Sign in to follow this  
caution1983

The truth about the Ultimate Fighter

The facts about this season of the Ultimate Fighter can't really go unnoticed can they? Here?s what I know and what I think...

The UFC is trying to promote real heavy in the UK, so what do they need? A show where the UK easily wins. Hence this seasons ultimate fighter, where the athletes are prepared and ready to take the US down. The US team is lacking in almost every way. The UK got the best guys they could find and gathered up some bottom line US fighters to guarantee the UK's wins. I think it's a lame way to do business, but I guess it's what is going to happen. Also... Michael Bisping as a coach??? Are you kidding me? Name one big name fighter he's gone against and won? The answer... NONE. Sure he's won fights, but against no name fighters. Now he's paired up with Dan Henderson... ok... not bad, but Dan is getting old and has lost a number of fights. It's kind of like fighting Ken Shamrock. Almost anyone can win against him now. He's getting old. Sleeping pills, my ****. He didn't show because he knew his fighter was going to lose. And the mouth piece comment. He was yelling at the ref to call the match. What a crap way to try to win a fight. I guess he will take a win anyway he can get it. Anyone remember the Hamill fight? I really hope USA pulls out more wins and I hope Dan puts a beating on Michael, but it's unlikely. They are going to say Dan is the favorite, but statistically I think it's just a way to make Michael look better than he really is. If he's that great he should be fighting A list fighters. The truth is, that won?t happen for a long time because again.... It's all about promoting in the UK. Canada is next and I?m guessing we are going to see the same thing all over again. So my predictions are UK will win and so will Bisping... How unfortunate.

You did not just compare Dan to Ken did you?? Please. Not even close. Ken is a joke.

The US are doing fine. The talent is no where close to what it was even last season, but the out come remains to be seen.

This is the problem with your first post...

"Here?s what I know and what I think..."

You need to be a little more clear on which is which. What do you know? What do you think?

You don't know that fighting Dan is the same as fighting Ken... you may think that... you would be wrong, but you can think that.

The facts about this season of the Ultimate Fighter can't really go unnoticed can they? Here?s what I know and what I think...

The UFC is trying to promote real heavy in the UK' date=' so what do they need? A show where the UK easily wins. Hence this seasons ultimate fighter, where the athletes are prepared and ready to take the US down. The US team is lacking in almost every way. The UK got the best guys they could find and gathered up some bottom line US fighters to guarantee the UK's wins. I think it's a lame way to do business, but I guess it's what is going to happen. Also... Michael Bisping as a coach??? Are you kidding me? Name one big name fighter he's gone against and won? The answer... NONE. Sure he's won fights, but against no name fighters. Now he's paired up with Dan Henderson... ok... not bad, but Dan is getting old and has lost a number of fights. It's kind of like fighting Ken Shamrock. Almost anyone can win against him now. He's getting old. Sleeping pills, my ****. He didn't show because he knew his fighter was going to lose. And the mouth piece comment. He was yelling at the ref to call the match. What a crap way to try to win a fight. I guess he will take a win anyway he can get it. Anyone remember the Hamill fight? I really hope USA pulls out more wins and I hope Dan puts a beating on Michael, but it's unlikely. They are going to say Dan is the favorite, but statistically I think it's just a way to make Michael look better than he really is. If he's that great he should be fighting A list fighters. The truth is, that won?t happen for a long time because again.... It's all about promoting in the UK. Canada is next and I?m guessing we are going to see the same thing all over again. So my predictions are UK will win and so will Bisping... How unfortunate.[/quote']

I stopped reading after 5-6 lines, the score is 3-2 to the UK, if they wanted all there own US guys to lose it would be 5-0, and please never compare Hendo to Ken Shamrock.

Bisping had every right to yell at the ref, as Dana white said himself, but wait hes only the president of the UFC so he must be wrong and your right.

ILL SAY IT AGAIN GUYS......SOME PEOPLE...

a well thought out and well presented first post i thought...................

:/

looking forward to bisping/hendo...may the best man win. :)

Well, the only thing I do agree from that massive wall of text is that this season is definitely lacking some talent...on the US side of course.

I stopped reading after 5-6 lines' date=' the score is 3-2 to the UK, if they wanted all there own US guys to lose it would be 5-0, and please never compare Hendo to Ken Shamrock.

Bisping had every right to yell at the ref, as Dana white said himself, but wait hes only the president of the UFC so he must be wrong and your right.

ILL SAY IT AGAIN GUYS......SOME PEOPLE...[/quote']

While I agree that he had a right to yell at the ref....to a certain extend. BUT, cursing him out was not necessary. Of course Dana can relate. Bisping was using his favorite word. lol

While I agree that he had a right to yell at the ref....to a certain extend. BUT' date=' cursing him out was not necessary. Of course Dana can relate. Bisping was using his favorite word. lol[/quote']

this tickled me a bit :)

The fact is that this is a TV s**w, it's a promotional tool. All the fighters have skill, and we all know no fight is a guaranteed win, anything can happen. Secondly, **w are they going to do this for Canada next? Canada already has a huge market for MMA and the UFC in particular, the events in Montreal are some of the most profitable the UFC has ever had (damn I'm all about Canada lately).

The fact is that this is a TV s**w' date=' it's a promotional tool. All the fighters have skill, and we all know no fight is a guaranteed win, anything can happen. Secondly, **w are they going to do this for Canada next? Canada already has a huge market for MMA and the UFC in particular, the events in Montreal are some of the most profitable the UFC has ever had (damn I'm all about Canada lately).[/quote']

Yeah, get off Canada's nuts bro :) j/k......you can keep swingin from them if ya like HAHA

I'm in Japan, have been for a few months, I guess not being in Canada makes me appreciate it that much more. Especially the price of weed, it's insanely expensive here!

