Sign in to follow this  
one_zero_five

UFC - Making a big mistake? (Fedor)

Now, before one of you little girls (you know who you are) jumps the gun and tells me to search the thread history.... I DID. People have made threads concerning Fedor, but not really on this topic (which I do not think really fits in the available threads for Fedor). If you don't agree, then ignore the thread.... go play with your dolls, fluff a pillow, and bite it.

UFC - Making a big mistake?

Everyone knows that both UFC & Fedor have been attempting a deal for some time. The fans are demanding Fedor (well the majority), and really, I think we're closer now than ever. My question to pose is this, "Is UFC making a big mistake bringing Fedor in?". I read an article on bloody elblow this morning stating that Fedor is inviting the winner of the upcoming Lesnar/Mir fight to the affliction event to give him a watch. Fedor has publicly stated he wants to fight the winner of Lesnar/Mir within the UFC for a "one fight contract" and will allow UFC the option to solely host the event.

(http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/6/4/899369/fedor-emelianenko-wants-one-fight)

This is big. One of the big hold ups in the past, was the fact that M-1 wanted to co-host the event. Fedor was willing to fight in the UFC a long, long time ago, but his managers have always wanted M-1 as a co-host. UFC would not allow this (not then, not now). UFC would not (in any way) bring attention to other fight leagues, and has made that point clear. I agree with UFC on this... Why should they? It would be bad business for them.

So how could this "one fight contact" be bad for UFC? *** and I want to preemptively state that I do like Fedor, and I definitely want him in... just posing the question of whether its a smart move for UFC.***

The big catch here is that Fedor only wants a "one fight contract", nothing more. Fedor has publicly stated his disdain for the UFC's champion clause that essentially keeps a fighter under contract as long as they are champion but allows the UFC to cut a fighter after a loss. --- Basically, it allows UFC to completely cut off Fedor after he loses against Lesnar/Mir (not that he would lose). And UFC would like nothing more than to say, "Told you so! Fedor is overrated!" and close the chapter on the subject. Fedor would not be guaranteed to reenter the UFC to gain back his name after a loss. Despite popular opinion, they may just do that (disallow a return for Fedor in the event of a loss) as they get to finally say, "we have the best fighters in the world". They may not want to chance it by allowing a return. On the other side of this coin, it completely prevents Fedor from doing the same to the UFC. Fedor would have to stay and defend his title exclusively with the UFC in the event of a win. Fedor would not be allowed to fight in other leagues (M-1 most notably, Affliction, DREAM, etc). That's a big deal to Fedor.

Anyone who follows Fedor knows his most important stride is his country. M-1 is the biggest league in Russia. And Fedor has his own Russian army camp, so to speak. His manager promotes M-1 as much as possible (I think his manager either owns or has stake in the league). ****IF**** Fedor gets his "one fight contract", he will come to the most popular venue, and possibly (more likely) beat the UFC champ (my guess is Lesnar). Every notable MMA fan knows of Fedor... but if this happens, every ****** bag will also know of Fedor.... Every single ****** in the world... cause a Lesnar/Fedor fight would be big.... really big....

What does this do to UFC? Well, it definitely wouldn't kill the Giant (thank God, cause I don't know what I'd do without my UFC!!).. Probably wouldn't put more than a dent into the company... but it does mean the following....UFC would have to give the belt to Fedor and then watch him leave with it forever. Then, they would have to make a fake belt and give it back to Lesnar/Mir since Fedor wouldn't be returning. Everyone would know that the UFC champ was not really the champ... and therefore any predecessors would also be questioned. UFC would look stupid. It would also open the question to the casual/decent viewer, "Does UFC have the best fighters?" and/or "maybe I should be tuning in to whatever events Fedor is fighting. They're venue probably has the elite."....

This could be the "Sith Lord" move of all moves..... to act as a catalyst for the roll out of the next big UFC contender....... M-1.... Maybe the US fan base would hesitate to make a sudden move... but the Eastern-international base is just chomping at the bits for the next big PRIDE like venue.... DREAM just ain't cutting it....... Fedor's given fame, + additional ramped up fame through a UFC match, will bring M-1 all the attention in the world....... and with attention.... comes additional investors.... and with investors... comes additional money.... and with additional money.... comes bigger advertising & bigger fighters........who knows... UFC could finally....once and for all.....get a real contender in the fight world....... (which would change the game forever)....... just look at how big PRIDE was.... it was pretty significant... no where near UFC status.... but big internationally.... I think the fan base of MMA has significantly grown since then.... nationally/internationally.... giving a new contender, with just the right amount of Money & potential fan base... a chance at an equal share of the pie.... dun..dun..dun....

