Sign in to follow this  
ricoj3323

Kimbo on TUF 10!! WTF

lame... Dana is trying to get raitings instead of legit MMA action... i hope he droped by the end of the first show.. jsut get him out of there

he won't make it in the house

Did you read the article?

Danas not making them fight there way into the house this year! And its only HW, no other weightclass this year.

Now I really hope Lashley is in the TUF House so he can destroy Kimbo on National Televison!!!

well it definately makes for quite the soap opera! I'm curious how he'll fare, if he learns and improves, or if he gets leveled! we'll see I guess.

I think it will be good. Kimbo is a good person and it will get him more fans this way. I'm not saying he is the best fighter in the world but he is a fighter. I like Kimbo but he is not a very good mma fighter yet but IMO he could be. This is where he should of started in the first place. Only time will tell.

lame... Dana is trying to get raitings instead of legit MMA action... i hope he droped by the end of the first show.. jsut get him out of there

Dana already stated b4 that the only way Kimbo would get into the ufc is by an all HW TUF... I highly doubt he'l win but maybe sum actual mma training instead of street fighting will do him good.

Well lets see here... What are the positives of Kimbo doing TUF, and the Negs of TUF.

+ Kimbo will boost ratings

+ Kimbo will make his fans happy

+ Kimbo will take things very "seriously"

And the Negs

- Kimbo cannot fight

- Kimbo has a glass jaw

- Kimbo has yet to defeat a real fighter

- Kimbo has basically zero KO power for a man his size (this is startling)

- Kimbo has basically zero technique in his hands

- Kimbo will lose against the first fighter in the house that he has to fight, especially one with a wrestling background

- Kimbo has no other skills other then stand up

Impressive list to say the least.

hes kind of old to be starting a mma career , however he is a fighter and deserves to try out just like any other fighter... but i do agree with storm rite now that something will happen and he wont be able to go thru with it... but to tell you the truth i hope he is on and i hope that he can at least show the true mma fans his story and gain some respect and hopefully he gets choked out in 5 seconds to show all the unsmart mma casual fan that he isnt as good as promoted. oh well , and i really would love for lashley to be on there but i dont think he will go that route.

Well lets see here... What are the positives of Kimbo doing TUF' date=' and the Negs of TUF.

And the Negs

- Kimbo cannot fight

- Kimbo has a glass jaw

- Kimbo will lose against the first fighter in the house that he has to fight, especially one with a wrestling background

Impressive list to say the least.[/quote']

Your crazy Iwish!!

Kimbo has better BJJ than Demian Maia

Better Wrestling than GSP

Better Stand-up than Anderson Silva

And his cardio is so good he could fight for Infintiy!!

I don't know how you can think otherwise, you must know NOTHING about MMA!! :P

I just started watching last week. Cut me some slack!

I'm trying but when you say stupid things like that it makes it VERY difficult for me! HAHA

Wow the ratings just went through the stratosphere.

I dont know whats up with all the Kimbo hating

So he sucks at MMA but hes always been humble and

grounded. Can you blame the guy for trying to make a buck ( big bucks)

doing the only thing ( Fighting) he knows how to do?

HW division for my taste is boring , but now that Kimbo will participate I just may

watch an episode or two

Kimbo actually is a very intelligent guy, and DEFINITELY knows how to do more then fight.

On the other hand, Kimbo is one of the "freakshows" that are giving our sport a bad name. It is not entirely his fault, but mostly bad promoters and companies.

On MMAJUNKIE.com I LOLed at the line that said "Kimbo Slice was KOd by a jab". It made my day to read.

i laugh everytime i watch the video of seth KOn him... the commentator says something like THIS IS THE MOST UNBELIEVABLE WIN IN MMA EVER!! hahahahahahahahaha what a moron... i dont even think i quoted him rite.. i think what eh said was even dumber.

