Sign in to follow this  
PipRock

ufc should've brought back Arlovski huh??

this goes out to those who hated on strikeforce and talked how only ufc has the worthwhile talent...

a mid-level strikeforce newcomer just blew right through your ufc former champ. i'm curious, what do the ufc huggers and strikeforce haters have to say now??

strikeforce just put on a MUCH better show than i've seen from ufc in a while. my brother's still all into boxing and i said 2 years ago that showtime was gonna be bigger than hbo in the next few years. i'm believing in strikeforce and nick diaz. They're for real.

this goes out to those who hated on strikeforce and talked how only ufc has the worthwhile talent...

a mid-level strikeforce newcomer just blew right through your ufc former champ. i'm curious' date=' what do the ufc huggers and strikeforce haters have to say now??

strikeforce just put on a MUCH better show than i've seen from ufc in a while. my brother's still all into boxing and i said 2 years ago that showtime was gonna be bigger than hbo in the next few years. i'm believing in strikeforce and nick diaz. They're for real.[/quote']

SO you are saying...IF a former UFC fighter gets beat by another fighter outside the UFC...UFC Sucks? and Strikeforce is better?

whos hating now?

a mid-level strikeforce newcomer just blew right through your ufc former champ. i'm curious' date=' what do the ufc huggers and strikeforce haters have to say now[/b']??

strikeforce just put on a MUCH better show than i've seen from ufc in a while. my brother's still all into boxing and i said 2 years ago that showtime was gonna be bigger than hbo in the next few years. i'm believing in strikeforce and nick diaz. They're for real.

I suspect with the first bolded paragraph that you are talking about Brett R/AA... I can say that we all know the UFCs HW division has been weak for a very long time. I agree with you 100% on this, and I will back you up until I, as well as yourself, are proven wrong. If you are speaking of someone else though that night, then I dont know who you are talking about.. I am just taking an educated guess though.

As for this card being good, the UFC's last card was excellent, so was 95, and 96 was alright as well. 94 Was a strong card, and 97 just had a poor main event, much like this card did.

I still dont think Nick Diaz would hang very well with the MWs of the UFC, or for that matter the world. I do think he would PWN Lawler though... like a little school girl vs a bear... but worse.

All this proves to me is that the Fedor KO of Arlovsky wasnt so great after all.

Not sure why but it seems Andre has been leaving himself wide open lately.

He has officially earned himself gatekeeper status IMO...

I knew AA's loss would somehow affect Fedor. Now it is time for the bandwagoners to say that Fedor is not that good and he will lose to anyone IN DA UFCZ!

no offense BJJ BB.

I knew AA's loss would somehow affect Fedor. Now it is time for the bandwagoners to say that Fedor is not that good and he will lose to anyone IN DA UFCZ!

no offense BJJ BB.

None taken...

Fedors great , Im just talking about his last fight with Arlovsky. not anyone beofre that..

Brett Rogers impressed me before and after this fight I was left very impressed. Granted he caught Arlovski and it can happen to anyone, Rogers has shown some serious knock out power and I personally think that with a little bit more experience, say a year or so, he could compete with the top 10 heavy weights in the world. As of right now I bet he would lose to guys like Fedor, Barnett, or any of the top 5 UFC heavy weights.

On the subject of Strikeforce vs. UFC, you can't possibly say that tonight's card was better than any of the UFC cards put together in the past year. If you look at Strikeforce's roster, it is obvious that half of their fighters are either washed up ex-UFC guys, or inexperienced newcomers who are just about on the same level as the TUF guys. Granted Strikeforce has some talent such as Jake Shields, Lawler, Nick Diaz, Rogers, Le, and Overeem they still aren't on the level of the elite competition that the UFC offers. This card had some good fights but I think pretty much every UFC card I have seen in the past year has had better fights (besides the main event at 97, that totally sucked, the rest of the card was decent though).

All this proves to me is that the Fedor KO of Arlovsky wasnt so great after all.

Not sure why but it seems Andre has been leaving himself wide open lately.

He has officially earned himself gatekeeper status IMO...

Fedor's ko was with ONE shot! AA didin't wake up for nearly two minutes.

Yep ' date=' thats what usually happens when you leave yourself wide open like that...[/quote']

AA should be back in UFC ......................as a stepping stone for up and comers.

