Sign in to follow this  
Liquidmetal702

TUF episode 9-The heart of Frank Lester

just watched the ultimate fighter episode 9...and for any up and coming fighters who ever feel like the odds r against them...this guy Frank Lester can show u a thing or two...and Jason Pierce is exactly what you don't want to be like...Frank fought with missing teeth against a supposed better fighter probably a week after losing a fight...with stiches...man I'm a Frank Lester fan no matter what this guy does...a true fighter will fight ne1 at netime newhere and he proved it...good way to tie it up for the USA and send that fruit Bisping pouting and degrading his own "students"...Bispings a whole other topic tho...and Jason Pierce is a disgrace to America and I'd spit on him if I ever saw him...he's practically a Brit and should be exiled...I wish Dana would quit letting him get face time and just send him home...the guys a joke and I'm glad they call him out next episode...I've got good frineds who are British and I love em to death...but the difference with America and every1 else is we will fight in the most dire situations even if it means an **** whooping...GOOD WIN FRANK YOU MADE US ALL PROUD TO BE AMERICANS!!!

funny I didn't like him at 1st either...he needs a good solid year of training with someone who can teach him takedowns, g&p , and a lil muay thai. He has a good muay clinch and solid high knees IMO. But most importantly he needs to build his cardio so when his opponents gassing he can just destroy him...the guy takes about as much punishment I've ever seen which with 2 equal fighters can make the difference every time. START RUNNING IN THE VEGAS HEAT and you'll be able to survive 10 rds...I live here I should know...

he is 4-2...so obviously he proves himself more than not...and I don't remember a fighter who doesn't talk ish...and in his last fight he really didn't say anything at all...but I agree he does talk alot and it was funny when he bet $100 for every tooth he knocked out of his opponent he actually lost 4 teeth...pretty ironic

You guys are seriously going to spit on Jason Pierce for wanting a career change? Back the **** off man, he is human.

Frank may have heart.. But the dude gets wrecked in all his fights, I'm sorry to say that unless he improves, he won't make it in the UFC.

Frank may have heart.. But the dude gets wrecked in all his fights' date=' I'm sorry to say that unless he improves, he won't make it in the UFC.[/quote']

So what you're saying is Frank Lester is another Josh Haynes? :confused:

LOL @ people getting mad at Frank for beating who everyone thought was the "UK's best fighter.

I really like Faulkner. 100% class. I hope he succeeds in whatever he decides to do.

You guys are seriously going to spit on Jason Pierce for wanting a career change? Back the **** off man' date=' he is human.

Frank may have heart.. But the dude gets wrecked in all his fights, I'm sorry to say that unless he improves, he won't make it in the UFC.[/quote']

He should have thought about that before he came on the show really. Someone who was serious about it could have taken his place.

Frank wants to be there. He did not get "wrecked" in his last fight. So, how many times have you seen him fight? Twice? 50% is getting wrecked all the time? Wow.

He should have thought about that before he came on the show really. Someone who was serious about it could have taken his place.

Frank wants to be there. He did not get "wrecked" in his last fight. So' date=' how many times have you seen him fight? Twice? 50% is getting wrecked all the time? Wow.[/quote']

He was destroyed against Faulkner, he cound't counter the mans clinches.

How do you possibly lose to a gassed fighter? I'm sorry, Lester is just a horrible fighter from what we've seen. The fact is Jason Pierce won his qualification bout so he deserved to be on the show, what he decides to do after that is HIS decision and no one elses.

He was destroyed against Faulkner' date=' he cound't counter the mans clinches.

How do you possibly lose to a gassed fighter? I'm sorry, Lester is just a horrible fighter from what we've seen. The fact is Jason Pierce won his qualification bout so he deserved to be on the show, what he decides to do after that is HIS decision and no one elses.[/quote']

No offence, but you are wrong. The fight was a draw up to that point. Hence the sudden death round.

He was never getting destroyed. He had just fought a couple days ago and took a good beating.

