Sign in to follow this  
firemanspike911

W.T.F. Dana White?

Where is your sense of pride as a American!!!! When Dana White in my opinion stacked the deck against the U.S. You can not tell me that we do not have tougher fighters out there then what he brought on this season! Its like he wants the U.S. to lose!!!! I have faithfully watched all UFC fights and the Ultimate Fighter series but these last two fights have done it for me, thats it!!!! I will no longer support Dana White or watch his so called Ultimate Fighter events.

Where is your sense of pride as a American!!!! When Dana White in my opinion stacked the deck against the U.S. You can not tell me that we do not have tougher fighters out there then what he brought on this season! Its like he wants the U.S. to lose!!!! I have faithfully watched all UFC fights and the Ultimate Fighter series but these last two fights have done it for me' date=' thats it!!!! I will no longer support Dana White or watch his so called Ultimate Fighter events.[/quote']

OH NO!!!!! :eek:

Dana White did not stack the deck against America. Dana White is a business man and does what is good for business. End of story.

As far as the Brits being a better team... it seems to me that the try outs were well advertised and those that wanted to show up did. It's not up to Dana to drive around the country trying to find guys to be on his show.

Suck it up and enjoy the show. Some of these guys could be the best America has to offer. We'll see.

I heard a interesting scenerio the other day. Someone said he may have gotten a beatable american team to make the UFC more of a hit in the UK. He is a business man, but Im not sure...I think the americans have a couple great fighters on there. Just wish they would quit arguing about the smallest ****...

I'm with you Fireman, this some bull****! I have been kick boxing for over 20 years and have fought around the world. These guys from team America aren't even close to the what the US has to offer! This is becoming a glorified Pro wrestling league. Dana can **** Himself if he thinks I'll waste anymore time or money watching this BS. The last PPV was a scam!

Bravo you obviousley know as much about MMA as you do tampons! Or your some sorry brit ***** who is finally able to get over the Boston tea party. I've trained all over the US and I assure you, this isn't even close to the best the US has to offer. Have you watched any of the previous shows?

Bravo you obviousley know as much about MMA as you do tampons! Or your some sorry brit ***** who is finally able to get over the Boston tea party. I've trained all over the US and I assure you' date=' this isn't even close to the best the US has to offer. Have you watched any of the previous shows?[/quote']

I didn't say this was the best the US has to offer. I said it's the best that showed up for the try outs.

Not a Brit and don't know a lot about tampons, but I do know a little about mma. I also know a little about business. If better fighters would have shown up to tryouts, better fighters would be in the house.

I'm with you Fireman' date=' this some bull****! I have been kick boxing for over 20 years and have fought around the world. These guys from team America aren't even close to the what the US has to offer! This is becoming a glorified Pro wrestling league. Dana can **** Himself if he thinks I'll waste anymore time or money watching this BS. The last PPV was a scam![/quote']

What happened to just enjoying another reason to watch fighting? If you dont like it go watch something else.

You don't **** about MMA! I've been thai kickboxing for over 20 years and trained with Americans that would absolutely destroy anyone on this show! Sharpen your pencil Dana and Bravo because your losing some of your REAL fans and that's people who actually have fought around the world and know more about this sport than the BS you put on tv.

I'm with you Fireman' date=' this some bull****! I have been kick boxing for over 20 years and have fought around the world. These guys from team America aren't even close to the what the US has to offer! This is becoming a glorified Pro wrestling league. Dana can **** Himself if he thinks I'll waste anymore time or money watching this BS. The last PPV was a scam![/quote']

Okay and is kickboxing MMA?

Bravo is right. Maybe the best guys did not show up. Maybe they had to train for fights during that time. This is nothing like Pro wrestling. How you can compare them is beyond me.

Bravo you obviousley know as much about MMA as you do tampons! Or your some sorry brit ***** who is finally able to get over the Boston tea party. I've trained all over the US and I assure you' date=' this isn't even close to the best the US has to offer. Have you watched any of the previous shows?[/quote']

Yeah, I have watched the previous shows, and I can tell you that most of the previous shows didnt have that much talent either other then two or three guys in each division usually.

Some of the shows (like the one with BJ/Pulver) had a lot of talent because they were using people who were already stars basically, or were top prospects. The whole show was loaded with fighters. Now look at last years, and you will see that the Talent was not even that good aside from Bader, Krzyzs and Vinny in one class, and Junie, Efrain and Phillipe in the other class out of 16 fighters...

