Sign in to follow this  
PakaL

Hendo is so annoying.

I don't know why people think Dan Henderson is mentally slow? Just because he considers what he is going to say before he shoots his mouth off, look at the episode of TUF where Bisbing squirted water in that guys face because he is so reactive, only finding out it was the wrong guy, it made him look like a complete idiot.

I think Henderson is a person who has some decentcy and class, he has been around for a long time, being laid back is his style, I remember seeing a interview before he fought Silva in Pride for the belt, he was just as calm and relaxed as could be and he knocked silva out cold. I hope he kicks the arrogance right out of Bisbing.

Like who has Bisbing fought besides Chris Leban, who is a real threat? Practically no one at all, and he didn't even knock Leban out at that.

I don't know why people think Dan Henderson is mentally slow? Just because he considers what he is going to say before he shoots his mouth off' date=' look at the episode of TUF where Bisbing squirted water in that guys face because he is so reactive, only finding out it was the wrong guy, it made him look like a complete idiot.

I think Henderson is a person who has some decentcy and class, he has been around for a long time, being laid back is his style, I remember seeing a interview before he fought Silva in Pride for the belt, he was just as calm and relaxed as could be and he knocked silva out cold. I hope he kicks the arrogance right out of Bisbing.

Like who has Bisbing fought besides Chris Leban, who is a real threat? Practically no one at all, and he didn't even knock Leban out at that.[/quote']

I totally agree, Dan is cool as Hell!! He just doesn't translate well to TV. But as far as a coach, I would MUCH rather be in his team than Bisping.

Oh, and Bisping has fought Rashad Evans as well.

Personally, as far as coaching goes, I would want both Dan and Bisping. Bisping has more technical kickboxing skills, which would help a lot, but Dan has excellent wrestling, which is not something you should pass up either.

They both have important skills they could teach you... Dan is more one dimensional as a fighter. That dimension is by far (IMO) the most important skill in MMA, where as Bisping has the other two skills that you need.

As far as which one is cooler, I think Hendo is funny to laugh at and kid with. Bisping is the guy I would call up if I wanted to go around town picking fights, pissing people off, and egging houses on Halloween!

I totally agree' date=' Dan is cool as Hell!! He just doesn't translate well to TV. But as far as a coach, I would MUCH rather be in his team than Bisping.

Oh, and Bisping has fought Rashad Evans as well.[/quote']

Cool as the other side of the pillow. . . . I heard that from a crackhead the other night, found it fitting.

Bisping is the guy I would call up if I wanted to go around town picking fights' date=' pissing people off, and egging houses on Halloween![/quote']

Lol. True that.

I don't know why people think Dan Henderson is mentally slow? Just because he considers what he is going to say before he shoots his mouth off' date=' look at the episode of TUF where Bisbing squirted water in that guys face because he is so reactive, only finding out it was the wrong guy, it made him look like a complete idiot.

Like who has Bisbing fought besides Chris Leban, who is a real threat? Practically no one at all, and he didn't even knock Leban out at that.[/quote']

I think the original point of this thread was not to say anything bad about Hendo as a fighter, coach, or person, just that he has no "tv charisma", if thats the right way of putting it.

The point is that although most of us here would be happy if the show was only training and fighting, at the end of the day it is a reality tv show, and has the purpose (and success) of introducing MMA to the masses, with casual and new fans expanding all the time. By using a reality tv show for this purpose, you need some non-fight based entertainment aswell. Thats why the tito-shamrock, and hughes-serra series were really popular.

And the point is, that from a reality tv show pespective (ie for either non-fight fans, casuals, or new comers for example) Hendo offers nothing. Not a slate on him, just the reality of it. Pardoning the pun there.

See, A lot of people are victims of the edit monsters.

Bisping's coaching of Winner appeared to be "uh...ok who are you fighting?"

Dan and his coaches seem to be doing a much better job then Bisping. Period.

See' date=' A lot of people are victims of the edit monsters.

Bisping's coaching of Winner appeared to be "uh...ok who are you fighting?"

Dan and his coaches seem to be doing a much better job then Bisping. Period.[/quote']

As of late yes.He has stepD up more than just a little bit or the camera is on usa more.Either way he has been on top of things.

