Sign in to follow this  
ricoj3323

Kimbo on TUF 10!! WTF

His BJJ is truly amazing! Who can you name that has better bjj than kimbo? NOBODY THATS WHO!!!! The only man alive that can take Kimbo out is Chuck Norris. But then again' date=' his tears cure cancer, so that's not really fair.[/quote']

The mmamania article also says that Kimbo has enlisted legendary fighter Bas Ruuten as his trainer. Who can defeat Kimbo now, training under a master such as Bas, who has two UFC fights and a bald head.

Kimbo has alot of fans even after his last lose.Atleast here where i live in vegas and the community around here is mostly black.Most of the new fans i meet or talk 2 have no idea who royce is or severn etc ...Over the last 2 years i believe the MMA fan base has more than doubled.I can still remember a time about 5 years ago when you could go anywhere and ask someone who is shamrock and most would not no.Today i think it would be hard not 2 find a fan of MMA and 2 me that is a good thing.To me seeing a pay per view card every week would be gr8 but for now it is every other month or so.I also think that MMA will eclipse all other sports in popularity within 5 years from now.

Kimbo may not have 15 plus years of MMA training but he has the heart and desire 2 atleast try 2 learn a new trade besides boxing only.And i am all for kimbo on the new season of tuf...

Put me in the camp with those that just don't understand the Kimbo hate.

this guy has never done anything wrong, he just did what he had to since day one to make a living.

this guy was basically homeless for while after a hurricane blew down the place he was living. he tried with college scholarships for football and tried out for the dolphins, but wasn't good enough. He had a girlfriend and children and no way to feed them. All he knew how to do was street fight, and he could do that well. he was a body guard for some **** producers and street fought on the side. He got a name for himself in street fighting ANYBODY who wanted a piece...and put his money down and took a chance on himself every fight. and he won. it was just some **** punks with a video camera hearing of him and decided they wanted a piece of the pie and started filming the fights and putting them on the internet while he acted as thier "bodyguard". His exposure increased, the money got better as people bet more and more money....he did nothing wrong.

We've all see the stupid martial art movies of the 80's and 90's (like Lionheart and crap) about a down on his luck dude who had to fight to make a living.

well....here's the real deal. no hollywood script...the real thing.

is he the best there is? no. does he care? no. he was just a dude trying to make money the best way he knew how.

he never learned how to wrestle, the rules were always stand up boxing only. the only times he lost were when dudes broke the rules and started choking him out...we've seen the videos of that. not his fault. he was following the rules...the other guy didn't.

on the common street, he was a king...among the common street fighter...he is a very good fighter.

to say that he isn't a fighter because he wasn't MMA trained or wasn't a pro is ELITIST BULLSH!T. as if "real fighters" didn't exist before MMA. Fighting STARTED ON THE STREETS, YOU RETARDS. the guy has heart, regardless of his lack of pro training and ability.

so, after his internet stardom took off, thanks to some white **** dudes with video cams and a youtube account.....he got calls from smaller MMA promotions who wanted to capitalize on is popularity. they offered him a bunch of money.....what the hell would you have done?

he did the best he could...tried to learn some grappling and ground game on the fly to survive....the promotions put him up against scrubs to keep him winning and keep the $$ flowing.

is that Kimbo's fault? No.

he just put his fists up and swung like he always did. he always stayed humble, never let crap go to his head.

yeah, he finally got "exposed" by some low level MMA kid who actually trained, had good punching technique and a ground game.

people say "exposed"....but did anyone with even a passing knowledge of MMA really think Kimbo could take on a rounded MMA fighter? of course not.

the days of Tank Abbott winning UFC 4 or whatever, were long gone. you need true MMA now to compete. Kimbo just didn't have the chance to get there.

Kimbo was a victim of the $$ machine that used him.

he made some decent $$ to give a good life to his family, then got demonized when he lost to someone with more training. he didn't build himself up...the promotions did to make some $$.

Hey, I'm rooting for the guy. He'll never be a champion...it's just too late for him to catch up....but he could, with dedication...become competent enough to win a couple bouts in the UFC before getting bounced....than maybe fight in some smaller league's..and call it a career.

good for him.

the guy did nothing wrong....he's just doing the best he can with what he has.

he's a true "everyday dude" who grew up punching people in the face to survive and make some money in dank back alleys and backyards, and parking lots.

not a "real fighter"? ****, that's what a real fighter is. no glitz, no big-name gym and trainer. just a guy fighting to feed himself and his family.