If that does not deserve some respect, then your standards may be set a little too high. Could you do what he did?

And Pierce did win to get on the show. Then got scared and did not want to fight.

And you respect that more then what Frank did? Wow. Just wow.

He must be a friend or relative of yours.

No offence' date=' but you are wrong. The fight was a draw up to that point. Hence the sudden death round.

He was never getting destroyed. He had just fought a couple days ago and took a good beating.

If that does not deserve some respect, then your standards may be set a little too high. Could you do what he did?[/quote']

What does my personal fighting ability have to do with anything? Does Lester even know where Congo is located? I honestly see him getting confused with the HW fighter.

I'm honestly surprised that you would even pull that card on me, it's quite possible that with the same amount of training and the exact circumstances, I would have grown to be a better fighter than he could ever be.

Does he deserve respect for taking the fight at such a short notice? Yes he does, but he has yet to show that he belongs in the UFC.. Since apparently Faulkner doesn't belong either.

EDIT: Pierce fought into the house, was injured, and decided not to fight. How is this any different from other fighters that refuse to fight unless they're in top shape?

And Pierce did win to get on the show. Then got scared and did not want to fight.

And you respect that more then what Frank did? Wow. Just wow.

He must be a friend or relative of yours.

I have NO respect left for Pierce. He's a good fighter but has no will or heart and a bad aditude.

BTW did you guys see in preveiws for next week where Richie totally calls Pierce out!! I can't wait and it makes me like that kid even MORE!!!

What does my personal fighting ability have to do with anything? Does Lester even know where Congo is located? I honestly see him getting confused with the HW fighter.

I'm honestly surprised that you would even pull that card on me' date=' it's quite possible that with the same amount of training and the exact circumstances, I would have grown to be a better fighter than he could ever be.

Does he deserve respect for taking the fight at such a short notice? Yes he does, but he has yet to show that he belongs in the UFC.. Since apparently Faulkner doesn't belong either.[/quote']

My comment has more to with mental fortitude then fighting ability.

The first paragraph of this comment makes no sense to me at all.

I detect a little bias in your feelings.

My comment has more to with mental fortitude then fighting ability.

The first paragraph of this comment makes no sense to me at all.

I detect a little bias in your feelings.

I feel like you guys are the biased ones, just two weeks ago he was being trashed around for his fighting ability, now he is a quality fighter?

I was questioning his intelligence in the first statement.. Lester doesn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed. :rolleyes:. I'm not biased.. I just base my opinion on fighters depending how they do inside the Octagon, and so far I'm not impressed.

EDIT: I know you guys are going to hate me for this.. But I honestly believe Pierce made the correct choice.. While Frank took a dangerous risk that could had destroyed his MMA career.

And that is fine. I never once said the guy was the next Fedor. People are recognizing him for his willingness to step up and fight. Despite already having taken a beating.

And I bet Frank would tell you himself that he is not the smartest guy in the world.

And if you judge a fighter on what he does in the cage, how do you judge one for not being willing to get in the cage due to fear of getting his butt kicked. Pierce said in an earlier episode, when he was completely healthy, that he wanted none of Faulkner.

And that is fine. I never once said the guy was the next Fedor. People are recognizing him for his willingness to step up and fight. Despite already having taken a beating.

And I bet Frank would tell you himself that he is not the smartest guy in the world.

And if you judge a fighter on what he does in the cage' date=' how do you judge one for not being willing to get in the cage due to fear of getting his butt kicked. Pierce said in an earlier episode, when he was completely healthy, that he wanted none of Faulkner.[/quote']

Pierce DID consider Faulkner a close friend during the show though.. It was just a horrible match up for both of them.

I do want to see Frank succeed though, and hopefully he can get into a good camp after TuF.

Pierce DID consider Faulkner a close friend during the show though.. It was just a horrible match up for both of them.

I do want to see Frank succeed though' date=' and hopefully he can get into a good camp after TuF.[/quote']

I think it is funny that he consider a guy to be a great friend because they had a conversation. I mean really man. They just met.