They are on the show to teach ..not disrespect the professon.We are talking about young fighters who have a chance of a lifetime to prove what they can do.Hendo is a class act and has done everything there is in mma,and want his fighters to have the same chance that he has had.Hendo has mma respect from fighters and fans.Bisbing on the other hand does not,so he has to get it a different way so I think thats why Bispng acts they way he does.At least for me...Bisping isnt on the show for the fighters,he is on the show for him....maybe Im wrong but that is the way it seems to me.

They are on the show to teach ..not disrespect the professon.We are talking about young fighters who have a chance of a lifetime to prove what they can do.Hendo is a class act and has done everything there is in mma' date='and want his fighters to have the same chance that he has had.Hendo has mma respect from fighters and fans.Bisbing on the other hand does not,so he has to get it a different way so I think thats why Bispng acts they way he does.At least for me...Bisping isnt on the show for the fighters,he is on the show for him....maybe Im wrong but that is the way it seems to me.[/quote']

I actually agree with you here regarding Mike. I mean what was it he said after Ross made it an all UK final? Something like "I'm really proud of myself" or something like that?

But still, like I said before, if the show was only for fight fans, then your romantic notion above would be fine (I've also said many times before that I think the same professionally of Hendo so I'm not disagreeing with what you say about him), but one of the points in the show is to bring it to new fans, which is why characters -love em or hate em - like Bisping, Browning, Serra, Rampage, Rashad, Kimbo, are needed on there. May be sad to purists that whatch the show, but as Ol Blue Eyes said, thats life.

I actually agree with you here regarding Mike. I mean what was it he said after Ross made it an all UK final? Something like "I'm really proud of myself" or something like that?

That comment hit me funny too. What an arrogant jerk! It was Ross's moment not Bisping's. I can't wait till Hendo cleans his clock.

But still' date=' like I said before, if the show was only for fight fans, then your romantic notion above would be fine (I've also said many times before that I think the same professionally of Hendo so I'm not disagreeing with what you say about him), but one of the points in the show is to bring it to new fans, which is why characters -love em or hate em - like Bisping, Browning, Serra, Rampage, Rashad, Kimbo, are needed on there. May be sad to purists that whatch the show, but as Ol Blue Eyes said, thats life.[/quote']

Tuf is for the fighters and it is televised for the fans.I said the show was all bout the fighters....the reason there on the show is to show what they can do...and every week it seems that Bisping thinks its all bout him...he needs to grow up and start teaching instead of complaining.What now...is Bisping going to walk around with a big hand on a stick so he can pat himself on the back ...because sometimes I think he has it in his mind that the UK was strong because of Bisbing...which is not the case...they were strong before Bisbing started training them,and u cant say the same for the US team.They were not as strong as the UK in the beginning,but the more the show went on the more they progressed,so it seems to me Hendo is the better coach even thought Bisping has more of his guys in the finals.

Bisping will not underestimate Hendos ground game. Hendo is a beast on the ground and the whole world and its mother knows this. Bisping may get taken down, but that will be because it was out of his control to prevent Hendo's nearly imposssible to stop takedowns.

If Bisping gets surprised anywheres it will be the stand up, but I do not see that happening.

Someone else said it earlier the only thing annoying about Hendo is he's boring!

At least bisping is doing his bit to spice things up even if in his own words he looks like a **** at times lol.

I've not seen much of Hendo fighting tbh but he a greco man so will be good in the clinch aswell as on the ground.

Ah the good ol days of Randy, Lindland, Tanner. Clinch with the dirty boxing :D

Someone else said it earlier the only thing annoying about Hendo is he's boring!

At least bisping is doing his bit to spice things up even if in his own words he looks like a **** at times lol.

being stupid does not equal entertaining... and going your job does not make you boring... unless your an idiot, which you prolly are

Tuf is for the fighters and it is televised for the fans.I said the show was all bout the fighters....the reason there on the show is to show what they can do...and every week it seems that Bisping thinks its all bout him...he needs to grow up and start teaching instead of complaining.What now...is Bisping going to walk around with a big hand on a stick so he can pat himself on the back ...because sometimes I think he has it in his mind that the UK was strong because of Bisbing...which is not the case...they were strong before Bisbing started training them' date='and u cant say the same for the US team.They were not as strong as the UK in the beginning,but the more the show went on the more they progressed,so it seems to me Hendo is the better coach even thought Bisping has more of his guys in the finals.[/quote']

Wow, it amazes me that you actually believe that the show is primarily for the fighters! Next thing you'll be saying that simon cowell does American Idol out of the goodness of his soul to give young Americans a chance!