Go Kimbo.

in the words of Cartman: screw you guys....i'm going home...

The mmamania article also says that Kimbo has enlisted legendary fighter Bas Ruuten as his trainer. Who can defeat Kimbo now' date=' training under a master such as Bas, who has two UFC fights and a bald head.[/quote']

say what you want about Kimbo...

but do you know **** about Bas?

look him up, his whole career, and then shut the hell up.

look him up' date=' his whole career, and then shut the hell up.[/quote']

He has a bald head and is 2-0 UFC. It was a satiric post, not to dog Bas. Unbunch thy panties, Q.

look him up' date=' his whole career, and then shut the hell up.[/quote']

Kimbo was a body guard for a XxX producer thats how he got on Camera and on the underground scene.

Kimbo was a body guard for a XxX producer thats how he got on Camera and on the underground scene.

yeah, he was fighting to supplement his meager body guard wages.

and these guys helped organize and tape what he was doing.

props to Kimbo for stepping up. If he wanted he could fight in Japan but he decided to do TUF instead. Sure he gets paid to do it but the point is he did not have to. I am interested in seeing how he does on TUF.

The mmamania article also says that Kimbo has enlisted legendary fighter Bas Ruuten as his trainer. Who can defeat Kimbo now' date=' training under a master such as Bas, who has two UFC fights and a bald head.[/quote']

Bas training Kimbo is old news. He's been training with him for two years now, before he fought Ray Mercer, whom he submitted.

Listen, I like the guy. He is smart, athletic ( played college football at Miami), and a bit of a freakshow. It's not his fault that most idiot MMA people think he is the face of MMA, which of course is not even close; thanks ESPN ;( Can you blame him for trying to make a buck? At least he is trying to be a legit fighter. This goes down the same road of haterism as Brock and Lashley. So what the guy used to knock peoples eyeballs out in backyards of Dade County, he is trying to live a dream and get paid for it. I hope he does end up on the show, and then does well, or at least earns some respect. Good luck Kimbo Slice!

Frankly I have no hate for Kimbo, I hope he does well. Guy has had a helluva life and whatever he gets he earned it. That MMA show that CBS put on was just a freak show, but I hope Kimbo made some money.

Sorry but talking crap about Bas Rutten is garbage... he was one of the best fighters ever before he retired no he did not fight in the UFC but twice but the guy won 22 of his last 23 fight and the one he did not win was a draw... he was also a UFC HW champion... Sorry but saying Bas is nothing special is lke saying Chuck Liddel was an ok fighter, or Randy Couture was just a hack..

Okay, Hizoka, Q, everyone, I made a poor choice of making a funny at Bas' expense. I apologize. I like Bas, he's way cool, also a great fight analyst. I like Kimbo, no hate here. I be sorry.

If Kimbo can just:

1. work HARD on his cardio.

2. learn how to sprawl, sprawl, sprawl, sprawl,sprawl,sprawl,sprawl,sprawl,sprawl,sprawl,sprawl,sprawl,sprawl, and sprawl some more.

then he'll have a punchers chance to win 1 or 2 fights on the show.

he just doesn't have the time to learn a tactical ground game.

i just don't see any way he gets to the finals. Any wrestler is gonna steamroll him.

but if he can win at least one match and win with a KO, he'll be on the undercard on the finale and will be on TV again....too much $$ for Dana to pass up.

Kimbo Slice to Compete on TUF 10

Article on BloodyElbow.com

"Now this came out of nowhere. According to Kevin Iole of Yahoo Sports, Kimbo Slice is going to be a contestant on TUF 10:

The UFC president has repeatedly insisted he would not allow Slice to compete in the UFC unless he won his way onto the show by competing on "The Ultimate Fighter." Slice has called White?s bluff and will appear on Season 10 of the highly rated Spike TV series, White has confirmed. Fighters live in the same house and train together, and then fight during the show in a bid to earn a UFC contract."

I think Kimbo may get in the house... but will probably lose his first fight depending if his opponent is remotely good on the ground. Anyone who watched the showtime series saw that Kimbo not only gassed quick, but was God awful on the ground... he would just lye there like a dying moose... If they put even a decent fighter against him... it's all over for the slice!! Your thoughts?

Bas is not training Kimbo anymore. The last time Kimbo trained with Bas was for the Petruzelli fight (Ken Shammy).