Kimbo is obviously just a promotional tool, since 2008 the UFC has tried to expand it's viewership to the African American community. They did this by promoting 50 Cent's "Get Up" during UFC 91 with a music video featuring Brock Lesnar and Randy Couture. They also did it with Evans, Griffin and other UFC fighters, including Frank Mir, when they had a side-by-side presence with 50 Cent and LL Cool J at the 2008 Video Game Awards. This new TUF pits the two most popular African American fighters in the US (Rampage and Rashad) and now features one of the most talked about street fighters as well. Dana knows how to make money, if he can just bring a fraction of the black audience, who for the most part watch Football, Basketball, and Boxing over to the UFC, he will be swimming in a pool of money much bigger then the one he already swims in.

something will happen and Kimbo wont make the show.

if that happens you know ZUFFA will sue Kimbo for everything he has, it would be like seeing Kimbo getting knocked out with a jab if he gets in a court battle with ZUFFA

Kimbo is obviously just a promotional tool' date=' since 2008 the UFC has tried to expand it's viewership to the African American community. They did this by promoting 50 Cent's "Get Up" during UFC 91 with a music video featuring Brock Lesnar and Randy Couture. They also did it with Evans, Griffin and other UFC fighters, including Frank Mir, when they had a side-by-side presence with 50 Cent and LL Cool J at the 2008 Video Game Awards. This new TUF pits the two most popular African American fighters in the US (Rampage and Rashad) and now features one of the most talked about street fighters as well. Dana knows how to make money, if he can just bring a fraction of the black audience, who for the most part watch Football, Basketball, and Boxing over to the UFC, he will be swimming in a pool of money much bigger then the one he already swims in.[/quote']

UFC is already pretty big with the African American community dude!

But I know what your saying

if that happens you know ZUFFA will sue Kimbo for everything he has' date=' it would be like seeing Kimbo getting knocked out with a jab if he gets in a court battle with ZUFFA[/quote']

u cant sue somebody for getting injured.

UFC is already pretty big with the African American community dude!

But I know what your saying

no it aint.. i would say that it is their smallest fan base, but TUF is a great way to expose it and educate on it.

As of December 2008 it was Dana White's marketing strategy to get more African American viewers, look around the stadium during a fight, it is mostly white men and women. I don't doubt that there are African American viewers, but it is nowhere close near the level that Dana wants it to be at. After his earlier attempts to get this market sorta failed, he is going to go another route. TUF 10 coaches Rampage and Rashad are great for promoting the UFC to the black community, and Kimbo Slice is another promotional tool who will certainly pull in the street fighting fans.

no it aint.. i would say that it is their smallest fan base' date=' but TUF is a great way to expose it and educate on it.[/quote']

Agreed!

no it aint.. i would say that it is their smallest fan base' date=' but TUF is a great way to expose it and educate on it.[/quote']

You think??

The guys I hang with were watching it and love MMA. Lot at the bar watching the last PPV as well, pretty close the the same amout as the white guys there. Depends on where your at I guess though huh?

Yeah, I guess it depends on your location, but I still stand by my points, Dana has admitted as recently as 6 months ago that he is actively trying to get more black viewers: "It's going to take time. But we're going to end up with the urban market and we're going to end up with the Hispanic market, too. Mixed martial arts is the future. They're eventually going to gravitate to it."

Your crazy Iwish!!

I don't know how you can think otherwise' date=' you must know NOTHING about MMA!! :P[/quote']

JJ Who, where do you get your info, Where ever it is get a new source, Kimbo started as a backyard brawler, it wasn't till he started MMA about a yr ago that he even learned to grapple, All of his fights before had at least 1 rule NO WRESTLING, the fight stays stand up, watch the fight on you tube where he fights the cops from Mass. Kimbo's people always ran into the arena to stop the cop from wrestling. Kimbo is a backyard thug nothing more. How ever he does have KO power, he KO'd Tank Abbott in 37 Sec.

