armbars and sweeps? in the second round while Hamill was ?doing very little on top.?

So quit whining or go back to a relevant thread.

Mario Yamasaki and Jeff Mullen (judged mma twice as long as the next longest serving ufc judge) both still maintain the Bisping won the fight against Hamill fair and square. So' date=' sorry guys but put simply, you're wrong. Oh, and yes I have watched the fight numerous times.

Mullen's words,

?[bisping'] was landing the jab again and again and not getting hit.

Also,

'Bisping was ?using an active guard trying to turn for armbars and sweeps? in the second round while Hamill was ?doing very little on top.?

When does Yamasaki judge?

Hammill clearly beat the **** out of Bisping. I haven't seen the fight in awhile but I am fairly certain that Hammill was beating the **** out of bisping standing and took him down also.

You really should watch the fight. There was no reason in the world for him to think he won' date=' or for the comments he made after. It really was one of the worst decisions in UFC history.[/quote']

K, you guys got me curious. You should ask the UFC for comission on the Vault files...I've probably downloaded 10 fights already only because I wanted to know what ppl were talking about on here ;)

When does Yamasaki judge?

Hammill clearly beat the **** out of Bisping. I haven't seen the fight in awhile but I am fairly certain that Hammill was beating the **** out of bisping standing and took him down also.

He was the referee and his opinion was like Mullen's, that Bisping won 2 of the 3 rounds. The point is that he was closer and had a better view than the judges, fans or cameras.

He was the referee and his opinion was like Mullen's' date=' that Bisping won 2 of the 3 rounds. The point is that he was closer and had a better view than the judges, fans or cameras.[/quote']

How does that mean that he is a good judge.

Would have thought it to be fairly self explanatory. He's an experienced UFC referee standing right next to the two men in question during the fight. If Hamill was beating Bisping so badly then why was he unable to get a KO, TKO or a submission? Mullen's point is (presumably) that although Hamill's strikes were inflicting more damage, Bisping was also landing jabs. The fact that they weren't doing as much damage as Hamill's is irrelevant, they still earn referee points. The other point is that despite Hamill seemingly dominating on the ground, he was unable to finish the fight from it and during these periods Bisping was making attempts to at least get into a position whereby he could attempt a submission of his own. These are things referees look for when deciding on the points awarded. It is so easy for all these hugely knowledgible fans to see one guy throwing the most punches yet lose the fight and then wonder how on earth the other guy won. This is what gives the boxing stalwarts ammo in the mma vs boxing debates.

Would have thought it to be fairly self explanatory. He's an experienced UFC referee standing right next to the two men in question during the fight. If Hamill was beating Bisping so badly then why was he unable to get a KO' date=' TKO or a submission? Mullen's point is (presumably) that although Hamill's strikes were inflicting more damage, Bisping was also landing jabs. The fact that they weren't doing as much damage as Hamill's is irrelevant, they still earn referee points. The other point is that despite Hamill seemingly dominating on the ground, he was unable to finish the fight from it and during these periods Bisping was making attempts to at least get into a position whereby he could attempt a submission of his own. These are things referees look for when deciding on the points awarded. It is so easy for all these hugely knowledgible fans to see one guy throwing the most punches yet lose the fight and then wonder how on earth the other guy won. This is what gives the boxing stalwarts ammo in the mma vs boxing debates.[/quote']

Bisping was unable to finish the fight from any position also.

yes...and that's why it went to the judge's decision' date=' d'uh.[/quote']

Are you really trying to prove anything with this arguement?

If you really believe that Bisping won then you have to be british or retarded because there is no way in hell that he should have even came close to a split decision.

The only judge that had the fight right was the British judge who scored it 30-27

My humble opinion after watching the fight:

1st round: Complete domination by Hamill. However his striking sucks big time. Bisping is far more technical and when he lands his strikes they are much better. Still he gets clipped hard once and Hamill throws him around the ring like a little girl as he pleases. Looked like he could've GNP'ed the **** out of him anytime he wanted. Bisping came back during the last half minute though. Don't see how anyone could give the round to him though.

2nd round: Hamill looks gassed all of a sudden. His dominance is gone. He takes Bisping down and isn't able to do anything there which is very surprising. Same in the clinch - he isn't hitting him at all. 1st round he was constantly pressing forward MT style, now he's rooted in the center with Bisping dancing around him, hoping in and out for a couple of shots. Bispings striking is way better, crisp and snappy while Hamill is throwing wide, looping punches that Bisping can see coming from a mile away. Given the usual judging in the UFC I'd expect the two takedowns Hamill does to score pretty good for him. Actually they were both pretty ****ty this round. Bisping looks fresher and more dangerous although he doesn't get much done. Maybe this is the round that screws it up for Hamill. Could go either way, really.

3rd round: Hamill more active but looks even more out of breath. His takedowns get defended and when he finally gets Bisping down he can't control him at all. Does almost zero damage, At the same time he eats a lot of solid shots while standing. I'd give the third to Bisping.