Look at guys like Hendo and Rampage. Trained together, really good friends for a long time.

Came time to fight, and they did what real fighters do.

Rampage even said "Dan? I do not like Dan. I love him"

So, I am not trying to bust your balls about your opinions. Just trying to make points.

He was destroyed against Faulkner' date=' he cound't counter the mans clinches.

How do you possibly lose to a gassed fighter? I'm sorry, Lester is just a horrible fighter from what we've seen. The fact is Jason Pierce won his qualification bout so he deserved to be on the show, what he decides to do after that is HIS decision and no one elses.[/quote']

To say Lester was destoyed....which fight were u watching....Faulkner won the first and Lester won the second...and as far as Faulkner goes he was starting to gas out early in the second round.How can you fault a fighter who wants to fight like the way Lester did.Lester wanted it more, and has a giant heart with little skill.The UFC could use fighters that have the willingness to fight no matter how they feel.A fighter can always learn the skills to fight in the UFC.But the one thing you can never teach,or learn is having the heart to go in a fight and wanting it more than Lester did.And as far as Faulkner goes...I wasn't all that impressed with him in that fight.If he didn't want to continue the fight ....how can you respect that...You have every right to express your opinions,but try expressing them in a better way.Don't disrepect a fighter for wanting the win more than his oppenent.

I think it is funny that he consider a guy to be a great friend because they had a conversation. I mean really man. They just met.

Look at guys like Hendo and Rampage. Trained together' date=' really good friends for a long time.

Came time to fight, and they did what real fighters do.

Rampage even said "Dan? I do not like Dan. I love him"

So, I am not trying to bust your balls about your opinions. Just trying to make points.[/quote']

Some fighters can seperate themselves emotionally from fights, others can't. This wound't be the first time that a fighter refuses to fight another because they're training partners, or close friends.

Who the **** knows? It's possible that Pierson was secretly homosexual and actually wanted Faulkner. The point is he had every right to step down, he should have done it instead of letting Dana remove him.

EDIT: I didn't disrespect Lester. I didn't call him retarded, stupid, or insult his family. All I said was that he is a horrible fighter that hopefully improves.. Jesus.

Some fighters can seperate themselves emotionally from fights' date=' others can't. This wound't be the first time that a fighter refuses to fight another because they're training partners, or close friends.

Who the **** knows? It's possible that Pierson was secretly homosexual and actually wanted Faulkner. The point is he had every right to step down, he should have done it instead of letting Dana remove him.

EDIT: I didn't disrespect Lester. I didn't call him retarded, stupid, or insult his family. All I said was that he is a horrible fighter that hopefully improves.. Jesus.[/quote']

Now this is a funny post.

Some fighters can seperate themselves emotionally from fights' date=' others can't. This wound't be the first time that a fighter refuses to fight another because they're training partners, or close friends.

EDIT: I didn't disrespect Lester. I didn't call him retarded, stupid, or insult his family. All I said was that he is a horrible fighter that hopefully improves.. Jesus.[/quote']

Calling a fighter that wants to fight..." A horrible fighter"...that is still disrepect..no matter which way you look at it...now you could of just said you just don't like Lester.

Frank has proven he has the HEART of a warrior. Battered and bruised, he took the fight and overcame the odds. I usually don?t stand up and scream at the TV but I could not help myself. I too am a Frank Lester Fan. No, he is not the best fighter in his weight class but you have to admire his heart. You cant teach that.

Dude has heart galore With little skills 2 match.2 lucky fights he won still wins but very lucky1z.Itz as easy as 123 or abc like the crawl before you walk think before you talk theory...He is walking before learning 2 crawl ...My prediction is he gets KO ed ugly as soon as he faces a good striker.Who know's maybe he will listen 2 his trainers and coaches someday.But for now i see a wild fighter talking before thinking.

Frank Lester sucks. I dont know what you guys saw. He won beacuse Faulkner is a quitter not beacuse he has great fight. And he also talks crap and doesnt back it up. I think this season is horrible in terms of quality fighters and on both sides. When I watch it I really get a wish that I could fight with some of them.