JJ Who' date=' where do you get your info, Where ever it is get a new source, Kimbo started as a backyard brawler, it wasn't till he started MMA about a yr ago that he even learned to grapple, All of his fights before had at least 1 rule NO WRESTLING, the fight stays stand up, watch the fight on you tube where he fights the cops from Mass. Kimbo's people always ran into the arena to stop the cop from wrestling. Kimbo is a backyard thug nothing more. How ever he does have KO power, he KO'd Tank Abbott in 37 Sec.[/quote']

hahaha it's pretty obvious JujitsWho is being sarcastic, him and IWish are joking around with eachother, you think a guy with over 4600 posts on this site would really believe any of the things he posted about Kimbo's skills?

hahaha it's pretty obvious JujitsWho is being sarcastic' date=' him and IWish are joking around with eachother, you think a guy with over 4600 posts on this site would really believe any of the things he posted about Kimbo's skills?[/quote']

I really hope not,

Well lets see here... What are the positives of Kimbo doing TUF' date=' and the Negs of TUF.

And the Negs

- Kimbo cannot fight

- Kimbo has a glass jaw

Impressive list to say the least.[/quote']

you serious..i agree with a few statements but you are a little bit over the edge don't ya

think?

-kimbo can fight if it stays standing up..

-kimbo does not have a glass jaw, guy could take haymakers to the face with barenuckles..

-kimbo has beaten "real fighters" if you get into a ring and throw down you are consider a fighter by any means..

-kimbo has very powerful hands and technique with his boxing and you will see this soon enough..

-Saying he will lose in his first fight is your own opinion so i cant disagree with you on that.

-and yes i agree his stand up is only real threat but to say he has no experience is a bit ridiculous he did train with Bas and Randy... and im pretty sure i seen him lift Thompson from half guard or side mount with one arm.. but none the less his ground game is pathetic i will agree..

Now why there are so many haters i do not understand, it was not this man who told everyone he was the dangerous man in mma it was elitexc and gary shaw.

Kimbo is the one of the most respectable men in the sport today.. goodluck kimbo go make Dana some f*ckin cash.

I really hope not' date='[/quote']

haha I hope not also :)

There are Kimbo haters because lots of people see him and think that is what fighting is, but bare knuckle boxing in the streets is not fighting. It takes most of these MMA guys years to train in BJJ, Muay Thai, Wrestling, Karate, Boxing, etc. Those are fighters, Kimbo is a brawler. No disrespect to the guy, he is training hard and wants to make that crossover, he is a respectable guy and is just doing what he can to make a living.

JJ Who' date=' where do you get your info, Where ever it is get a new source, Kimbo started as a backyard brawler, it wasn't till he started MMA about a yr ago that he even learned to grapple, All of his fights before had at least 1 rule NO WRESTLING, the fight stays stand up, watch the fight on you tube where he fights the cops from Mass. Kimbo's people always ran into the arena to stop the cop from wrestling. Kimbo is a backyard thug nothing more. How ever he does have KO power, he KO'd Tank Abbott in 37 Sec.[/quote']

LMAO.............. Really I had no Idea :P

hahaha it's pretty obvious JujitsWho is being sarcastic' date=' him and IWish are joking around with eachother, you think a guy with over 4600 posts on this site would really believe any of the things he posted about Kimbo's skills?[/quote']

Thank you

you serious..i agree with a few statements but you are a little bit over the edge don't ya

think?

-kimbo does not have a glass jaw' date=' guy could take haymakers to the face with barenuckles..

-kimbo has beaten "real fighters" if you get into a ring and throw down you are consider a fighter by any means..

-kimbo has very powerful hands and technique with his boxing and you will see this soon enough..

-Saying he will lose in his first fight is your own opinion so i cant disagree with you on that.

-and yes i agree his stand up is only real threat but to say he has no experience is a bit ridiculous he did train with Bas and Randy... and im pretty sure i seen him lift Thompson from half guard or side mount with one arm.. but none the less his ground game is pathetic i will agree..

Now why there are so many haters i do not understand, it was not this man who told everyone he was the dangerous man in mma it was elitexc and gary shaw.

