Sign in to follow this  
Liquidmetal702

TUF episode 9-The heart of Frank Lester

I hear a bunch of armchair quarterbacks. He is on the show and you are at home talking smack about him. This coming from Senior Members. Whatever.

All you have to have is 100 posts to be a senior member.

You are both right really I think at least I can relate to both your arguments.

I guess being in the house with all the different characters, seeing there attitudes to fighting + mixing with the big boys (Hisping ,Hendo + Dana and others) they get a feel for whats its really gonna be like the career path they have chosen and for some guess it just not right.

Dana seemed to think Lester had the right attitude one he admitted he didn't have himself lol.

Quote: "There just teeth", "That's not how normal people think"

I was one who didn't really like Lester much at the beginning but I respect him now. I wouldn't wanna hang out with him though tbh sorry Lester. :D

Edit: Blimy 3 or 4 pages posted while i was typing this lol

Okay daweedy' date=' I concede, you are absolutely correct, Lester has no heart or guts just because he came out for the second round minus four toofies. Just some palooka wandering around with a jack o'lantern grin. He is in the same class as bi-polar Pierce who wouldn't fight except for the prelim, and Faulkner, who wouldn't come out for round 3 against the toothless wonder. I guess those two guys don't want to make a living in the UFC and Lester is a money-grubber so none of them have heart. Makes sense when you put it that way. Sheesh.[/quote']

Of course you have to have heart for even fighting in the UFC but why is this thread only about Lester. Alot of fighters in this season went two rounds and we dont talk about them how super brave they are. So I dont get your point. Oh its beacuse of the toths, yeah you are right Lester should be hospitalized forever but insted he decided to fight anyway. Yeah that is one of the breavest guys. So if you guys would be in a real fight and someone would be beating you and broke your toths you would say no I am sorry I cant fight anymore I dont have heart like fighters do.

Frank Lester seems like a tough guy. Didn't like him at first, talked and bragged to much over too little. I think, and hope, getting squashed has taught some humility. However, he obviously wants to be a fighter, and is there for that. It was great to see him step up, I think that he was physically in a better position to do that over Miller, who also agreed to take the fight, but was denied because of his broken nose. I think Miller had as much gut and willingness to take it. Miller who I think is a much better fighter probally would of done better. So I agree that it took something for him to step up even in pain and probally not even half ready for it, and he was rewarded for it, so that is great. It was a lucky turn of events for him, and hopefully he will get some serious training to up his game, cause its gotta be upped a ton to keep on competing.

So good Job Lester, hope you heal fast.

I hear a bunch of armchair quarterbacks. He is on the show and you are at home talking smack about him. This coming from Senior Members. Whatever.

I can tell my opinion if I want and I dont really care about senior members it makes no difference to me if I would be junior or whatever. And I dont care of who you think I am, there is no way of knowing with who you are talking over the net anyways

I can tell my opinion if I want and I dont really care about senior members it makes no difference to me if I would be junior or whatever. And I dont care of who you think I am' date=' there is no way of knowing with who you are talking over the net anyways[/quote']

On this we agree. Sorry for sounding snarky on my previous post, by the way, but I do disagree with your point. But on a couple of other points. (1) This thread is about Frank Lester and his heart/courage/lunker b@lls so that is why people are commenting on it and (2) a street fight and an MMA fight only have flying fists in common, so that argument is not pertinent. Now I'm done with this, we have to agree to disagree apparently for we certainly do not agree. I didn't care much for Lester's attitude and mouth but I darn sure respect him now. And that's my privilege.

Frank Lester seems like a tough guy. Didn't like him at first' date=' talked and bragged to much over too little. I think, and hope, getting squashed has taught some humility. However, he obviously wants to be a fighter, and is there for that. It was great to see him step up, I think that he was physically in a better position to do that over Miller, who also agreed to take the fight, but was denied because of his broken nose. I think Miller had as much gut and willingness to take it. Miller who I think is a much better fighter probally would of done better. So I agree that it took something for him to step up even in pain and probally not even half ready for it, and he was rewarded for it, so that is great. It was a lucky turn of events for him, and hopefully he will get some serious training to up his game, cause its gotta be upped a ton to keep on competing.

So good Job Lester, hope you heal fast.[/quote']

Another very good post from you.

G_Row learn math 4-2 = 6 fights 2 of 6 = 33% lose not 50%

Rakenshi1234

Dude take a moment and actually read what G_row wrote. your replies make no sence at all.

daweedy

I have no clue what your getting so upset about.

