Sign in to follow this  
G__row

Thank you for having Bisping

Decision Dan' date=' I like it LOL.

I think Bisping is gonna win as well. But he hasn't fared very well against wrestlers in the past. Look at the Hamill fight. If he can keep it standing he'll be in good shape. If not, he might be in trouble!

AND Hendo could catch him with that heavy right hand.[/quote']

His left is heavier then his right.

you know i think G__Row is right... it hink Bispings ego is starting to get bigger then Titos head... the dude gets a fight given to him on a silver plater which even a blind man couldof seen that he lost... then he gets his face back on TV... IMO hes gonna end up looking like Shamcrock by the end of TUF

Decision Dan' date=' I like it LOL.

I think Bisping is gonna win as well. But he hasn't fared very well against wrestlers in the past. Look at the Hamill fight. If he can keep it standing he'll be in good shape. If not, he might be in trouble!

AND Hendo could catch him with that heavy right hand.[/quote']

Hamill is also a lot bigger looking then Bisping. The Rashad fight though was much different. Rashad and Bisping are nearly the same size, and could both cut down to MW... which is where Bisping is now. I think Hendo will have a lot of problems taking him down.

His left is heavier then his right.

Agreed. Wandy went to sleep from the right hand completely missing him (if I remember correctly) and then he came with like a left uppercut or a hook' date=' and it just put Wandy to never never land.

you know i think G__Row is right... it hink Bispings ego is starting to get bigger then Titos head... the dude gets a fight given to him on a silver plater which even a blind man couldof seen that he lost... then he gets his face back on TV... IMO hes gonna end up looking like Shamcrock by the end of TUF

I think everyone is overreacting about Bisping. I mean WOW... Its actually kind of funny how far people are going about the way he is acting. He is just being a jokester and has not got in one persons face. To say he will look anything like Shamrock is ****ing unbelievable. He is NOTHING like Shamrock was... NOT A DAMN THING.

Bisping is more like Matt Hughes was, just without the complete **** side. If you guys are actually taking Bisping that badly to heart, I would suggest learning to deal with it. I mean if you cant laugh at it, then you are more then likely over patriotic or something. I am laughing at Demarques getting pissy because of it, and I am laughing at Bisping because he is hilarious. This is not real teams, this is just a bunch of guys pretending to be team USA and team UK.

... I seriously dont understand how you can overreact to that but whatever.

the guys ego is bigger then BJ Penns... he honestly thinks he should fight for a title when hes never beat anyone of note... just like Shamrock did

I did not like the guy before the show. Everyone knows that. I like him even less now. And I love how people keep on and on about this "Patriotic" crap. I have said over and over that I am pulling for Ross. I also really liked Dean, but he has a long way to go. I do not hold the fact that Bisping is an all out jerk against those guys. Has nothing to do with where they are from.

And Iwish' date=' I truly am starting that you do not like the US for some reason. Are you from the UK, or Canada?[/quote']

He is from Canada.

How don't you know that by now?

He is from Canada.

I do. But he seems to hate the US for some reason. And to be swinging from the UK and Bisping.

He is from Canada.

Right? Its how he starts every post. When he visits other places he wears a shirt that says"yes, I'm from Canada!"

Not joking* I think that was the first thing he said to me, like before Hello or anything LOL

Right? Its how he starts every post. When he visits other places he wears a shirt that says"yes' date=' I'm from Canada!"

Not joking* I think that was the first thing he said to me, like before Hello or anything LOL[/quote']

The first time I said hello he asked me where I was from, I kindly responded USA and he has never spoken to me since.

my first post here guys so hello to everyone :)

bisping imo is a good fighter and person but maybe does come across as arrogant...still he is proving what a good coach he is and that certainly seems to be getting under the skin of the US team and i believe that will work for the ratings of the show in general....dana really is a mastermind of all things moneywise :P

my first post here guys so hello to everyone :)

bisping imo is a good fighter and person but maybe does come across as arrogant...still he is proving what a good coach he is and that certainly seems to be getting under the skin of the US team and i believe that will work for the ratings of the show in general....dana really is a mastermind of all things moneywise :P

See this is a good post.

