Sign in to follow this  
JujitsWho

Ross Pearson is one cool cat!!!

I was a big fan of Ross before I got a chance to talk to him. But after talking to him I have to say that Ross is just a very kool dude. I got reply from him on Myspace and he was very very cool. I'll be an even Bigger fan of the guy now than before because it really rare that you get a response from fighters and he took the time out of his day to say thanks and talk to a fan. That scores very big points with me and he's got a fan for life in me. I had him as my winner from the start and even if he doesn't win (which he will :)) I won't care.

Good luck Ross

What did ya message him regarding and what did he say? OMG. lol :D

I just messaged that I thought he was a good fighter and whatnot and he sent back a message that was saying thanx for the support and how much he appreciates the US fans and the UFC for giving him a shot and stuff like that......I know its probably stupid for you guys but I just thought it was really cool

I just messaged that I thought he was a good fighter and whatnot and he sent back a message that was saying thanx for the support and how much he appreciates the US fans and the UFC for giving him a shot and stuff like that......I know its probably stupid for you guys but I just thought it was really cool

Nah thats kool :P

99% of the time it is not the actual fighter answering his myspace messages.

LOL, just kidding, but there are some that have people run them for them.

I do not think people realize how easy it is to get in touch with some of these guys.

Yeah I believe MMA is the only sport where you can go into a gym with top fighters and train with them (as long as you have the money of course). I saw an interview with Wandy and he was promoting his new gym, and was basically welcoming anybody to come and train with him at his gym. MMA guys are some of the nicest in the world by far.

Ross pointon from season 3 is my local fighter I never saw him fight but am thinking of goin down to carry on learning kickboxing he has his own gym called the gladiator gym with a octagon an all that so shud b cool

Keep your panties on.. Jjw lol...........

Ross pointon from season 3 is my local fighter I never saw him fight but am thinking of goin down to carry on learning kickboxing he has his own gym called the gladiator gym with a octagon an all that so shud b cool

bring a camera and black sharpie so you can get pics and autographs. ha ha ha

LOL' date=' just kidding, but there are some that have people run them for them.

I do not think people realize how easy it is to get in touch with some of these guys.[/quote']

Yeah I know, but its not like he's a household name yet. Just the way he talked sounded genuine, but you could be right.

Yeah I believe MMA is the only sport where you can go into a gym with top fighters and train with them (as long as you have the money of course). I saw an interview with Wandy and he was promoting his new gym' date=' and was basically welcoming anybody to come and train with him at his gym. MMA guys are some of the nicest in the world by far.[/quote'] Yeah, I've never had the chance, I've never been to a UFC show, been to a lot of local stuff and my BJJ competitions but never really seen any big named fighters other than Joe Riggs who was cool. I had a chance to meet Royce Gracie when he came to the school, but I missed it.

Yeah I know' date=' but its not like he's a household name yet. Just the way he talked sounded genuine, but you could be right.[/quote']

It probably was him mate, there are quite a few famous people that do respond themselves to there fans, erm, Katy Perry is one american one, a couple of british ones are Lily Allen & Fearne Cotton, there are pobably alot more than people think, running there own myspaces/twitters/facebooks that you might be lucky to get replys from :)

It probably was him mate' date=' there are quite a few famous people that do respond themselves to there fans, erm, Katy Perry is one american one, a couple of british ones are Lily Allen & Fearne Cotton, there are pobably alot more than people think, running there own myspaces/twitters/facebooks that you might be lucky to get replys from :)[/quote']

Matt Serra is pretty good at writing back to people. He remembered me and talked back about something that happened that a secretary couldn't make up, so that really impressed me. Gave me alot more respect for him. I like him anyways, but that made me like him a hell of alot more.

Ross Pearson is a cool guy.. He is actually one of my favorites on the Britts side. I also did happen to see Ross's myspace and training videos on youtube. The guy is a animal, for real. He aint no joke!!

