Sign in to follow this  
The_Q

i just don't seen any of these Fighters, except Demarques, ever doing much in the UFC

It always amazes me when folks get all worked up in these forums. That being said...I was really impressed with Wilks' efforts in the finals and never was very impressed with Demarques. He certainly has some potential but my expectations on him were never very high. I'm sure we'll see him again but he'll not be contender of any kind.

Don't Count him yet! He has skills and a lot of potential. He just needs time.

As far as Wilks goes. I had him picked as a sleeper from the start. Until his last fight where I just outright picked him as the winner. That guy has skills

none of the others impress me enough to think they could be legitamate contenders in the UFC.

maybe in a few years for a few of them (Ross).....but just not very impressed over all.

maybe after the show when they really start training and getting into better gyms? I dunno.

i just don't see a star emerging from this pack expect maybe demarques....and he needs to work on his cardio.

It was great to see DaMarques Johnson get what he deserved as he was picked apart by one of the brits that didn't impress you much. It was like watching a half drunk amature going against a trained fighter. I laughed so hard I almost fell off my chair, and cheered like crazy when DaMarques Johnson's poor effort came to an end, just like I hoped it would.

I think Demarques is chock full of raw talent... like most of the US guys... but the Brits were much more technical. I said it in another post, I cheered for whoever won. I don't like to pick sides and make predictions (I should add "Often" to be safe). I thought Wilkes was amazing against Johnson and Ross was a total animal!

I expect we'll hear more from the other guys in a year or two. I'd love to see that guy who KO'ed himself come back... that guy was actually doing pretty well.

From G_row himself no less " With the growing number of people posting on this site' date=' I need to let everyone know that there are instances where I do not have the time to go and remove insults such as "idiot" "moron" and "random curse word" from posts. Saying, "well that is dumb" is different then saying "you are dumb."

its seems you can call people names if you are Defending him , selective Modding , as he has said himself , he is the mod with all the powers and he could have removed it if he wanted to , i dont think he needs you to fight his corner ,[/quote']

Ahhh, but if you notice, I also left all of your insults to me, and the other guys, up as well. So, I did not just leave JJW's up, so your point is null. And, you have no idea why, I am sure.

Don't Count him yet! He has skills and a lot of potential. He just needs time.

As far as Wilks goes. I had him picked as a sleeper from the start. Until his last fight where I just outright picked him as the winner. That guy has skills

I remember--you and I were in agreement about Wilks. He is basically a reserved guy which is probably why he didn't get much camera time. Also fighting Lester 2 times kinda kept us from seeing him display more of his skills against another fighter.

I know Demarques has potential--I just don't see it. I think his problem is as much motivation as anything else. He got worked up over everything Bisping said even if it wasn't directed at him. I think his head is not always in it the game which is something he will need to correct to become competitive in the UFC.

I remember--you and I were in agreement about Wilks. He is basically a reserved guy which is probably why he didn't get much camera time. Also fighting Lester 2 times kinda kept us from seeing him display more of his skills against another fighter.

I know Demarques has potential--I just don't see it. I think his problem is as much motivation as anything else. He got worked up over everything Bisping said even if it wasn't directed at him. I think his head is not always in it the game which is something he will need to correct to become competitive in the UFC.

I think he thought he outclassed Wilks honestly and didn't show him enough respect in the cage. Like you said, Wilks only fought Lester in the house so most people really didn't think he was that great, or see what he is really all about. I actually started the Fan Club thread for him so I had to look up a lot of stuff people don't know about him. He is VERY GOOD!. But I will say, D showed a lot of class handing him the trophey and giving him props after the match. I have no problem with D, I think he's gonna do well in the future. He just needs more time. Wilks on the other hand has what it takes to do well NOW, and he'll only get better!!

I think he thought he outclassed Wilks honestly and didn't show him enough respect in the cage. Like you said' date=' Wilks only fought Lester in the house so most people really didn't think he was that great, or see what he is really all about. I actually started the Fan Club thread for him so I had to look up a lot of stuff people don't know about him. He is VERY GOOD!. But I will say, D showed a lot of class handing him the trophey and giving him props after the match. I have no problem with D, I think he's gonna do well in the future. He just needs more time. Wilks on the other hand has what it takes to do well NOW, and he'll only get better!![/quote']

Agreed.

