Sign in to follow this  
davedude

Andre Winner did not win fair!

He was only able to get on top and finish because he clearly and illegally held onto the fence. By grabbing the fence he was able to stay elevated just long enough to fall on top of Cameron, rather than under as he inevitably would have.

As far as I'm concerned, he's an F'n cheater.

And the UFC does nothing about these little violations, which cause heartbreak for another fighter.

This is the very reason that MMA has had so much difficulty being recognized on the same level of professionalism as boxing.

Sad, just plain sad.

He was only able to get on top and finish because he clearly and illegally held onto the fence. By grabbing the fence he was able to stay elevated just long enough to fall on top of Cameron' date=' rather than under as he inevitably would have.

And the UFC does nothing about these little violations, which cause heartbreak for another fighter.

This is the very reason that MMA has had so much difficulty being recognized on the same level of professionalism as boxing.

Sad, just plain sad.[/quote']

What was that about a CHEATER lol dollar knows all about that.Did any 1 see him cringe and drop every time dude kneed his ribs?It was clear he lost that fight before it even started.Like the friend he backstabbed by the time he knew it was prawly to late...I wannuh know if dollar gave his supposed friend a heads up about his gurlll being a garden tool.Or did he hide it and let dude have kids and a future divorce out of the blue HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I think i both cases tonight, the better fighter won. Dollar looked pretty decent though. Dent, I think tried to do too much stuff in order to please Dana rather then his usual take his time game plan that seems to work in his favor. It was frustrating to see Dent take so many back of the head punches though with no ref calling it out, Bisping would of thrown a fit.

congrats to both winners tonight, I think the better fighter won in both cases and deserved the W.

What was that about a CHEATER lol dollar knows all about that.Did any 1 see him cringe and drop every time dude kneed his ribs?It was clear he lost that fight before it even started.Like the friend he backstabbed by the time he knew it was prawly to late...I wannuh know if dollar gave his supposed friend a heads up about his gurlll being a garden tool.Or did he hide it and let dude have kids and a future divorce out of the blue HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Come on man, are we still talkin about that? In all likelyhood he just made that up to like cool in front of the guys anyway.

I didn't like Dollar at first but has proved to me that he is a very good fighter with a lot of heart and a pretty bright future in the sport! If Hendo says you've got what it takes to be a star someday, then you should take him at his word. Dollar should hold his high after the job he did on the show.

Come on man' date=' are we still talkin about that? In all likelyhood he just made that up to like cool in front of the guys anyway.

I didn't like Dollar at first but has proved to me that he is a very good fighter with a lot of heart and a pretty bright future in the sport! If Hendo says you've got what it takes to be a star someday, then you should take him at his word. Dollar should hold his high after the job he did on the show.[/quote']

A i dont like charectorless people h8 me all you want.He admitted his lack of will power along with the crying like a GURL i dont like him SO WHAT!CarmA caught him unlike all the punches he threw @winner.He has talent hendo says? Sure

He was only able to get on top and finish because he clearly and illegally held onto the fence. By grabbing the fence he was able to stay elevated just long enough to fall on top of Cameron' date=' rather than under as he inevitably would have.

[b']This is the very reason that MMA has had so much difficulty being recognized on the same level of professionalism as boxing.

Sad, just plain sad[/b].

And this is why we laugh at you LOL. You have made yourself out to be a joke.

He did grab the fence and it helped his position. That said, Dollar's ribs probably lost him the fight. He was wild, but fought well. After he took that 1st knee to the ribs, he crumbled and it was downhill from there. I haven't been impressed with Winner so far.

Yeah, because boxing doesn't have fighters grabbing the ropes, slipping through the ropes, rabbit punching, elbowing, hip punches, or headbutts. Ever. Because they're so professional.

Sad, just plain sad.[/quote']

I disagree,

People inadvertently grab the fence all the time. It couldn't have been that bad or Hendo and all of Team USA would have been going nuts. Plus your argument has no weight because Winner won the fight from HIS BACK, he wasn't on top. Dollar got past the mount and worked his way to top position. Then Dollar got caught in a triangle. It was just a nice move by Winner, the fence had NOTHING to do with the win. Dollar just got beat by a better fighter. The end, PERIOD!

A i dont like charectorless people h8 me all you want.He admitted his lack of will power along with the crying like a GURL i dont like him SO WHAT!CarmA caught him unlike all the punches he threw @winner.He has talent hendo says? Sure

Almost every fighter has cried on the shows man. You have every right to dislike the guy. But we also have the right to voice our opinions on yours, right?

Crying doesnt mean anything. Everyone cries. If you have never cried before, then you need to go to a doctor and get your eyes checked and your brain screwed on correctly. It is healthy to cry.

I dont see why Dollar is a whimp for something like that. The guy fought his heart out and lost. Why would you call him down for that? Yeah he tagged his buddy's wife... big deal.