As far as fighting someone on these boards, I live in springfield, oh.

Be more than happy to go 3 or 5 rounds you pick. I'm 38-3-1 amaturely, in boxing and kickboxing.

but have not fought in about 10 years. I fought HW. I have vacation the end of july begining of august if you want me to come to you.

The rest of you all.

Rewind your vids Frank was bet 100 a tooth by another person on the US team, he was not the one who brought it up or said it.

Also he was doing fine his first fight agianst te brit until he got his teeth knocked out, them he seemed to lose heart.

Most likely the pain of teeth parts cutting into his gums, so he was fighting with a dull saw hurting like hell in his mouth.

He showed heart, with stiches messed up grill and sore nose, stepping in, and once he was hit he improved greatly after the fear of the pain left.

He did quite well, even those losing round 1 and did very well winning the 2nd round.

Third round was a gass issue period, you dont last 2 and then cant do the 3rd, I believed faulkner would ko or sub him in the 1st, I was wrong as I have been alot about this season,

but frank got a great deak of respect from me for doing what he did on a weeks or 2 between a 2nd round gnp beating and thinking he no longer needed to train as hard or maintain weight, to showing up at weight and winning.

Another very good post from you.

Sweet, maybe after 5 more i can get a sucker or sticker on my avatar. lol .:D

thanks for having me, enjoying talking UFC

sweet' date=' maybe after 5 more i can get a sucker or sticker on my avatar. Lol .:D

thanks for having me, enjoying talking ufc[/quote']

lmao!!!

Rakenshi1234

Dude take a moment and actually read what G_row wrote. your replies make no sence at all.

daweedy

As far as fighting someone on these boards' date=' I live in springfield, oh.

Be more than happy to go 3 or 5 rounds you pick. I'm 38-3-1 amaturely, in boxing and kickboxing.

but have not fought in about 10 years. I fought HW. I have vacation the end of july begining of august if you want me to come to you.

The rest of you all.

Rewind your vids Frank was bet 100 a tooth by another person on the US team, he was not the one who brought it up or said it.

Also he was doing fine his first fight agianst te brit until he got his teeth knocked out, them he seemed to lose heart.

Most likely the pain of teeth parts cutting into his gums, so he was fighting with a dull saw hurting like hell in his mouth.

He showed heart, with stiches messed up grill and sore nose, stepping in, and once he was hit he improved greatly after the fear of the pain left.

He did quite well, even those losing round 1 and did very well winning the 2nd round.

Third round was a gass issue period, you dont last 2 and then cant do the 3rd, I believed faulkner would ko or sub him in the 1st, I was wrong as I have been alot about this season,

but frank got a great deak of respect from me for doing what he did on a weeks or 2 between a 2nd round gnp beating and thinking he no longer needed to train as hard or maintain weight, to showing up at weight and winning.[/quote']

I agree with this. And I also agree with most of what you said. No need to fight anyone... just show the love TWW.

Rakenshi1234

daweedy

The rest of you all.

but frank got a great deak of respect from me for doing what he did on a weeks or 2 between a 2nd round gnp beating and thinking he no longer needed to train as hard or maintain weight, to showing up at weight and winning.[/quote']

What is so impossible to understand about Pierson BEATING another fighter into the house, then having the choice to drop out after an injury that affected his fighting? I understand Dana whips most of you into a fighting frenzy.. But for some people, MMA is not a priority.

I'm not writing in Morse code here.

Frank Lester seems like a tough guy. Didn't like him at first' date=' talked and bragged to much over too little. I think, and hope, getting squashed has taught some humility. However, he obviously wants to be a fighter, and is there for that. It was great to see him step up, I think that he was physically in a better position to do that over Miller, who also agreed to take the fight, but was denied because of his broken nose. I think Miller had as much gut and willingness to take it. Miller who I think is a much better fighter probally would of done better. So I agree that it took something for him to step up even in pain and probally not even half ready for it, and he was rewarded for it, so that is great. It was a lucky turn of events for him, and hopefully he will get some serious training to up his game, cause its gotta be upped a ton to keep on competing.

So good Job Lester, hope you heal fast.[/quote']

I really wish more new members would make good posts like this. Its good to have your input on the forums man. Keep posting bro!!

