Sign in to follow this  
J_Rip505

Dollar

Dollar looked like a beast last night. Idk what he was thinking when he said his stand up was terrible, he whooped the crap out of stapes. None of the UK guys that fight him will stand a chance, he pretty much took out thier strongest fighter.

Dollar looked like a beast last night. Idk what he was thinking when he said his stand up was terrible' date=' he whooped the crap out of stapes. None of the UK guys that fight him will stand a chance, he pretty much took out thier strongest fighter.[/quote']

what show are you watching that Stapes is the UKs best fighter??? Ross, Faulkner, Winner, and the BJJ guy( I forgot his name) are ALL better than Stapes IMO. Dollar's stand up was ok but nothing special, his ground game was impressive but against a guy who just GAVE his back to him!!! He looked good tonight but Ross will destroy him IMO!!

what show are you watching that Stapes is the UKs best fighter??? Ross' date=' Faulkner, Winner, and the BJJ guy( I forgot his name) are ALL better than Stapes IMO. Dollar's stand up was ok but nothing special, his ground game was impressive but against a guy who just GAVE his back to him!!! He looked good tonight but Ross will destroy him IMO!![/quote']

Did you hear the instructions Bisping was yelling. Maybe I am misunderstanding UKism but it sounded like he wanted him to roll and give his back. And when he did, right before he got chocked our, Bisping was yelling "good good."

Dollar looked good on the ground, for sure. I liked the way he sank that body triangle. And his stand up was not all that bad. Now if we could only work on his personality.........

Did you hear the instructions Bisping was yelling. Maybe I am misunderstanding UKism but it sounded like he wanted him to roll and give his back. And when he did' date=' right before he got chocked our, Bisping was yelling "good good."

Dollar looked good on the ground, for sure. I liked the way he sank that body triangle. And his stand up was not all that bad. Now if we could only work on his personality.........[/quote']

If that was the case he's the dumbest coach on earth!!! You never give your back willingly, bad things happen to good people like that :) Especially because that Dollar kid is good on the ground and got into the house with a RNC didn't he??? Getting kinda hard to defend ya Bisping LOL

And I agree about the body triangle too......he looked very solid on the ground last night!!

I am gonna have to watch the fight again and be sure of what I heard.

Bisping is not much of a ground guy though.

I am gonna have to watch the fight again and be sure of what I heard.

Bisping is not much of a ground guy though.

This is an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!

"Ok give him your back Good good. Ok now roll AWAY from the choke good good, WTF did you tap for???"

LOL I will take a look at my DVR. I will tell you what he said when I get the chance...

I thought he was saying roll to your side though (thinking of maybe a hip escape from mount?)

LOL I will take a look at my DVR. I will tell you what he said when I get the chance...

I thought he was saying roll to your side though (thinking of maybe a hip escape from mount?)

this is probably right! Hip escapes are so risky IMO though!

Dollar looked like a beast last night. Idk what he was thinking when he said his stand up was terrible' date=' he whooped the crap out of stapes. [b']None of the UK guys that fight him will stand a chance, he pretty much took out thier strongest fighter[/b].

Wait till Faulkner gets a fight. You haven't seen the best from Team UK yet. not by a long shot. You have, however, seen the best that the US has to offer in Damarques Johnson.

Honestly? Dollar is a punk ****. He'll be beaten when his number comes up again.

Dollars number came up and he won.

I like Faulkner, but I question how great he is because of the things Bisping said about him. I do hope he does well though.

And I watched it again. He was telling him to roll into his guard, it just sounded different. And he was telling him Good good, grab his hands, right before he tapped. lol

I was surprised by Stapleton' date=' he looked clueless. Still do';t think Dollar is any good though.[/quote']

His stand up sucks, and wrestling and clinch as well. His ground game is solid though IMO! Granted Stapes pretty much just gave him his back when they went to the ground, but you can see he's comfortable there. But he has no chance against Ross or the BJJ guy from team UK.

I've had to change my perspective on the show and stop looking at it as it is billed, "US vs UK". I don't want to cheer for a crew of Americans who mostly act like punks. I want to root for the guy I like the best, regardless of which side of the pond he comes from.

I think Wilks, Faulkner, and Johnson are the best fighters on the show. I'm going to be pulling for Lawson in the lightweight camp because he's an old man (30) like me. :D

Dollar did come up big and surprised..... well, everyone. You have to respect anyone that can conquer their nerves like that and win. His actions outside of the octagon, though? Ugh. Just..... ugh. Mugging for the cameras and talking all of the **** that he does has just really turned me off to him. Same for Johnson. One minute he's praying, the next he's cursing like a sailor. I find it hard to connect with any of the US team. The one that I did like going in was Mark Miller, and he was the first one out.

He was impressive... The looks on the Brit fighters faces after thier BEST fighter got Whupped... Priceless.

Never judge we AMERICANS by our appearences... These men have heart.

He was impressive... The looks on the Brit fighters faces after thier BEST fighter got Whupped... Priceless.

Never judge we AMERICANS by our appearences... These men have heart.

Sure they may have heart, but theyre also notorious for having heart-attacks as well, jk. I was really surpirised by this fight, Stapes was my #3 LW from the beginning right after Dre and Pearson. Plz don't match Lawson up with Dent, neither deserve to be in the Semi's

Sure they may have heart' date=' but theyre also notorious for having heart-attacks as well, jk. I was really surpirised by this fight, Stapes was my #3 LW from the beginning right after Dre and Pearson. Plz don't match Lawson up with Dent, neither deserve to be in the Semi's[/quote']

LOL

Lawson is actually really skilled, along with Pearson and Winner... T**se three and the orange haired kid are going to have a WAR for this years TUF finale!