I cant wait to see him get back into the octagon..

Matt Serra is pretty good at writing back to people. He remembered me and talked back about something that happened that a secretary couldn't make up' date=' so that really impressed me. Gave me alot more respect for him. I like him anyways, but that made me like him a hell of alot more.[/quote']

Yeah, there are some good people out there, it's good for the sport when fighters take a bit of time out to read/reply to fan mail..

Regardless of whether the message is from the fighter or someone looking after his Myspace, I think it's very good form to interact with your fans. I have a couple of fighters as friends on Facebook and they keep in touch every now and then - one of them even commented on my photos, that was pretty cool.

Regardless of whether the message is from the fighter or someone looking after his Myspace' date=' I think it's very good form to interact with your fans. I have a couple of fighters as friends on Facebook and they keep in touch every now and then - one of them even commented on my photos, that was pretty cool.[/quote']

LOL, I was messing with Jits. At this point, I am sure it is Ross. I know fighters that take care of it themselves and others that do not.

Ross once again dominated that ring.. He doesn't even belong in that show man' date=' just give him a contract and throw him out with the Pros.[/quote']

To be honest, I thought Richie Whitson was the second best LW (him or Winner for a tie)... and after seeing that... I still think he is second best, but Ross was just that much better.

So...

Who do you think will be in the finals with Pearson?

To be honest' date=' I thought Richie Whitson was the second best LW (him or Winner for a tie)... and after seeing that... I still think he is second best, but Ross was just that much better.

So...

Who do you think will be in the finals with Pearson?[/quote']

Jason Dent >.>.

I am not sure that it matters who is in the finals with him. That is only the third fight of him that I have seen, and I think he is all around a great fighter. I think the UK may have a new MMA hero. Ross is all around a better fighter then Bisping I think.

I am not sure that it matters who is in the finals with him. That is only the third fight of him that I have seen' date=' and I think he is all around a great fighter. I think the UK may have a new MMA hero. Ross is all around a better fighter then Bisping I think.[/quote']

I watched tonight and he really didn't impress me, IMO Winner is better and if it comes to it will beat Pearson.

I watched tonight and he really didn't impress me' date=' IMO Winner is better and if it comes to it will beat Pearson.[/quote']

Really?? Well, time will tell, but that is the third fight of his I have seen. He is for real.

Really?? Well' date=' time will tell, but that is the third fight of his I have seen. He is for real.[/quote']

I just wasn't impressed with this fight, I haven't seen his others and hopefully they are better, if not IMO Winner will beat him.

I just wasn't impressed with this fight' date=' I haven't seen his others and hopefully they are better, if not IMO Winner will beat him.[/quote']

I thought he looked great against the only American that I thought had a chance. Ross is a beast bro.

I thought he looked great against the only American that I thought had a chance. Ross is a beast bro.

What a ****ing machine, just watched it, and I tell ya what, he can take a punch as well he did what BJ Penn said lol, got hit hard and still moved forward he walked through them, this guy could storm the UFC, future LW Champ?

If you can't tell im impressed :D

What a ****ing machine' date=' just watched it, and I tell ya what, he can take a punch as well he did what BJ Penn said lol, got hit hard and still moved forward he walked through them, this guy could storm the UFC, future LW Champ?

If you can't tell im impressed :D[/quote']

LOL, Not sure if I am ready to compare him to Penn. But yeah, the guy is one he!! of a fighter. I look forward to seeing more of him. And, I am sure we will.

To be honest' date=' I thought Richie Whitson was the second best LW (him or Winner for a tie)... and after seeing that... I still think he is second best, but Ross was just that much better.

So...

Who do you think will be in the finals with Pearson?[/quote']

I think his teammate Lawson is going to be in the final with Ross!

LOL' date=' Not sure if I am ready to compare him to Penn. But yeah, the guy is one he!! of a fighter. I look forward to seeing more of him. And, I am sure we will.[/quote']

Yeah, I wouldn't compare him yet, but I think he has the talent and age on his side to be LW champion at some stage in his UFC career.