I think Rogers should fight Alistair Overeem next. If he destroys Overeem... and maybe finds a match with Werdum.. that would basically cement him as a top 7 or 6...

Then he needs to find himself someone like........................... Randy Couture... and murder him. Or Frank Mir.. but then again, Mir would use his flying submission skills to somehow become the greatest leet MMA fighter known to mankind... because that is how good he is.

I think Rogers should fight Alistair Overeem next. If he destroys Overeem... and maybe finds a match with Werdum.. that would basically cement him as a top 7 or 6...

Then he needs to find himself someone like........................... Randy Couture... and murder him. Or Frank Mir.. but then again' date=' Mir would use his flying submission skills to somehow become the greatest leet MMA fighter known to mankind... because that is how good he is[/b'].

Agreed.

Then he needs to find himself someone like........................... Randy Couture... and murder him. Or Frank Mir.. but then again' date=' Mir would use his flying submission skills to somehow become the greatest leet MMA fighter known to mankind... because that is how good he is.[/quote']

I love it. AA is becoming a great loser. No crying this time. hahaha Now we understand why Dana said goodbye.

I love it. AA is becoming a great loser. No crying this time. hahaha Now we understand why Dana said goodbye.

Crying? What crying? and Dana didn't say goodbye, Arlovski said goodbye.

So get your facts straight first.

i agree. i never said arlovski should be back in ufc.

and the past ufc's weren't worth the bucks. man i'm telling it for real. i'm watching ufc's on free sites lately, and when i do buy it live, i'm always like, ehhhhh... that's for real. been watching them for years. they also have a lot of fights with their newer talents and they're not so great.

nick diaz is a crazy good fighter. elite level, face it. he still has a bad habit of sticking his head out, but he's one of the best. no doubt. face the music. smell the coffee.

and affliction co-promoting with strikeforce... winner of roger's/overeem vs. winner of fedor/barnett.

hopefully nick diaz vs cung le

eddie alvarez

ufc has real competition in the near future. they're battling against showtime/cbs. watch their talent pool grow and embrace the truth. it's happening. and i'll say i told you so.

Strikeforce is not that big... I dont know what you are talking about. Comparing it to the UFC, it is like comparing a drop of water to a lake... big difference.

Nick Diaz is not elite either, he is good... but how can you call him Elite? He had trouble staying top 10... that is if he even was top 10 in the UFCs WW division. He would never cut it in the MW division... and whooping Lawler again wouldnt prove that either. Put Diaz vs Shields in a match, that would be interesting to see...

All of the past UFCs this year were above and beyond that show. Geez, the undercards that the UFC showed were better then that. The UFCs talent pool is unbelievable compared to Strikeforces.. The only thing the UFC would want from Strikeforce that I can see is Shields, Overeem, and Gina Carano.

That is all.

Crying? What crying? and Dana didn't say goodbye' date=' Arlovski said goodbye.

So get your facts straight first.[/quote']

You're right AA was singing he was so happy. hahaha You're all so right, Dana beg AA to stay. Shesh dude AA is fineto, at this point he should be arrested for impersonating a fighter. lol

It's a shame, I used to like watching Arlovski fight but it has to be said, he's this weeks Chuck Liddell, his game has been shot to bits and he's getting knocked out far to often by guys he should give healthy competition to on paper. Maybe his time is up, once you become the gate keeper it's time to go.

It's a shame' date=' I used to like watching Arlovski fight but it has to be said, he's this weeks Chuck Liddell, his game has been shot to bits and he's getting knocked out far to often by guys he should give healthy competition to on paper. Maybe his time is up, once you become the gate keeper it's time to go.[/quote']

Agreed. I also liked him but he was never fluid. I thought he was allways to mechanical.

Other org.s are needed 2 keep fighters getting paid right. And 4 out of the 5 fights on showtime turned out 2 be good 1z only the first fight sucked.Due 2 the lazy wrestler style fans really do dislike 1 dementional wrestlers listen 2 them boo everytime a 1 dementional wrestler keeps a guy on his back in any fight! And 2 tell everyone the truth i am glad i can watch 2 cards in 1 weekend even if not 1 of them is ufc.I like the FIGHT not the CORPS behind it they are the EVIL of the world...Another thing is i hope for 3 more diffrent mma org.s 2 add to the 1z we see already.4 to 5 fight cards a weekend would rock.And how else do you find new talent by letting the same ol names fight over n over again?No you actually let no names fight till they earn a name.How many no names are in the ufc?Not many just old schoolers and some tuf members.We need more oppurtunity out there for fresh fighters 2 come up threw!