There is no calling ppl racist or automatically saying that they are discriminating, I dont' think we have had a good post of someone defending Bisping in this thread for awhile.

Welcome to the forum. You are right, it is good for the ratings. I am not sure that how good of a coach he is bothers the US team. I think it is more of the smack talk.

And, after not being there for Dean's fight, I question how good he really is.

Good cheerleader...sure. lol

I do. But he seems to hate the US for some reason. And to be swinging from the UK and Bisping.

LOL I dont hate the US. I just think the whole "patriot" thing is a bit too much. The US is very infamous for that.

As far as Bisping being ****ier then BJ or Shamrock (or equal too) is just insanity. BJ is as much of a good guy as he is a bad guy. Shamrock...... are you serious?... That just makes me laugh that his name was brought up to be compared to Bisping.

Bisping is not usually like this. He is a confident person, and like every serious athlete for the most part, a bit ****y or arrogant. There are few fighters in the UFC or in the world for that matter that are not like this. Just to name a few, Marquardt (usually is not like this), GSP, Hendo (soft spoken guy), Wandy (is very friendly unless you are Rampage), etc.

I do think you guys are going a bit over the top though with the "Bisping iz da EVIL! Get da crosses and send him to satanic hell! Hes da first man to ever be like "we are winning da show""

LOL I dont hate the US. I just think the whole "patriot" thing is a bit too much. The US is very infamous for that.

As far as Bisping being ****ier then BJ or Shamrock (or equal too) is just insanity. BJ is as much of a good guy as he is a bad guy. Shamrock...... are you serious?... That just makes me laugh that his name was brought up to be compared to Bisping.

Bisping is not usually like this. He is a confident person' date=' and like every serious athlete for the most part, a bit ****y or arrogant. There are few fighters in the UFC or in the world for that matter that are not like this. Just to name a few, Marquardt (usually is not like this), GSP, Hendo (soft spoken guy), Wandy (is very friendly unless you are Rampage), etc.

I do think you guys are going a bit over the top though with the "Bisping iz da EVIL! Get da crosses and send him to satanic hell! Hes da first man to ever be like "we are winning da show""[/quote']

Can't just lump the US in one group like that. Every country has its "patroits" which is a term I use very loosely in this case. These guys aren't Patroits! sitting at home pulling for team US doesn't make you a patriot. It makes you a fan of that team. To me, a patriot is someone who fought for our country in the military or was involved in civil service. These " way to proud of country for never having done anything for it" guys give a lot of us bad names. People are getting a little crazy with all this though, I agree

i think at the end of the day guys the show is really improving mma as a sport in general...regardless of smacktalk...i have been watching mma a while now but this show has even been making my australian and british friends sit up and take notice...i am a crazy football (soccer) fan as are all my friends but we have been enjoying the ufc way more nowadays as a result of the ultimate fighter show...healthy conversation is good conversation...lets leave race out of it guys...

we are all fans at the end of the day.....,let the best man win. :)

I think Bisping is doing what any british coach would do, if anything demarques was trying to bait him with stupid come lines like "better get working on that jumper".

WTF? and at least unlike Henderson Bisping actually gets physically involved with the training.

First of all, "better work on that jumper" has absolutely nothing to do with fighting. I do not see him trying to get into his head about basketball. The response to that was the funniest thing on the show yet.

Now, Iwish, I have seen only a few "Patriotic" things from people here. Most of it comes from the British side. When you have Americans saying they actually like certain UK fighters, but not Bisping, it becomes kinda clear that you may be off base man.

JWho, I did serve in the Military, and I am VERY Patriotic.

But as I am sure you have noticed, what I have been saying. UK fighters=pretty cool. Bisping=****.