You guys are lucky that this is what constitutes being a moron on this part of the site. This guy put together a well thought out post, his only problem was that there is a thread on this forum which already is discussing this post. The blog side of the site is infested with retards who can't spell the word 'legend' and don't know what the hell a blog even is. So anyways, what these guys are trying to say to you one_zero_five is that if you type in Kimbo Slice in the search thread area you will see this topic is being discussed elsewhere. They do not like duplicate threads here so this one will most likely get deleted, sorry! :)

Bas or el guapo was a monster @ 1 time.And i love his bar room fighting technics...

my apologies to the ****** bags who replied to this forum with the duplicate thread comments..... I didn't see it.... and didn't think to search for it.... and don't care to... This was just confirmed yesterday.... so if it was brought up yesterday, it would have more than likely been on the first page thread... instead, I saw a post I made over a week ago (on the front page), that hadn't been responded to for several days....... making me believe that nothing had been moving on the Ultimate Fighter sections......

and by the by....... I would say about half of the people who post to these threads neglect to search for the same topic....... Some of us just don't remember or don't care..... and for these people, this thread will be welcomed......... for the half that do care about duplicate threads.........IGNORE THIS ONE!!!! Your obviously a ******, and I could care less for your comments....

You actually got the thread in the correct area of the forum.

Some1 pays attention besides me lmao...

he won't make it in the house

they are all in the house and trust me if this guy worked his technique he WILL be an animal in the ufc

Look @ the amount of views the mans name creates he is a MONEY magnet as dana knows .

I LOLed at half of these comments.

Apparently Kimbo does have technical boxing now...

Apparently Kimbo is a real fighter and has fought real competition...

Apparently Kimbo is more legit then Brock Lesnar...

Apparently Kimbo has hands of stone... and a chin of steel...

All of this makes me laugh.

I'd take any drama over the adolescent drunken yahoo crap behavior in some of the past shows:p This season has been pretty good. I wish they would spend more time showing the training.

My expectations wouldn't be too high of Kimbo but it's hard to be suprised anymore with what happens on TUF.

Lesnar would murder kimbo... Thats the funniest statement all day.

I could cry at the other half. What crap! I can buy Kimbo has potential...any person with a fighter's heart, willing to train and coached properly does. But he has not proven ANYTHING to make me think he should be IN the UFC let alone could be competitive. It's been a while since he's fought. If he has been training he will be competitive on TUF but that IS his proving grounds. He certainly ain't done it yet.

that's important to us.

no' date=' but he can swing with accuracy and authority.

there is nothing technical about him.

Apparently Kimbo is a real fighter

yes, he is. not sure what your definition of a "real fighter" is (probably only someone who is pro and trains in trendy gym), but he fought on the street for money to pay bills and keep his kids fed.

he is a real fighter.

and has fought real competition...
relative to legitamitly trained MMA pros, no.

relative his experiance and skill level...sure.

uh....no.

Apparently Kimbo has hands of stone.
yeah, he can break faces.

not sure why people think he can't lay the wood.

and a chin of steel...
don't know yet. Seth (a trained MMA pro) just caught him just right, jab or not.

others of his own skill level have never really hurt him much.

this is important to us.

yeah, I don't have high hopes for Kimbo based on his ground game....... but will make the season more interesting... despite his awful ground game, he is one mean muthafranklin.... did anyone see the fight were he dropped his mouth piece? The ref tried to stop the fight so he could grab it.... Kimbo just picked it up and threw it out of the ring.... pushing the ref out of the way to continue the fight....

I don't think he'll get away with that kind of stuff in UFC obviously.... but you can't help but want to see him interact with people in the house.... It really is hard to tell the who's, who in any season... it's edited to make you think the weak are strong, and vise versa.... I mean common.... who would have ever thought that Faulkner would have lost to Lester in the last episode of TUF 9?... I mean really??? The whole season has been edited to make the UK look like cool, level headed, killer fighters.... and USA to look like chump, idiots.... it's obvious that this was done on purpose (not that I care cause it made it way more interesting and unpredictable).... And if people like Pierce can get on the show... God knows what other heavy weights will make the cut....

Who said hes more legit than Brock?

I don't know but brain cells are burn'n wherever it was said.

Kimbo will bring a big female audience to the show...he's a looker to boot:rolleyes: lol

I don't know but brain cells are burn'n wherever it was said.