I think he thought he outclassed Wilks honestly and didn't show him enough respect in the cage. Like you said' date=' Wilks only fought Lester in the house so most people really didn't think he was that great, or see what he is really all about. I actually started the Fan Club thread for him so I had to look up a lot of stuff people don't know about him. He is VERY GOOD!. But I will say, D showed a lot of class handing him the trophey and giving him props after the match. I have no problem with D, I think he's gonna do well in the future. He just needs more time. Wilks on the other hand has what it takes to do well NOW, and he'll only get better!![/quote']

Wilks is a thoroughly good martial artist with BJJ and TKD black belts. IMO all he has been lacking is the opportunity to train with guys who were better than him...which will now change. Being with the UFC he can work with partners to put his skills together for the MMA game.

Wilks is a thoroughly good martial artist with BJJ and TKD black belts. IMO all he has been lacking is the opportunity to train with guys who were better than him...which will now change. Being with the UFC he can work with partners to put his skills together for the MMA game.

Give him a year or two and he'll be a force in WW!! At the least a top ten guy, mark my words

This is actually good point.

I shouldn't have said that. I just get mad when I see people talking out of their ****.

BTW check around' date=' I don't say things like this very often so when I do, they are probably true! I get along with everyone on this forum. But I don't like people talking bad about it, the posters, OR the Mods who work there butts off ( for FREE) and take time out of their lives to make our experience as posters more enjoyable. It really is a thankless job that people need to realize is more of a pain than you like to think! Just have a little respect for the people that keep this site clean and running very well, thats all I'm saying :)[/quote']

No offence Jujits , but you see G_Row and how he mods as different from mine , how is that me " talking out my **** " sure my opinion might not be yours but its still mine , you may think im wrong , annoying , aggresive , and thats fine , but if someone has a different opinion than you it doesnt mean there talking out there **** and you are right , it means just that , we have different opinions

we both know what we want to post and what we actually do post is sometimes different for the sake of civility , so at that we will leave this thread to either fade away or be locked , everyones had there say and theres nothing more to be gained from it .

,and i know exactly how it is to mod forums and run servers , lol .

You but your opinion can be wrong as well remember...

Ex. My opinion is that during the fight between GSP and Alves, GSP will throw a pink unicorn at Alves, finishing him instantly... thus the fight will end via Unicorn KO IMO of course.

See.. thats a bad opinion. People dont seem to understand that opinions sometimes make no sense and are wrong in many different ways.

Give him a year or two and he'll be a force in WW!! At the least a top ten guy' date=' mark my words[/quote']

Agreed. Demarques can sell the programs to the man events:) j/k.

aww wots wrong baby ' date=' you sound slighty miffed . go try to be smart with someone who cares , thats all you try to do on here , pick quotes and try to be the clever smart 1 , its old , seen it before , at least try something different , or at least pm me so otheres dont have to read your " im so cool look at me " replys[/quote']

Well capcom, you are in a very very small minority with your opinions on how I mod this site. Take a second and read what you wrote to me. You would have been banned on other sites for this remark, to a mod. But, I am not ban happy. I believe people are entitled to their opinions. But stop trying to play the victim of the mean old mod when you very clearly started the flaming. And yes, I said it was easy for you to chime in on DaMarques after the fight. You quoted someones prediction of him, then wanted to tell them how wrong they were after the fact.

No offence Jujits ' date=' but you see G_Row and how he mods as different from mine , how is that me " talking out my **** " sure my opinion might not be yours but its still mine , you may think im wrong , annoying , aggresive , and thats fine , but if someone has a different opinion than you it doesnt mean there talking out there **** and you are right , it means just that , we have different opinions

we both know what we want to post and what we actually do post is sometimes different for the sake of civility , so at that we will leave this thread to either fade away or be locked , everyones had there say and theres nothing more to be gained from it .

,and i know exactly how it is to mod forums and run servers , lol .[/quote']

No I don't, I just see it how it IS!! YOU see it different because your argueing with him! I've known G__row long enough to know that he won't take sides or show favortisim. He WILL voice his opinion, which is his right to do, but not bash people for theirs. Trust me, the Mods we have here are far better than anywhere else I've been. No egos, they just keep it running smooth. Believe it or not. I (yes me, one of the most mellow people on the forum) was BANNED from Sherdog for disagreeing with a Mod about a fighter he liked!!! Nothing bad was said other than "I disagree" and I was BANNED. So your just not going to convince me that the Mods we have here are bad.

