Sign in to follow this  
PakaL

DiaZ vs SmitH

This is going to be a WAR 2 of my favz about 2 go @ it june 6.

I dont know if i can call this 1 it is gunnuh be up in the air!

However he chooses? :D thats funny.

If Diaz tries to stand with Smith his is gonna get KTFO.

doubt it.... Diaz has good unorthodox standup and has a long reach... he wins this fight

doubt it.... Diaz has good unorthodox standup and has a long reach... he wins this fight

Is this serious?

I can't tell if you are joking or not.

You do realize that Nick Diaz has less power then a 7 year old girl.

Is this serious?

standup is not all about power and he does have KO power

standup is not all about power and he does have KO power

His power is very low and does not compare at all to Smiths. and Smith has pretty good standup, if Diaz tries to stand with Smith he is going to lose, not to mention Diaz cuts open easily.

His power is very lower and does not compare at all to Smiths. and Smith has pretty good standup' date=' if Diaz tries to stand with Smith he is going to lose, not to mention Diaz cuts open easily.[/quote']

7 year old even lmao good 1 i laughed @ that.But if diaz stands with smith things as stated above will happin.

His power is very low and does not compare at all to Smiths. and Smith has pretty good standup' date=' if Diaz tries to stand with Smith he is going to lose, not to mention Diaz cuts open easily.[/quote']

start thinking of excuses now. you're gonna need em.

I would actually advise that to you.

the Diaz cutting issues were fixed and Diaz will beat Smith and my bet is on a TKO victory

The cut issue is 1 of the reasons i lean towards smith on this 1.If diaz has no cutz he gets win hands down!

Whether he gets cut or not' date=' his standup still does not compare to Smiths.[/quote']

i'll make a sig bet with you that Diaz wins the fight if you are so confidnent

i'll make a sig bet with you that Diaz wins the fight if you are so confidnent

I didn't say Diaz won't win the fight. I said Diaz will not beat him standing, and will not KO him.

If I were in Nick Diaz's corner or training him I would basically spend his entire camp on takedowns and BJJ..

There is no point of standing with Smith when he has one punch KO power, and Diaz does not have an amazing chin. Diaz could easily win this fight if he fights smart, or easily lose this fight if Smith is still the same fighter that I remember... and Diaz stands with him

I'm looking forward to this, it's one of my favourite kind of fights because you know the KO could come at any moment.

Having said that, I actually think Diaz has a better chin than a lot of Smith's prior KO's! Diaz is also such a ballsy fighter, he will probably try and stand up with Smith a bit because he can. He is the better rounded fighter and if he sticks to a game plan, he'll win by submission.

I'm looking forward to this' date=' it's one of my favourite kind of fights because you know the KO could come at any moment.

Having said that, I actually think Diaz has a better chin than a lot of Smith's prior KO's! Diaz is also such a ballsy fighter, he will probably try and stand up with Smith a bit because he can. He is the better rounded fighter and if he sticks to a game plan, he'll win by submission.[/quote']

Scott Smith has a lot of power and Diaz has been rocked before. Smith has plenty of power to put Diaz out but I would not say the same like wise. If Diaz stands and bangs he is going to get dropped, if he stands and jabs and stays back then he will have a better chance of winning a decision, if he takes the fight to the ground then he will have a good chance of winning by submission.

my biggest concern with diaz trading shots with smith is that diaz is usually ****y and doesn't move his head often and reacts slowly. he tries to diss other fighters like 'hit me, hit me', but id on't think he'll make an easy target for this fight. if he's hard to hit, i can see him landing shots and making it akward for smith. we'll see, fights only 2 weels away. i'm liking strikeforce right now, thats for sure...

easy win for diaz. however he chooses.

However he chooses? :D thats funny.

If Diaz tries to stand with Smith his is gonna get KTFO.

Is this serious?

His power is very low and does not compare at all to Smiths. and Smith has pretty good standup' date=' if Diaz tries to stand with Smith he is going to lose, not to mention Diaz cuts open easily.[/quote']

start thinking of excuses now. you're gonna need em.

Whether he gets cut or not' date=' his standup still does not compare to Smiths.[/quote']

alright homey. what are your excuses now?? don't hide. i've had you on my short list, let's go...

It was most definitely dangerous for Diaz to stand though. He was caught with a couple decent punches and started back tracking in one of the rounds, but used his superior boxing to take the W. I still say he should have just made it an easy W by taking him to the ground... but NO...

I saw a few openings on diaz but overall he dominated smith.With diaz for me it is luv N h8 @ the sametime.He is skilled but 2 kawkee and if he leaves his boble head up n the air like that 4 ever he will get a KO from hell.1 that makes your button easier than a h.o.o.ker

Who ever said they want to see Anderson vs Nate is definitely a wishful thinker.