On this we agree. Sorry for sounding snarky on my previous post' date=' by the way, but I do disagree with your point. But on a couple of other points. (1) This thread is about Frank Lester and his heart/courage/lunker b@lls so that is why people are commenting on it and (2) a street fight and an MMA fight only have flying fists in common, so that argument is not pertinent. Now I'm done with this, we have to agree to disagree apparently for we certainly do not agree. I didn't care much for Lester's attitude and mouth but I darn sure respect him now. And that's my privilege.[/quote']

Fair enough:)

Rakenshi1234

daweedy

The rest of you all.

Oh no now I got myself into a lot of trouble. Soemone is strying to kick my **** beacuse of my big mouth:) Well It would be kind of difficult to kick my **** considering I am from Slovenia which is in Central Europe. And you shouldnt mess with me beacuse I am 0-3 in street fights and also I can stand on my hands for more than 5 seconds

Oh no now I got myself into a lot of trouble. Soemone is strying to kick my **** beacuse of my big mouth:) Well It would be kind of difficult to kick my **** considering I am from Slovenia which is in Central Europe. And you shouldnt mess with me beacuse I am 0-3 in street fights and also I can stand on my hands for more than 5 seconds

The kid has some wit. Gotta give him that one. Sorry. [ insert jjw's infamous quote here]

Yeah, you better watch it daweedy because I might fly over to Slovenia and thump your noggin! I'm 4-4 in cuss-outs and I know how to juggle! Your hand-standing ability has me concerned but I can pick my nose with either hand, so you watch your step bro!!

P.S. This was satire. LMAO at your post. And I still disagree with you about Lester, but what the hey?

Yeah' date=' you better watch it daweedy because I might fly over to Slovenia and thump your noggin! I'm 4-4 in cuss-outs and I know how to juggle! Your hand-standing ability has me concerned but I can pick my nose with either hand, so you watch your step bro!!

P.S. This was satire. LMAO at your post. And I still disagree with you about Lester, but what the hey?[/quote']

No problem man, thats why we are here for, to have different opinions and stuff like that:) You should come over if you want I can really make a good barbaceu and I also serve alot of beer and i really like juggling:)

Well for all you people who are wondering why people say Frankie Lester has big heart, and he is brave, this is why:

He fought James Wilks, he got all 4 of his front teeth knocked out, and he had to get stitches, and really, just face it, his face was pretty damn messed up.

Then he was asked to fight against Faulkner on very short notice, just a few days after his previous fight, he glady accepted it, this fight was more of a mental battle more than a pysichal one, They both had some good hits on each other, but it was more of who wanted it more. And my man Frankie Lester wanted it more, so he got the win. Oh, and to all you people thinking Frank doesn't have the balls, lets see you do what he did?

And yes, I am a Frank Lester fanboy thankyou very much.

-Sham_Rocks77

I wish you could as well. I mean that. haha

Lester has a ton of heart. You can't take that from him.

You call Faulkner a quitter? What ever man. Easy to sit behind your keyboard and judge.

There are some really good fighters on the show. I think the remaining 8 all deserve to be there.

I wana fight all th guys in the house. Then all the guys in every weight class of the Ufc and then pride then wec then affliction then i want to fight everyone on the forum. Then ill eat some peanut butter cookies and take a nap. But only Chuck Norris could do that, so I'll just sit here and be a message board tough guy. >shrug<

What is so impossible to understand about Pierson BEATING another fighter into the house' date=' then having the choice to drop out after an injury that affected his fighting? I understand Dana whips most of you into a fighting frenzy.. But for some people, MMA is not a priority.

I'm not writing in Morse code here.[/quote']

If you put the time and effort into making it into the house that means you want the contract right? So that means you want to persue MMA as a profession right? Hmmmm, that would make it a priority wouldn't it? Hmmmmmmmmm. . . .

Well for all you people who are wondering why people say Frankie Lester has big heart' date=' and he is brave, this is why:

He fought James Wilks, he got all 4 of his front teeth knocked out, and he had to get stitches, and really, just face it, his face was pretty damn messed up.

Then he was asked to fight against Faulkner on very short notice, just a few days after his previous fight, he glady accepted it, this fight was more of a mental battle more than a pysichal one, They both had some good hits on each other, but it was more of who wanted it more. And my man Frankie Lester wanted it more, so he got the win. Oh, and to all you people thinking Frank doesn't have the balls, lets see you do what he did?

And yes, I am a Frank Lester fanboy thankyou very much.

-Sham_Rocks77[/quote']

Totally agree, Frank Lester is a warrior, no like other guys of the home.

i love fight!.

