Sign in to follow this  
ricoj3323

Kimbo on TUF 10!! WTF

Your argument is "we'll see"? you really think guys who fight top kickboxers' date=' K-1 fighters, etc. are going to be afraid to fight a guy who was recently KOd by Petruzelli? REALLY!? I would like to see how well he does against Pat Berry, or Cro Cop.[/quote'] depends on what he shows on the show.

How do you know he was the "best street fighter around"? Because Youtube highlighted some of his fights, even though he was smoked in at least one? I bet he lost more then just that one as well...
well, in miami. how do i know? i wasn't there, but his fights are all over the internet to watch. including when he loses because the guys choke him out when they agreed on no grappling.

He had options other then just being their bodyguards. If he went to university for one year, why didnt he finish? Was it because he could not get a student loan?
probably because he was a **** student, and not good enough to make the starting team or his grades just blew....
do you not have any way to make money other then being an elite "street fighter"?
or course. he chose street fighting.

If so, that is very sad. Call me an "elitist" if you want, but that just seems like a sour statement from somebody who is losing an debate.
are you gonna do that "internet message board thing" where you just start crowning yourself the victor of the debate? really?

So as long as you are tough on the streets where people have guns knives ETC. then you are a real fighter?
if you fight on the streets in a dangerous environment for money, and do well at it...yeah, you're a real fighter. how else do you want me to explain it to you?

The man is not very big for a HW, and is pretty old. I think starting a career now is a little late IMO.
you could be right on both accounts.

Who was the first real MMA athlete?
cauliflower ear explosion guy.

he wasn't a super stud...but he was a trained pro MMA fighter.

You can pray that Kimbo is great, which is fine... but prayers do not amount to much.
i have already stated a few times on this thread that I don't think he will have much success or much more of a MMA career....did you skip past that?

i'll root for him...and admire his heart...and respect for being a good street fighter.

You can call me a **** if you would like, but that, again, sounds like the words of someone losing a debate.
there you go crowning yourself again.

can we stop now?

we clearly disagree on alot of points, but agree that he probably won't amount to much in the world of pro MMA.

why quibble like little brats?

enough.

I was looking at this as more of a debate, but you really are not addressing points with much value.

remember that you are the one name calling. Most people that have to resort to that, as usually losing and are feeling belittled, even though in this case I am not even trying to do that. I do not "think" I am winning, until people have to start saying things like "****" or "idiot" etc.

We do obviously disagree one A LOT of different details. You are very optimistic though, that is for sure.

I did not skip the part either where you said he would not amount to much, but with some of the statements you made, it sounds like you believe he can be more then what a lot of people believe. To be honest, it sounds more like you just want him to do well just so you can make me look like a "****".

If you believe you are a brat, then fine. I wont state otherwise.

Wow! I'm not a Kimbo fan but I did think he (kimbo) acknowledged that he was new to the sport and had a lot to learn. Being humble is always a plus in my book. I don't know that he will have the heart to become a full time fighter in the UFC (admits he can't stop smoking) but it could definitely make for some interesting TV. I think this was a good move by Dana. Much better than giving him some cans to fight on some under card.

I. To be honest' date=' it sounds more like you just want him to do well just so you can make me look like a "****".

[/quote']

you think i care that much about you?

you think anyone on here cares that much about you?

message boards were created for people like you.

good for you.

well how many KIMBO threads are we making? can we just stick to 1 Kimbo love/hate thread?

If I see them, I merge em. lol

okay' date=' Mr. White Power.[/quote']

I'm not even remotely a white supremacist. I'm actually a minority. i am Metis. As for the black thing, it's obvious that the UFC is trying to play the race card and have a ridiculous blacksploitation season and I'll call like I see it. this isn't MTV, you don't score cool points by being black and grabbing your junk all the time in the real world. there are alot of really normal and decent black people. these aren't the people the entertainment industry profiles and although it actually takes soceity down a peg running such s*** on the air it is definitely worth mentioning just how ridiculous it is when that card is played.

The_Q has some good points

thanks, i appreciate it.

i don't want to argue with people much on here.

i'd be the first to admit he as really dissapointed me and I thought he could actually be something. while that seems unlikely now...i'll still root for him.

and i stand by my point that life he lead and what he did on the streets to provide for his family,

he's a real fighter.

not a great MMA fighter.,

not the best fighter.,

but a real fighter,.

one with heart,

good luck kimbo...you are going to need it!