I know I'm going to get some hate comments on this... but really think about it.... let it play out in your mind... Fedor's "one fight contract" could spell war......

The UFC doesn't "need" Fedor. It would be better with him but they don't need him. Because of this they are not going to make any concessions. If Fedor wants to prove that he is the best he is going to have to swallow his pride and sign the contract. Maybe he should talk to Couture. He knows all about this contract issue.

The UFC doesn't "need" Fedor. It would be better with him but they don't need him. Because of this they are not going to make any concessions. If Fedor wants to prove that he is the best he is going to have to swallow his pride and sign the contract. Maybe he should talk to Couture. He knows all about this contract issue.

I agree to an extent. The UFC hasn't budged yet.... but the popularity on getting Fedor in has never been so high... UFC has built an animal.... just an enormous fan base animal.... it's amazing what they've achieved.... but now that animal is here... and its hungry.... constantly pressing for food.... Have people wanted Fedor in UFC in the past? Absolutely.... but now, this new Gigantic fan base wants him in.... demands him in..... UFC is getting a lot of pressure for this to happen.... who knows.... they may buckle, and strike a deal.... things change....

I don't see any reason for you to recieve hate comments, your just stressing your opinion.

Erm, maybe the fight would just be a "Superfight" afterall if it's a one off, they then don't have to worry about him walking with the belt?

I also think Fedor would attract so much attention (I mean look at Kimbo) that even if he did lose, I don't think the UFC would say "we have the best fighters, told you so, bye bye Fedor", he would literally rake in the ratings and the cash....

Good post btw :)

A one fight contract deal would gain the UFC NOTHING. Think about it. Why would you pay a fighter a large chunck on money for one fight and then have him leave? Not only that, if he wins all it would do is make your fighters look inferior. If he was to stay after the fight it would be fine, but to have a guy come in and destroy one of your best fighters and then bail would make the UFC look really foolish. It would just be a bad business move IMO

I personally dont htink he should get a title shot right away...that would be my initial question of the one fight contract....he should have to step in and fight the number one contender first.

Hell no son they should have him!!!!

I did say I want to see Fedor fight in the UFC... The real question is basically, "Will the UFC do the one fight contract?". This is what Fedor wants... and he has publicly said he wants to fight the winner of Lesnar/Mir. So there's a lot of pressure for UFC to buckle, and give a one fight deal as Fedor has purposed.

I personally dont htink he should get a title shot right away...that would be my initial question of the one fight contract....he should have to step in and fight the number one contender first.

Good point.

A one fight contract deal would gain the UFC NOTHING. Think about it. Why would you pay a fighter a large chunck on money for one fight and then have him leave? Not only that' date=' if he wins all it would do is make your fighters look inferior. If he was to stay after the fight it would be fine, but to have a guy come in and destroy one of your best fighters and then bail would make the UFC look really foolish. It would just be a bad business move IMO[/quote']

This is my thoughts exactly.... it would be bad for UFC to do a one fight deal. BUT, they do stand to gain something.... They would cash in the biggest PPV event ever.... and satisfy a huge part of the UFC fan base (the most important piece, which is the dedicated fan base). There's a lot of pressure to get this rolling... I'm not sure that the luster has run off the possibility of a Couture vs Fedor bout.... but Fedor is calling out the Lesnar/Mir winner... The UFC will have plenty of Hate mail if they don't make it work....

