Sign in to follow this  
BISPING4EVA

Tea and crumpets mmmmmmmm

I see alot of the team usa slagging off the brits because we drink tea and eat crumpets. Well well well looks like eating crumpets and drinking tea to the brits is like spinach to popeye because i think it has something to do with team usa ending up on the floor nearly every fight.

I see alot of the team usa slagging off the brits because we drink tea and eat crumpets. Well well well looks like eating crumpets and drinking tea to the brits is like spinach to popeye because i think it has something to do with team usa ending up on the floor nearly every fight.

Blah Blah Blah...throw those Brit in with real UFC fighters from the U.S. and its a different story. Some of these guys are decent, but by far no even close to our best. But I am not getting that old story going again.

By "nearly every fight" do you mean half the time? it's 4-2 now isn't it?

You're talking like you got this whole TUF won already. I can see it's this same logic your using to think Bisbing is gonna beat Hendo and that Bisbing is some kind of threat in the division. lol........... give your head a shake mate...

That would be 2/3's :D

I do not think your math is any better.

2 out of three would be winning two out of every three fights which they have not.

Blah Blah Blah...throw those Brit in with real UFC fighters from the U.S. and its a different story. Some of these guys are decent' date=' but by far no even close to our best. But I am not getting that old story going again.[/quote']

its funny you say that because i know a lot of pro fighters and the guys we have on team UK arent the best fighters the UK has to offer, yes they are good, but they are certainly not the best, and the UK are beating team USA because we have a much better attitude and are more willing to work hard, and you americans can drop the tea and crumpet joke its so old, get a new one liner,

its funny you say that because i know a lot of pro fighters and the guys we have on team UK arent the best fighters the UK has to offer' date=' yes they are good, but they are certainly not the best, and the UK are beating team USA because we have a much better attitude and are more willing to work hard, and you americans can drop the tea and crumpet joke its so old, get a new one liner,[/quote']

Hey man, it is a UK guy that started this thread, not an American.

And, I bet you are wrong about the best the UK has to offer. Bisping is supposed to be one of those, and I think Ross will be a much bigger star.

Blah Blah Blah...throw those Brit in with real UFC fighters from the U.S. and its a different story. Some of these guys are decent' date=' but by far no even close to our best. But I am not getting that old story going again.[/quote']

Whose ur best?

Whose ur best?

I can pick at least 3 or 4 guys that dont have belts in each weight class that would destroy any of ur brits....heck proll even guys that arent top contenders.

not talking all brits...just the ones on this show

Alot of people seem to think Bisping is the best UK has to offer and that is what is really sad... they had to have judges payed off for him win his first fight... and whats worse is even the brits booed him for thinking he actually won that fight.... Bisping is a gatekeeper at best... he will never fight for a title

Whose ur best?

Well, let's look at it this way. This is basically the UK's first season on TUF, as a team that is.

Look at the US's first. Now, different weight classes, I know, but a lot of those guys have switched anyway.

Diego

Kos

Swick

K Flo

Leben

Griffin

Nate

These are the guys that have found some success in the UFC.

I think they would do pretty well against either team on TUF today.

Alot of people seem to think Bisping is the best UK has to offer and that is what is really sad... they had to have judges payed off for him win his first fight... and whats worse is even the brits booed him for thinking he actually won that fight.... Bisping is a gatekeeper at best... he will never fight for a title

What u dont understand is that the uk is just seriously taking part in mma and ufc so the first name we come across is bisping. Now i dont know about the americans or any other country for that fact but we like to stand behind our own. For example ricky hatton in the boxing world took thousands to vegas with him and win or lose we will stand behind him as we are a small country with a lot to offer and any sport the uk takes part we seem to do very well in as we have a strong support. Hence america is the biggest country in the world so u are gonna get alot of fighters who are good so ur have gonna get alot of choice in who fights where as smaller countrys just go with what they got.

The US is not the biggest Country in the world. We are not the second biggest Country in the world.

1. Russia

2. Canada

3. US

The US is not the biggest Country in the world. We are not the second biggest Country in the world.

1. Russia

2. Canada

3. US

I dont really class canada as another country i just class them as cold americans lol.

I dont really class canada as another country i just class them as cold americans lol.

Uh oh.............there are some Canadians on here that will take exception to this.