This is the perfect business move By the UFC.

First of all, these are the facts

1.Kimbo is an MMA fighter. He has official MMA fights wins/lossess against a pride fighter and a UFC fighter. He also has MMA training from Bas Rutten and an Unofficial fight against an MMA fighter pre-cagefighting.

2. He is Raw Talent, thats what you put on the TUF show.

3. He is more famous than any of the TUF competitors *coming in to the house

i can see Dana bringing in a ringer to make sure Kimbo does not wit the finale if he makes it that far... i dunno who but a real tested legit fighter who no-one in the US has really herd of just to make sure Kimbo cannot win

i can see Dana bringing in a ringer to make sure Kimbo does not wit the finale if he makes it that far... i dunno who but a real tested legit fighter who no-one in the US has really herd of just to make sure Kimbo cannot win

Badr Hari?

This is the perfect business move By the UFC.

First of all' date=' these are the facts

1.Kimbo is an MMA fighter. He has official MMA fights wins/lossess against a pride fighter and a UFC fighter. He also has MMA training from Bas Rutten and an Unofficial fight against an MMA fighter pre-cagefighting.

2. He is Raw Talent, thats what you put on the TUF show.

3. He is more famous than any of the TUF competitors *coming in to the house[/quote']

you forgot that he has a glass jaw too lol

you forgot that he has a glass jaw too lol

No Rico, you are wrong. His jaw is good, but a random jab in the perfect spot can KO him... if that makes sense :confused:

He also has instant KO power that he will use to KO all the guys he fights.

Lets not forget that Jeff Monson like ground game.

I think I'm getting better at picking up on all the sarcasm on this site.:o

Sometimes finding the straightforward comment is harder than finding the sarcasm:)

Sometimes finding the straightforward comment is harder than finding the sarcasm:)

This statement is truth. When reading my text, think sarcastic the entire time, then you will know the tone I am using LOL

I am a sarcastic person, but it adds humour for the most part :cool:

This statement is truth. When reading my text' date=' think sarcastic the entire time, then you will know the tone I am using LOL

I am a sarcastic person, but it adds humour for the most part :cool:[/quote']

Yes I sensed that about ya::P

Put me in the camp with those that just don't understand the Kimbo hate.

this guy has never done anything wrong' date=' he just did what he had to since day one to make a living.

this guy was basically homeless for while after a hurricane blew down the place he was living. he tried with college scholarships for football and tried out for the dolphins, but wasn't good enough. He had a girlfriend and children and no way to feed them. All he knew how to do was street fight, and he could do that well. he was a body guard for some **** producers and street fought on the side. He got a name for himself in street fighting ANYBODY who wanted a piece...and put his money down and took a chance on himself every fight. and he won. it was just some **** punks with a video camera hearing of him and decided they wanted a piece of the pie and started filming the fights and putting them on the internet while he acted as thier "bodyguard". His exposure increased, the money got better as people bet more and more money....he did nothing wrong.

We've all see the stupid martial art movies of the 80's and 90's (like Lionheart and crap) about a down on his luck dude who had to fight to make a living.

well....here's the real deal. no hollywood script...the real thing.

is he the best there is? no. does he care? no. he was just a dude trying to make money the best way he knew how.

he never learned how to wrestle, the rules were always stand up boxing only. the only times he lost were when dudes broke the rules and started choking him out...we've seen the videos of that. not his fault. he was following the rules...the other guy didn't.

on the common street, he was a king...among the common street fighter...he is a very good fighter.

to say that he isn't a fighter because he wasn't MMA trained or wasn't a pro is ELITIST BULLSH!T. as if "real fighters" didn't exist before MMA. Fighting STARTED ON THE STREETS, YOU RETARDS. the guy has heart, regardless of his lack of pro training and ability.

so, after his internet stardom took off, thanks to some white **** dudes with video cams and a youtube account.....he got calls from smaller MMA promotions who wanted to capitalize on is popularity. they offered him a bunch of money.....what the hell would you have done?

he did the best he could...tried to learn some grappling and ground game on the fly to survive....the promotions put him up against scrubs to keep him winning and keep the $$ flowing.

is that Kimbo's fault? No.

he just put his fists up and swung like he always did. he always stayed humble, never let crap go to his head.

yeah, he finally got "exposed" by some low level MMA kid who actually trained, had good punching technique and a ground game.

people say "exposed"....but did anyone with even a passing knowledge of MMA really think Kimbo could take on a rounded MMA fighter? of course not.

the days of Tank Abbott winning UFC 4 or whatever, were long gone. you need true MMA now to compete. Kimbo just didn't have the chance to get there.

