Sign in to follow this  
firemanspike911

W.T.F. Dana White?

Sometimes when you too old to get up and do something about it (physically) *****ing and reminiscing are all you have. I have been a huge MMA fan, I just feel this show is NOT a representation of what the US has to offer in the amateur arena. And it frustrates that crap out of me!

I hear you on that. It may be too early still though we will have to check out the next one. I still got faith for the Americans to at least make this more interesting.

OK gentlemen, may have let my emotions and inability to get in there and kick someone's head off get the best of me. I assure you, you know who I am (and it's not hock). A few hints, Ken Shamrock and Dan Severin have both fed me there fist's. My last fight was against a BJJ artist and I hopped out of the ring with crushed metatarsels in my left foot due to an ankle lock. If I insulted you it really wasn't personel, just wanted to see were your heart and emotion is. Lastly, the best Brit's have already fought and now it's our time. I'm out!

Oh, and I'm known for being a brash prick.

In my opinion, I didn't really like how they matched up the US fights to begin with. The first two fights to be in the house, were, IMO the best 4 fighters that I saw. I wish they would have done some different matchups initially on the US side. I will still support the US of course! I don't like how we have yet to see any training by Henderson, besides running up some steps. I would like to see Henderson bring this team together ASAP. Mr. Editor, please make the US look better....lol :D

Didn't say Anderson was the start' date=' simply that a multi disciplined striker will neutralize a BJJ artist. If this is not true why didn't that world champion BJJ guy beat Anderson? You can't think that Anderson Silva is the first striker with skills? How about St. Pierre and BJ Penn (and I actually enjoy BJ's style and skills so I'm not bashing him).[/quote']

Maybe, but strikers usually need strong wrestling to stop the fight from hitting the ground, or excellent BJJ to stop from being subbed. St.Pierre has excellent BJJ and Wrestling (especially wrestling), BJ Penn has amazing boxing, amazing takedown defense, and godly BJJ. They are both all around great fighters.. Anderson defeated Leites mainly because Leites could not get him to the ground on a regular basis.

A good example of Spidey being neutralized quite easily was the Lutter fight in the first round.

There is a lack of talent on the american team' date=' but no one can blame Dana for that. He choose who showed up, gave people chances. The americans showed up out of shape, and not ready, or at least a couple did. The UK seems more determined to make MMA mainstream their, so they will fight hard.

P.S..... ultimate fighter 10... Canada vs. World?[/quote']

Canada vs the world!? I am Canadian, and I believe in fair competition... this is not fair competition. If anything, it should be the world vs Brazil, that way, the world has a slight chance of winning.

OK gentlemen' date=' may have let my emotions and inability to get in there and kick someone's head off get the best of me. I assure you, you know who I am (and it's not hock). A few hints, Ken Shamrock and Dan Severin have both fed me there fist's. My last fight was against a BJJ artist and I hopped out of the ring with crushed metatarsels in my left foot due to an ankle lock. If I insulted you it really wasn't personel, just wanted to see were your heart and emotion is. Lastly, the best Brit's have already fought and now it's our time. I'm out!

Oh, and I'm known for being a brash prick.[/quote']

Kimo Leopoldo?

Did you actually fight both Shamrock and Severn inside the octagon in a match up? Or just a training match?

Kimo and Don are good guesses, around the right age group and era but I wouldn't have thought either were seen as kickboxing legends. I'm hell curious and have no idea!

OK gentlemen' date=' may have let my emotions and inability to get in there and kick someone's head off get the best of me. I assure you, you know who I am (and it's not hock). A few hints, Ken Shamrock and Dan Severin have both fed me there fist's. My last fight was against a BJJ artist and I hopped out of the ring with crushed metatarsels in my left foot due to an ankle lock. If I insulted you it really wasn't personel, just wanted to see were your heart and emotion is. Lastly, the best Brit's have already fought and now it's our time. I'm out!

There are a lot of guys that both of them fought. The majority of those guys were either in the UFC or Pancrase.

From your posts, I wold not have thought you fought in either of those. That leaves Sam Adkins but he did not lose his last recorded fight that way, and I have met him. I do not know him, but I have met him.