Frank Lester sucks. I dont know what you guys saw. He won beacuse Faulkner is a quitter not beacuse he has great fight. And he also talks crap and doesnt back it up. I think this season is horrible in terms of quality fighters and on both sides. When I watch it I really get a wish that I could fight with some of them.

My only dislike is the way they get drunk and trash stuff like teen agers.They have a chance of a lifetime and all they can think of is im BORED and break beer bottles?So much 2 do @ that house besides drink and act like a child...They make fighters look imature in my opinion.

Such a dumb thread...the fight was even 1/1 going into the 3rd. Come back to reality.If u were to fight some of them...then we would be talking bout you instead of Lester.

I wish you could as well. I mean that. haha

Lester has a ton of heart. You can't take that from him.

You call Faulkner a quitter? What ever man. Easy to sit behind your keyboard and judge.

There are some really good fighters on the show. I think the remaining 8 all deserve to be there.

There are just some HATE filled guys that come here to spew crap from their key boards. Kinda pathetic if you ask me.

I wish you could as well. I mean that. haha

Lester has a ton of heart. You can't take that from him.

You call Faulkner a quitter? What ever man. Easy to sit behind your keyboard and judge.

There are some really good fighters on the show. I think the remaining 8 all deserve to be there.

Yeah I really wish to. I didnt said I would win but I would definitly try it. Well it was his choice, he didnt want this at least it looks like it. He destroyed his opportunity. UFC will never get him back beacuse of this. Even if he would fight and lose it would be better for him. There are so many guys on TUF who have to much of everything on TUF and really dont take this seriously. I know a lot of guys in my club who would kill for opportunity like that. Thats why I am calling him a quitter

Its not hate. It is called opinion

I backed it up. Just read

your so -called opinions are not backing up your statments...backing up ur statments with facts is what I was refering too....Examples...Lester 3-2 before TUF..with last 3 fight resulting in KO's. Lester -little experience but huge heart....no at truly gifted fighter.

Lester dropped to ww for TUF Show.Lester is now training with Team Quest. Another fact ..every fighter talks s**t and some of those fighters don't back it up.Its your opinion if u say Lester sucks...thats ur right...but to say that the only reason he beat Faulkner was because Faulkner quit..well we will never know...if Faulkner was one of the best fighters for the UK like most of the ppl watching the show has said..well then for Lester to take Faulkner into the 3 rd...well then Lester could'nt be ALL that bad.And as far as the rest of the cast..well thats why they are on the show..to see what they have as far as being fighters.Alot of fighters don't always look impressive until they get into a good camp.

your so -called opinions are not backing up your statments...backing up ur statments with facts is what I was refering too....Examples...Lester 3-2 before TUF..with last 3 fight resulting in KO's. Lester -little experience but huge heart....no at truly gifted fighter.

Lester dropped to ww for TUF Show.Lester is now training with Team Quest. Another fact ..every fighter talks s**t and some of those fighters don't back it up.Its your opinion if u say Lester sucks...thats ur right...but to say that the only reason he beat Faulkner was because Faulkner quit..well we will never know...if Faulkner was one of the best fighters for the UK like most of the ppl watching the show has said..well then for Lester to take Faulkner into the 3 rd...well then Lester could'nt be ALL that bad.And as far as the rest of the cast..well thats why they are on the show..to see what they have as far as being fighters.Alot of fighters don't always look impressive until they get into a good camp.