So, I can see that this is a decision that can go either way. Based on the usually wrestler-friendly judging in the UFC I'd normally also lean towards Hamill. But given that he was unable to do anything when he had Bisping on the ground...I don't see this as clear-cut as you make it out to be, sorry. Especially since the two judges that gave it to Bisping scored 29:28 which I find much more convincing than the 30:27 Hamill. That dude did not win all three, IMO. Actually Bisping described it pretty ok after the fight: At first he was surprised that Hamill stood up with him, than he adapted and picked him apart from the outside.

I agree his remark was a bit ****-ish ("Back to wrestling") but I have a feeling he was answering some pre-fight remarks by Hamill there? Cheerio-sytle ;)

Mario Yamasaki and Jeff Mullen (judged mma twice as long as the next longest serving ufc judge) both still maintain the Bisping won the fight against Hamill fair and square. So' date=' sorry guys but put simply, you're wrong. Oh, and yes I have watched the fight numerous times.

Mullen's words,

?[bisping'] was landing the jab again and again and not getting hit.

Also,

Your judgement is obviously clouded if you believe this to be true. Bisping did absolutely nothing in that fight.

Are you really trying to prove anything with this arguement?

If you really believe that Bisping won then you have to be british or retarded because there is no way in hell that he should have even came close to a split decision.

The only judge that had the fight right was the British judge who scored it 30-27

LOL damn man :)

Your judgement is obviously clouded if you believe this to be true. Bisping did absolutely nothing in that fight.

I agree. Unless you get points for being throw around the ring now, do you??

I dont know what that term means either.

His jump shot. In Basketball. It was a joke because the guy was awful on the court.

That made Bispings response even funnier.

His jump shot. In Basketball. It was a joke because the guy was awful on the court.

That made Bispings response even funnier.

LMAO! I had no idea what that meant. Its because I am canadian :(

LMAO! I had no idea what that meant. Its because I am canadian :(

LOL you damn Canadians! I bet if he had said " Go work on your One Timer" You'd know wouldn't ya!!

LOL you damn Canadians! I bet if he had said " Go work on your One Timer" You'd know wouldn't ya!!

Yes but only because of soccer.

Hockey is silly. Lacrosse is more fun to watch, and is more fun to play... Hockey... is Lacrosse on ice and with a million dollars worth the gear.

Just want to note though, us awesome Canadians did invent the great sport of basketball. One of our decent pass time inventions.

For all the canadians that read this "DONT CARRY THE BALL, DRIBBLE IT DRIBBLE IT!!!" and "I need these peach baskets BACK!"

Hockey is silly. Lacrosse is more fun to watch' date=' and is more fun to play... Hockey... is Lacrosse on ice and with a million dollars worth the gear.

Just want to note though, us awesome Canadians did invent the great sport of basketball. One of our decent pass time inventions.

For all the canadians that read this "DONT CARRY THE BALL, DRIBBLE IT DRIBBLE IT!!!" and "I need these peach baskets BACK!"[/quote']

LOL nice.

Going way back with the peach baskets huh:)

Hockey is silly. Lacrosse is more fun to watch' date=' and is more fun to play... Hockey... is Lacrosse on ice and with a million dollars worth the gear.

For all the canadians that read this "DONT CARRY THE BALL, DRIBBLE IT DRIBBLE IT!!!" and "I need these peach baskets BACK!"[/quote']

ya i rememer those commercials.

**edit** and don't ever say hockey is silly again or we will kick you out of the country.

bisping suxxors, i want to see him fight a REAL fighter. hes a joke and smartass thats getting his bit of fame before he gets his azz whooped, just like matt sarra who got lucky with gsp.

i look at fighters AS fighters, not where there from, bisping is a bigmouth and thats all he has. I like the brits team, bisping is like that woman you hear somwhere that has that annoying voice.

bisping is like that woman you hear somwhere that has that annoying voice.

lol. Is that the best you could come up with? You're not Rob Browning are you? Just sounds like something he would say.

Can't wait to watch Bisping smash Henderson. Just gonna have to endure more of the 'but Bisping was getting his **** kicked by [insert fighter e.g. Hamill] and fluked it' *YAWN*

Bisping FTW~ q: D

I support this.

Hendo... Is not going to kick anyones ****. If he wins, it will be via LAY AND PRAY. Good old DECISION DAN HENDERSON... whoever nicknamed him "dangerous" was lying

We will see. I think Hendo is gonna be wayyyy too much for him.

I don't think Bisping will be able to KO Henderson or beat him on the ground.

So I am saying that Henderson will take it by decision.

I support this.

Hendo... Is not going to kick anyones ****. If he wins' date=' it will be via LAY AND PRAY. Good old DECISION DAN HENDERSON... whoever nicknamed him "dangerous" was lying[/quote']

Decision Dan, I like it LOL.

I think Bisping is gonna win as well. But he hasn't fared very well against wrestlers in the past. Look at the Hamill fight. If he can keep it standing he'll be in good shape. If not, he might be in trouble!

AND Hendo could catch him with that heavy right hand.