Kimbo is the one of the most respectable men in the sport today.. goodluck kimbo go make Dana some f*ckin cash.[/quote']

i hope your not serious with anything you said, you have no points, didnt you see Kimbo and his worthless chin get knocked out by a jab, hes as bad as James Thompson. Kimbo doesnt even have a chance if the fight is standing, his boxing sucks man, no technique at all. Actually cantrell took a dive against Kimbo, you didnt see that??

think?

-kimbo does not have a glass jaw' date=' guy could take haymakers to the face with barenuckles..

Kimbo is the one of the most respectable men in the sport today.. goodluck kimbo go make Dana some f*ckin cash.[/quote']

Adams,

NO WAY................... His jaw is weak, the only thing he has in a stone fist, he will be murdered in his first real fight, he has fought has been's and never will be's. His boxing is a joke, unless you have seen him boxing groceries, a half decent HW Boxer would take his head off.... No your a real fighter if you train for it, next time you hear of a tuff man comp, go watch it they are a bunch of drunks beating the piss out of each other, although fun to watch none of them are real fighters.

Cant wait already , should be very intresting , does anyone actually rate Kimbo ? I have only seen him bare knuckle fight so havent seen mma skills , whats he like ? cheers

LMAO.............. Really I had no Idea :P

You had no idea of what jj Who?

I was joking around Iwish HAHA. With my Kimbo post, and the one you have quoted here.

Cant wait already ' date=' should be very intresting , does anyone actually rate Kimbo ? I have only seen him bare knuckle fight so havent seen mma skills , whats he like ? cheers[/quote']

He has had a few MMA fights, he has KO power, He KO'd Tank Abbott, but he has a glass jaw, and no ground skills, he's a bum........ Rate 0.5

Oh sh!ite, i think i may have broke my keyboard as i have just spat my coffee all over it!!

I think i may have wee'd a little as well...:D:D:D

think?

Yeah the Kimbo hating is funny coming from someone that crys if anyone dislikes Brock Lesnar and says "we all dislike him for no reason"...yet he thinks its ok to automatically hate Kimbo the exact same way...

Kimbo will do OK, but like some other people have said, he'd have a hard time winning it, but then again, this year on TUF 9 so many people that were expected to win didn't (Lawson, Faulkner) so who knows....

It's true that Kimbo Slice is not well rounded. He's basically a bare knuckled street fighter. He's go KO power in his hands, and that's about it.

He was finally totally exposed by Seth, in the final Elite XC production.

That said this is a really wonderful opportunity for Kimbo improve on his weaknesses. He now has an opportunity to train at the top level. If he truly loves to compete in MMA, and if he his capable of evlolving into a more cerebral fighter, he will have a realistic opportunity of winning the TUF show. (A reservation; I have no idea who will also be on the show, maybe there will be some really experienced MMA fighters.) Kimbo might get arm barred in his first fight. lol

Your crazy Iwish!!

I don't know how you can think otherwise' date=' you must know NOTHING about MMA!! :P[/quote']

His BJJ is truly amazing! Who can you name that has better bjj than kimbo? NOBODY THATS WHO!!!! The only man alive that can take Kimbo out is Chuck Norris. But then again, his tears cure cancer, so that's not really fair.

His BJJ is truly amazing! Who can you name that has better bjj than kimbo? NOBODY THATS WHO!!!! The only man alive that can take Kimbo out is Chuck Norris. But then again' date=' his tears cure cancer, so that's not really fair.[/quote']

See, someone gets it :P

I think Kimbo could beat Jose Canseco but then again I'm also pretty sure that my sister can beat Jose so that's not saying much.

Kimbo is going to bring ratings to the show like never before, from all kinds of viewers and markets. I don't see how he could do well in the actual fights but the fans that thought Kimbo was tough will say "wow, if these guys are tougher than Kimbo I should be watching them fight." If he does happen to do well then the training by legitimate UFC fighters gets the credit. Zuffa and all of mma win no matter what imo.