Kimbo was a victim of the $$ machine that used him.

he made some decent $$ to give a good life to his family, then got demonized when he lost to someone with more training. he didn't build himself up...the promotions did to make some $$.

Hey, I'm rooting for the guy. He'll never be a champion...it's just too late for him to catch up....but he could, with dedication...become competent enough to win a couple bouts in the UFC before getting bounced....than maybe fight in some smaller league's..and call it a career.

good for him.

the guy did nothing wrong....he's just doing the best he can with what he has.

he's a true "everyday dude" who grew up punching people in the face to survive and make some money in dank back alleys and backyards, and parking lots.

not a "real fighter"? ****, that's what a real fighter is. no glitz, no big-name gym and trainer. just a guy fighting to feed himself and his family.

Go Kimbo.

in the words of Cartman: screw you guys....i'm going home...[/quote']

That was an awesome post. I'm glad you said what you did. Why are ppl so angry about him trying? He has no right to TRY? Isn't the point of TUF to learn and get better? Isn't this mixed martial arts? His art was streetfighting, and now he's trying to expand. Everyone acts like he has no right to try to earn a spot in the ufc cuz he got knocked out. Let me think, haven't I seen Serra knock out GSP? Does that mean GSP has been exposed as a bum? No. Everyone can get K.O'd. I'm rambling so I'll just say this. Everyone has the right to try. Me, You, and Kimbo (hey that could be a sitcom:))

When we think of fighters most of us think of MMA and the martial arts, but to me a fighter is someone who exhibits the will, desire and heart to succeed. Anyone can be a fighter, but not everyone can show the determination and discipline it takes to be a great fighter, training is essential! Up until this point I think Kimbo was a more a street brawler then a fighter but I think his move to join the cast of TUF 10 when he could be fighting elsewhere for big bucks is a sign that he wants to be a great fighter. The UFC is the proving ground for those who want to be great all around fighters and Kimbo is ready to take that leap. I'm not a fan of street fighting, I think it is dumb, if you really believe you have enough skill then test yourself at a higher level, train harder then you ever have, grab the bright shiny apple at the top of the tree, not the rotting one on the bottom branch because it's easy to reach. Kimbo has risen above that now, he wants to gain some legitimacy, and in my opinion he is going about it the right way. Good luck to him!

Lastly I just wanted to ask QTIP a question about one of the comments he made "Fighting STARTED ON THE STREETS, YOU RETARDS" do you really believe that? I mean fighting started before humans were even around, animals fight with eachother, humans fought way before the idea of a street even came to be. Professional fighting started at least with the ancient Greeks with Pankration which was a mix of boxing and wrestling added to the ancient Olympic games well over 2500 years ago. Martial Arts have an amazing history, every year they are discovering new paintings that depict fighting from thousands of years ago, the Egyptians and Indians are believed to have invented some of the earliest forms of martial arts also the ancient Chinese's Kung Fu has been around for a long time.

To Hizoka: "he won't make it in the house"

From Hizoka: "another retarded one post wonder who is completely clueless about MMA makes his presence known in true moronic fasion"

Kimbo has already trained with one of the greats..........Bas Rutten, and Kimbo ain't even in shape after training with Bas.

Kimbo is just a muscle bound guy who tries to throw bombs..............in the fashion of Tank Abbott, and that don't cut it in the MMA.

Kimbo may learn a little, but that is doubtful as he learned hardly anything with Bas, and so I say, Kimbo out in the first round.

He doesn't have any clue as to what to do when he is on the ground............and he gets gassed quicker than even Tank Abbott.

Kimbo's down............Kimbo's down..............Kimbo's down

To Hizoka: "he won't make it in the house"

From Hizoka: "another retarded one post wonder who is completely clueless about MMA makes his presence known in true moronic fasion"

You could have just used the "Quote" feature you know? LOL

Making this show even more interesting and possibly more appealing to the African American community is the fact that four former NFL players have made it to the final 16 who will be in the house. This should be a very interesting season!

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15070/quartet-of-nfl-vets-to-join-kimbo-slice-on-ufc-the-ultimate-fighter-10-cast.mma

damnit, looks as though this info has been shared already on the TUF 10 Contestants thread, bastards beat me to it!

