Sign in to follow this  
mr_GO_HARD

Strikeforce Thread

should be some interesting night of fights... any thoughts..

Robbie "Ruthless" Lawler

VS Jake Shields

Joe "Diesel" Riggs

VS Phil "The New York Badass" Baroni

Nick Diaz

VS Scott Smith

Kevin "The Monster" Randleman vs

Mike Whitehead

Josh Bumgarner

VS Jesse Finney

Lucas Lopes

VS Scott Ventimiglia

Andrei "Pitbull" Arlovski vs Brett Rogers

Mike "Mak" Kyle

vs

Rafael Cavalcante

should be some interesting night of fights... any thoughts..

Robbie "Ruthless" Lawler

VS Jake Shields

Joe "Diesel" Riggs

VS Phil "The New York Badass" Baroni

Nick Diaz

VS Scott Smith

Kevin "The Monster" Randleman vs

Mike Whitehead

Josh Bumgarner

VS Jesse Finney

Lucas Lopes

VS Scott Ventimiglia

Andrei "Pitbull" Arlovski vs Brett Rogers

Mike "Mak" Kyle

vs

Rafael Cavalcante

Is this gonna be on Showtime or PPV???

i think showtime' date=' which i dont have...[/quote']

I do, I need the date this is happening man, thats a good card!!

Make sure I watch it and I'll post results as they happen

pretty easy fights to call though

i used to go to playground but got banned for "fighter bashing" when i sai Kos was a prick on Tuf

i dont do the forums on mmaplayground, i just pick the fights and do wagers but it keeps me to date on the outside the ufc fights...

umm i believe this is this SATURDAY... not sure on the time.

i dont do the forums on mmaplayground' date=' i just pick the fights and do wagers but it keeps me to date on the outside the ufc fights...

umm i believe this is this SATURDAY... not sure on the time.[/quote']

Kool!!

I post the results

This is a pretty good card and if you have Showtime it's free. It is in fact this Saturday night. Lawler/ Shields could be interesting. I like Diaz/ Smith a lot. I think Nick stands and bangs with him because if he takes Smith down I think he can end it quickly and I don't think he wants that. Baroni and Riggs should be a fun kind of brawl too. Diesel FTW

There is only one fight I want to see' date=' and it is easy to call IMO.

Shields.[/quote']

face down at the end of the fight

I have been waiting for this fight for a minute.Showtime has decent fights non ppv but you still pay for showtime...I have VS for the other outside of ufc fights aswell i am going for lawler and rogers

im going with sheilds, i hate lawlor! q; ) plus sheilds is boys with the diaz brothers! haha im taking baroni over deisel, dont really like deisel.. i also think arlovski will have a horrible fight and lose. q; )

im going with sheilds' date=' i hate lawlor! q; ) plus sheilds is boys with the diaz brothers! haha im taking baroni over deisel, dont really like deisel.. i also think arlovski will have a horrible fight and lose. q; )[/quote']

if he loses it only takes more credit away from Fedor and makes it look more and more like Fedor only fights has bens

p.s. not that i dont respect him or think that he aint deserving of his P4P title.. i just say hey u dont come to the ufc then i want u to lose and lose badly!

im going with sheilds' date=' i hate lawlor! q; ) plus sheilds is boys with the diaz brothers! haha im taking baroni over deisel, dont really like deisel.. i also think arlovski will have a horrible fight and lose. q; )[/quote']

I like Baroni over Riggs too.

Shields is a lock unless he gets caught with a good shot. Lawler and match him wrestling or in BJJ. I see a sore arm in Lawlers future!!!

good im a UFC guy and i want fedors legend to deteriorate!

p.s. not that i dont respect him or think that he aint deserving of his P4P title.. i just say hey u dont come to the ufc then i want u to lose and lose badly!

I love this kind of talk ^

The Lawler - Shields fight reminds me of Silva - Leites but with a lesser degree of talent. I think another difference is that both of these guys will probably be willing to engage in other's strength where Silva- Leites insisted on fighting their own games. Obviously Shields could get his lights put out and Lawler could end up with a broken bone. Interesting fight.

I love this kind of talk ^

The Lawler - Shields fight reminds me of Silva - Leites but with a lesser degree of talent. I think another difference is that both of these guys will probably be willing to engage in other's strength where Silva- Leites insisted on fighting their own games. Obviously Shields could get his lights put out and Lawler could end up with a broken bone. Interesting fight.