I agree to an extent. The UFC hasn't budged yet.... but the popularity on getting Fedor in has never been so high... UFC has built an animal.... just an enormous fan base animal.... it's amazing what they've achieved.... but now that animal is here... and its hungry.... constantly pressing for food.... Have people wanted Fedor in UFC in the past? Absolutely.... but now' date=' this new Gigantic fan base wants him in.... demands him in..... UFC is getting a lot of pressure for this to happen.... who knows.... they may buckle, and strike a deal.... things change....[/quote']

Dana is a fight fan and I got to think he really wants to make this happen but I just don't see it. It would be a huge gamble. A one fight contract would be like you said "a war". The UFC vs everyone else coming to conclusion in one fight. They would maintain most of their US fan base if Fedor won but it would cost them $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in fan support over seas. On the flip side it could win them $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in fan support over seas if Fedor lost. Its tough to gamble though when your already on top like the UFC is. Depends on how confident they are in their fighter. Theres a chance maybe if Lesner looks awesome in a win at 100. I don't think the UFC would get behind Mir to fight Fedor though. Just a feeling.

First, great thread and post. i have not heard this debate yet.

i agree with the posters who say this would be a BAD move by the UFC if they allowed a one-fight contract.

If Fedor won and left, it would really make them look bad, regardless of how much $$ that match raked in.

and it would help propel M-1 to new heights...perhaps making them true competition in the near future.

he needs to sign a contract...a multi-fight contact....maybe only 3 fights (so he can get back to his precious little russian m-1 gay base----- sorry, i think europeans are retarded and am somewhat bigoted against them at times), but it has to be a multi-fight contract so he can fight the #1 contender, earn a shot at the belt...and be forced to defend it. that's fair.

agreed. this is the way it works.

I do love Fedor...but I'm not a nut-hugger. you don't just some in and get a title shot, you gotta earn it.

even Lesnar, who is the UFC's new cash cow, had to fight Mir and Herring before he could get a title shot (and only went 1-1 and should NOT have gotten that shot yet BTW).

Fedor should AT LEAST fight the loser of the Lesnar/Mir fight...then the fight the winner if he wins his bought.

Ideally...he comes into the UFC....fights Couture, then Carwin/Cain V., then the winner of Mir/Lesnar.

run the gauntlet win it...if you're the best.

(no point in having him fight big n0g again)

Dana better not be full of himself and take this deal for the fans, we have all been wanting to watch this and i am positive that Fedor would lose to Lesnar. This would be a huge thing for the UFC and every fan would appreciate it point blank whether you like Fedor or not. Fedor needs to show that he is truly the best and that is beating the best in ufc HW division which is Lesnar. If Mir wins i dont care because Fedor would rape him.

Fedor is the best HW on the planet. He's probably the best P4P MMA fighter of all time. It's too bad that he has no interest in proving it in the world's premier MMA organization. I think the UFC should just bite the bullet, offer him a 3 fight contract with guaranteed money to the tune of 2 million per fight. And we could watch Fedor cream the UFC HW division, making 6 million dollars for 3 minutes of fighting. :D

Sign him up! Oh, and on-topic, the 1-fight contract is dumb, who wants to see Fedor beat up Lesnar, and not even try and defend the belt. Could the UFC maybe compromise a 2 fight contract? That'd at least let him defend the belt once.

Dana better not be full of himself and take this deal for the fans' date=' we have all been wanting to watch this and i am positive that Fedor would lose to Lesnar. This would be a huge thing for the UFC and every fan would appreciate it point blank whether you like Fedor or not. Fedor needs to show that he is truly the best and that is beating the best in ufc HW division which is Lesnar. If Mir wins i dont care because Fedor would rape him.[/quote']

well, I think the other side of this debate, and why the UFC may NOT want to allow this one fight contract....

is that while the UFC as a whole has the best and deepest fighters......the HW division has only recently gotten stronger, and is still a mixed bag.

imagine if he actually signed a big multi-fight contract and came to the UFC.

Carwin and Cain V. and Kongo are on thier way...but have a ways to go.

Jones looks promising....but he's a noob.

Fedor should crunch all of them easily. (should).

couture? the fight should be made just for postarity....but Randy is just SO on the downswing.....he just could not win anymore.

N0g?...been there and beat him twice.

Lesnar? he will become probably a superior fighter in time....and he def. COULD present problems to Fedor with his size and wrestling....but Fedor would probably catch him and submit (as Mir will in UFC 100).

Mir? he's a bipolar fighter himself...who has issue with getting up for fights at times.....

but he probably would be the biggest threat to Fedor based on style.

even if you hate Mir, he has the tools and experience to match up with Fedor of anyone in the UFC HW.

and i would probably give it to Fedor.

in all likelyhood....Fedor would come in and mow down the division (which is fine, and I would want to see that and see him prove it)...

so what chance would you give ANY ONE UFC HW fighter against Fedor just one time?

the UFC fighter would be the underdog...