Kimbo will bring a big female audience to the show...he's a looker to boot:rolleyes: lol

Kimbo has opend the mma game up to many more people.It has become cool in the black community like the nba etc.And in no way can kimbo face lesnar it would not be a fair fight...

i think the fact that Kimbo is helping to push the market of MMA into urban cultures is important.

that is good for the sport.

just to again be clear, while I will root for the guy....he may win one bout in the house and that's about it.

he'll have an undercard bout on the finale show, for $$ in Zuffa's pocket if not for anything else (the ratings will be off the chart)

it is doubtful that Dana will give him a contract, unless Kimbo REALLY shows not only heart, but some promise.

at best, he might get a 2 fight deal....will probably lose both to more skilled and experienced fighters...and then he'll finish his short MMA career fighting on smaller circuits for a while.

and sign a huge book deal....and probably get a movie deal too.

good for him.

Kimbo has opend the mma game up to many more people.It has become cool in the black community like the nba etc.And in no way can kimbo face lesnar it would not be a fair fight...

Not sure you meant to quote me because your points don't counter mine at all. So I'll just say...........

I agree with what you said except I don't think Kimbo has exclusively opened up the game to the black community. There have been (and are) great role models in the black community from MMA. Kimbo had a very unique and albeit inspiring journey that perhaps through the viral world targeted an younger age bracket in the black community a bit better than most of his contemporaries. The internet played a role in Kimbo's popularity that gave him exposure to a group that 10 years ago wouldn't have seen him.

if the UFC's hope for the black community is pairing off two beaten former champions as coaches, throwing in a trashy internet joke and hoping the ebonics fly outta their moufs routinely then this is a great idea. As for keeping the black fans after the black guys involved in the show all get their faces beaten in by well spoken, respectful white guys. i have no faith that it will work. Until there is a real 'street' guy that the black community can look up to they won't want to watch their boys get killed. Rashad isn't 'street'. Rampage pretends to be but he has more white friends than black and kimbo is such a joke that he doesn't deserve mentioning. start bringing MMA gyms to the ghettos to replace the boxing centers and MMA might take off in that community but i doubt it anyway. the metal detectors would be too expensive at the door.

His fights on YOU TUBE made him period.If dana and zuffa allowed ufc on you tube it 2 would make a big BOOM in the fan base.The more you watch the more you want 2 watch like a pringle cant stop after one pop.And for kimbo he needs 2 start with his level of fighters and as all other s prove himself threw working up the ranks.And he has potential just needs practical experience in the MMA game.

if the UFC's hope for the black community is pairing off two beaten former champions as coaches' date=' throwing in a trashy internet joke and hoping [b']the ebonics fly outta their moufs routinely[/b] then this is a great idea. As for keeping the black fans after the black guys involved in the show all get their faces beaten in by well spoken, respectful white guys. i have no faith that it will work. Until there is a real 'street' guy that the black community can look up to they won't want to watch their boys get killed. Rashad isn't 'street'. Rampage pretends to be but he has more white friends than black and kimbo is such a joke that he doesn't deserve mentioning. start bringing MMA gyms to the ghettos to replace the boxing centers and MMA might take off in that community but i doubt it anyway. the metal detectors would be too expensive at the door.

okay, Mr. White Power.

that's important to us.

I am glad it is.

no' date=' but he can swing with accuracy and authority.

there is nothing technical about him.[/quote']

He can swing with accuracy? What do you claim as accuracy? That he can hit people in the head?

Authority? does that mean people are afraid to get hit by him who are real fighters? I strongly doubt this.

yes, he is. not sure what your definition of a "real fighter" is (probably only someone who is pro and trains in trendy gym), but he fought on the street for money to pay bills and keep his kids fed.

he is a real fighter.

I think we all have a good idea of what a real fighter is. A real fighter is a man or woman who trains their asses off to be the best and beat the best. It has NOTHING to do with being in a "trendy gym". He also has had other jobs and has went to university I believe. So him "paying bills" by fighting is ridiculous to begin with. He has had many options since the beginning.

He is not a real fighter. He is a street fighter who has limited skills and is not very athletic.

relative to legitamitly trained MMA pros, no.

relative his experiance and skill level...sure.

If you believe so...

uh....no.

I agree with this. Sadly other people believe Kimbo and Brock are similar.

yeah, he can break faces.

not sure why people think he can't lay the wood.

He can break faces of people that are not that good, and have been on huge losing streaks. I believe without looking at a fight finder, all of Kimbos Ws were doing terrible in their last 5 fights. I believe their records for their last 5 fights combined were something like 3 - 12 against mostly cans.