One of them I know for sure HATES everything about the US.

Uh oh.............there are some Canadians on here that will take exception to this.

One of them I know for sure HATES everything about the US.

Not that i really care but in all serious the us still has alot more fighters to choice from than the uk

Not that i really care but in all serious the us still has alot more fighters to choice from than the uk

With out a doubt. But I have to agree that the guys on the US team this season are not the best we have. I have seen better at local shows.

AGREED. I dont know whats up with that? Was it the production of the show that had them pick not-as-good fighters for the US? Or was it the luck of the draw? that they looked over the real talent in the US... Who knows. I'd like to think that ZUFFA or whoever produces it was like "hmm, maybe if we made the US guys seem awful, we'll get more people watching in the states.."

As usual . Yank arrogance! we are quite new to the sport so you should beat us.Its like you sending your rugby team over here, they would play well but not win.

Just see it for what it is and thats the uk,s guys gaining experience.

This is my first time posting on this forum, so hopefully, I don't offend anyone unnecessarily.

I think that this is one of the weakest TUF classes in the series history. There is no one on Team US that I think is the next "face of the UFC". I'm pretty sure that the UK is going to win the show.

And like the original poster said, the UK is just now getting into MMA. They are probably a good 10 years behind the US as far as MMA goes.

Ross Pearson, Dave Faulkner and Martin Stapleton (despite his loss to Cameron Dollar) all seem to be legit fighters for Team UK.

Cameron Dollar, Demarques Johnson and Mark Miller (despite his loss to Nick O.) all seem to be legit fighters for Team US.

Obviously, one fighter from each team out of the six fighters I listed are eliminated. Out of the 4 that remain, I would say that Team UK has the advantage. (I know there's 10 total fighters remaining)

What I say could be wrong. It's just my opinion but I think Team UK has the better fighters this season. Team US just doesn't impress me for some reason.

1. Russia

2. Canada

3. US

thank you!!

I don't even know why the UK and US have to mock each other anyhow. I think the Brits are our best allies. We should all mock Canada together. (kidding)

As usual . Yank arrogance! we are quite new to the sport so you should beat us.Its like you sending your rugby team over here' date=' they would play well but not win.

Just see it for what it is and thats the uk,s guys gaining experience.[/quote']

See, why are you acting like this?

"Yank arrogance?"

Well, I know nothing bout you, but this post stinks of ignorant racism.

Thanks for the comment! sense at last.

"I think that this is one of the weakest TUF classes in the series history"

But I guess an argument could be made that team UK has the better of the weakest fighters.

See' date=' why are you acting like this?

"Yank arrogance?"

Well, I know nothing bout you, but this post stinks of ignorant racism.[/quote']

You think your all high and mighty there G-row cause your a american!!! Bisbing is the king and should be considered in the UFC HOF (yesterday) and the next queen of England. He's gonna beat hendo even though he should get a shot at the title. He's the best coach ever on the TUF and the best looking one (as per Bisbing4EVA) and he out striked and out wrestled Hammil so live with it. OHHHH got to go my tea is getting cold gotta go!!!!!!

You think your all high and mighty there G-row cause your a american!!! Bisbing is the king and should be considered in the UFC HOF (yesterday) and the next queen of England. He's gonna beat hendo even though he should get a shot at the title. He's the best coach ever on the TUF and the best looking one (as per Bisbing4EVA) and he out striked and out wrestled Hammil so live with it. OHHHH got to go my tea is getting cold gotta go!!!!!!

I bow down to you.

F@K'N canadians are arragent' date=' know it all, trouble making **** holes. I hate those F@k-ers too...... Makes me sick......[/quote']

While I know you are kidding, please calm it down.

I do not see that going well with a glass of tea though. Milk maybe.

Nah, its a totally different consistency to a muffin. And it's not like they necessarily go hand in hand. In a way it's just like some ppl putting aussies and bbq's together, cos tea and crumpets are both very british.

In all fairness though, if I'm having crumpets for breakfast I'll definitely have with a cup of tea, but thats cos tea is a breakfast staple when you dont drink coffee.

ps: like for example, you would use a muffin like a sandwich - think mcdonalds breakfast, but you wouldnt do that with 2 crumpets. You pretty much only put stuff on top. Butter, jam, cheese etc. (or mayonaise if your dutch!)