A reality tv show, in this case TUF, is and always will primarily be a business tool aimed at increasing viewing figures and making more money. That's just capitalism 1-0-1, to slightly steal an American-ism.

Like them or hate them, the guys I mentioned get the extra ratings that make the business model work. Hardworking, quiet guys, like hendo just don't. It may be a sad indictment on life, but it's true in all areas.

I find Henderson to be a little dry' date=' and well, almost out of his prime. (Without doing my homework) He doesn't show that he is eager for Team USA to win, and doesn't really know how to pull them together, and simply lectures them. His details he gives during warm ups, pre fight, is limited and it's not productive, the fighters are thinking: "Tell me something I don't know" Henderson does not have teaching skills, just **** kicking skills, sort of like the dumb jock in school. It's easier to for Dan to show them, then to tell them probably.

He's trying to give them a mentality to win, but you can't do that by sitting on a leather couch next to them and say it, you've got to drive it into their skull, give them a quick swift kick in the ****, and start training them, not just conditioning. That's why I prefer Bisping, he's more involved and shows that he wants his team to win, and I seriously can't wait for Michael to show up Dan in their fight. Bisping is a smart fighter, (Refer to: Bisping/Leban) and I have a lot of respect for him, as well as Dan, except that Bisping is going to pull one over on Henderson.[/quote']

Bisping is more involved???- tell that to Mr. T. (sorry, nice bloke but I can't remember his name) He cared so much for his match that he couldn't even be bothered to show up? Then he shows up after the U.S. TRYOUTS (passport issues). The " COUNT"-(Did he steel that from Sesame Street or the cereal?) is involved , SELF INVOLVED. Hendo is laid back because he knows what he is doing as far as running a camp. He didn't watch videos of Jens Pulver hitting a tractor tire with a sledgehammer and say " that looks good, lets give it a try"- (cost 1 mat/ 1 fighters leg, which got infected) which, btw he blamed zuffa who was filming it for not stopping him. When he's rah rahing for the brits ( who I like for the most part) thats ok. When the us does "TEAM U.S.A." he gets all cranky. We've seen on almost every season one coach start to geek up on the other coach, getting ready for the end of the show match, but Bis doesn't want Hendo... he goes after the best u.s. fighter, trying to mess with his head. Bisping could very well win, because he is ruthless and very opportunistic, and I think the matchup was made to give him a push so that the ufc Europe could blow up, ( the fight in was between Hendo & Franklin , who are both well seasoned at this point). But I am hoping that Hendo just walks in and introduces the count to the American badazz. thats just my opinion.

Bisping did let his team down not turning up for that fight. He admits it. Does Hendo admit not being a decent coach?

Take the money and roll with it just like the rest of the US team. Exactly how much has US arrogance and ignorance cost the US people over the years? Havent you got it yet?

Mind you, the UK is no better. We think we got a good football team (and by that I mean what the rest of the world call football, not padded bra and shoulder pads rugby).

Step off a bit, eat some apple (humble) pie, and stop whinging like school kids. You aint the best at everything because you think its your right. If you listen and watch others, you might actually learn something.

Think its called humility. Look it up on that famous English invention (the Internet).

Limeys rule! Haha!

Humility... Oh yeah that was taught to the British several times ( look at next months calendar). BTW...I never said that the U.S. is the best. Bisping admitted he was wrong...but it was jetlag. Its a good thing you mention SOCCER ( I know for you brits that is harder to remember than , kick the ball with foot...foot-ball). Just like in Soccer, the brits will undeniably come in 2nd to BRAZIL!!!

Humility... Oh yeah that was taught to the British several times ( look at next months calendar). BTW...I never said that the U.S. is the best. Bisping admitted he was wrong...but it was jetlag. Its a good thing you mention SOCCER ( I know for you brits that is harder to remember than ' date=' kick the ball with foot...foot-ball). Just like in Soccer, the brits will undeniably come in 2nd to BRAZIL!!![/quote']

Ashamedly, I have to agree!

