Sign in to follow this  
The_Q

i just don't seen any of these Fighters, except Demarques, ever doing much in the UFC

none of the others impress me enough to think they could be legitamate contenders in the UFC.

maybe in a few years for a few of them (Ross).....but just not very impressed over all.

maybe after the show when they really start training and getting into better gyms? I dunno.

i just don't see a star emerging from this pack expect maybe demarques....and he needs to work on his cardio.

none of the others impress me enough to think they could be legitamate contenders in the UFC.

maybe in a few years for a few of them (Ross).....but just not very impressed over all.

maybe after the show when the really start training and getting into better gyms? I dunno.

i just don't see a start emerging from this pack expect maybe demarques....and he needs to work on his cardio.

Ross will be a future contender for the LW title IMHO

yah...I wanna see how Ross finishes the show....he some skill and is very strong.

overall....i just don't see start power this season.

It's hard to say who'll do what. IMHO, most of the fighters that win TUF look like pure crap compared to alot of the guys that are already in the UFC. But afterwards if they get a good camp, like Rashad and Forrest did, they can turn into contenders for sure.

I agree, I think DeMarques really didn't look as awesome as the US team thought he was going to be last week. Great fight though his cardio and some of his striking are going to need some major work. He looks good enough to do well in TUF but to be 'a legitimate contender'? I don't think so, Ross is the only one who looks close to good enough to really go anywhere.

The reason the fighters dont seem very impressive is because half of them are from the UK.

OOOOH did i say that?

Yeah, what's the other team's excuse?

I see alot of potental in fighters this TUF.Maybe not alot of star power but alot of these guys could be good fighters in the UFC.With every fighter whether one the show or not doesn't show the real potental until they get with a good camp.Basicaly for me the show is used not only for seeing which fighter could make an impression with the UFC...it also is used for camps to find fighters as well.So to say that there are no fighters except for 1 or 2 that can make it in the UFC is not justified.Who knows what will happen in a couple years. You might see the front runners from TUF get into the UFC and show that what they displayed in TUF was their limit as to what they can do.And others who did not show anything might turn out better than the one who showed potental.Thats what makes MMA so great.Some of the fighters turn out to be great and other well you know.

I will reserve judgement on this till its over , but Damarques definatley has a future regardless if he wins the whole show imo and Nicks display cant have done him any harm either , also would like to see Mr F . Lester get a chance as his character is that of someone you got to like over the course of the show and the heart of a true warrior imo , i have to admit the man has been one of the names i wont forget from this series for all the right reasons though [ not like a Browning ] .

Yeah' date=' what's the other team's excuse?[/quote']

Wow. That was a turn around.

The UK team looks pretty solid IMO. They did from day one. They have been hounded with injuries, and silly hammer ideas. Some of them lacked confidence.

The US team didnt get to have the team they were looking for, which is sad. A lot of their team was ousted because of medical problems or not making weight.

I also believe that Andre Winner and Jeff Lawson as well as Dave Faulkner will be seen in the future too. They all have some serious skills

Richie, Demarques and possibly Dent and Dollar from the US team may also do fairly well in the UFC with a bit more training.

I also believe that Andre Winner and Jeff Lawson as well as Dave Faulkner will be seen in the future too. They all have some serious skills

Richie' date=' Demarques and possibly Dent and Dollar from the US team may also do fairly well in the UFC with a bit more training.[/quote']

Completely agree. The guys aren't impressive to guys who only watch UFC and not other smaller or even local fights. There is massive potential in that house with just about all of the guys. With a good full time camp I think most will do well.

Demarques has impressed me the most too, and while he would probally get stomped at first in the ufc as is now, I think he has what it takes to make it for a while, and hopefully will get into a great training place to take it to the next level, he has skill all around.