Fedor is the best HW on the planet. He's probably the best P4P MMA fighter of all time. It's too bad that he has no interest in proving it in the world's premier MMA organization.

see, i don't get that.

don't you see the irony/hypocrisy in that statement.

he's the best ever....but he won't prove it?

so....how do you know he is the best?

how do YOU know...not magazines or websites....

Dana better not be full of himself and take this deal for the fans' date=' we have all been wanting to watch this and i am positive that Fedor would lose to Lesnar. This would be a huge thing for the UFC and every fan would appreciate it point blank whether you like Fedor or not. Fedor needs to show that he is truly the best and that is beating the best in ufc HW division which is Lesnar. If Mir wins i dont care because Fedor would rape him.[/quote']

I don't know.... I think Lesnar is obviously a beast.... and may over power Fedor.... but Fedor has fought plenty of "Beast".... Hong Man Choi (notably one).... he's a joke as far as a fighter... but a big strong dude...... He also fought Randleman, who although doesn't have the best record in town.... is pretty strong and fast... he even picked up Fedor and smashed his a$$ in the ring.... Fedor still pulled out the win via submission. Fedor is a submission king... and a grappling expert who has big KO power. Colman (the better version) and Arlovski were also two notably fast paced, strong contenders..... Fedor took them both.....

Mir, as big of a ****** bag he can be..... is an excellent BJJ artist..... and may stand a better chance than Lesnar by wrestling him to the ground and pulling a submission.... tho, even still.... I think Fedor will submit Mir in a heart beat...

I don't know.... I think Lesnar is obviously a beast.... and may over power Fedor.... but Fedor has fought plenty of "Beast".... Hong Man Choi (notably one).... he's a joke as far as a fighter... but a big strong dude...... He also fought Randleman' date=' who although doesn't have the best record in town.... is pretty strong and fast... he even picked up Fedor and smashed his a$$ in the ring.... Fedor still pulled out the win via submission. Fedor is a submission king... and a grappling expert who has big KO power. Colman (the better version) and Arlovski were also two notably fast passed, strong contenders..... Fedor took them both.....

Mir, as big of a ****** bag he can be..... is an excellent BJJ artist..... and may stand a better chance than Lesnar by wrestling him to the ground and pulling a submission.... tho, even still.... I think Fedor will submit Mir in a hear beat...[/quote']

Lesnar would be much more challenging of a fight then Mir, he actually could overpower Fedor (not saying it would happen) while Mir would do nothing.

Just throwing this out there, but does anyone really think Mir is a better BJJ artist then ***? Based on this statement, this will tell you if you need to see more matches with Fedor vs BJJ fighters, because he ruins them in devastating fashion. A hell of a lot of GNP is what happens to their faces.

Just throwing this out there' date=' but does anyone really think Mir is a better BJJ artist then ***? Based on this statement, this will tell you if you need to see more matches with Fedor vs BJJ fighters, because he ruins them in devastating fashion. A hell of a lot of GNP is what happens to their faces.[/quote']

That question is a Joke right? Just making sure, for the record and all.

That question is a Joke right? Just making sure' date=' for the record and all.[/quote']

More like a "wake up, here is some coffee!!!"

Anyone to compare Mir's BJJ with someone like ***, Barnett, zaga, etc. is too much for me to comprehend. I guess we should compare Anderson Silva's wrestling to GSPs while we are at it. Why not compare Brock's BJJ with Demian Maia's? Alistair Overeems striking to Jason MacDonalds?

more like a "wake up' date=' here is some coffee!!!"

anyone to compare mir's bjj with someone like ***, barnett, zaga, etc. Is too much for me to comprehend. I guess we should compare anderson silva's wrestling to gsps while we are at it. Why not compare brock's bjj with demian maia's? Alistair overeems striking to jason macdonalds?[/quote']

oh, you know so many names and are so mma smart!

More like a "wake up' date=' here is some coffee!!!"