Strikeforce is not that big... I dont know what you are talking about. Comparing it to the UFC' date=' it is like comparing a drop of water to a lake... big difference. [/quote']

oh, i'm saying in the future. and in the future i mean 1-2 years. so not too long. i'm not so overly impressed with ufc's new talent. and i'm not just ufc bashing, been a fan for years. i know when i'm getting my money's worth.

strikeforce is getting hot. i like their look. the fights are exciting. i don't care if they rotate the same 10 fighters, they're putting on good shows. the last 5-6 ufc's weren't worth the bucks. i paid for 2 of em and watched the other's and they were nothing to brag about.

ufc will always be the best. i'm not doubting that. just keeping it real.

you will see...

and i'd like to see nick diaz vs anderson silva. won't happen though. and no way he goes against his boy shields.

joe riggs looked fundamently sound. i always thought he looked uncomfortable in ufc. he wasn't uncomfortable last night. baroni was a punching bag, as always, and gassed early. i don't know. his cardio is the worst i've ever seen. EVER.

hey, i don't have any reason to route for one org over another. i just call it how i see it. ufc 94 was horrible, and i've been taking strong notes on the ever since. when they get better, i'll say so. for now, i like strikeforce coming up. they're giving me my mma fix.

This KO should in no way be compared to or diminish the quality and power of the punch that Fedor hit AA with. Rogers hit him pretty hard but Fedor hit him like a battering ram.

This KO should in no way be compared to or diminish the quality and power of the punch that Fedor hit AA with. Rogers hit him pretty hard but Fedor hit him like a battering ram.

Apparently you saw the Grim and Fedor fight. i couldn't agree more

Fedor is not an arm puncher. Look very carefully at him when he throws a shot. 1) He turns his hips 2) he pushes off his back foot. Thats the whole body into it. MMA guys don't do that. They have this"superman punch" etc... MMA has a long ways to go in the stand up dept.

Fedor is not an arm puncher. Look very carefully at him when he throws a shot. 1) He turns his hips 2) he pushes off his back foot. Thats the whole body into it. MMA guys don't do that. They have this"superman punch" etc... MMA has a long ways to go in the stand up dept.

That's text book striking. Watching that is like watching Antoni Hardonk or Thiago Alves through leg kicks. They have perfect technique

... You do realize there are K-1 Strikers in MMA right?

oh' date=' i'm saying in the future. and in the future i mean 1-2 years. so not too long. i'm not so overly impressed with ufc's new talent. and i'm not just ufc bashing, been a fan for years. i know when i'm getting my money's worth.

strikeforce is getting hot. i like their look. the fights are exciting. i don't care if they rotate the same 10 fighters, they're putting on good shows. the last 5-6 ufc's weren't worth the bucks. i paid for 2 of em and watched the other's and they were nothing to brag about.

ufc will always be the best. i'm not doubting that. just keeping it real.

you will see...

and i'd like to see nick diaz vs anderson silva. won't happen though. and no way he goes against his boy shields.

joe riggs looked fundamently sound. i always thought he looked uncomfortable in ufc. he wasn't uncomfortable last night. baroni was a punching bag, as always, and gassed early. i don't know. his cardio is the worst i've ever seen. EVER.

hey, i don't have any reason to route for one org over another. i just call it how i see it. ufc 94 was horrible, and i've been taking strong notes on the ever since. when they get better, i'll say so. for now, i like strikeforce coming up. they're giving me my mma fix.[/quote']

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

I believe that event last night was terrible and only one match actually lived up to any hype. Shields basically raped Lawler, who is one of the most overrated MWs in the world. Shields was outpointing him on the feet, and got the better of the grappling... except the one takedown attempt he had (I believe it was one).

As for this event being better then 94, I just cannot see how that is possible. GSP vs BJ was better then Shields vs Lawler, and a lot more exciting. Machida/Silva was a lot better then AA/Rogers, and almost every fight that night went to a decision, and was exciting to boot. I just dont see how 94, 95, and 98, could possibly be worse then this event. To say that really confuses me.