I think you need to relax, because it sounds to me like you are just pissy for no reason.

EROK is obviousley another couch potato that hasn't done more than beat his little sister up and Mike suck a **** bisbing shows his true colors. LOSER, he better not show up for Henderson either or he'll eat his words!

You don't **** about MMA! I've been thai kickboxing for over 20 years and trained with Americans that would absolutely destroy anyone on this show! Sharpen your pencil Dana and Bravo because your losing some of your REAL fans and that's people who actually have fought around the world and know more about this sport than the BS you put on tv.

Ok so but there not so deal with that, go start your own league or something for the REAL fans or REAL tools like you.

Hock, back off with the insults towards bravo.

You are right. There is MMA in other countries. Now Thai Boxing is just one piece to the puzzle, so... If they get taken down then they die. Its really that simple.

Real fans? How does that make you more of a fan then Bravo? Hmmm... speaking of Tampons, maybe you should go buy some...

EROK is obviousley another couch potato that hasn't done more than beat his little sister up and Mike suck a **** bisbing shows his true colors. LOSER' date=' he better not show up for Henderson either or he'll eat his words![/quote']

Wait... so you know about kickboxing, and you are telling me Hendo is going to "kick the crap" out of Bisping... even though Bisping has 98938839 times better striking then Hendo correct? Hendo... if you have been watching recently... is getting worse per fight.

EROK is obviousley another couch potato that hasn't done more than beat his little sister up and Mike suck a **** bisbing shows his true colors. LOSER' date=' he better not show up for Henderson either or he'll eat his words![/quote']

haha dude that was lame

Wait... so you know about kickboxing' date=' and you are telling me Hendo is going to "kick the crap" out of Bisping... even though Bisping has 98938839 times better striking then Hendo correct? Hendo... if you have been watching recently... is getting worse per fight.[/quote']

Now, I disagree, and think Hendo will win, but I can find a better way to debate this then he can. lol

So, why didn't you show up to the tryouts? Or your training partners? I have no vested interest in this show, I'm nothing more than a fan, and have never pretended to be anything more. I just don't get why people get all mad about the level of talent on the show, when they could have done something about it.

It's hard to relax when you devote your life to Martial arts only to see Dana White make a mockery of America's fighters. Do your homework casual viewer, Thai kickboxing along with Jitz were the beginning of MMA and I've been fighting in the Netherlands and Thailand long before it was cool or on TV.

Now' date=' I disagree, and think Hendo will win, but I can find a better way to debate this then he can. lol[/quote']

Now this is fine saying this, because I can agree that Hendo has a great chance of beating Bisping (nearly 50/50). If we say "someone is getting an **** kicking" though, we are usually talking about one person outstriking the other person. Hendo WILL NOT outstrike Bisping. Hendo could take him to the ground and maybe lay on him for a DECISION... But **** kicking he will not

Good old decision Dan!

See, now we are going to agree on something.

"Thai kickboxing along with Jitz were the beginning of MMA and I've been fighting in the Netherlands and Thailand long before it was cool or on TV."

But again, Dana isn't making a mockery of America's fighters. If they don't show up to the tryout, they won't be on tv.

It's hard to relax when you devote your life to Martial arts only to see Dana White make a mockery of America's fighters. Do your homework casual viewer' date=' Thai kickboxing along with Jitz were the beginning of MMA and I've been fighting in the Netherlands and Thailand long before it was cool or on TV.[/quote']

So, how do you know who is a casual viewer here and who is not? I have been talking MMA with Bravo for years. He is a great guy that deserves a little more respect.

The way you are coming off no one will put any stock in to what you are saying.

You been fighting that long and we do not know who you are? Maybe consider getting a real job.

It's hard to relax when you devote your life to Martial arts only to see Dana White make a mockery of America's fighters. Do your homework casual viewer' date=' Thai kickboxing along with Jitz were the beginning of MMA and I've been fighting in the Netherlands and Thailand long before it was cool or on TV.[/quote']

... no.. No it was not the beginning.

The beginning of MMA was BJJ...

The next step was Wrestling and its different styles... then BJJ and wrestling were considered "the best base"

Striking at that point was obsolete because no one could use it to get a good advantage.

If I remember correctly... that was how it all started... Thai had little to do with it at the time.