Show me one time he has shown favortisim towards anyone and I'll be quiet.

i am in no way playing the "mean old mod trick " i still think your a mod on a power trip and im not alone , thats mine and others opinions and were entitled to them are we not , Good day :)

No I don't' date=' I just see it how it IS!! YOU see it different because your argueing with him! I've known G__row long enough to know that he won't take sides or show favortisim. He WILL voice his opinion, which is his right to do, but not bash people for theirs. Trust me, the Mods we have here are far better than anywhere else I've been. No egos, they just keep it running smooth. Believe it or not. I (yes me, one of the most mellow people on the forum) was BANNED from Sherdog for disagreeing with a Mod about a fighter he liked!!! Nothing bad was said other than "I disagree" and I was BANNED. So your just not going to convince me that the Mods we have here are bad.

Show me one time he has shown favortisim towards anyone and I'll be quiet.[/quote']

why are you doing CAPS to emphizise your POINT , is that supposed to make you RIGHT and me WRONG , i see it how it IS and you see it DIFFERENT , there does that make me right now:)

i am in no way playing the "mean old mod trick " i still think your a mod on a power trip and im not alone ' date=' thats mine and others opinions and were entitled to them are we not , Good day :)[/quote']

Yes capcom, you and the two or three out of hundreds and hundreds agree.

And yes you are playing the "mean old mod" card. Look at what you posted to me. My response was something to the effect of that not being a smart way to talk to a mod. It is not the right way to talk to anyone on here, much less a mod.

You were wrong for your comment. PM Brewster and lodge a complaint. Please.

why are you doing CAPS to emphizise your POINT ' date=' is that supposed to make you RIGHT and me WRONG , i see it how it IS and you see it DIFFERENT , there does that make me right now:)[/quote']

No, I was using caps to emphasize my point. Your entitled to your opinion,as am I. I just happen to know that I'm right. But, your free to feel how you feel :)

No' date=' I was using caps to emphasize my point. Your entitled to your opinion,as am I. I just happen to know that I'm right. But, your free to feel how you feel :)[/quote']

"feel free to feel how you feel" LMAO, nice.

I don't understand why Capcom feels the need to be so defensive. I guess no one likes to admit they're wrong. I've been following the arguments and I think that Capcom needs to apologize for being rude. I definitely agree that G_Row has been more than reasonable and he's a really good moderator. He's been unbiased and he hasn't said anything insulting. The only reason he said its unwise to mess with the moderator is because of what Capcom said!

Meh, you can mess with me all ya want. LOL And apparently you can insult me as well. Say what anyone wants, but I do have the power to delete and ban. I have done neither here.

I will let voices be heard, even when they are against me. lol

Meh' date=' you can mess with me all ya want. LOL And apparently you can insult me as well. Say what anyone wants, but I do have the power to delete and ban. I have done neither here.

I will let voices be heard, even when they are against me. lol[/quote']

...all that coming from the moderator! lol

I don't think its right for people to insult anyone on here... whether its another poster or a fighter (Check out the Clay Guida threads to see what I mean). Last time I checked we're supposed to have some rules around here. There's nothing wrong with having differences, but come on... lets be respectful to each other. The only time its okay to say something negative (which is not the same thing as an insult) is when someone is obviously wrong about something, kinda like that pink unicorn garbage :P

...all that coming from the moderator! lol

I don't think its right for people to insult anyone on here... whether its another poster or a fighter (Check out the Clay Guida threads to see what I mean). Last time I checked we're supposed to have some rules around here. There's nothing wrong with having differences' date=' but come on... lets be respectful to each other. The only time its okay to say something negative (which is not the same thing as an insult) is when someone is obviously wrong about something, kinda like that pink unicorn garbage :P[/quote']

Yeah, I wish we could have perfect harmony, but that is not gonna happen. I think I do a good job trying to keep people civil with each other. But some people make assumptions without knowing what they are talking about. Or from looking at two threads. Even when they have no idea of other issues that have gone on. Oh well. I have made the proper people aware of all this.

Yeah' date=' I wish we could have perfect harmony, but that is not gonna happen. I think I do a good job trying to keep people civil with each other. But some people make assumptions without knowing what they are talking about. Or from looking at two threads. Even when they have no idea of other issues that have gone on. Oh well. I have made the proper people aware of all this.[/quote']

Don't worry about it man. You and Brew do a fine job as Mods. (If we ever get another one, he/she would do well to follow the example) :P LMAO

Yeah' date=' I wish we could have perfect harmony, but that is not gonna happen. I think I do a good job trying to keep people civil with each other. But some people make assumptions without knowing what they are talking about. Or from looking at two threads. Even when they have no idea of other issues that have gone on. Oh well. I have made the proper people aware of all this.[/quote']

Cant fault you mate really.