Wow' date=' it amazes me that you actually believe that the show is primarily for the fighters! Next thing you'll be saying that simon cowell does American Idol out of the goodness of his soul to give young Americans a chance!

A reality tv show, in this case TUF, is and always will primarily be a business tool aimed at increasing viewing figures and making more money. That's just capitalism 1-0-1, to slightly steal an American-ism.

Like them or hate them, the guys I mentioned get the extra ratings that make the business model work. Hardworking, quiet guys, like hendo just don't. It may be a sad indictment on life, but it's true in all areas.[/quote']

Are you getting a six figure contract,or the chance to fight in UFC ...nope so it is for fighters...and i never said that it was for fighters only...what do you think that if nobody watched the show they would stop having these kind of tournaments...it is primarely for fighters,UFC and mma camps..UFC would still be popular without the show..so it brings in new fans...I get that..but so does UFC Unleashed.Just an example .... for you to think that Bisbing brings in new fans more than Hendo...you are crazy.Hendo has fought in more wars and has more was to win than Bisbing.Oh yeah and Bisping missing fights..and his guy loses..that real classy move there.Real MMA fans dont want to see Bisbing or any other fighter just act that way on the show...MMA fans like great fights...no matter who fights.The show gives a fighter a chance to get to the big show,or get into good camps where they can progress their professon.Watching the show is a bonus and a great marketing scheme.There is 2 ways to look at this but only one makes sense...without fighters you have no show..and without the show...you still have fans.Its just an opinion..and you cant tell me i'm wrong....no matter what you think.

Are you getting a six figure contract' date='or the chance to fight in UFC ...nope so it is for fighters...and i never said that it was for fighters only...what do you think that if nobody watched the show they would stop having these kind of tournaments...it is primarely for fighters,UFC and mma camps..UFC would still be popular without the show..so it brings in new fans...I get that..but so does UFC Unleashed.Just an example .... for you to think that Bisbing brings in new fans more than Hendo...you are crazy.Hendo has fought in more wars and has more was to win than Bisbing.Oh yeah and Bisping missing fights..and his guy loses..that real classy move there.Real MMA fans dont want to see Bisbing or any other fighter just act that way on the show...MMA fans like great fights...no matter who fights.The show gives a fighter a chance to get to the big show,or get into good camps where they can progress their professon.Watching the show is a bonus and a great marketing scheme.There is 2 ways to look at this but only one makes sense...without fighters you have no show..and without the show...you still have fans.Its just an opinion..and you cant tell me i'm wrong....no matter what you think.[/quote']

You want to carry on believing that, then no worries. Alot of what you've said in here hasn't really got anything to do with what I was saying, but I'm too tired to bother arguing about it, so have a good one mate.

I really like Hendo and hope he wins, the only thing that bothers me is his conditioning. I could be wrong, but it seemed everytime they showed a US team practice, Hendo was sitting down leaning against the wall. I may not care for Bisbings attitute of antics, but if Hendo does not take this as seriously as Bisbing is, he will lose. Did I mention I REALLY want hendo to win? But I REALLY wanted Davis to win to and you see how that turned out lol.

I really like Hendo and hope he wins' date=' the only thing that bothers me is his conditioning. I could be wrong, but it seemed everytime they showed a US team practice, Hendo was sitting down leaning against the wall. I may not care for Bisbings attitute of antics, but if Hendo does not take this as seriously as Bisbing is, he will lose. Did I mention I REALLY want hendo to win? But I REALLY wanted Davis to win to and you see how that turned out lol.[/quote']

thats because Hendo watches what everyone is doing so he can show them where to improve rather then working with one guy and ignoring everyone else like Bisping does

Hendo coaches his team Bisping only cares about who is fighting next

Yeah... you can tell that Bisping only ever works with the guy from fighting because it shows that on TV..

and you can tell that Hendo doesnt coach most of the time, he just stands there and looks around... because it shows that on TV...

It was never edited at all, its the raw footage.