Where is your sense of pride as a American!!!! When Dana White in my opinion stacked the deck against the U.S. You can not tell me that we do not have tougher fighters out there then what he brought on this season! Its like he wants the U.S. to lose!!!! I have faithfully watched all UFC fights and the Ultimate Fighter series but these last two fights have done it for me' date=' thats it!!!! I will no longer support Dana White or watch his so called Ultimate Fighter events.[/quote']

I've not read the rest of the points but have you maybe thought that the UK guys who have fought previously are better than the US guys?

Bas Rutten?

Can't be. He said he fought before it was the in thing to do. And that he did it somewhere else. I dunno. But that is not Bas. And Bas is not an American.

lol g__row.....he just became a citizen of US recently...humm...i like mma trivia

Yeah, that may be the case, I have no idea, but this guy was talking about a long time ago, it appeared. And I doubt Bas would be posting like this.

Hock, what 2 past winners were your training partners? A few people around here are close to quite a few past winners as well.

Something everyone here must also remember, Dana does not make all the decisions on who makes the show, quite a few of the picks are made by the Spike Executives, because this is reality tv after all...

Hock' date=' what 2 past winners were your training partners? A few people around here are close to quite a few past winners as well.

Something everyone here must also remember, Dana does not make all the decisions on who makes the show, quite a few of the picks are made by the Spike Executives, because this is reality tv after all...[/quote']

I asked him that as well. I was wondering if it might have been Rashad and Diego. Ya know, the whole Jacksons thing. lol

The hock, or gambrel, is the tarsal joint of a digitigrade quadruped, such as a horse, cat, or dog. It is the anatomical homologue of the ankle of the human foot.

Brewster, u talkin about me?

No Cosmo, I'm referring to this quote... ;)

G___Row

Last guess 4 awhile: Patrick Smith

Pat Smith never fought Dan Severn, and he lost his last fight due to strikes.

This guy says he fought over seas before it was cool. I got the impression that he never claims to have fought in the UFC.

Then he says two of his training partners won the TUF show.

Sorry, but the time lines do not fit. I have to call BS.

Sorry I missed the guessing game. I would lay money down that it is NOT GB for sure. Other than that, I will wait and see when he comes back (Next week?)

Brew... good to see you back on here.

Guys...please! It's the internet. The first thing you should do when someone comes in and claims he's "once been concidered the best this or that", refuses to give a name but instead spits out a few ominous hints is to call him a fake and hit ignore? How stupid is that anyway: either he wants to stay anonymous - then he has to deal with the fact that he will be treated like any other postn00b until he's proven his worth through numerous clever postings. Or he just tells us his name. The guessing game is a troll-signature, imo. Has trained with two TUF winners and still has so horridly little insight...sure...

I heard a interesting scenerio the other day. Someone said he may have gotten a beatable american team to make the UFC more of a hit in the UK. He is a business man' date=' but Im not sure...I think the americans have a couple great fighters on there. Just wish they would quit arguing about the smallest ****...[/quote']

I think a few good fighters were chosen for team USA but not all the best fighters that tried out were chosen. The Brits tried out first, this set a bar for the talent level and no US fighters above this bar could be chosen. It is best for the UFC if the Brits win. The UFC is making a push to reach deeper into Europe and around the world ie. Germany, Australia. If the Brits win the popularity in Europe shoots through the roof. It's simply business, I don't like it but don't blame the UFC either.

This season is like the NBA and MLB, not worth watching until the finals.

The UFC is making a push to reach deeper into Europe and around the world ie. Germany' date=' Australia. If the Brits win the popularity in Europe shoots through the roof. It's simply business, I don't like it but don't blame the UFC either.[/quote']

This conspiracy theory is leaking like the titanic:

1. UFC already IS big in the UK. They wouldn't need to pull this kind of stunt to increase popularity there. That they chose this theme for the show is enough.

2. Even IF the UFC wanted this: TUF is a Spike brand. The UFC doesn't even own the TUF-Licence, Spike does. And Spike surely wouldn't diminish the shows overall quality because the UFC would somewhat prefer the UK guys to win...