LOL' date=' Not sure if I am ready to compare him to Penn. But yeah, the guy is one he!! of a fighter. I look forward to seeing more of him. And, I am sure we will.[/quote']

This is true.

Ross is bad ****, but he's not on BJs level.............yet!

I think his teammate Lawson is going to be in the final with Ross!

Lawson and Winner both have a chance I think but... Ross is more well rounded then both of them.

Lawson seems more of a ground fighter only to me then a stand up guy. Although his BJJ is EXCELLENT. I think Ross could prevent that fight from ever hitting the ground.

Winner I believe has the more technical Mauy Thai (I could very well be wrong about this though), but I could see him getting grounded and pounded. I dont think he has the power to stop Ross from constantly taking him down and grinding out a decision.

Lawson and Winner both have a chance I think but... Ross is more well rounded then both of them.

Lawson seems more of a ground fighter only to me then a stand up guy. Although his BJJ is EXCELLENT. I think Ross could prevent that fight from ever hitting the ground.

Winner I believe has the more technical Mauy Thai (I could very well be wrong about this though)' date=' but I could see him getting grounded and pounded. I dont think he has the power to stop Ross from constantly taking him down and grinding out a decision.[/quote']

I fully agree. I've said that I don't think ANYBODY is beating Ross!!

I just think Lawson is a solid fighter that a lot of people are overlooking. Winner is a stud too so IMO its between those 2 who loses to Ross in the Final LOL

I agree. Ross was landing strikes, took him down a few times and then submitted him. That's more than his coach has done in his last 3 fights

Alright we're all starting to sound like Ross ****s.

No you guys are STARTING to sound like that

I've BEEN on his nuts since the start along with a few others on this site LOL ;)

No you guys are STARTING to sound like that

I've BEEN on his nuts since the start along with a few others on this site LOL ;)

Did Ross accept your Facebook friend request yet? lol...

Seriously why whould you compare Pearson to BJ Penn?

Dont get me wrong, Ross is a bad ****!!

But BJ is a UFC Lightweight Legend..

Ross is a great up and coming type fighter..

He hasnt had any big wins over any big name fighters!

He still needs to be tested!

Seriously why whould you compare Pearson to BJ Penn?

Dont get me wrong' date=' Ross is a bad ****!!

But BJ is a UFC Lightweight Legend..

Ross is a great up and coming type fighter..

He hasnt had any big wins over any big name fighters!

He still needs to be tested![/quote']

Yes, we've all agreed that was a stupid comment I think!

Yes' date=' we've all agreed that was a stupid comment I think![/quote']

Plus the fact no one actually compared him to BJ Penn makes it even worse, I said he did what BJ said "It's how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward".

I think someone did comapair him to Penn in here somewhere(not you) I could be wrong but I could have sworen I saw it

Ah ok lol, I might have missed the post :<

LOL' date=' just kidding, but there are some that have people run them for them.

I do not think people realize how easy it is to get in touch with some of these guys.[/quote']

I got proof now LOL

Right on bro' date=' as you know, I was just messing with you. Ross seems like a great guy.[/quote']

Yeah I know you were

And ya Ross is the man, real down to earth. He's my second favorite fighter now!

Bj is still #1 ;) (sorry Ross haha)

Yeah I think ross has a good attitude and a good head on his shoulders' date=' I like the guy. I would like to see him in the finals. "who wrote on me boots?" HAHA LOL[/quote']

Yeah, but he didn't give them much of a reaction. All business. Some of these US guys should take notes.

Yeah I think ross has a good attitude and a good head on his shoulders' date=' I like the guy. I would like to see him in the finals. "who wrote on me boots?" HAHA LOL[/quote']

Yeah, that was messed up! LOL I wish he would have found out who it was and pounded on him

It was Demarques wasn't it? I forget