To me' date=' a patriot is someone who fought for our country in the military or was involved in civil service. [/quote']

Wouldn't it actually be more patriotic to stay out of the military and prevent your country from entering any wars thereby preventing its inhabitants to bleed out on some godforsaken "field of glory"? IMO this whole "I love my country"-stuff is bull**** that will only spawn conflict and wars. I prefer to believe in standards and values. If my country stands for them - great. If he doesn't - maybe time to move somewhere else. =)

That aside, I think it's definitely possible to dislike Bisping without any nationalistic ideas involved. Some people just rub you the wrong way. I for once instantly disliked Matt Hughes as soon as he started that bible-study crap. ;)

Wouldn't it actually be more patriotic to stay out of the military and prevent your country from entering any wars thereby preventing its inhabitants to bleed out on some godforsaken "field of glory"? IMO this whole "I love my country"-stuff is bull**** that will only spawn conflict and wars. I prefer to believe in standards and values. If my country stands for them - great. If he doesn't - maybe time to move somewhere else. =)

That aside' date=' I think it's definitely possible to dislike Bisping without any nationalistic ideas involved. Some people just rub you the wrong way. I for once instantly disliked Matt Hughes as soon as he started that bible-study crap. ;)[/quote']

Well, my point was that a patriot is someone who serves their country in some way and trys to improve things for the betterment of the people who live there. And in a perfect world I would agree with your statement. We just don't live in one. War is just in our nature. Its been around as long as we have.

As for your statement about Bisping. I have to disagree since the whole premise of the show this year is about competition between 2 countries

I agree with the Hughes comment though :)

This is my first time posting here.

A. I'm American

B. The American team looks like a bunch of wimps

C. I like Bisping and think he is just passionate about his coaching. Nothing wrong with a little sh!t talking as long as you back it up in the ring. So far, his team looks like it will do just that. Especially that Ross fella. He impressed me from what I have seen so far.

D. Bisping got his **** handed to him against Hamill. Sorry if some of you don't like it - I don't give a rat's **** if you are Brit, American or Alien - that boy lost that fight.

E. Bisping still isn't being matched against quality fighters, and the matchmakers are not giving him his due and respect by matching him against old champions who haven't won squat lately or newbs who are beaten easily. Hamill beat him - and that was a suprise tomany. The bottom line is, if he wants the respect that he deserves, he needs to fight people who are considered good these days. I'm sorry to the Hendo fans, but that well is run dry. I don't care WHERE he fights them, but they need to stop coddling this guy and let him lose a fight or two, it can only make him better *IF* he does. Look at GSP? He is an amazing fighter who has lost some fights he shouldn't have lost.

Bisping looked really good on his run in TUF. Since then, I'm not so sure. I like him though, and hope he does well. He has the smarts and the talent to do so. He won't grow until he fights the really good opponents. With that said - I'm done.

Bisping has ALWAYS acted an **** & Im sure it will continue. As soon as the ratings in the UK peek for a bit... he will get a fight that he stands a chance of losing. Hamil did that too early and they freaked and stole it from him. The UK market is big money, big ratings. Soon as the fish is on the hook... they wont need the mouthy bait & he will get what he has coming to him... of course then Im sure Bisping will cry like Penn and find some reason why he lost. Its always the mouthy guy that cant say HOLY ****! I JUST GOT MY FREAKIN **** WHOOPED...

I do not think Bisping is messing around. I think that is just who he is. Just like his comment after the Hammil fight.

But to each his own.

I totally agree - I think that is just who he is. Unfortunately, I can't stand him either - but he is a coach this season - so we all get to listen to his crap. But I also think that the US guys aren't helping themselves much with all the games and talking s*** they do - the UK guys are a much better team unit.