3. ...especially because they'd have to look on the flipside of things: Why would they intentionally alienate their US fanbase...where the REAL money comes from - both in PPV money for the UFC and in ad-money for Spike. F*cking over the big customer to please the small customer...who'd do that? The UK market will never even get close to the US market if it grows like crazy ...it wouldn't make sense at all.

4. The other european countries don't give a **** cause a) TUF is not running there. In germany you gotta download it as a torrent or wait for the DVD-release (or both ;)). And B) we don't necessarily cheer for the brits only because they are part of europe as well. Historically, germany is much better friends with the US than with the UK for ex.

Bottom line: Forget about this. Nobody pulled any strings to make Team UK win. The only thing that surely happens is that the TV guys will insist on some "vibrant personalities" on the show to spice things up. I'm willing to bet that it was a Spike Exec who put Rob Browning on the show in hopes of him terrorizing his way through the show. I'm not even sure if it wasn't some pressure from his TV partners that made Dana keep Junie on the previous season in spite of all his antics. Team US may suffer a bit more from this kind of stuf because it was probably easier for the producers to screen the american fighters for "interesting material" than the UK guys. Also, the MMA scene in the US has probably grown much more firm structures i.e. some well known academys like ATT & Co. deliver most of the fighters for the show and it's harder to get on board if you don't have a training camp that's well connected to the show. But other than that you'll just have to go with Ockham's Razor: It's much more likely that there simply weren't enough A-grade fighters showing up for the TUF 9 rehearsals in the US - as far as we can tell so far. And unless we're mistaken, most of them will get their asses kicked. But the Hughes vs. Serra Season has already proven that even complete domination in the prelims doesn't mean you can't win. =)

oh noes... UKs A level fighters against US's B-C level fighters... guess what its still going to be more even then people think

I've had 2 training partners win the show. At 42 and 2 reconstructed knee's feel it's time to not put my body on the line to prove anything more. I played D1 football for 4 years on full ride at ASU' date=' was a state champion 5A wrestler, and considered one of the top American Thai kickboxers from 1985-1990. I have nothing left to prove, and I'm insulted by the level of talent he recruited for team America. Don't get me wrong there are 2 or 3 guys on team America that have some serious skills, but it's clear the rest are there to get the Euro's to start watching and increase market share. I never competed as a business, it was a passion and commitment to the sport which has been lost in making $$$$$$$$$$.[/quote']

Unfortunately, I have to agree. This season's US team is a poor showing of the real talent we have here and it is clear that they didn't choose our best fighters in the US. The thing is, its just a TV show and a competition. We aren't fighting a war here. We ARE trying to open a new market for the show, and you have to admit the Brits have some fantastic new fighters that we can look forward to fighting against our more established fighters in the future. I know the whole point is to pit our two countries against eachother, but its kind of stupid if you ask me. As an ex-Airborne soldier, there isn't another country's soldier in the world I would be prouder to stand next to than my British ally. That's the truth. I don't mind taking a beating from my friend if I learn something. Let's hope they are ready to face the rest of the UFC with as open an attitude.

I can say this right now that if anyone believes they "fixed" the show this year, it is more then likely wrong. The reason is... that would be terrible marketing to send weak fighters into the UFC and lose money from them just getting owned for the next year or two. Even if the Brits were not for real, and one of them won a contract, they would be able to do anything at all with the UFC fighters if they were cans.

I can say this right now that if anyone believes they "fixed" the show this year' date=' it is more then likely wrong. The reason is... that would be terrible marketing to send weak fighters into the UFC and lose money from them just getting owned for the next year or two. Even if the Brits were not for real, and one of them won a contract, they would be able to do anything at all with the UFC fighters if they were cans.[/quote']

So, are you saying these US fighters represent the best our country has to offer in new talent? I'm just curious...

So' date=' are you saying these US fighters represent the best our country has to offer in new talent? I'm just curious...[/quote']

Not at all. I am saying that I doubt they fixed the show just to pull in some UK fans...

If they did that, those UK fans would no longer be watching after their new UK fighter gets massacred in each and every fight.

They are certainly FAR from your worst fighters as well.

Not at all. I am saying that I doubt they fixed the show just to pull in some UK fans...

If they did that' date=' those UK fans would no longer be watching after their new UK fighter gets massacred in each and every fight.