Anyone to compare Mir's BJJ with someone like ***, Barnett, zaga, etc. is too much for me to comprehend. I guess we should compare Anderson Silva's wrestling to GSPs while we are at it. Why not compare Brock's BJJ with Demian Maia's? Alistair Overeems striking to Jason MacDonalds?[/quote']

Silva is a FAR better wrestler than GSP!!! ;)

oh' date=' you know so many names and are so mma smart![/quote']

This is not what I am saying at all. It seems you are easily offended though, or have no argument for what I just posted... you decide which one it is :)

see' date=' i don't get that.

how do YOU know...not magazines or websites....[/quote']

see' date=' i don't get that.

how do YOU know...not magazines or websites....[/quote']

How do I know that Fedor is the best? It's just my opinion. Here's the facts: His record is unbelievable. 30-1-(1). One loss due to cut stoppage, one no contest.

And what sets him apart in my book, from other heavyweights, is that he was able to handle Tim Sylvia in 36 seconds, compared to a 25 minute war that Couture had with Sylvia. He KTFO Arlovski in the first round, and has decimated a whole host of other elite competition.

Anyone who can stop Tim Sylvia in 36 seconds has got to be the toughest man on the planet. To me, it's just mind boggling. Sylvia had just enough time to touch gloves before having his **** handed to him. Just try and tell me that Tim Sylvia is a push over? Sylvia is a beast.

The only asterix(*) I have with Fedor is that he does not want to sign with the UFC. As a fan, I agree that until he holds and defends the UFC HW belt, he's just the best HW who has never fought in the best MMA league out there. A pretty big asterix, but I still think he'd clean the floor with Lesnar/Mir/***/ and all other top fighters in the UFC. Hopefully Dana will find a way to sign this guy cause otherwise this discussion will stay theoretical.

Just a question, but, if Fedor has spent most of the past decade ranked as the Worlds top HW, why would/should he need to fight a #1 contender? He is already one of the most established names in mma. I mean, if Brock can get a title shot being 1-1 in the UFC, then why would someone with a 30-1-1 record and widely considered one of the top 2 p4p (if not the best) in the world? That doesn't make much sense to me. Just my opinion, though.

Just a question' date=' but, if Fedor has spent most of the past decade ranked as the Worlds top HW, why would/should he need to fight a #1 contender? He is already one of the most established names in mma. I mean, if Brock can get a title shot being 1-1 in the UFC, then why would someone with a 30-1-1 record and widely considered one of the top 2 p4p (if not the best) in the world? That doesn't make much sense to me. Just my opinion, though.[/quote']

Agreed. If Fedor walked in on the evening of UFC 100, Dana should put an arm around Mirs shoulder and tell him to sit down and enjoy the show while the real champ gets his belt from Lesnar.

Good God this forum has alot of idiots on it today.

This is just Fedor being Fedor, the jack@ZZ he is.

Yes he is a great fighter maybe the best P4P ever.

But really how many times can idiots miss the BS Fedor does just to keep from being in the UFC.

First off he was offered more money by Dana than any fighter ever with a multi year, multi fight contract.

Fedors reply was UFC had to build a headquaters in Russia and co-sponsor with M-1, he had to be allowed to fight when he wanted to for the organizations competing aganst the UFC.

Now these terms, and the re tarded lame excuses, of what he wants.

He is great, and he knows at this stage he would most likely take Brock on experience, he knows a year or 2 down the road Brock with more training has a good chance to beat his @zz.

Fedor might as well run for office, he uses the public opinion so much to word stuff so he looks good.

I'll say it since the rest are scared to FEDOR IS A OVERRATED RUSSIAN POLITICAL PUPPET.

For the person who said Fedor/AA Fedor was not winded yet. I HOPE NOT IT WAS ROUND 1.

For the other Fedor has power, BS, he could not KO N0g 3 times.

Who in this world does not think Brock or Carwin could not KO N0g?

No I dont count Mir's that was staph, for you Mir ****s.

Ya N0g might sub Brock or Carwin, but I think Fedor gets his head crushed in a year by either.

No do't fault the starter of this post as it ia a great look at issues.

Fedor is no more than a great fighter who acts like a punk by using the mma media.