He has never broken the face of any real MMA athlete, so I until I see something like this, Kimbo is still a freak show ruining our sport slowly. People like him are making this sport look like "entertainment" instead of athletes training hard for and strong to be the best.

don't know yet. Seth (a trained MMA pro) just caught him just right, jab or not.

others of his own skill level have never really hurt him much.

Usually it takes several punches to KO someone. Seth is not known for having a good jab or heavy hands, especially compared to other HWs. Seth is also a LHW. Seth was on one foot when he landed that jab as well, and off balance too boot. That about wraps that Kimbo fight up.

this is important to us.

As stated before, I am glad it is.

Why you quote each piece in my statement like I did right here is annoying. Why not just address each statement I make in a neat paragraph at the bottom of my quote? Just throwing that out there..

if the UFC's hope for the black community is pairing off two beaten former champions as coaches' date=' throwing in a trashy internet joke and hoping the ebonics fly outta their moufs routinely then this is a great idea. As for keeping the black fans after the black guys involved in the show all get their faces beaten in by well spoken, respectful white guys. i have no faith that it will work. Until there is a real 'street' guy that the black community can look up to they won't want to watch their boys get killed. Rashad isn't 'street'. Rampage pretends to be but he has more white friends than black and kimbo is such a joke that he doesn't deserve mentioning. start bringing MMA gyms to the ghettos to replace the boxing centers and MMA might take off in that community but i doubt it anyway. the metal detectors would be too expensive at the door.[/quote']

Stereotyping? Let me guess it is passD down maybe not but fact is IGNORANCE is bliss .And 2 think any fighters color has anything 2 do with winning is for those riding the short bus...Watch 5 years from now when the result of the kimbo exposer is prevalent.

if the UFC's hope for the black community is pairing off two beaten former champions as coaches' date=' throwing in a trashy internet joke and hoping the ebonics fly outta their moufs routinely then this is a great idea. As for keeping the black fans after the black guys involved in the show all get their faces beaten in by well spoken, respectful white guys. i have no faith that it will work. Until there is a real 'street' guy that the black community can look up to they won't want to watch their boys get killed. Rashad isn't 'street'. Rampage pretends to be but he has more white friends than black and kimbo is such a joke that he doesn't deserve mentioning. start bringing MMA gyms to the ghettos to replace the boxing centers and MMA might take off in that community but i doubt it anyway. the metal detectors would be too expensive at the door.[/quote']

What a joke....Ha Ha Showing your true colors ehh?

Authority? does that mean people are afraid to get hit by him who are real fighters? I strongly doubt this

we'll see.

I think we all have a good idea of what a real fighter is. A real fighter is a man or woman who trains their asses off to be the best and beat the best.
elitist. I would say he worked his **** off on the street to be the best street fighter around...and he was. can't hold a candle to most pro-trained fighters (yet' date=' anyway), no....but only about 1% of the population can.

". He also has had other jobs

he was a "bodyguard" for some internet **** guys. yeah, rolling in the $$

and has went to university I believe.
for one year on a football scholarship, that didn't pan out.
So him "paying bills" by fighting is ridiculous to begin with.

wrong.

He is not a real fighter. He is a street fighter who has limited skills and is not very athletic.
that's a real fighter to me.

someone who fights for a living, one way or the other. legal or not.

he fought to pay the bills.

in the street...with no refs....where anyone could pull a gun or knife. under uncontrolled conditions.

you'd crap your pants and pass out in the same situation.

he put his fists up and went to work.

He can break faces of people that are not that good, and have been on huge losing streaks. I believe without looking at a fight finder, all of Kimbos Ws were doing terrible in their last 5 fights. I believe their records for their last 5 fights combined were something like 3 - 12 against mostly cans.
true.

time will tell.

He has never broken the face of any real MMA athlete,
he fought 2.

one he pummeled in the 3rd round...the other jabs his head to the mat in 16 seconds.

time will tell which Kimbo he is.

Usually it takes several punches to KO someone. Seth is not known for having a good jab or heavy hands, especially compared to other HWs. Seth is also a LHW. Seth was on one foot when he landed that jab as well, and off balance too boot. That about wraps that Kimbo fight up.
was it a fluke, or can he not take a punch of someone with real strong technique.

we'll see.

remember, though....if you talk alot of ****, over and over....and he does well on the show and knocks people out...you will look like a ****.