You had 3 or 4 fighters gassing in this event. Nick Diaz wants to fight Cung Le, which really means nothing at all in the world of MMA. It might make Diaz a top 10 MW, but I doubt that. The super fight was a super let down as well... 1 round, and it was an **** whoopin.

Fedor did give AA the glass chin!But recognize rogers 10 and 0 record is 9 KOs do the math...

Fedor did give AA the glass chin!But recognize rogers 10 and 0 record is 9 KOs do the math...

I like what I saw. 10 wins and 0 defeats with 9kos.....thats good in my book. I'll be watch'n and rooten for the guy.

i jus went back and watched the replay,and arlovski had watery eyes.does that count?

didnt read any posts, just wanted to say that....

YES, Arlovski was hurt, but it WAS stopped early. the guy was rocked, but didnt even get put down all the way. he took like 3 solid shots, his legs gave out (pretty typical AA chin lol) then he drops to all fours. i think Big John shouldve let it go on for about 5 more seconds. to see if there wouldve been any recovery.

for all we know AA couldve tried a takedown from there and Rogers wouldve possibly backed off, allowing AA up. knowing that AA is FAR better on the ground then he is.

early stoppage imo.

It just shows honestly that Arlovski was past his prime when he left the UFC... all you have to do is tap his chin and hes dreamin... and yes going back to Fedor he ONLY fights has beens and people past their prime...

Wow I must be a fortune teller. I knew that if AA lost' date=' this would some how affect Fedor... in the world of Hizoka of course.[/quote']

i said last week him losing would further prove that Fedor fights has bens you said Andre was number 3 yet was just KOed by a guy that is not on most top 10 lists... hes got a glass jaw and gets KOed easier then Chuck now

Fair enough... but why are you gloating so much? You got a fight wrong that I got right and I could care less about shoving it in your face..

I raped you in all of the recent UFC fantasy's and you are calling me out on this? Who cares... we are making probable bets. You got Hughes and Serra wrong... boo hoo hoo... does it matter? No.

didnt read any posts' date=' just wanted to say that....

YES, Arlovski was hurt, but it WAS stopped early. the guy was rocked, but didnt even get put down all the way. he took like 3 solid shots, his legs gave out (pretty typical AA chin lol) then he drops to all fours. i think Big John shouldve let it go on for about 5 more seconds. to see if there wouldve been any recovery.

for all we know AA couldve tried a takedown from there and Rogers wouldve possibly backed off, allowing AA up. knowing that AA is FAR better on the ground then he is.

early stoppage imo.[/quote']

Agreed.

I'm not taking anything away from Rogers, he did the job.

Arlovski had a glass chin his hole career

QFT its just always broken and he uses really crappy super glue to keep it from breaking now... and it does not work

Just like i said arlovski = garbage haha thats right arloskivako or whatever your stupid name is i was right eat that **** and like it.you and all your gay but buddies were gangib up talkin crap and wow look whop was right so next time you wanna talk crap you should actually know something before tryin to bust someones balls who is a rael mma fan.

Arlovski proves again why if he stayed in ufc he woulda got cut anyway hes garbage and was over rated frankly it was fun watching him get chumped out by a guy who i knew would crush him .

And that was... cold-blooded~

i have never claimed to be nice... i am just honest... dude brings slow to another level...

and only 4 days late... how does it feel to be that slow?
wow your a ****** haha neway it wasnt directed to your stupidity so i could care less and its 4 days or what ev old cuz i just got my comp hooked back up so what ev get a life.this was directed to a group of idiots who were completely wrong who said i knew nothing and they bet i wouldnt come on here after rodgers lost well guess what arlovskis glass chin got broke again and those ****s are no where to be found but surely enough u took there place so congrats on winnimh a hole of the day lmao....

exactly rodgers ko'd him faster but fedors was a one shot ko for like 5 mins lmao oh wait let me guess all you arlovski band wagoneers are going to say arlovski was winning that fight to until he got his head knocked off again lol ****ing rookies lollmao

exactly rodgers ko'd him faster but fedors was a one shot ko for like 5 mins lmao oh wait let me guess all you arlovski band wagoneers are going to say arlovski was winning that fight to until he got his head knocked off again lol ****ing rookies lollmao

You're off the wall, dude. Straight up off the wall.