Yeah... you can tell that Bisping only ever works with the guy from fighting because it shows that on TV..

and you can tell that Hendo doesnt coach most of the time' date=' he just stands there and looks around... because it shows that on TV...

It was never edited at all, its the raw footage.[/quote']

AND............its on TV, so it must be the way it is.

I am so annoyed with hollywood hogan whoopz henderson he has yet to whoop bisping ...The longer i wait the more annoyed i get.

don't see how anyone can find henderson annoying, he's a good fighter and he's not a loudmouth like bisping, bisping is the definition of annoying; i see him winning though by decision.

don't see how anyone can find henderson annoying' date=' he's a good fighter and he's not a loudmouth like bisping, bisping is the definition of annoying; i see him winning though by decision.[/quote']

HollywooD is all bite no bark BispinG is all bark some bite...

watching Season 9 of TUF made me realize how ugly and funny hendo really is... he shows no emotion and says the stupidest things that he had me laughing the whole show... especially at the end of the last episode.. ''this whole experience just makes me wanna beat bisping up'' didnt see it coming and he sounded so funny.. lol

watching Season 9 of TUF made me realize how ugly and funny hendo really is... he shows no emotion and says the stupidest things that he had me laughing the whole show... especially at the end of the last episode.. ''this whole experience just makes me wanna beat bisping up'' didnt see it coming and he sounded so funny.. lol

We must have been watching different shows. Yeah Hendo spoke slow, because he thought before he spoke, its called being deliberate. To me Hendo came across as a calm and confident guy who has been around block and knows a thing or two. He did show emotion, especially during the fights, but because he didnt act like a prima donna you are gonna dis him for it? I will agree that he is funny though. When he called Bisbing a deuch bag in that calm tone, I fell out of my chair.

We must have been watching different shows. Yeah Hendo spoke slow' date=' because he thought before he spoke, its called being deliberate. To me Hendo came across as a calm and confident guy who has been around block and knows a thing or two. He did show emotion, especially during the fights, but because he didnt act like a prima donna you are gonna dis him for it? I will agree that he is funny though. When he called Bisbing a deuch bag in that calm tone, I fell out of my chair.[/quote']

lol, i agree!! i laughed my **** off!! I did not dislike Bisbing until I watched his attitude as a coach. I agree with Hendo, he is a ****** bag!! i didnt get to see him on the ultimate fighter. i started watching the next season i think, but was he a ****** bag on the show too?

We must have been watching different shows. Yeah Hendo spoke slow' date=' because he thought before he spoke, its called being deliberate. To me Hendo came across as a calm and confident guy who has been around block and knows a thing or two. He did show emotion, especially during the fights, but because he didnt act like a prima donna you are gonna dis him for it? I will agree that he is funny though. When he called Bisbing a deuch bag in that calm tone, I fell out of my chair.[/quote']

were basically on the same page... didnt say he was dumb or anything just said he sounds funny... i love hendo and he matched perfectly with bisping cause you can tell bisping wanted some drama in the show and would try to piss hendo off but hendo will just stay so calm it looked as if he was falling asleep while talking to bisping... funny guy hope he slams bisping and grounds n pounds him till the stoppage..

You know based on my posts this is the most random yet. What has the discussion got to do with the post.

Anyway no I do not find Henderson Annoying. For god sake that guy is the former pride champion. Just because he was queit in tuf doesnt make him boring. I find with Dan he does his talking in the octagon, he is hard working and has plenty of skills to take bisping. But I have to be honest im huge bisping fan and i want him to beat henderson but you have to respect dan for what he has achieved. Pride is completely different to UFC and sometimes fighters at first struggle with the transition. Look at Wanderlie in pride he ruled for many years, but he has struggled with the transition. (Actually what does that last sentance have to do with the post)

huh?

It means hendo uses no words or imaturity he just whoops azz.Bisping talks alot and is still learning the sport.

It means hendo uses no words or imaturity he just whoops azz.Bisping talks alot and is still learning the sport.

I thought it meant Dan was going to leave his dentures in and go Mike Tyson on Bisping.

I thought it meant Dan was going to leave his dentures in and go Mike Tyson on Bisping.

I laughed at this. (i saw it and thought id use it lol)

I second that laughter! USMC is the shizzLe as long as he never writes me a ticket.