Ross looks good too. Not so much impressed with too many others, at least in the sence that they may be future contenders at a much higher level

Richie' date=' Demarques and possibly Dent and Dollar from the US team may also do fairly well in the UFC with a bit more training.[/quote']

i agree with you completely on every account apart from faulkner , he was embaressing to watch IMO and looks like one of those fighters who can do it all in training but as soon as it comes to the fight his **** falls out

i agree with you completely on every account apart from faulkner ' date=' he was embaressing to watch IMO and looks like one of those fighters who can do it all in training but as soon as it comes to the fight his **** falls out[/quote']

True, but I think its a case of lack of real fights when it comes to Faulkner. You can train all day, but unless you are contstantly putting those drills and skills to work in a real time environment, then you are shorting yourself some real experience that matters. I think that is what we witnessed with Faulkner, skills but lack of experience won out.

Yeah if Nick would have done better in the wrestling game, I believe he could have pulled that out against Demarques. Demarques has slightly better cardio, but a completely better wrestling game. Demarques did the smart thing in that fight though, and he very much deserved that W.

I know I'm kicking a dead horse, but that seems to be a trend here so I'll go with it. Faulkners problem is all in his head. Once he gets that sorted out, I think he will go somewhere. Ross is a stud to say the least. Dollar just has some maturing to do. Get home off the breast milk and he will do well IMO. Richie has a bright future IMO as well. The others pretty much speak for themselves I think. I don't think there are any that I don't see as having the potential to become good fighters. Only time will tell though.

maybe after the show when they really start training and getting into better gyms? I dunno.

i just don't see a star emerging from this pack expect maybe demarques....and he needs to work on his cardio.

IT APPEARS THAT THE ufc HAS TAKEN US ALL FOR DUMB AZZES.....They get the weakest americans to take on the UK's best so they can expand their rein in Europe.I had hoped that we would never see the fix in the UFC but I'm sorry to say....THE FIXIS IN MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT APPEARS THAT THE ufc HAS TAKEN US ALL FOR DUMB AZZES.....They get the weakest americans to take on the UK's best so they can expand their rein in Europe.I had hoped that we would never see the fix in the UFC but I'm sorry to say....THE FIXIS IN MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another wonderfully thought out and brilliant first post!!!

EPIC PHAIL!!!!!

80635837.jpg

Damarques is arrogant, overrated and has peaked.He is lacking in intelligence and will only have limited success. Nick Osipczak has brains and skills and when he gets stronger and fitter will be a force to be reckoned with. He only needed 10% more power and strength and he would have knocked Mr Ego out. If Michael can just knock Hendo out My world will be complete

Damarques is arrogant' date=' overrated and has peaked.He is lacking in intelligence and will only have limited success. Nick Osipczak has brains and skills and when he gets stronger and fitter will be a force to be reckoned with. He only needed 10% more power and strength and he would have knocked Mr Ego out. If Michael can just knock Hendo out My world will be complete[/quote']

Agreed.

Damarques is arrogant' date=' overrated and has peaked.He is lacking in intelligence and will only have limited success. Nick Osipczak has brains and skills and when he gets stronger and fitter will be a force to be reckoned with. He only needed 10% more power and strength and he would have knocked Mr Ego out. If Michael can just knock Hendo out My world will be complete[/quote']

Nice post from TheNiceman :)

Nicks a Beanpole lol but he has really surprised me in his fights and his heart is def big.

QUOTE=TheNiceman;75922]Damarques is arrogant, overrated and has peaked.He is lacking in intelligence and will only have limited success. Nick Osipczak has brains and skills and when he gets stronger and fitter will be a force to be reckoned with. He only needed 10% more power and strength and he would have knocked Mr Ego out. If Michael can just knock Hendo out My world will be complete

epic_truck_fail.gif[

I'm surprised so few of you seem to rate Andre Winner. For me he has had the best, most professional stand up skills so far, an intelligent approach to his fights, excellent takedown defence and very decent sub skills. All this, plus he has decent power and by far the best fitness so far.

In contrast, though I like him alot, Pearson got tagged quite often against dent, his cardio was suffering and I was disappointed in the power he showed in his striking. Minus the striking comment, the same is applicable to Demarques.

As for potential, for me Winner has everything you need to excel in the ufc if he gets with a really good camp as does Demarques. Plus, I think Cameron Dollar has a whole load of potential ready to be exploited

Are you serious? I would hate to know what you could do if you had a brain!

