Sign in to follow this  
one_zero_five

UFC - Making a big mistake? (Fedor)

It could happen' date=' Barnett's a well rounded, tough, SOB. No pushover by a long shot. Im waiting for this fight.[/quote']

I've never see Barnett fight but I've heard he's a decent fighter. But I think we all expect a Fedor win.

(If The Fight Ever Happened)

If Lesnar takes Fedor down,(most likely he will) Fedor WILL win by armbar. Look at how he caught Coleman in the first fight, that **** was beautiful. Fedor can armbar anybody in the HW division. I know Lesnar wont be able to resist the double-leg. Plus, Fedor has some crazy punches which gives him respectable knockout power.

Also, I think Mir would give Fedor a better fight than Brock, for the simple fact that Mir understands submissions very well and he'd be able to defend and counter Fedor's submissions. How can anyone count out Frank when he defeated Minotauro the way he did?

(If The Fight Ever Happened)

If Lesnar takes Fedor down' date='(most likely he will) Fedor WILL win by armbar. Look at how he caught Coleman in the first fight, that **** was beautiful. Fedor can armbar anybody in the HW division. I know Lesnar wont be able to resist the double-leg. Plus, Fedor has some crazy punches which gives him respectable knockout power.

Also, I think Mir would give Fedor a better fight than Brock, for the simple fact that Mir understands submissions very well and he'd be able to defend and counter Fedor's submissions. How can anyone count out Frank when he defeated Minotauro the way he did?[/quote']

That armbar was great!! Man was Colman fuming.... And for good reason... he looked like he actually stood a chance.... but that's common in Fedor's fights. Look at Arlovski; he was winning in my opinion. Made a flying mistake, and got shot down. Randleman's fight was awesome, for the little time it lasted. He picked up Fedor and slammed his a$$... completely dominated.... that is until he tapped to a kimura. At the end of the day, Fedor is a precision fighter. He'll find an opening and make you pay. I'm torn on the better opponent (Mir/Lesnar). Lesnar has so much power... and super quick. He's a force to be reckoned with for sure. But at the end of the day, I think he'll be submitted by Fedor with ease if they go to the floor. Mir has BJJ to play with, but again, I think Fedor has better submission & striking skills... Mir would just be out matched in all areas of his game.

Fedor seems to be strongest on the ground. His submission & grappling game far out match his stand up. And yes I know he has plenty of notable KO's, but he seems to get out worked on his feet. This would give Lesnar the big advantage over Mir. Yes, Mir did good with Minotauro on his feet... but Lesnar has far more striking power that Mir (not to mention his capability to get right in on his opponent). Lesnar rushes and jumps right in on the action. Of course, this could change over time.

I'm curious to know why this got moved to "out side the UFC"... this is all about the UFC... it even has "UFC" in the thread title. The whole thing is about the upcoming decisions UFC might be making and the possible impact on the MMA world... WTF?

O well, not that important.

I agree with you on the point that there should be no one fight contract.It would spell disater for heavyweights if Fedor pulled it off.I watched the last Affliction against Arlovski and wasnt really that impressed by Fedor.Yeah he caught him.But Arlovski was getting the best of him.So I think Lesnar or Mir would have an excellant chance to defeat him.If Fedor wants to be the best he should prove and just take a three or five fight contract.

It could happen' date=' Barnett's a well rounded, tough, SOB. No pushover by a long shot. Im waiting for this fight.[/quote']

Barnett is big and slow. He's a good catch wrestler but catch wrestling is best in the clinch. To enter the clinch Barnett would need to enter into a world of pain at the end of Fedor's punches. Fedor is alot quicker and alot more explosive standing. I see an early KO, again.