Why you quote each piece in my statement like I did right here is annoying. Why not just address each statement I make in a neat paragraph at the bottom of my quote? Just throwing that out there..
nope.

i like it this way.

clear and concise....each point is clearly answered.

I think it's fairly clear the UFC's hope for whatever community it has yet to tap into is the pursuit of mainstreaming the sport. The UFCin it's origin had to dismantle the "thug" image of fighting anyway cause most people don't want reckless violence but have the palate for a violent sport.

I think that fighters have come from a variety of walks of life in the UFC and though you seem to disqualify Rampage and Rashad as being "street". Whatever!

I have no idea what the real story of Rampage, Rashad, Kimbo, Houston Alexander, Drew McFeddries (ain't got time to list everyone) is I just know what I've been sold. I ain't there Dad, priest or therapist so that's good enough for me.

Any person has to adapt their attitudes and behavior in the UFC to some extent so that Dana can keep selling it. Hence--showbiz!

we'll see.

elitist. I would say he worked his **** off on the street to be the best street fighter around...and he was. can't hold a candle to most pro-trained fighters (yet' date=' anyway), no....but only about 1% of the population can.

he was a "bodyguard" for some internet **** guys. yeah, rolling in the $$

for one year on a football scholarship, that didn't pan out.

wrong.

that's a real fighter to me.

someone who fights for a living, one way or the other. legal or not.

he fought to pay the bills.

in the street...with no refs....where anyone could pull a gun or knife. under uncontrolled conditions.

you'd crap your pants and pass out in the same situation.

he put his fists up and went to work.

true.

time will tell.

he fought 2.

one he pummeled in the 3rd round...the other jabs his head to the mat in 16 seconds.

time will tell which Kimbo he is.

was it a fluke, or can he not take a punch of someone with real strong technique.

we'll see.

remember, though....if you talk alot of ****, over and over....and he does well on the show and knocks people out...you will look like a ****.

nope.

i like it this way.

clear and concise....each point is clearly answered.[/quote']

You can clearly address each point the way I am about too.

Your argument is "we'll see"? you really think guys who fight top kickboxers, K-1 fighters, etc. are going to be afraid to fight a guy who was recently KOd by Petruzelli? REALLY!? I would like to see how well he does against Pat Berry, or Cro Cop.

How do you know he was the "best street fighter around"? Because Youtube highlighted some of his fights, even though he was smoked in at least one? I bet he lost more then just that one as well...

He had options other then just being their bodyguards. If he went to university for one year, why didnt he finish? Was it because he could not get a student loan? do you not have them in the states? do you not have any way to make money other then being an elite "street fighter"? If so, that is very sad. Call me an "elitist" if you want, but that just seems like a sour statement from somebody who is losing an debate.

So as long as you are tough on the streets where people have guns knives ETC. then you are a real fighter? So if you fight anyone on the streets and have no skills you are still considered a real fighter? I bet that would label about 90% of the men in the world as "real fighters" in your books. As long as you pay a bill with the money you received from winning a street fight, you are a real fighter..........:rolleyes:

Time has already told us his capabilities. The man is not very big for a HW, and is pretty old. I think starting a career now is a little late IMO.

Who was the first real MMA athlete?

I am very confident in my statements, and I will be even after the show. You can pray that Kimbo is great, which is fine... but prayers do not amount to much. You can call me a **** if you would like, but that, again, sounds like the words of someone losing a debate.

I like it this way more. I can address each statement inside a paragraph. It is easy to use and is not as messy.

Just get this out there....KIMBO NEVER founght anyone credible. He fought people you could sell tickets to watch. I don't dismiss that he is good enough for TUF. It's a proving grounds that many people fall in. He has potential. Street experience is useful too (though I do question a guys "real" fight experience when he's always filming it...been in some fights and never had the luxury of a camera crew). Bodyguarding is not the same as fighting. A great fighter can make a lousy body guard if he is more interested in saving his own skin than yours.

He has some potential but the bottom line is he is unproven. Anyone who has bought the "legend" of Kimbo Slice has taken the "red eye" to Fantasyland!

What difference does the color of his skin make? I am tempted to close this thread.

Don't close the thread because of one ignorant comment, just ignore the idiot.

Anyway this should definetly be interesting. I'm not a huge fan of Kimbo ((I feel like street fights are brutal and unnecessary.)), but if he does win the tournament, he definetly belongs in the UFC.

All in all season 10 is going to be great, and I'm glad they threw away the "Country vs Country" theme.