Nice to see the bashing is over. Frank is not the most talented fighter to ever be on TUF but I will say he has one of the BIGEST HEARTS I have seen, on or off the show. I don?t think he will make it to the finally but you will see him again. My pick to get the contract is Damarques(Welterweight) or Ross(lightweight).

EDIT: Pierce fought into the house' date=' was injured, and decided not to fight. How is this any different from other fighters that refuse to fight unless they're in top shape?[/quote']

From what I've seen in interviews with fighters, the majority of them fight either injured or not in "top" shape. The only time I've seen them not fight injured is when the doctor wouldn't let them. It was obvious with Pierce that his injury was not the real reason why he didn't want to fight. And when Dana let him go.....did you really believe he was upset? That was the worst acting. I mean c'mon....the clinched fist? That was convincing.

My only dislike is the way they get drunk and trash stuff like teen agers.They have a chance of a lifetime and all they can think of is im BORED and break beer bottles?So much 2 do @ that house besides drink and act like a child...They make fighters look imature in my opinion.

I think this is sinceless too but most actually aren't too far from their teenage years. If we were in our early 20's maybe it would be cool to us also.

Frank had the balls and battled through the pain barrier so is a deserved winner imo , have only just brought myself to watch it after bigging Dave up on here and especially his conditioning which from what i have seen before at his classes was second to none , so am really surprised , and also gutted ! But hats off to Frank his mindset was a major reason i think he won , as he kept saying it was in Gods plans and it was for a reason etc , and his confidence was oozing after the 1st round once Dave gased . Daves mindset was always in question after what Bisbing said even before his 1st prelims , he just didnt believe in himself even though people kept telling him how good he was , he really does need to beleive in himself and actually believe what people are telling him as he would always sound unconvinced when saying " people tell me how good i am and i can win the whole show etc " ! I thought the fight itself was crap if imho regardless whether Dave would of won or not as was the case , it was more of a stand up slugfest with little skill displayed by either fighter imo . Well keep your chin up Dave and learn from this loss as Frank did and move on m8 , Frank you have my upmost respect for just manning up after that beating you took only days prior , well done again Mr Frank Lester .

Daves mindset was always in question after what Bisbing said even before his 1st prelims ' date=' he just didnt believe in himself even though people kept telling him how good he was .[/quote']

This is what concerned me from the start.

I am happy for Lester. It took guts to do what he did, but I am sad for Faulkner. Seems like such a class act. I hope he comes back and shows the UFC what he can really do.

I read somewhere that on the show, Lester is going to fight Wilks again. Not sure where I should have posted this, but I am posting it here.

Which means the other WW match up I think is Ocipczak vs Demarques.

I also read that the LW match ups were the ones they all wanted... but not the WWs... I am not sure how true all that is, but it did come from one of the fighters blogs.

I read somewhere that on the show' date=' Lester is going to fight Wilks again. Not sure where I should have posted this, but I am posting it here.

Which means the other WW match up I think is Ocipczak vs Demarques.

I also read that the LW match ups were the ones they all wanted... but not the WWs... I am not sure how true all that is, but it did come from one of the fighters blogs.[/quote']

Please be careful about posting spoilers. If that really came from one of the fighters blogs, then they could potentially be in world of trouble.

Please be careful about posting spoilers. If that really came from one of the fighters blogs' date=' then they could potentially be in world of trouble.[/quote']

I know!

Thats why I didnt say whos blog I saw it on... just so nothing went down negatively with "that person"

If it is illegal to throw it out there though, then feel free to delete it G.

Like I said though, not sure how true it is, but it did come from a pretty reliable source.

I know!

Thats why I didnt say whos blog I saw it on... just so nothing went down negatively with "that person"

If it is illegal to throw it out there though' date=' then feel free to delete it G.

Like I said though, not sure how true it is, but it did come from a pretty reliable source.[/quote']

Well, you posted it as a rumor basically, so it can stay.

it looks to me like the UFC has no confidence in the american fighters making it to the finals, other than maybe damarques. and they really want USA v UK in both finals. so having Dent and Cameron fight makes perfect sense, because neither are worth a sh*t.

A little disjointed here, but I said alot of things about Frank Lester after he got beaten up a while back (which I stand by as justified at the time - thankyou editing process) but this last episode he got alot of respect back from me. He stepped up, he was a true battler. He may not be the best skilled fighter, but he has heart. And in this episode he wasn;t a giant a'hole like the last one, so painted in this colour, I have to give the guy props. Good luck to him.