Honestly, I don't like Bisping. He's a *****! The coach should be someone from the U.K. and is a better fighter than Bisping. He's a **** stain. But for some reason, he's advancing quickly. He will bring them forward!

i just watched the hammill fight after hearing all the controversesy on it. and its clearly that bisping lost hamill control the entire tempo of the fight. bisping may have gotten a few nice combo but for the most part hammill won the stand up game not to mention all the takedowns he is lucky he for un the uk and they favored to him otherwise he would have lost

i just watched the hammill fight after hearing all the controversesy on it. and its clearly that bisping lost hamill control the entire tempo of the fight. bisping may have gotten a few nice combo but for the most part hammill won the stand up game not to mention all the takedowns he is lucky he for un the uk and they favored to him otherwise he would have lost

Hamill did not win the striking game in rounds 2 and 3. He was out pointed on the feet. The argument for Hamill is that he landed takedowns, and should they be enough to win him the fight... Personally I think that he may have won the fight via takedowns, but if the takedowns were not scored high (because he used little control afterwards) then Bisping won round 2, which would have won him the fight.

Hamill only won round 1 in the stand up game, the other two rounds were EASILY Bisping in the stand up.

Hamill did not win the striking game in rounds 2 and 3. He was out pointed on the feet. The argument for Hamill is that he landed takedowns' date=' and should they be enough to win him the fight... Personally I think that he may have won the fight via takedowns, but if the takedowns were not scored high (because he used little control afterwards) then Bisping won round 2, which would have won him the fight.

Hamill only won round 1 in the stand up game, the other two rounds were EASILY Bisping in the stand up.[/quote']

I agree with this. Bisping was winning the stand up. But takedowns should count for more shouldn't they..even if he didn't do a lot with it after. A takedown is much harder to complete than a jab!! Should count for more points IMO and most others as well.

Even if so' date=' the judges always score takedowns better then striking, why did they not in that fight.[/quote']

This is the big question that no one seems to be able to give us a strait answer on.

I agree with this. Bisping was winning the stand up. But takedowns should count for more shouldn't they..even if he didn't do a lot with it after. A takedown is much harder to complete than a jab!! Should count for more points IMO and most others as well.

This is the big question that no one seems to be able to give us a strait answer on.

Takedowns should count for something. I do know that Cecil Peoples was judging that fight... which is more then likely was the striking was rated so high in points on his score card.

Now as for the other two... it could have been anything goes. One could have been a wrestling judge, and the other could have been another striking judge...

Takedowns IMO are scored too highly, especially when the opponent gets up right afterwards, or is controlling you in their guard. Also, pulling guard is looked at as the person pulling guard is not getting the takedown, but the other person is from what I understand. This does not make sense IMO, because the guy pulling guard is initiating the takedown into what he feels is the more advantageous position to himself. Guard is looked at as a weakness in MMA, which is really not right IMO.

In short though, it really depends on how you scored this fight. If you scored the takedowns as "more effective control" then Hamill won, if you counted striking as "more points" then Bisping won. This is one of those fights where you need a specific way of scoring, or score the whole fight like Pride and Dream do. If the fight was scored throughout the entire fight instead of a round for round basis, then Hamill would have easily won because of the first round...

Its all a matter of judging and judging criteria in this fight.

Takedowns should count for something. I do know that Cecil Peoples was judging that fight... which is more then likely was the striking was rated so high in points on his score card.

Now as for the other two... it could have been anything goes. One could have been a wrestling judge' date=' and the other could have been another striking judge...

Takedowns IMO are scored too highly, especially when the opponent gets up right afterwards, or is controlling you in their guard. Also, pulling guard is looked at as the person pulling guard is not getting the takedown, but the other person is from what I understand. This does not make sense IMO, because the guy pulling guard is initiating the takedown into what he feels is the more advantageous position to himself. Guard is looked at as a weakness in MMA, which is really not right IMO.

In short though, it really depends on how you scored this fight. If you scored the takedowns as "more effective control" then Hamill won, if you counted striking as "more points" then Bisping won. This is one of those fights where you need a specific way of scoring, or score the whole fight like Pride and Dream do. If the fight was scored throughout the entire fight instead of a round for round basis, then Hamill would have easily won because of the first round...