This is the first time in the history of the Universe that someone has comapaired Lawler to Silva LOL.

I hear what your saying though. I just don't see Lawler being able to stop Shields from taking him down. Making him have to fight Shields' fight where he really has no chance. Shields is by far the better wrestler and I think my brother has better BJJ defense than Lawler as well (not kidding LOL)

Exactly. Why pay for Strikeforce when there cards are usually not that strong. I mean this is the first card I have seen that actually slightly peaks my interest, but still is not nearly good enough to make me pay.

I would pay for Dream, Affliction, WEC, and UFC over Strikeforce everyday of the week.

I usually use Justintv, but I will keep TVshack.com in mind if the other site does not work.

You can't post sites like that in the forum man!! I'd remove it before the mods see it!

fine, then delete my quote in your post, fool!

fine' date=' then delete my quote in your post, fool![/quote']

LOL there!!!

And don't call me a fool again or I'll have to beat you with a stick!! :P

Bet all of us that can watch it will....The whole card looks good 2 me.most notably diaz smith i like them both so i cant pick the winner.Either way it goes it will be good.

I hope Diaz plays this fight smart' date=' because Smith has that flash KO power, which can suck if you are owning him by 2.5 rounds, then have to get the smelling salts out.[/quote']

Nick is and has been fighting smarter lately IMO. I think He'll get the win

Holy fawk' date=' I leave for a couple of days come back and JJW is over 5,000.

Told you I would only be on the top for a few months with JJW around. 2 months 5,000 posts. WTF[/quote']

Can you say forum addiction? LOL

There is literally no laughing about it. He is starting to come off as a serial murderer. :eek:

SerialKiller3.jpg

Yeah.

First match of the night :

Kevin Randleman vs. Mike Whitehead

Round 1> Whitehead controls the first round scoring 4 takedowns and top control on the ground, Randleman showed some flashes of his former self with 2 reversals but was unable to control Whitehead who quickly got to his feet

Round 2> This round was total domination by Whitehead, Randleman looked gased and could do nothing on the ground. Whitehead uses his size to control the fight on the ground scoring with punches and transitions

Round 3> Early in the first round Randleman catches Whitehead with a solid left hook that rocked him and sent him to the mat, Randleman could not capitalize on this chance to finish and Whitehead fights his way back into the match. From here on Whitehead continues his domination with standing strikes and takedowns

Winner WhiteHead via UD

Fight 2

Joe Riggs vs Phil Baroni

Round 1> Riggs takes control early with takedowns and takes Baronis back twice and almost finishes with a RNC. Baroni shows some life fighting his way back to his feet and scores a takedown of his own. The fight is stood up with a minute left and Riggs quickly goes for another takedown which was stuffed by Baroni who ends up on top and scores with some punches.

Round 2> Riggs starts the round strong in the stand up and lands a solid superman punch and follows it with a takedown. Baroni fights his way up and scores a takedown of his own. The fight is back and forth in this round until Riggs almost ends it with a deep triangle choke. Baroni escapes the hold and lasts to the end of the round

Round 3> Riggs dominates the stand-up in round three scoring with crisp punches and solid leg kicks. Riggs nails Baroni with a barage of kicks, knees, and punches but is unable to finish before the round ends

Winner: Joe Riggs via UD

Fight 3

Nick Diaz vs Scott Smith

Round 1> Round one was all Diaz, who scored at will with precision punching, but also took a few good power shots from Smith which cut him under his left eye. Diaz scores a solid takedown at the end of a dominating round of action!

Round 2> More of the same, Diaz controls the the fight and pushes the action. Diaz nearly finishes the round strong and almost KOs Smith, who continues to lay on the ground after the round ended and had to roll over to stand up and get to his corner.

Round 3> More of Diaz destorying Smith in the stand up until Smith loses his balance and falls. Diaz takes his back and ends the fight via RNC

Winner: Nick Diaz via RNC

Fight 4

Arlovski vs Rogers

Round 1> Rogers opens with a flurry early the KOs Arlovski in under 20 seconds

Winner : Brett Rogers via KO.....................Dammit :mad:

That was a ****ty stoppage' date=' he didn't even give him time to recover.[/quote']

Dude he was in dreamland! I'm really pissed too but that was a good stoppage IMO