I agree that a one fight contract might not be in the ufc's best interest. If Fedor beat the winner of mir/lesnar, then he should be obligated to defend his belt for at least 2 more fights. Carwin or Velazquez, Kongo or whoever has earned a shot, should be able to contend for the belt. IMO

I agree that a one fight contract might not be in the ufc's best interest. If Fedor beat the winner of mir/lesnar' date=' then he should be obligated to defend his belt for at least 2 more fights. Carwin or Velazquez, Kongo or whoever has earned a shot, should be able to contend for the belt. IMO[/quote']

Nay the UFC just needs to call his bluff.

Simple counter offer.

If he wins he defend 3 times over 2 years at 1 mill a fight, if he loses, he fights 4 times in the UFC over the next 2 and half years, at what Afflicition pays him.

Affliction pays Fedor more then likely, more then a mill. He makes more then it shows on paper by far. Fedor is basically the main draw for Affliction.

Your first post TWW was an interesting one. It was looking at things from a much different angle then the usual posts come at it from. I wouldnt go so far as to call Fedor a coward though. Not a bad post IMO.

First' date=' great thread and post. i have not heard this debate yet.

i agree with the posters who say this would be a BAD move by the UFC if they allowed a one-fight contract.

If Fedor won and left, it would really make them look bad, regardless of how much $$ that match raked in.

and it would help propel M-1 to new heights...perhaps making them true competition in the near future.

he needs to sign a contract...a multi-fight contact....maybe only 3 fights (so he can get back to his precious little russian m-1 gay base----- sorry, i think europeans are retarded and am somewhat bigoted against them at times), but it has to be a multi-fight contract so he can fight the #1 contender, earn a shot at the belt...and be forced to defend it. that's fair.

LOL.......and you are retarded for posting that......

Good God this forum has alot of idiots on it today.

This is just Fedor being Fedor' date=' the jack@ZZ he is.

Yes he is a great fighter maybe the best P4P ever.

But really how many times can idiots miss the BS Fedor does just to keep from being in the UFC.

First off he was offered more money by Dana than any fighter ever with a multi year, multi fight contract.

Fedors reply was UFC had to build a headquaters in Russia and co-sponsor with M-1, he had to be allowed to fight when he wanted to for the organizations competing aganst the UFC.

Now these terms, and the re tarded lame excuses, of what he wants.

He is great, and he knows at this stage he would most likely take Brock on experience, he knows a year or 2 down the road Brock with more training has a good chance to beat his @zz.

Fedor might as well run for office, he uses the public opinion so much to word stuff so he looks good.

I'll say it since the rest are scared to [b']FEDOR IS A OVERRATED RUSSIAN POLITICAL PUPPET.[/b]

For the person who said Fedor/AA Fedor was not winded yet. I HOPE NOT IT WAS ROUND 1.

For the other Fedor has power, BS, he could not KO N0g 3 times.

Who in this world does not think Brock or Carwin could not KO N0g?

No I dont count Mir's that was staph, for you Mir ****s.

Ya N0g might sub Brock or Carwin, but I think Fedor gets his head crushed in a year by either.

No do't fault the starter of this post as it ia a great look at issues.

Fedor is no more than a great fighter who acts like a punk by using the mma media.

Excellent post

Affliction pays Fedor more then likely' date=' more then a mill. He makes more then it shows on paper by far. Fedor is basically the main draw for Affliction.

Your first post TWW was an interesting one. It was looking at things from a much different angle then the usual posts come at it from. I wouldnt go so far as to call Fedor a coward though. Not a bad post IMO.[/quote']

Affliction pays him 300k a fight, the rest is revenue from M-1 sponsorship.

I think he plays to the public, and is very smart in how he does things, so he always looks good, and that he is up for anything.

M-1 payments has never been made public.

Affliction pays him 300k a fight' date=' the rest is revenue from M-1 sponsorship.

I think he plays to the public, and is very smart in how he does things, so he always looks good, and that he is up for anything.[/quote']

I am pretty sure Fedor gets a set amount of money or percentage of what Affliction makes during each show that he fights at. I am almost positive of this, but at the same time, not 100% certain. I do know that the royalties or whatever they would be considered do not show up on "paper" as to how much Fedor made. That is why it says 300K per fight..