The next step was Wrestling and its different styles... then BJJ and wrestling were considered "the best base"

Striking at that point was obsolete because no one could use it to get a good advantage.

If I remember correctly... that was how it all started... Thai had little to do with it at the time.

You are correct when it comes to MMA, with out a doubt.

So' date=' how do you know who is a casual viewer here and who is not? I have been talking MMA with Bravo for years. He is a great guy that deserves a little more respect.

The way you are coming off no one will put any stock in to what you are saying.

You been fighting that long and we do not know who you are? Maybe consider getting a real job.[/quote']

Ohhhh BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO:D

I've had 2 training partners win the show. At 42 and 2 reconstructed knee's feel it's time to not put my body on the line to prove anything more. I played D1 football for 4 years on full ride at ASU, was a state champion 5A wrestler, and considered one of the top American Thai kickboxers from 1985-1990. I have nothing left to prove, and I'm insulted by the level of talent he recruited for team America. Don't get me wrong there are 2 or 3 guys on team America that have some serious skills, but it's clear the rest are there to get the Euro's to start watching and increase market share. I never competed as a business, it was a passion and commitment to the sport which has been lost in making $$$$$$$$$$.

Yup yup (oh I just became a senior member celebration time)

Talk is cheap. How can you say BJJ was the start of MMA when there are strikers like Anderson who will neutralize even the most talented BJJ guys with his strikes?

Talk is cheap. How can you say BJJ was the start of MMA when there are strikers like Anderson who will neutralize even the most talented BJJ guys with his strikes?

Anderson wasnt the start of MMA! Do you know what your talking about?

You don't know who I am, because I've never fought for fame or to start my own gym. In my prime the best fighters were overseas so that is were I competed. Mike Tyson was all the rage in my day and everyone thought martial artist's were a bunch of Bruce Lee wannabe's

I've had 2 training partners win the show. At 42 and 2 reconstructed knee's feel it's time to not put my body on the line to prove anything more. I played D1 football for 4 years on full ride at ASU' date=' was a state champion 5A wrestler, and considered one of the top American Thai kickboxers from 1985-1990. I have nothing left to prove, and I'm insulted by the level of talent he recruited for team America. Don't get me wrong there are 2 or 3 guys on team America that have some serious skills, but it's clear the rest are there to get the Euro's to start watching and increase market share. I never competed as a business, it was a passion and commitment to the sport which has been lost in making $$$$$$$$$$.[/quote']

nice. I am a huge fan of wrestling, kickboxing, etc. not just mma. In fact, in a month or so, at age 43, I am going to start training mma, for the love of the sport. My son wants to fight when he gets older. He and I will be training together.

I wasn't trying to insult you, or suggest that you weren't a fighter. I was simply saying that Americans need to show up to the tryouts.

Just think how I feel, I'm Canadian... we didn't even get invited. :)

Didn't say Anderson was the start, simply that a multi disciplined striker will neutralize a BJJ artist. If this is not true why didn't that world champion BJJ guy beat Anderson? You can't think that Anderson Silva is the first striker with skills? How about St. Pierre and BJ Penn (and I actually enjoy BJ's style and skills so I'm not bashing him).

Damn shame you guys didn't, given some of your fighters. It is obvious that Canada has embraced MMA, how else do you end up with guys like George.

There is a lack of talent on the american team, but no one can blame Dana for that. He choose who showed up, gave people chances. The americans showed up out of shape, and not ready, or at least a couple did. The UK seems more determined to make MMA mainstream their, so they will fight hard.

P.S..... ultimate fighter 10... Canada vs. World?

Sure don't as I never competed in MMA, back then it was called Cage fighting and tough man competitions. There were no weight classes and the best fighter didn't always win.

Didn't say Anderson was the start' date=' simply that a multi disciplined striker will neutralize a BJJ artist. If this is not true why didn't that world champion BJJ guy beat Anderson? You can't think that Anderson Silva is the first striker with skills? How about St. Pierre and BJ Penn (and I actually enjoy BJ's style and skills so I'm not bashing him).[/quote']

Well see theres something we agree on because im a huge Penn fan.

I never studied BJJ, but at the age of 8 got my son in a gym to compliment/improve his wrestling. He went from dud to stud in a year so I am a believer in BJJ. Just feel loyal to my roots.

OK Bravo, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But I'll guarantee these guys aren't the best America has to offer, just the best who showed up. And I'll say again, there are 2-3 skilled Americans on the show.