I'm in Japan' date=' have been for a few months, I guess not being in Canada makes me appreciate it that much more. Especially the price of weed, it's insanely expensive here![/quote']

This is funny to me lol. You do realize your in one of the oldest countries on Earth. There is so much cool stuff to see and do in Japan I wouldn't even NEED weed. **t little chicks in sc**ol girl outfits, history-a-plenty, electronics mecca. T**ugh all of t**se would be fun high to I guess huh ? LOL

Maybe the US team arent lacking, but it has just looked that way because of the c**ice of fights from both sides. The UK have got a strong team but US still have given them a battle, so the US cant be that bad or badly matched up.

UK!

This is funny to me lol. You do realize your in one of the oldest countries on Earth. There is so much cool stuff to see and do in Japan I wouldn't even NEED weed. **t little chicks in sc**ol girl outfits' date=' history-a-plenty, electronics mecca. T**ugh all of t**se would be fun high to I guess huh ? LOL[/quote']

Yeah, I'd love to go to Japan :D

The UFC is trying to promote real heavy in the UK' date=' so what do they need? A s**w where the UK easily wins. Hence this seasons ultimate fighter, where the athletes are prepared and ready to take the US down. The US team is lacking in almost every way. The UK got the best guys they could find and gathered up some bottom line US fighters to guarantee the UK's wins. I think it's a lame way to do business, but I guess it's what is going to happen. Also... Michael Bisping as a coach??? Are you kidding me? Name one big name fighter he's gone against and won? The answer... NONE. Sure he's won fights, but against no name fighters. Now he's paired up with Dan Henderson... ok... not bad, but Dan is getting old and has lost a number of fights. It's kind of like fighting Ken Shamrock. Almost anyone can win against him now. He's getting old. Sleeping pills, my ****. He didn't s**w because he knew his fighter was going to lose. And the mouth piece comment. He was yelling at the ref to call the match. What a crap way to try to win a fight. I guess he will take a win anyway he can get it. Anyone remember the Hamill fight? I really **pe USA pulls out more wins and I **pe Dan puts a beating on Michael, but it's unlikely. They are going to say Dan is the favorite, but statistically I think it's just a way to make Michael look better than he really is. If he's that great he s**uld be fighting A list fighters. The truth is, that won?t happen for a long time because again.... It's all about promoting in the UK. Canada is next and I?m guessing we are going to see the same thing all over again. So my predictions are UK will win and so will Bisping... **w unfortunate.[/quote']

Idiot

The fact is that this is a TV s**w, it's a promotional tool. All the fighters have skill, and we all know no fight is a guaranteed win, anything can happen. Secondly, **w are they going to do this for Canada next? Canada already has a huge market for MMA and the UFC in particular, the events in Montreal are some of the most profitable the UFC has ever had (damn I'm all about Canada lately).[/QUOT

Canadian **** ! ! ! Go suck a poutine!!!

lol....

I really want to say something but cant b botherd to drag myself into another 1 of these stupid threads.

So you drag youself in the thread anyways and say this????? Nice work!!!

better late than never right? LOL

I'm not on here in the evenings or during weekends... Just when I s**uld be working....like right now!!

I'm not on here in the evenings or during weekends... Just when I s**uld be working....like right now!!

Yeah me too, its slow t**ugh so I can get away with it LOL

HAHA, that was my first post here. I guess I should have re read what I wrote because I didnt really mean to say Dan and Ken were anywhere near the same league. Ken is extremely washed up, but was great back in the day. I simply meant Dan was great in Pride and hasnt lived up to his reputation as much as I hoped he would. He is getting up there in age. That was the only point I was trying to make there. I still hope Dan beats Bispings **** and I'm sure he can do it. I just hope it turns out that way.

man i normally dont agree with threads like these but ive been thinkin the same thing. it looks as though they searched high and low for the toughest guys in the entire uk. and i was checking out the guys on the usa teams records.......disappointing. all of them are like 4-3 or 7-4. not saying that those fighters have no chance or that they arent talented, but come on.there are guys all over with 8-0 to 10-0 records. i dont even think you should qualify for the show if you have more then one pro loss.the show only has so many spots and they should be taken by the top tier talent. not the 3rd tier.

man i normally dont agree with threads like these but ive been thinkin the same thing. it looks as though they searched high and low for the toughest guys in the entire uk. and i was checking out the guys on the usa teams records.......disappointing. all of them are like 4-3 or 7-4. not saying that those fighters have no chance or that they arent talented' date=' but come on.there are guys all over with 8-0 to 10-0 records. i dont even think you should qualify for the show if you have more then one pro loss.the show only has so many spots and they should be taken by the top tier talent. not the 3rd tier.[/quote']

Some of the guys have no losses on the USA team, just for the record.

I would also like to point out that records dont prove anything, and usually people with no losses tend to fight weaker competition (aside from very few people of course). This is just inflating your record, but not actually doing anything.

A good example of INFLATION is Shane Carwin. He has finally defeated someone worth mentioning, but before that, it was a long list of cans in order to keep that perfect record.

A good example of a guy who has fought excellent competition and has a bad record, is Randy Couture. I personally dont believe all of Randys opponents were world class, but they were all at least decent pros, to world class pros.

I love that this still going

:)

good job

I laughed at this.

You too??

so did i

You guys fuc*kin suck!!! :)

Now I got a bunch of other people doing it so they can hop on the "cool bus" with the others on the forum!!

I Think The US team was horribly put together. I would have loved to see a Mexican American on the show. I would have liked to see a more diverse in races on the American team. Is it me or are team is mostly White. I would really like to see how they picked this American Team because this team lacks Talent and cultural diversity which in my opinion is what a American team should have alot of.