Some of you are very protective of your mod, and rightly so. He is very capable. Sometimes maybe you should let him mod by himself. He has enough respect from all on this forum to control and diffuse situations without your intervention.

Not meant to offend, just an idea.

Cant fault you mate really.

Some of you are very protective of your mod' date=' and rightly so. He is very capable. Sometimes maybe you should let him mod by himself. He has enough respect from all on this forum to control and diffuse situations without your intervention.

Not meant to offend, just an idea.[/quote']

Well, you never know who may have been asked to help look out, and who may be on the list to be added as a mod. Am just saying. lol

And thanks.

I know I was never asked... but I do it every now and again anyway because there's no reason to fight. Although the presige and position of moderator sounds pretty good! LOL

Everyone I've talked to is pretty cool... you have to give respect to get respect I suppose.

I know I was never asked... but I do it every now and again anyway because there's no reason to fight. Although the presige and position of moderator sounds pretty good! LOL

Everyone I've talked to is pretty cool... you have to give respect to get respect I suppose.

He wasn't talking about you LOL :P

remember rashad evans? when he first came out of the tuf.

i use to fall asleep watching his fights!, they were all boring but now look at him, or where he got.

He wasn't talking about you LOL :P

I know he wasn't talking about me. What I said was that no one asked me (or you for that matter... I know you've got a fuzzy side JJW!) I just choose to break up some of the fights that break out here... for the good of the forum.

People are gonna fight, its inevitable, but if we're gonna fight, lets back it up.

GAME ON!!!

I know he wasn't talking about me. What I said was that no one asked me (or you for that matter... I know you've got a fuzzy side JJW!) I just choose to break up some of the fights that break out here... for the good of the forum.

People are gonna fight' date=' its inevitable, but if we're gonna fight, lets back it up.

GAME ON!!![/quote']

That is not entirely true. lol

Oops... I guess you caught me! :P

Just curious though... what wasn't entirely true?

JJW has been asked to help out. If I had my way, he would be a mod now. But it is very difficult to make that happen for some reason.

People are gonna fight' date=' its inevitable, but if we're gonna fight, lets back it up.

GAME ON!!![/quote']

LOL nice

I was just messing with you anyway brother. I think your cool and I like having help keepin the peace :)

Its because JJW touches little boys... and the Admins know that.

Silly JJW' date=' boys are not your toys..[/quote']

WTF??? Have you been peeking in the favorite posters thread? LOL

JJW has been asked to help out. If I had my way' date=' he would be a mod now. But it is very difficult to make that happen for some reason.[/quote']

Well, there that is LOL. So much for keeping it quiet :P

I talked to Brew the other day and he sent a mass email out, he said that should kick things into gear on that front

WTF??? Have you been peeking in the favorite posters thread? LOL

ummm... no? Why what happened in there...

actually, nvm. I dont want to know. I said it as a joke, but now I am fearing for little boys in the Florida area..

Well' date=' there that is LOL. So much for keeping it quiet :P

I talked to Brew the other day and he sent a mass email out, he said that should kick things into gear on that front[/quote']

I hope so. I just did not want it to get to the point that people thought you were just sucking up or something. Ya know. lol

I hope so. I just did not want it to get to the point that people thought you were just sucking up or something. Ya know. lol

AAAAHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA!!!! I CALLED IT!!!!! JJW you traitor!!!!!

AAAAHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA!!!! I CALLED IT!!!!! JJW you traitor!!!!!

This had happened before you even joined brother LOL

I've just been trying to keep it as quite as possible until now

I know man' date=' I appreciate you looking out

JJW is pretty fair and unbiased, he'd make a good mod. Glad to know I've got at least one friend on here. :)

LOL you do! And thank you, I'll do my best :)

This had happened before you even joined brother LOL

I've just been trying to keep it as quite as possible until now

But I still could tell. I wonder how long it will be till I get banned after you actually get the "title". HA HA HAAAAAAAAA!

But I still could tell. I wonder how long it will be till I get banned after you actually get the "title". HA HA HAAAAAAAAA!

Nah man, your cool as hell and you make me laugh.

Yeh this TUF was a waste as far as what it is going to produce for future fights. Frankie Lester getting pwned again in the octagon was pretty much an idea of the kind of fighters the UFC put together to face off against the UK.

Nah man' date=' your cool as hell and you make me laugh.[/quote']

But then again you JJW laugh at almost anything.

You laugh at this, you laugh at that..........LOL.