Well I didnt said he wouldnt have won anyway but we will never know that. Its just stupid to me that everyvone are saying he has a big heart. He just fought to the end of the fight like everyvone else does with only difference that Faulkner decided to quit. You dont have to bealive everything Dana says. And the fight was very bad from either of them to. And I relly dont care about his record I just havent seen anything great from him yet. The first fight the opponent knocks himself out, Second fight loses and third fight Faulkner decides to quit, so I dont understand what the fuss is al about

Well I didnt said he wouldnt have won anyway but we will never know that. Its just stupid to me that everyvone are saying he has a big heart. He just fought to the end of the fight like everyvone else does with only difference that Faulkner decided to quit. You dont have to bealive everything Dana says. And the fight was very bad from either of them to. And I relly dont care about his record I just havent seen anything great from him yet. The first fight the opponent knocks himself out' date=' Second fight loses and third fight Faulkner decides to quit, so I dont understand what the fuss is al about[/quote']

The fuss is that nobody knows what kind of fighter he is going to be...but it's not fair for ppl to say he sucks...thats the whole point of this conversation.Some fighters have the tools,and some are less skilled but have the heart to put thier body's on the line even fighting hurt.If I had a choice I would choose the one with not so good skills and a great heart.U either have the heart to go on or you dont...you cant train or develope heart..thats all I'm saying.

I will say that Lester has serious balls.

I will not say that Lester has serious skills (other then that time right there :))

I do not think anyone is tying to claim that he does.

Lester is a terrible fighter who shouldnt even be on the show...his opponnent knocked himself out then Frank talks crap afterwards saying he knocked him out and Rep Cali

I will say that Lester has serious balls.

Iwish thats crossing the line dude ;)

I agree though , and he has huge heart aswell and is obviously confident in his own ability whether it be less than others or not , confidence is a huge factor in grinding out a result the way he did imo , and he will only gain more from this victory , and as he has suffered a lose when overly confident aswell , i think he may have learnt alot from both his fights and could shock us all . Dont quote me on this , everyone i tip ends up eliminated , so if it does go down again this way , i will cover all avenues and say Damarques has it in the bag ;)

Lester is a terrible fighter who shouldnt even be on the show...his opponnent knocked himself out then Frank talks crap afterwards saying he knocked him out and Rep Cali

agree. And I still dont know what his heart is al about. Where exatcly did he showed it cause I must have been watching a different show

So you did not see last episode? He took a fight on no notice, days after getting his teeth kneed in. He was beaten up and showed heart in over coming his pain and fears and getting back in the cage with the guy that everyone was calling the top dog.

agree. And I still dont know what his heart is al about. Where exatcly did he showed it cause I must have been watching a different show

I don't really care for the guy, but look at the episode where he got his teeth knocked out. He came back and fought (so to speak) the second round, and he must have been in some serious pain with four of his chicklets missing. Maybe his skills are lacking, but the dude has some large nads.

Every fighter who wants to fight in the UFC or want to make living from MMA would do that. I mean he got another chance, how can you turn that down. It doesnt have anything to do with heart. I dont know, if they signed for TUF and they got accepted from many people its natural they should be willing to take some risks for a good contract. Well he had heart if you compare him with some other guys from these season but other then that I didnt look nothing special to me. From what I understand they get 5000 dolars for winning fights. I dont get that much money in half of year. Hell I would definitly be willinig to lose some teths for that much money I would even let them to break my arm for that:)

Every fighter who wants to fight in the UFC or want to make living from MMA would do that. I mean he got another chance' date=' how can you turn that down. It doesnt have anything to do with heart. I dont know, if they signed for TUF and they got accepted from many people its natural they should be willing to take some risks for a good contract. Well he had heart if you compare him with some other guys from these season but other then that I didnt look nothing special to me. From what I understand they get 5000 dolars for winning fights. I dont get that much money in half of year. Hell I would definitly be willinig to lose some teths for that much money I would even let them to break my arm for that:)[/quote']

Okay daweedy, I concede, you are absolutely correct, Lester has no heart or guts just because he came out for the second round minus four toofies. Just some palooka wandering around with a jack o'lantern grin. He is in the same class as bi-polar Pierce who wouldn't fight except for the prelim, and Faulkner, who wouldn't come out for round 3 against the toothless wonder. I guess those two guys don't want to make a living in the UFC and Lester is a money-grubber so none of them have heart. Makes sense when you put it that way. Sheesh.