For Marine man - re Tony Blair, cos I forgot to click "Quote this"

Haha, he stopped being the PM a long time ago! We have a guy called Gordon Brown now. You guys traded in a Fiat Punto and got a Ferrari (potentially). We traded in a Mercedes and got a skateboard.

For Marine man - re Tony Blair' date=' cos I forgot to click "Quote this"

Haha, he stopped being the PM a long time ago! We have a guy called Gordon Brown now. You guys traded in a Fiat Punto and got a Ferrari (potentially). We traded in a Mercedes and got a skateboard.[/quote']

LMAO!!! I dont think we got a Ferrari, maybe a Lincoln, but not a Ferrari. As far as Blair goes, I hope he still has some pull, I love that guy.

good season... fingers crossed you get arsenic poisoning

WTF? LOL

Off the forum for a few hours and when I come back, Iwish is now Hizoka??? Holy Twilight zone Batman

I am still the good guy... but saying this season of TUF sucked is just completely unfair, and not true.

There were some great fighters this year, and i believe a lot of them have some decent potential.

As for the guy who said what he said... I thought it was deserved :)

cumon man you cant be serious demarcus isn't even that good..ross and andre look better then him if ross stepped up to welter he would woop demarcus..they are the best 3 tho johnson winner and pearson

"There were some great fighters this year, and i believe a lot of them have some decent potential."

Go back and watch seasons 1 and 2. Way tougher and better fighters.

If I recall, the tryouts were in Seattle? Or somewhere. But, I cannot at all seriously believe these are the best they could muster. Being in the midwest, and doing some fun stuff/training to help guys out, I know a LOT of fighters around here that would have fared MUCH better on that show.

Whether they did now about tryouts (not heavily advertised) or guys just don't see it as worth it (money, time, committment), this was by far one of the weaker fields (in USA terms) fielded by TUF.

Again, if you don't believe me, rewatch some of the earlier TUFs.

A couple stand outs this season for the home team. And demarques is about to win a contract how is that no future?The only stand out is the brit with a bloodline on the uk side and he has yet to fight...

A couple stand outs this season for the home team. And demarques is about to win a contract how is that no future?The only stand out is the brit with a bloodline on the uk side and he has yet to fight...

I think that is called a little soon. Johnson has the odds on Wilks but he won't be walking through him. Demarques was favored throughout the season but I didn't find him that impressive.

I think Demarques may get a shock from Wilks so we'll see but with potential to make a career our of UFC and watching some of the undercard fights of late I'd say the following make some money if not be successful (in no particular order)

Demarques

Lester

Pearson

Winner

i think wilks is gonna beat demarques....d has poor stamina if nick had better stamina he would have wooped demarques but wilks has good stamina...and why does everybody think johnson is good he is decent end of!! if pearson or winner stepped up to welter johnson would get brutally raped

I think Wilks and Demarques is going to come down to the stand up, and D's stand up... well... not that good... he also has a chin that is very questionable.

D wont win this fight on the ground either IMO, mainly because Wilks has a VERY solid ground game.

It seems to me that people think that this season sucked because there were no antics inside the house. I thought this season went very well. Everyone that came in (excluding Pierce) seemed very talented. Just because no one peed in someone else's fruit platter doesn't mean that they can't eventually go on to a successful career in the UFC. In addition, just because a fighter doesn't win the whole show doesn't mean that they will never get a shot at being in UFC. I agree with G_Row that I think there were some very good fighters to come out of this season and overall it was a good season.

I think some of you were looking for more "low brow" entertainment and are upset because you didn't get it.

It seems to me that people think that this season sucked because there were no antics inside the house. I thought this season went very well. Everyone that came in (excluding Pierce) seemed very talented. Just because no one peed in someone else's fruit platter doesn't mean that they can't eventually go on to a successful career in the UFC. In addition' date=' just because a fighter doesn't win the whole show doesn't mean that they will never get a shot at being in UFC. I agree with G_Row that I think there were some very good fighters to come out of this season and overall it was a good season.

I think some of you were looking for more "low brow" entertainment and are upset because you didn't get it.[/quote']

good post. We got Big brother for that in UK!