They are certainly FAR from your worst fighters as well.[/quote']

I'm not much into the conspiracy thing either, but what you say could be taken both ways. You said that UK fans wouldn't tune in to see their fighters beaten each week. I doubt the US team was fixed. I do think, however, that clever editing could have been done the last few weeks to make the US team look worse than it actually is. I happen to like a couple of the UK fighters far more than the US fighters at this point, but this is just judging by what I've been shown so far. One guy is a wife-stealer. The other guy doesn't know why he is there? All the while, the Brits look like the intelligent, strong and passionate team. This is what we have been shown. This is what they want us to see so far. It makes a good TV show but I don't think we have the whole story...

its simple, uk is going to rule the lightweight, and the US is going to, well Demarcus, is going to rule the welterweights. There is a few **** on the us but there was a few things that went down, like what if the two guys that had to leave were the baddest dudes there, or that fluke when that dude knocked himself out.

as far as dana white stackin the us team to us it is entirely plausable. when it comes down to money anything is possible. but i gotta say the brits are cool in my book . no pranks no bull**** just there to throw down and do their thing i have no problem with one of them winning now bisping is another story i think he is overated and i cant wait to he gets served but i dunt think hendo is going to do it .

brits are more of a team.if usa team came to uk they would act like uk team.backs against the wall not all selfish like now.

and watched a few other old episodes of TUF, and guys making it into the house.

I really do refuse to believe that these are really the BEST guys we have to offer at these weights.

I know that you will never really get the best, but, from what I heard, there was only one tryout, not well publicized. How many fighters actually showed up to tryout?

Who didn't know about it, who couldn't travel that far.....

These is a pretty overall weak crop of fighters in comparison.

consider this,

The USA has a population of 304 million people compared to the UK's 61 million. The pool of talent for UK fighters is a fraction of that for the USA (also considering that MMA in the UK is years behind the US in terms of popularity). I live just outside of London and don't even know where my nearest MMA club/gym/team is. Finding fighters in the UK is effectively the equivalent of only using California and Oregon in the States!

The point is, if you're all going to complain about the quality of Team USA just think how impressive it is that the UK can even manage to match you at this stage, let alone be considered as better. TUF 9 is a fair contest, and its by no means guaranteed that the UK are going to win anyway but it seems to me like there's a lot of worried Americans.

P.S that includes Jason Pierce who might actually cry if he's made to fight Faulkner. Man the **** up Jason.

I agree that the tryouts were not advertised very well, if they would have been then how could we have wound up with another "Browning Boy" 2 guys from the same family??? It's Bullshi$, Dana White is doing this for publicity. There is way more talent in America than what was picked for the show. Nothing against the Brit's. Just wish they(Dana) would focus on fighting instead of ratings. The Browning boy just cost a good unknown fighter a chance at fighting for a living. Jr. Browning boy was I glad to see him get smoked.

whining or fair or anything like that.

Go back and watch the previous TUF seasons, especially 1 and 2, and few more after that as well, and the fighters on the show seemed overall much better. (there seem to be a few decent fighters, but no where the quality and depth)

As far as saying well, we are smaller, that doesn't work. Say you went and put together a basketball team and only had tryouts in Idaho, would you get a good team??

Point is this, I don't really CARE who wins or loses for EITHER Britain or USA.

The USA fighter quality seems DOWN from previous seasons.

No matter if they are fighting GB, Russia, or whoever!

Hate to break it you all MMA in current form started in Brazil of all plades. If you want to look at it go to Greece the Spartans have it hands down.

I would also agree that to this point' date=' Dan has done more. But down the road Bisping has the potential to do the same IMO[/quote']

Bisbing is gonna do allright but he won't be no Hall Of Famer. Nothing close to the Hendo's carreer. Bisbing hasn't even scratched the surface yet. IMO

Bisbing is gonna do allright but he won't be no Hall Of Famer. Nothing close to the Hendo's carreer. Bisbing hasn't even scratched the surface yet. IMO

We don't know that though! Bisping could end up blowing Hendos career away. Do I think its likely? No. But is it possible if he lives up to his potential? Yes

I'm not his biggest fan but he does have skill. If he gets better in some areas and keeps his striking good he could be really good.