Making this show even more interesting and possibly more appealing to the African American community is the fact that four former NFL players have made it to the final 16 who will be in the house. This should be a very interesting season!

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15070/quartet-of-nfl-vets-to-join-kimbo-slice-on-ufc-the-ultimate-fighter-10-cast.mma

I also heard Lashley might be on the show as well, which would be cool

I just checked out those four former NFL players, they are all HUGE! Looks like they will all be pushing the 265 pound limit.

I also heard Lashley might be on the show as well' date=' which would be cool[/quote']

Lashley wont be on the show, hes fighting on June 27th against Bob Sapp

Lashley wont be on the show' date=' hes fighting on June 27th against Bob Sapp[/quote']

That sux! He'd have done well IMO. Would have been good for him. He's going to beat Sapp down anyway

i loled at half of these comments.

Apparently kimbo does have technical boxing now...

Apparently kimbo is a real fighter and has fought real competition...

Apparently kimbo is more legit then brock lesnar...

Apparently kimbo has hands of stone... And a chin of steel...

All of this makes me laugh.

no

no

no

he does, and noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Me too

5k views on this thread in 1 day...Kimbo has a name that draws people as the views show well.This must be a record breaking thread just like the record viewers having kimbo on tuf will generate.Every 1 will gossip this up across the country and soon even TMZ will be stocking MMA fighters...Hopefully kimbo fights like a dude facing skid row nothing like a hungry fighter.And win lose or draw KimbO in the ufc did 1 thing it openD doors.

Hope Kimbo ends up on Team Rampage.

I remember when Page commenting before on All Access how he was no longer the ugliest guy in mma cause of Kimbo!

No point really...just sharing.

You could have just used the "Quote" feature you know? LOL

No way?!?!? Thats what that is for? I thought it was for insurance rates but i use ESURANCE b/c the cartoon chick is sooooooo sexy so I ignored it!

He has had a few MMA fights' date=' he has KO power, He KO'd Tank Abbott, but he has a glass jaw, and no ground skills, he's a bum........ Rate 0.5[/quote']

Cheers groundandpounder .

Did you read the article?

Danas not making them fight there way into the house this year! And its only HW' date=' no other weightclass this year.

Now I really hope Lashley is in the TUF House so he can destroy Kimbo on National Televison!!![/quote']

Wow I thought i was the only other person laughing thinking this could be great if they put lashley on the show to i think he would even destroy slice

I'm not even remotely a white supremacist. I'm actually a minority. i am Metis. As for the black thing' date=' it's obvious that the UFC is trying to play the race card and have a ridiculous blacksploitation season and I'll call like I see it. this isn't MTV, you don't score cool points by being black and grabbing your junk all the time in the real world. there are alot of really normal and decent black people. these aren't the people the entertainment industry profiles and although it actually takes soceity down a peg running such s*** on the air it is definitely worth mentioning just how ridiculous it is when that card is played.

Nice

Lastly I just wanted to ask QTIP a question about one of the comments he made "Fighting STARTED ON THE STREETS' date=' YOU RETARDS" do you really believe that? I mean fighting started before humans were even around, animals fight with eachother, humans fought way before the idea of a street even came to be. Professional fighting started at least with the ancient Greeks with Pankration which was a mix of boxing and wrestling added to the ancient Olympic games well over 2500 years ago. Martial Arts have an amazing history, every year they are discovering new paintings that depict fighting from thousands of years ago, the Egyptians and Indians are believed to have invented some of the earliest forms of martial arts also the ancient Chinese's Kung Fu has been around for a long time.[/quote']

before ALL of that, humans were picking up rocks and sticks and hitting each other for a variety of reasons. advanced culture may have created laws to curb it, created sports to mold it, created arts to beautify it....

but through it all.....in any country, at any point in time up to present.....there is someone fighting someone else in the street for one reason or another.

the first thing man learned how to do was fight....the second was s3x. After that, he built arenas that he could fight in...and houses that he could f@ck in.

Nice

what are you, the f*cking politically correct police? I don't think saying that there are alot of normal decent black people qualifies as noteworthy. anyways, what are we supposed to do? Pretend the crotchgrabbing, pant sagging, gun toting, uneducated way that blacks are portayed by the media is a reflection of their entire society? I choose to call it out as pathetic when I see it because that's what it is. It's bringing them down a peg in soceity. and it's unfortunate for the guys that aren't complete idiots because unfortunately with the idiots like Kimbo and rampage's fake persona all black people get painted with that brush.