This is what concerned me from the start.

I am happy for Lester. It took guts to do what he did' date=' but I am sad for Faulkner. Seems like such a class act. I hope he comes back and shows the UFC what he can really do.[/quote']

Yeah you could see it etched in Daves mindset that he knew he was good enough but was he really good enough was playing in his subconcious , but he was totally unsure aswell , because people were having to tell him all the time how good he was so either he has come accross as very negative and low on confidence or Bisbing had possibly had a word with the team in front of Dave or behind his back to try and bring the best out of him and boost his self esteem , either way whatever has gone on it backfired imo as pretty much constantly in the edited version we receive in the uk anyway Dave was always going on about how he knows he lacks confidence and his teamj m8s would say Dave has all the tools he just needs to believe in himself and Bisbing did it from the very start . I am still gutted as i never ever seen a low Dave never mind a not confident Dave , there were always 15 to 20 at least in his class 2 times a week and he would talk with alot of confidence and train and show us things very vocally and make sure we understood it all , one big shock to me this has been , just hope he makes it in the UFC as he shouldnt turn his back now , if his cardio was tip top he would of won imo , but was not to be .

As for Mr Frank Lester , he epitomizes every thing a fighter should be , maybe not in skill wise , but in mentality and heart the man cannot be faulted in anyway , if he were in the Team UK , i would be proud to be British , he is my favourite on Team USA now and he is a Mr to me now as he totally has my respect and anyone else who is worth there salt should respect the man aswell imho .

it looks to me like the UFC has no confidence in the american fighters making it to the finals' date=' other than maybe damarques. and they really want USA v UK in both finals. so having Dent and Cameron fight makes perfect sense, because neither are worth a sh*t.[/quote']

it seems to me that you dont know what ur talking about...you saying dollar and dent aren't worth a s**t.Im interested why you think this way....but this comin from you...this kind of ignorance is understandable.

First would like to apologize to daweedy, vented a bit to roughly with ya sorry bro.

Frank also sems to be listening alot more to his coach/corner this time also.

He's shown me he has heeart and is willing to learn, so I hope he gets into a good camp and is seen in the future in the UFC.

First would like to apologize to daweedy' date=' vented a bit to roughly with ya sorry bro.

Frank also sems to be listening alot more to his coach/corner this time also.

He's shown me he has heeart and is willing to learn, so I hope he gets into a good camp and is seen in the future in the UFC.[/quote']

I believe Lester since leaving the show is now with a good team

Yeah Lester sure did listen to his corner against Faulkner... Lets look at the replay...

Hendo: Jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab......... jab, jab, jab, jab, jab... jab, jab.

Lester: 'Stands there and stares at opponent'

Yeah Lester sure did listen to his corner against Faulkner... Lets look at the replay...

Hendo: Jab' date=' jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab......... jab, jab, jab, jab, jab... jab, jab.

Lester: 'Stands there and stares at opponent'[/quote']

Being a bad jabber is not something, your going to fix in a few weeks.

Don't care if your trained by ali in his prime.

Try rewinding and looking at when he was against the cage and was looking over and trying to step out and get off the cage.

This is my 'two pence' worth...

The Faulkner/Lester fight was boring to watch. Lester only won because Faulkner gave up. In my opinion, Faulkner should be ashamed of himself. If you're gonna put yourself into a fight, you need to make sure you are fit enough, both physically and mentally, to see it through. I think the bloke is a ***** and if I was Bisping I'd have slapped him round his face during that round break. He has shown the UK up big time.

Lester has got heart, but what else? I couldn't see much skill going down. I like the guy for his determination but I think he will get seen out of the contest in the semi's.

This is my 'two pence' worth...

The Faulkner/Lester fight was boring to watch. Lester only won because Faulkner gave up. In my opinion' date=' Faulkner should be ashamed of himself. If you're gonna put yourself into a fight, you need to make sure you are fit enough, both physically and mentally, to see it through. I think the bloke is a ***** and if I was Bisping I'd have slapped him round his face during that round break. He has shown the UK up big time.

Lester has got heart, but what else? I couldn't see much skill going down. I like the guy for his determination but I think he will get seen out of the contest in the semi's.[/quote']

I have to disagree on this. It was a close fight. Lester would have to be KO's not to keep thrwoing down. I don't think with the determination shown Faulkner could have walked through the next round. If he won it would have been a close win. I also don't think he showed up the UK. His mental side was well documented. When he gets that in check it will show a different man IMO.