Lawson may actually be really skilled at BJJ, but to me, the guy he faced in the prelims just looked really bad. Dent on paper is actually the favourite to win at LW. He has a ton of experience and has already fought twice in the UFC (two decision losses to Huerta and Tibau). He didn't impress me at all t** against Browning, got tagged a few times and his GNP just looked soft.

Lawson may actually be really skilled at BJJ' date=' but to me, the guy he faced in the prelims just looked really bad. Dent on paper is actually the favourite to win at LW. He has a ton of experience and has already fought twice in the UFC (two decision losses to Huerta and Tibau). He didn't impress me at all t** against Browning, got tagged a few times and his GNP just looked soft.[/quote']

Well on paper communism works!!! Ross will destroy Dent, I'm sorry

Guess What?

I caught up on a few episodes due to the rerun saturday ***ht' date=' and my first prediction for the TUF 9 winner LW (I believe) will be Andre Winner.[/quote']

I believe you said this before didnt you? I t**ught you said Andre was going to win IYO? I think that is easily a good call. Andre has the best striking out of all the LWs by a good distance.

I believe you said this before didnt you? I t**ught you said Andre was going to win IYO? I think that is easily a good call. Andre has the best striking out of all the LWs by a good distance.

I said that after the first episode, but didn't watch any episodes after that.

Now I caught up on a couple and am saying it again.

this is probably right! Hip escapes are so risky IMO t**ugh!

More risky than sitting and getting your face bashed in? You've got to do something when a guy's in the mount, you can't just absorb damage and wait for the round to end (most of the time anyways)

The best answer is not getting mounted in the first place.

More risky than sitting and getting your face bashed in? You've got to do something when a guy's in the mount' date=' you can't just absorb damage and wait for the round to end (most of the time anyways)

The best answer is not getting mounted in the first place.[/quote']

Trying to hip escape to the guard or standing position is almost imposible agianst someone w** knows what there doing. Its much easier to try to transition to where your in their full guard. But your right, being mounted is never a good deal LOL.

Dollar has that punk additude but semms to be a good kid he's going to do pretty well I think, after all it seemsed like everyone was sure he'd lose this fight but instead he made people say holy sh@@ look at dana lol! I don't have anything against UK I just don't like bisping he's an **** hol@ ha ha IMO

I watched the Dollar fight with Stapes yesterday and thought that he was impressive , clearly he was nervous which personally i think is a good thing , i think he dominated Stapes and grew in confidence and even though he has been an **** with his comments about sleeping with his best M8's wife etc , i think once he grows up a little he will regret saying that and be a decent guy , who has a future in the UFC though really how far he goes depends on himself and his attitude . Funny enough i had tipped Stapes as my Dark Horse .

I feel like I should really dislike Cameron, because he's the kind of character I usually do dislike, but I find myself quite liking him. I like how he fights through his fear. He talks alot of cr*p, yes, but he is just a kid. At least he isn't really abusive. I think he covers up alot of insecurities with talk of bravado and conquests (which I think he is massively exaggerating).

It might also have something to do with the fact that during the last episode it just showed that idiot Frank being a total nob head. He is almost everything I hate about some people. Thinks he's better than he is, talks a load of cra*, and can't back it up. So having him on the episode I think took my focus off Dollar's silly comments, and made me kind of view him as a insecure little brother that needs guidance. Or some shi* like that.

I feel like I should really dislike Cameron' date=' because he's the kind of character I usually do dislike, but I find myself quite liking him. I like how he fights through his fear. He talks alot of cr*p, yes, but he is just a kid. At least he isn't really abusive. I think he covers up alot of insecurities with talk of bravado and conquests (which I think he is massively exaggerating).

It might also have something to do with the fact that during the last episode it just showed that idiot Frank being a total nob head. He is almost everything I hate about some people. Thinks he's better than he is, talks a load of cra*, and can't back it up. So having him on the episode I think took my focus off Dollar's silly comments, and made me kind of view him as a insecure little brother that needs guidance. Or some shi* like that.[/quote']

I have to say I agree with this.

When I first heard him talk, I didn't like him. But after the other day where he was honest about being scared and nervous about fighting Stapes, I kinda like him. I just thought it was very real of him to admit that to people and it made it a lot easier to relate to him. I know how nervous I used to get before a BJJ match and I just thought it was kinda cool to hear someone at that level of competition say that they still feel that feeling too!

I feel like I should really dislike Cameron' date=' because he's the kind of character I usually do dislike, but I find myself quite liking him. I like how he fights through his fear. He talks alot of cr*p, yes, but he is just a kid. At least he isn't really abusive. I think he covers up alot of insecurities with talk of bravado and conquests (which I think he is massively exaggerating).

It might also have something to do with the fact that during the last episode it just showed that idiot Frank being a total nob head. He is almost everything I hate about some people. Thinks he's better than he is, talks a load of cra*, and can't back it up. So having him on the episode I think took my focus off Dollar's silly comments, and made me kind of view him as a insecure little brother that needs guidance. Or some shi* like that.[/quote']

Totally agree TBB .

When he was talking about how many girls he had pounded, and his best friends wife i nearly threw my remote at the telly..I actualy thought i had found someone who loves themself more than Matt Hughes!

Then he gets called out and totaly changes! I now quite like him as he seems very honest (apart from his suposed conquests), you know were you stand with him and he just speaks his mind...

How many fighters do you know who openly admit to bricking themselves before a fight?

I was also very impressed with his performance against someone most thought would reach the finals..