I disagree' date='

People inadvertently grab the fence all the time. It couldn't have been that bad or Hendo and all of Team USA would have been going nuts. Plus your argument has no weight because Winner won the fight from HIS BACK, he wasn't on top. Dollar got past the mount and worked his way to top position. Then Dollar got caught in a triangle. It was just a nice move by Winner, the fence had NOTHING to do with the win. Dollar just got beat by a better fighter. The end, PERIOD![/quote']

Agreed. Dan put it best when he said "you will have ups and downs throughout your career." That being said, BY DAN, says a lot. The kid has talent and massive potential IMO. I am willing to bet we will see Dollar again. The kid is good.

Almost every fighter has cried on the shows man. You have every right to dislike the guy. But we also have the right to voice our opinions on yours' date=' right?[/quote']

To quote a great Marine "You have the right to say what you want. We have the right to punch you in the F'n mouth if we disagree. Semper Fidelis."

(mod edit)he does have potential. i mean his round game is amazing! his stand-up definately needs to be better but his ground game is great and he could beat some light weights in the ufc

If he is your pick for future greatness good luck...

He has shown that he can be coached. He has shown that he will fight injured, not hurt, injured. He has shown a desire to get better. There is potential for greatness. I think you are just jaded to the concept.

(mod edit)he does have potential. i mean his round game is amazing! his stand-up definately needs to be better but his ground game is great and he could beat some light weights in the ufc

But if you watched that fight and compaired it to his last one, Dollars stand up has improved vastly in the short time Hendo has had with him. Give this kid some time and he could be a legit threat in the LW Div.

But if you watched that fight and compaired it to his last one' date=' Dollars stand up has improved vastly in the short time Hendo has had with him. Give this kid some time and he could be a legit threat in the LW Div.[/quote']

chucknorris.gif

I think another thing that is being overlooked that no one has mentioned yet...Pierce being a dbag again. During the practice sessions Winner was telling Bisping that Pierce was giving hiimpointers...and during the fight you could see Dollar doing the exact thing that Winner was warned about. If Dana ever gives this guy a fight for money I will definetely lose some respect for him.

I think another thing that is being overlooked that no one has mentioned yet...Pierce being a dbag again. During the practice sessions Winner was telling Bisping that Pierce was giving hiimpointers...and during the fight you could see Dollar doing the exact thing that Winner was warned about. If Dana ever gives this guy a fight for money I will definetely lose some respect for him.

BOYCOTT!!!!!!! lol

Telling people your teams weaknesses has happened before' date=' and that guy went on to win the show... He also gets paid for every fight.

Just throwing that out there for ya.[/quote']

Exactly, its nothing new, Kendell Grove did it too

cameron is a young man so the crying and the lie about screwing his buddy's wife, and believe me it was a lie because if this dude is actually his buddy he'll be watching the show, can all be attributed to being young and stupid. MMA has a big problem with guys that are too young making it to the show too soon. these guys need to evolve as fighters on the smaller circuits first. It won't help cameron's career to go the UFC and burn out getting beat by better more rounded opponents and be done the sport by 25-26. the only guys that did well coming up as young as dollar are GSP and Shogun and both guys have early losses in their careers that they shouldn't have been in. shogun losing to babalu and GSP losing to hughes. sam stout is another example of too soon. cantwell is another example. nick diaz was an example but is now turning his career around. It's just nonsensical to put these guys in there too soon.

Cameron Dollar Has No Heart. He gave up in that fight. Once it hit the ground he gave up on himself. The Triangle wasn't even locked in and he was just staying on his knees waiting to tap. His team was yelling at him to posture up, but he just stayed on his knees. No effort. He even started giving his arm to Andre hoping he'd get armbarred. Then when it was locked in, he showed his acting chops. He stood up and threw a couple of punches before tapping out. He wanted to "look" tough when he actually just gave up.

I disagree' date='

People inadvertently grab the fence all the time. It couldn't have been that bad or Hendo and all of Team USA would have been going nuts. Plus your argument has no weight because Winner won the fight from HIS BACK, he wasn't on top. Dollar got past the mount and worked his way to top position. Then Dollar got caught in a triangle. It was just a nice move by Winner, the fence had NOTHING to do with the win. Dollar just got beat by a better fighter. The end, PERIOD![/quote']

Come on. Dollar did Not get past the mount and work his way to top position. Did you really see him really try anything after his sloppy take down put him on the mat ? Did you see Damian Maia's last fight. He went for a mounted triangle then rolled to his own back to sink it in.

I think both fighters did good and to insult either one of them is pointless. Yeah he grabbed the fence....how many UFC fighters have we seen grab the fence? A win is a win. Dollar knows that. I have seen the most experienced kick the groin, head but, grab the fence.....it happens. The ribs played a role for sure, but at the end of the day, he lost. Thats how it goes. If you wish to insult Pierce or Nick on the other hand...be my guest lol.

Why does everybody act like they were in Dollar's corner or the fight doctor ? You claim the ribs were a big contributing factor to Dollar giving up on himself, But both Dollar and Hendo said he didn't feel it during the fight.

I think both fighters did good and to insult either one of them is pointless.

To praise or compliment them is just as pointless, but if we cared about it all being pointless, we wouldn't be here.