Its all a matter of judging and judging criteria in this fight.[/quote']

I totally agree with your thoughts on pulling gaurd. It should be scored as much as a takedown. The scoring system should be tweeked a little to make things like takedowns, control people in guard/pulling guard, strikes, etc.. easier to score with set point values

Even if so' date=' the judges always score takedowns better then striking, why did they not in that fight.[/quote']

err...no. They score them more highly depending on what leads on from the take down. If the guy underneath attempts to fight or tries submission then he will score the more points.

Bisping won the fight against Hamill fair and square. No favouritism, no cheating, no referee mistakes. He outpointed Hamill at times and came off better (points wise) even when Hamill was on top of him.

err...no. They score them more highly depending on what leads on from the take down. If the guy underneath attempts to fight or tries submission then he will score the more points.

Bisping won the fight against Hamill fair and square. No favouritism' date=' no cheating, no referee mistakes. He outpointed Hamill at times and came off better (points wise) even when Hamill was on top of him.[/quote']

No he didn't, he did absoulutely nothing the first round, and almost as little the second round, the only time he was competitive the whole fight was the 3rd round and that is not enough to win the fight. So obviously you are very biased or you would see what everyone else see's that Bisping got utterly manhandled that fight and got off very lucky.

Bisping won the fight against Hamill fair and square. No favouritism' date=' no cheating, no referee mistakes. He outpointed Hamill at times and came off better (points wise) even when Hamill was on top of him.[/quote']

Wow, if you really believe this, it is going to be very difficult to put any stock whatsoever in to anything you say from here on out.

Wow' date=' if you really believe this, it is going to be very difficult to put any stock whatsoever in to anything you say from here on out.[/quote']

Alright Adolf calm down. But seriously....Bisping beat Hamill and if they fought again he would beat him again. I'm just glad Bisping was there to offer some friendly advice after the fight, "Go back to wrestling". As the nice guy he is I'm sure he'll have some for Hendo too.

No he didn't' date=' he did absoulutely nothing the first round, and almost as little the second round, the only time he was competitive the whole fight was the 3rd round and that is not enough to win the fight. So obviously you are very biased or you would see what everyone else see's that Bisping got utterly manhandled that fight and got off very lucky.[/quote']

Wow' date=' if you really believe this, it is going to be very difficult to put any stock whatsoever in to anything you say from here on out.[/quote']

I have to agree with all of this!

Credibility is an easy thing to lose in the forum my friend, at least in this case

Alright Adolf calm down. But seriously....Bisping beat Hamill and if they fought again he would beat him again. I'm just glad Bisping was there to offer some friendly advice after the fight' date=' "Go back to wrestling". As the nice guy he is I'm sure he'll have some for Hendo too.[/quote']

Adolf?? Are you implying that I am a Nazi?

Wow, now I know for sure not to take any stock whatsoever in to any of your opinions. First of all because of the response. Second because you seem to think Bisping actually won, which is EXTREMELY laughable. And third because you think what he said to Hamil after the beating Matt put on him was funny.

Pure denial, and lack of MMA knowledge. Duly noted. Carry on.

i did not know anyone could be hugging Bispings nuts so tightly they could every be blind to the fact that Bisping got beat like a red headed step chiled when he fought Hammil...

that is truely an impresive feat to be able to do such a thing

Adolf?? Are you implying that I am a Nazi?

Wow' date=' now I know for sure not to take any stock whatsoever in to any of your opinions. First of all because of the response. Second because you seem to think Bisping actually won, which is EXTREMELY laughable. And third because you think what he said to Hamil after the beating Matt put on him was funny.

Pure denial, and lack of MMA knowledge. Duly noted. Carry on.[/quote']

This was funny :)

i did not know anyone could be hugging Bispings nuts so tightly they could every be blind to the fact that Bisping got beat like a red headed step chiled when he fought Hammil...

that is truely an impresive feat to be able to do such a thing

Apparently such a feat is so impressive that if you put in on a resume you may wind up with a job judging MMA!

Hamill got ROBBED. At no point did Bisping have an advantage. He was barely even in the 3rd...and I mean barely.