Imagine Nate against, Hendo, Bisping, Maia, Leites, Marquardt, Okami, Cote... now think Spidey... isnt that scary!?

Who ever said they want to see Anderson vs Nate is definitely a wishful thinker.

Imagine Nate against' date=' Hendo, Bisping, Maia, Leites, Marquardt, Okami, Cote... now think Spidey... isnt that scary!?[/quote']

Nick would have a prob going threw those names...

Nick would have a prob going threw those names...

LMAO. I think that is an understatement personally... I do agree though.

Having "problems" with a fighter is like GSP against Fitch and Alves (they bring unique problems to the fight). Diaz would have no answer for bigger, stronger, more athletic and more technical fighters.

What would Nick do in the stand up department against Anderson Silva? Nothing. There is really nothing he can do. His ground game is not near the level of Thales Leites, so I dont see how that would work. Diaz also has weak wrestling, so the fight may never get to the ground, and even if it did, Spidey is competent on the ground.

As far as the rest of the names I mentioned, they all have a HUGE advantage against him... HUGEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in both technique and strength/size.

If I were in Nick Diaz's corner or training him I would basically spend his entire camp on takedowns and BJJ..

There is no point of standing with Smith when he has one punch KO power' date=' and Diaz does not have an amazing chin. Diaz could easily win this fight if he fights smart, or easily lose this fight if Smith is still the same fighter that I remember... and Diaz stands with him[/quote']

i am also point out here that you were so damn wrong you look silly.... he did what you said would cost him and he still beat Smith easily

LMAO. I think that is an understatement personally... I do agree though.

Having "problems" with a fighter is like GSP against Fitch and Alves (they bring unique problems to the fight). Diaz would have no answer for bigger' date=' stronger, more athletic and more technical fighters.

What would Nick do in the stand up department against Anderson Silva? Nothing. There is really nothing he can do. His ground game is not near the level of Thales Leites, so I dont see how that would work. Diaz also has weak wrestling, so the fight may never get to the ground, and even if it did, Spidey is competent on the ground.

As far as the rest of the names I mentioned, they all have a HUGE advantage against him... HUGEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in both technique and strength/size.[/quote']

your track record as of late suck more then a streetwalker with a 20... anyone you don't like you claim is overrated and all round suck a goat testicle... but yet the poo gets flung back in your face contantly... Nick Diaz is a top 10 WW and MW which ever he wants to fight at that night... and honestly hes one of the best BJJ guys out there in MMA at the moment... just because you don't like the guy does not change that

i would bet money on Nick VS Kos Fitch Alves or pretty much any WW but GSP

your track record as of late suck more then a streetwalker with a 20... anyone you don't like you claim is overrated and all round suck a goat testicle... but yet the poo gets flung back in your face contantly... Nick Diaz is a top 10 WW and MW which ever he wants to fight at that night... and honestly hes one of the best BJJ guys out there in MMA at the moment... just because you don't like the guy does not change that

i would bet money on Nick VS Kos Fitch Alves or pretty much any WW but GSP

I never once said I dislike someone, and I never once said I dislike Nick Diaz. Nick is a decent fighter, and definitely is a good draw. There are a lot of positives about Nick as well.

You betting money on guys who can take Nick down and GNP him silly is dangerous betting IMO. Nick may have good submissions, but Fitch, Alves and Kos are hard guys to tap. Not to mention Alves has instant KO power, and has a pretty technical MT game.

Now you are considering Nick Diaz a top ten MW when he has beaten...... Smith... and... Frank Shamrock... wow. Do you HONESTLY believe Nick Diaz could rape any of the names I mentioned? I would put money on it right now that Maia could tap him.. and I am not even kidding about that at all.

You are most definitely overestimating the skillset of Diaz.

Also, please stop assuming everything.

I never once said I dislike someone' date=' and I never once said I dislike Nick Diaz. Nick is a decent fighter, and definitely is a good draw. There are a lot of positives about Nick as well.

You betting money on guys who can take Nick down and GNP him silly is dangerous betting IMO. Nick may have good submissions, but Fitch, Alves and Kos are hard guys to tap. Not to mention Alves has instant KO power, and has a pretty technical MT game.

Now you are considering Nick Diaz a top ten MW when he has beaten...... Smith... and... Frank Shamrock... wow. Do you HONESTLY believe Nick Diaz could rape any of the names I mentioned? I would put money on it right now that Maia could tap him.. and I am not even kidding about that at all.

You are most definitely overestimating the skillset of Diaz.

Also, please stop assuming everything.[/quote']

hes also beat a lot of other guys as well... Scott Smith was on his way to a title shot at MW for strikeforce if he beat Diaz... and Diaz did not just get a win over Smith and Shamrock he made them look like punching bags