Brew has more info on this, sadly that sexy Canadian is not on as much anymore :(

I am pretty sure Fedor gets a set amount of money or percentage of what Affliction makes during each show that he fights at. I am almost positive of this' date=' but at the same time, not 100% certain. I do know that the royalties or whatever they would be considered do not show up on "paper" as to how much Fedor made. That is why it says 300K per fight..

Brew has more info on this, sadly that sexy Canadian is not on as much anymore :([/quote']

Told someone else he made more also till they proved me wrong.

He makes 300k a fight from Affliction, but since he can fly the M-1 banner at the fights and does promo stuff for M-1 for free, because there Russian based, they give him a undisclosed promotional fee, when he fights. Which I bet is at least 2 mill.

Straight from there site:

MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS

? Fedor Emelianenko $300,000 (no win bonus) def. Andre Arlovski $1,500,000 (win bonus would have been $250,000)

Fedor?s payout isn?t a lot but you have to remember M-1 is a sponsor of Affliction and so he makes money in those regards not just from Affliction.

I just heard that he got a certain percentage of shares or something to that affect of the PPV sales... or the total sales of the show, and that his base price was like 300K.

Just saying, if Brew comes on in the next little while, ask him about it. He has "inside" connections with a lot of top rung people.

The problem is though, if fedor was to fight in the ufc an lose his first fight, the majority of fans would write him off. It takes time to adjust to the cage, especially against fighters who can use it to their advantage i.e primarli mua thai fighters and wrestlers, but if fedor was to fight in the ufc i cant really see any fighter posing a shocking threat. Brock Lesnar, hes big, hes athletic, but his ground game is **** and fedor's chin is capable of recieving big hits. I think Fedor would dominate the ufc. If Dana is willing to give Kimbo a ''special contract'' if he wins TUF 10, then why not adjust the fedor agreement? Eeverybody knows that the UFC is where the best fighters are at, but its like any sport, there are competitors. Fedor is a gentleman and will respect an honourable contract. He would dominate the heavyweight division. Brock brought in the new fans, attracted publicity, brought in advertisment etc etc, but its the hardcore fans that matter, those who've been there since day one. We all want FEDOR. make it happen Dana.

The UFC built their fanbase using hardcore fans. Basically what is good for the hardcore fans (for the most part) is good for the business. The hardcore fans want certain things because it usually means the furthering of the company, and in this case it would. The Hardcore fans usually have influence as well over the less knowledgeable fans...

At least this is how I see it. This works in most sports as well I find.

This would be the biggest fight in history, but i think we should wait and see what happens when he fights one of his long time friends Josh Barnett before givin him a title fight in the UFC. Barnett is of the best Heavyweights in MMA and to reply on the (he should fight the #1 contender in the UFC 1st) BUD!! Fedor has earned and deserves a title shot vs any heavyweight in any organization in the world, he's #1 ranked heavyweight. He dont need to prove himself and fight a #1 contender , the # 1 conterders have to fight him. It's Just a matter of time before Fedor fights the UFC Champ. I predict that to be eighter Brock Lesner or Cain Velasquez. I say Cain destroys Congo, crocop ko's al turk, Brock hurts Mir, and Carwin wins his next fight vs De santos or someone. By the end of the year Cain will be champ, so if u want to see a Fedor vs Lesner fight u better hope it happens sooner than later.

Just like any1 else fight for the belt 2 maybe 3 fights .If he absolutaly dominates then like any1 else he gets the belt thus KING of the hill status.

I just wrote an editorial on exactly this subject last week. A one fight deal might hurt one side or the other a little bit, but it's ONE FIGHT and if it's vs. Brock it's probably the biggest draw in mma history. How badly can it really hurt? One is the greatest fighter in the world, the other is the greatest promotion. It's not like a one fight deal can end their career or put them out of business. Non- title fight. Make it happen.

If UFC got Fedor Emelianenko they would completely own MMA, which they almost do anyway. But while Fedor is out there he is like a rebel fighting the system, get him in to UFC and it would be massive. It would bring in viewers who have never reallywatched UFC before, it would be the biggest even in MMA history. A Fedor vs Lesnar fight would make more money than UFC could turn down, not that UFC need money but it would probably more than double any other PPV earning that UFC has ever made. And if Fedor only wants a one fight contract then screw him over and DQ him for headbutting or something, because thats the only way Lesnar or Mir would win.