Praise is pointless? Really? Negativity is one thing, positive comments are another, plus I do not feel like they deserve it, but Bisbing and Nick.....thats another story lol

To praise or compliment them is just as pointless' date=' but if we cared about it all being pointless, we wouldn't be here.[/quote']

Wow do you even believe the things u write...you make as much sense as Charlie Brown's teacher...wha wha ....wha wha wha...wha...wah wah wah wah....wah wah

Sorry Fred...but what a load of semantic nit picking garbage. One is positive...One is negative....how hard is that to understand?

plus I do not feel like they deserve it' date=' but Bisbing and Nick.....thats another story lol[/quote']

you feel they don't deserve criticism ? that's fine. i may feel they don't deserve praise. guess what ? you may not like it, but that's fine too. tough break.

you can have positive criticism , but you can't censor negative criticism. they both have their place. It's real simple.

you feel they don't deserve criticism ? that's fine. i may feel they don't deserve praise. guess what ? you may not like it' date=' but that's fine too. tough break.

you can have positive criticism , but you can't censor negative criticism. they both have their place. It's real simple.[/quote']

Go see a shrink for ur negetive babble

Wow...how to delude oneself 101. Your post about not feeling they deserve praise I can understand, but comparing positive to negevative is just well....simple...not very sharp. One makes you feel better and is constructive....one isnt. You really want to argue that?

Why does everybody act like they were in Dollar's corner or the fight doctor ? You claim the ribs were a big contributing factor to Dollar giving up on himself' date=' But both Dollar and Hendo said he didn't feel it during the fight.[/quote']

He didn't feel it cause it is called adrenaline,that doesn't mean ur body can ignore the fact the ribs were hurt.Just like if you were on pain pills even though you cant feel anything doesnt mean that u can do everything.So If you hurst yours ribs and the adreneline starts to flow so you start to feel no pain doesnt mean you can move like nothing wrong...so for that reason I could see why Dollar lost that fight the way he did.

I dunno bout that' date=' I think Winner did a great job.[/quote']

He sure did, I believe that Andre would have won regardless. The fact remains that the ref should not have allowed that take-down to count due to the obvious effect of the fence-holding. He should have stood them back up and warned Winner.

It didn't look like he grabbed on. Looked like he tried. His hands grazed across the cage. Cameron was just done at that point. He went for a take down, ended up on his side and didn't try to recover. Winner was setting up a triangle. It wasn't locked in and Dollar just stayed on his knees wishing it'd be over already.

It didn't look like he grabbed on. Looked like he tried. His hands grazed across the cage. Cameron was just done at that point. He went for a take down' date=' ended up on his side and didn't try to recover. Winner was setting up a triangle. It wasn't locked in and Dollar just stayed on his knees wishing it'd be over already.[/quote']

Yeah, there did not seem to be a ton of effort to get out of it before it was locked in.

Both of the fights was very entertaining. I was very suprised that Cameron gave Winner some problems. I also agree that Cameron would have ended on top if not for Winner grabbing the fence...but it happens all the time like others have mentioned. All in all, it was a great fight and Cameron did very well and I am sure we will see him back again. As for Ross vs Dent...I really did not think Dent had it in him to bang with Ross. Dents strategy was good though...he did not want to get hurt in the ealier fights so he was more conservative...and he did go all in this fight though.

Ross has a chin of steel and a heart of a griffin. Taking him down seems to be pretty damn hard. He makes you quit mentally and physically.

I understand how Winner had a bit of trouble though with Cameron. Cameron is a wrestler, and being a wrestler only gets you so far. When you are fighting a guy who has better striking then grappling though, your wrestling usually helps a lot. In this case it caused problems a couple times for Winner. Even though Winner got the mount, Cameron reversed it but put himself in a triangle as he did it. That was where the L came from...

Interesting fight though

The fence grab effected the takedown but not the outcome of the fight really.

Was more suprised with the Dent fight and nothing being done about the huge amount of strikes to the back of the head, but then again Mazz was reffing.

. Even though Winner got the mount' date=' Cameron reversed it but put himself in a triangle as he did it. That was where the L came from...

Interesting fight though[/quote']

I'm not convinced Cameron reversed anything. It's an easy transition to set up a mounted triangle, roll over to your back and make your opponent feel like he's in a better spot. Then lock in the triangle from your back. I think that's what Winner did. Damian Maia's done it before to Chael Sonnen. If Dollar actually had any fight left in him to get out of a mount. He wouldn't have just stayed on his knees waiting to tap. He stayed on his knees for over 20 seconds. With no intentions to fight out of a triangle that wasn't even locked in.

Some of you guys are being real harsh on Dollar he was doing well throwing some good strikes. Even before the triangle was set in Winner had his arm and head quite tight.

Dollar did the right thing in staying calm its easy to make things worse trying to get out of a submission hold.

Most these guys are inexperienced with Dollar being one of the least experienced give the guy a break he has a bright future i'm sure and will learn alot from being in this competition.

As for the fence grab it was more of a push to gain position and your allowed to push off the fence.